Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? (39589 Views)

Who Should Earn More Between An HR Personnel And An HSE Personnel? / 7 Industries And Career Fields For Comfortable Living In Nigeria / 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by olawaletech2: 1:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
150k is Ok

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by stonecoldcafe: 1:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
micronut:
One of the reasons i have my reservations about work life in Lagos. But it always seems all the works in this country are amassed in Lagos. 80% of the jobs on Nairaland and jobsites are in Lagos. Must we all move to Lagos??

Funny enough, when i look at the life uncles and cousins are living in Lagos, i feel somehow....... Some have been working for close to 10yrs with no house and meaningful investment. Rather they tell me how difficult and expensive things are, a 2bedroom flat could be like 700k for a year + agent.. Now how do one cope when the children started going to school and bills grows while salary may be crawling...

Yes one would be working in lagos but ur mates in town like ibadan, akure, osogbo, owerri, minna would have built their house, own some other investments that they could run to even when the hard times knocks... This is why many lagosian don't want to come home when they are called upon, except if u are lucky to get a huge salary job..

Lagos! stop tempting me, am scared of you. lolz

Excellent point especially as regards housing and building your home in Nigeria. I agree its faster for folks in other cities with lesser income to build their home than an average working class dude in Lagos.

True story. I had an uncle, very very wealthy man. He was at the top of his profession. I recall during my NYSC days going to greet him in his office. As I left his office that day (on the island) I admired his staff, black SUV, family, flashy lifestyle, house on Banana Island, frequent trips abroad et al.

Do you know sadly this man died and that's when we knew the Banana Island house was not his. He had no property not even a hut in the village! He lived paying people stuff in Lagos - i.e office rent, house rent and so on. He was buried as a wealthy man in the same Lagos - Ikoyi Vault.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by 44chux(m): 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
Sagamite:

Another typical Nigerian fuuktard answer.
Men, how I missed my moronic cretinous fuuktard-cilline injections grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
Acidosis:
I spend zero naira on daily tfare "to work", spend zero naira on fuel, zero naira on laundry, so I save 70-80% of my earnings.

People should stop throwing figures like illiterates. If you depend on how much you earn, with little attention on your spending level and discipline, you will spend 10 years in Lagos without a meaningful achievement.

A man earning N1 in Lagos can live a better life than one who earn N10.

From your analysis, I doubt if you have a job.Even yahoo boys spend money on fuel

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by kbright911(m): 1:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
1God:
To live comfortable, one shoud earn at least 150K
150k? That's bullshit.. What's gonna be left of 150k when you've gone for some shopping, changed ur wardrobe and paying your bills, not to talk of transportation.. Mehn 150k is jst too little to live decently in lagos. 300k plus add ons is okay by me. That's my take

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by stonecoldcafe: 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
mobuch:

From your analysis, I doubt if you have a job.
LOLZzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Damn it! (Tears running down my eye)

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by CR77(f): 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2015
Yes
Stelvin101:

Can u settle down with a man who received Nysc alawee as monthly salary
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

LOLZzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Damn it! (Tears running down my eye)

Even yahoo boys spend money on fuel
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Dereformer(m): 1:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
It is simple to determine.

To live a decent life in any location in the world, ensure that:

(1) your one month net pay should be able to pay your one year rent or

(2) your one month rent is not more than 10% of your net pay/month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by viktor01(m): 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
killercute16:
Lol....Be very afraid oh,this lagos is just too hard to live in,even with ur huge salary,the state will still frustrate with its everyday unending gridlock hold up,the state is lyk a curse in disguise.
[b][/b]

seriously, am sure lagos is cursed just like the north. once you enter, to go out na deliverance o.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by mrkels(m): 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
bigass:
single 400K
married with no children 650K(combined)
Married with 2 children 800K(combined)

Best response I have see so far.

Even 250k in a place like warri is nothing.

If am to relocate to lag, It would be for nothing less than 800k a month

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by stonecoldcafe: 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
mobuch:

Even yahoo boys spend money on fuel

(Still laughing) cut him some slack though. I know some folks who work in the area where they live. I know a lady who spends like N100 to 200 on transportation and its a bank jo so imagine how much she is saving. Perhaps op meant something like that. Lolz (still laughing)

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by 44chux(m): 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
Lagos seems attractive to job seekers cause all the industries are well represented there en-masse. But so too are job seekers. Nigerians should rather ask about which cities would favour their intending profession better. The odds of landing a civil service job is greater in Owerri/Umuahia, an oil industry job in Uyo/Calabar/Warri/PHC, a reporter/prostitute in LOS/ABJ/PHC, being a successful merchant in Onitsha/Aba, a militant in Ijaw land/Ovwie, a terrorist in Sambisa...

I crave ur indulgence, I 4got my pills this morning...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by omoiseselagba: 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
micronut:
One of the reasons i have my reservations about work life in Lagos. But it always seems all the works in this country are amassed in Lagos. 80% of the jobs on Nairaland and jobsites are in Lagos. Must we all move to Lagos??

Funny enough, when i look at the life uncles and cousins are living in Lagos, i feel somehow....... Some have been working for close to 10yrs with no house and meaningful investment. Rather they tell me how difficult and expensive things are, a 2bedroom flat could be like 700k for a year + agent.. Now how do one cope when the children started going to school and bills grows while salary may be crawling...

Yes one would be working in lagos but ur mates in town like ibadan, akure, osogbo, owerri, minna would have built their house, own some other investments that they could run to even when the hard times knocks... This is why many lagosian don't want to come home when they are called upon, except if u are lucky to get a huge salary job..

Lagos! stop tempting me, am scared of you. lolz GBAM!!!....BAR MAN ABEG NAK THIS PERSON ONE BOTTLE OF ORIGIN.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
CR77:
Yes
Story that touches the scrotums

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by omoiseselagba: 2:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
mrkels:

Best response I have see so far.

Even 250k in a place like warri is nothing.

If am to relocate to lag, It would be for nothing less than 800k a month
ILLUSION

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by omoiseselagba: 2:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
MrScript:
If u know God, u'll need less to live in Lagos
SERIOUS?
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by mrkels(m): 2:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
omoiseselagba:
ILLUSION

It's not bro.

I have peeps currently collecting more than that self. So where's the illusion?
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by nkemjacob2(m): 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
Dis particular question is not certain, there are some pple (graduate) who receive 50k and above y some receive less than 15k. The nigeria economy is bad, any where u find ur self just plan ur future. Most tins that are really expensive in lagos is house rent (either expensive or not conducive) housing plan is poor, transport fare.
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by dblaisepascal(m): 3:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
Lagos/ekoo'. A smelly land of mad folks. Everyone seems to be in haste' little things can trigger offense'. Relocate to Abuja' d land of blessed souls'' oya, agberoos' throw ur insults grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by GboyegaD(m): 3:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Excellent point especially as regards housing and building your home in Nigeria. I agree its faster for folks in other cities with lesser income to build their home than an average working class dude in Lagos.

True story. I had an uncle, very very wealthy man. He was at the top of his profession. I recall during my NYSC days going to greet him in his office. As I left his office that day (on the island) I admired his staff, black SUV, family, flashy lifestyle, house on Banana Island, frequent trips abroad et al.

Do you know sadly this man died and that's when we knew the Banana Island house was not his. He had no property not even a hut in the village! He lived paying people stuff in Lagos - i.e office rent, house rent and so on. He was buried as a wealthy man in the same Lagos - Ikoyi Vault.

No vex ooo, if he had a house or at least a hut, would he have taken it to where he is now? I'm just curious because the way people mentioned building a house in their responses is alarming to me.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by GboyegaD(m): 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
Dereformer:
It is simple to determine.

To live a decent life in any location in the world, ensure that:

(1) your one month net pay should be able to pay your one year rent or

(2) your one month rent is not more than 10% of your net pay/month.

I don't think this is true in the Western world.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by greggng: 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
Chai see how some people dey analyse salary while I hardly see money not to take abt salary. Oh job what did I do to you that made you not to smile on me.?
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by joseph1832(m): 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

lols.
Why would I wanna be there again?
The last time I was there, all my fine girl finish...I was looking so dusty. I just dey lick N50 icecream per minute due to dehydration.

How do you guys even cope?
Be doing regular check up o, you need am.
We cope because we are made of tougher stuff. And every day Lagos life is exercise. grin
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by emmansus(f): 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
If you without responsibility 10k can be enough for u cos u can roged things but wit responsibility na unpreditable amount ooo u can never figure it out jst earn d money and spend.if u don buy pampers asin hoggies own and SMA gold before u go understnd wat I mean.EkO wengeleeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Acidosis(m): 4:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
mobuch:

From your analysis, I doubt if you have a job. Even yahoo boys spend money on fuel

I don't have a "job" but I'm comfortable & as I rightly said, I don't spend money on fuel.

People like you are the reasons Nigeria remains backward. Is it a crime to depend on electric power supply? Must I queue in filling station & buy fuel like every other person to prove I have a job? So while I enjoy superb power supply, I still need to queue for fuel to prove I have a job? lol

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by rasheedmalik113: 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
join abalist if want to enjoying living in lagos or yahoo yahoo work and forget salary earn
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Empedocles(m): 5:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
Its not dat my mouth is dat big ohhh,but for me decent is anything above 1M
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Empedocles(m): 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
CR77:
Yes
u̶̲̥̅̊ beta make sure ūя̲̅ parents are not on NL,I don't nid 2 tell u̶̲̥̅̊ wat dey would do
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by MrScript(m): 5:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
Sagamite:

Another typical Nigerian fuuktard answer.
Yabaleft has a reserved bed for a dummy like u
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Pidggin(f): 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
For decent living 200k is okay for a single person

For married from 250k
Re: What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? by Sagamite(m): 5:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
MrScript:

Yabaleft has a reserved bed for a dummy like u

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

I bet you are already a permanent resident there, that is why you pray so much. Too much problems in life, you are waiting for a miracle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State / 10 Strange Professions That No Longer Exist / Top Things That Take Your Monthly Salary Silently- Cotenant.com.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.