Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,044 members, 7,807,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? (2110 Views)

330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) / What Specie Of Snake Is This? / What Specie Is This Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:29am On Sep 09, 2015
A friend gave me this cute guy and its feed(tiny pellets in a tin) to be fed just 5. pellets a day but she doesn't know the specie neither do I.... Pls who knows the species it belongs to and ideas on how to care for them....
I intend to keep it as a life long pet as turtles have a history of living as long as even humans so pepper soup chefs n cooks look else where ..... grin grin

Pictures below..

Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by TI1919(m): 7:32am On Sep 09, 2015
undecided

1 Share

Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by LordOfTheWeed: 7:52am On Sep 09, 2015
Either an African side neck turtle or a musk turtle.. .. .. One of the 2 but you can also check google to be sure wink

3 Likes

Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by wunmi590(m): 8:01am On Sep 09, 2015
Good morning, Prodeegee, your attention is needed here
Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by naijainfogalery: 8:32am On Sep 09, 2015
i would definitely love to have a turtle and a tortoise someday
Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:45am On Sep 09, 2015
LordOfTheWeed:
Either an African side neck turtle or a musk turtle.. .. .. One of the duo, but you can also check google to be sure wink
av checked Google countless times but can't find d specie.... Even got a site where u select features of the turtle but they keep tellong me species not in database yet....
Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:46am On Sep 09, 2015
naijainfogalery:
i would definitely love to have a turtle and a tortoise someday
the one I just got is really cute but still shy tho
Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by LordOfTheWeed: 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
av checked Google countless times but can't find d specie.... Even got a site where u select features of the turtle but they keep tellong me species not in database yet....
Then i will advice you to go for one of the 2 i suggested above, i once reared a turtle almost resembling yours and it was a must turtle, but the only difference i could see between yours and mine is their shell roughness, the shell of yours is rougher compared to mine.. .. ..

1 Like

Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
LordOfTheWeed:

Then i will advice you to go for one of the 2 i suggested above, i once reared a turtle almost resembling yours and it was a must turtle, but the only difference i could see between yours and mine is their shell roughness, the shell of yours is rougher compared to mine.. .. ..
okay.... Thanks soo much......
Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by LordOfTheWeed: 9:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
okay.... Thanks soo much......
you're welcome man wink

1 Like

Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:11am On Sep 10, 2015
LordOfTheWeed:
Either an African side neck turtle or a musk turtle.. .. .. One of the duo, but you can also check google to be sure wink
bro its a side neck African Turtle just like you said.... Just looked up both on Google
Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by Prodeegee(m): 8:33am On Sep 10, 2015
is that a turtle or a tortoise? sometimes I get confused myself
Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by LordOfTheWeed: 8:46am On Sep 10, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
bro its a side neck African Turtle just like you said.... Just looked up both on Google
To be fully sure if your turtle is an African side neck turtle as you proclaimed, observe if it fully withdraws its head into its shell at all time, if it doesn't, then it's indeed an African side neck turtle!

After being sure of that, then you have to determine the perfect habitat for it, the habitat must be out of reach of other dangerous reptiles coz your turtle may be harmed due to the fact that it can't conceal the whole of its head underneath its shell, provide a large swimming space for it also as they love spending most of their time in water.

NB: This turtle you just got yourself may be very aggressive for now until it gain total captivity, it may try as much as possible to get its freedom, and it would if you are not watchful. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:09am On Sep 10, 2015
LordOfTheWeed:

To be fully sure if your turtle is an African side neck turtle as you proclaimed, observe if it fully withdraws its head into its shell at all time, if it doesn't, then it's indeed an African side neck turtle!

After being sure of that, then you have to determine the perfect habitat for it, the habitat must be out of reach of other dangerous reptiles coz your turtle may be harmed due to the fact that it can't conceal the whole of its head underneath its shell, provide a large swimming space for it also as they love spending most of their time in water.

NB: This turtle you just got yourself may be very aggressive for now until it gain total captivity, it may try as much as possible to get its freedom, and it would if you are not watchful. grin grin grin
I noticed it doesn't withdraw its head in fully but to the side and its always trying to escape even when in the bowl I put it which it cant climb out of.... Carried it on my palm today an it was trying to walk off.... Lol....

Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by LordOfTheWeed: 9:27am On Sep 10, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
I noticed it doesn't withdraw its head in fully but to the side and its always trying to escape even when in the bowl I put it which it cant climb out of.... Carried it on my palm today an it was trying to walk off.... Lol....
Lolz.. .. .. Enjoy your new pet bro, and please, don't starve it cry

1 Like

Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:23am On Sep 10, 2015
LordOfTheWeed:

Lolz.. .. .. Enjoy your new pet bro, and please, don't starve it cry
nah... I wouldn't.....
Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by nabeans: 8:37am On Feb 01, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
nah... I wouldn't.....

Guy I don't know if you've resolved this but I believe your pet is/was a side-necked. Is it still with you?

Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:47am On Feb 01, 2018
nabeans:

Guy I don't know if you've resolved this but I believe your pet is/was a side-necked. Is it still with you?
that's d exact same one... Never got to Know the breed tho.... Thanks boss.... However, I don't have him anymore... Dude bailed on me when I was trying to clean the tank I used to keep him. I just don't know where he passed through or where he entered.
Re: Pls Who Knows What Specie Of Turtle This Is? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:52am On Feb 01, 2018
LordOfTheWeed:

your warning came to pass boss.... Nigga bailed on me. I had my eyes off just for a second to clean his tank n he was out of d place I kept him in holding n was nowhere to be found

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Free GSD Puppies / Superb Female St Bernard Puppy For Sell, 5 Weeks Old. / Adult Rabbits For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.