Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Why Is Their A Decline In The Use Of Other Languages In The North? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is Their A Decline In The Use Of Other Languages In The North? (842 Views)

The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World / Pictures Of Emir Palaces In The North, Where Tradition And Modernity Blend Well / Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Their A Decline In The Use Of Other Languages In The North? by dantenny(m): 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is Their A Decline In The Use Of Other Languages In The North? by Afam4eva(m): 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
Like which language?
Re: Why Is Their A Decline In The Use Of Other Languages In The North? by kossyablaze(m): 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
U wan die?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Their A Decline In The Use Of Other Languages In The North? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
bull shit ave been residing in the north for sixteen years now but i cant still speak hausa funny tho but its true
Re: Why Is Their A Decline In The Use Of Other Languages In The North? by Cuddlebugie(f): 6:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
I don't get
Do you mean people don't speak their native languages except for the hausa language? Are you sure you've been to any of the nothern states?
Re: Why Is Their A Decline In The Use Of Other Languages In The North? by nwaanambra1(m): 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
Cuddlebugie:
I don't get
Do you mean people don't speak their native languages except for the hausa language? Are you sure you've been to any of the nothern states?

WHEN YOU SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE - YOU SPEAK IN FEAR CAUSE WHEN THEY HEAR YOU SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE, THEY GIVE YOU THAT LOOK THAT SAYS "YOU DESERVE TO DIE!" lipsrsealed

I EXPERIENCED IT WHENEVER AM IN ABUJA AND AM USING MY LANGUAGE TO COMMUNICATE WITH MY PEOPLE.

THEY LOVE IT WHEN YOU SPEAK HAUSA OR MAY BE ENGLISH - NOT LIKE THEY LIKE THE ENGLISH BUT THEY FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE WITH IT THAN YOUR LANGUAGE. angry

1 Like

Re: Why Is Their A Decline In The Use Of Other Languages In The North? by Cuddlebugie(f): 7:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
nwaanambra1:

WHEN YOU SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE - YOU SPEAK IN FEAR CAUSE WHEN THEY HEAR YOU SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE, THEY GIVE YOU THAT LOOK THAT SAYS "YOU DESERVE TO DIE!" lipsrsealed

I EXPERIENCED IT WHENEVER AM IN ABUJA AND AM USING MY LANGUAGE TO COMMUNICATE WITH MY PEOPLE.

THEY LOVE IT WHEN YOU SPEAK HAUSA OR MAY BE ENGLISH - NOT LIKE THEY LIKE THE ENGLISH BUT THEY FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE WITH IT THAN YOUR LANGUAGE. angry
Nwanne, chelu
You mean to say when you are in Abuja and you converse in your dialect, you hide your head under your baban Riga for fear of being mobbed or bombed?
That's funny, very

I spent over a year in one of the nothern states and during my stay there, I had no cause to fret when speaking my native language. I spoke my native language everywhere I went to, I also heard people speak their mother tongue in churches, malls, hospitals, offices, market and car parks . Some of my hausa friends begged me to teach them my language, I did and they in turn taught me hausa..............................
Maybe it's the part of Abuja where you went to but where I lived, no one looked at me in a funny way when I spoke my native language either on phone or to my folks. I only spoke english in the office

1 Like

Re: Why Is Their A Decline In The Use Of Other Languages In The North? by scholes0(m): 8:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
nwaanambra1:

What part of the North?

(1) (Reply)

STRANGE: Evil Hawk Robs Market Woman In Benue Community / High-ways Out Of Poverty And Lack / Tokunbo Toyota Rav4 2003 Lagos Cleared N1.8m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.