Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike (20166 Views)

Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan / Dogara Needs To Go Back To Law School Because Budget Padding Is Corruption / Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by themilanway(m): 8:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
Please where and when did Wike declared his assets?And as what capacity?

GEJ ass lickers are even patting him on the back. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

What a country!!!!

1 Like

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by mosky001(m): 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
Talking about declaring assets, I think everyone should see this website - www.declareyourassets.com
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Mishydoo(m): 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
Comen do it openly jor!!!...Is dat how u were taught? grin

1 Like

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by anonimi: 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Wike dare not make his asset declaration public. Dangote will be like shocked

Is that what the LAW requires?

Did he make a campaign promise for that?
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by solonazzy: 8:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Why are you convulsing here...It's very simple, Buhari promised to make his assets public... so what is there in holding him to his word?...Don't you think you're the sick one here?
Yea he said he wuld, I Dnt remember him giving tym frame wen he wuld... Bt u ppl wailed n wailed

1 Like

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2015
MizMyColi:
Way to go Mr Wike.
Well done.
see your life? When PMB declared his, you called for his head that he should make it public...now it is a public case; Can you say that for wike??
Hypocrite....

4 Likes

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2015
hmmm.... Wike
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by gebest: 8:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
Wike d thief

1 Like

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by focus7: 8:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
I know that PDP governors giving their evil agenda to embezzle their states funds will not comply with the directive to make a public declaration. PDP is a party with sole intent to milk the public fund dry though corruption. Can you imagine they are advocating that people should emphasised asset declaring with the reasons that some will over declare with the purpose of embezzling money and while other with will under declare. I guess PDP still have the notion they can still deceive the general public, they must be living under the illusion that Nigerians don't have the idea that every declarations will go through thorough investigation. I am sure someone like Wike cannot withstand his asset being scrutinised, he's afraid his corruption did as a minister will come to the open.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by jwils(m): 8:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
Buzzj17:
does he have to make that promise before he publicly declared his assets?
He has done according to constitution provision, declaring it publicly is optional
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Wizlove(m): 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
dridowu:
Hypocrite set of people, when Buhari declare it with CCB , they call for his head, Buhari made it public, they claim it was more than that as if they were their when Buhari was acquiring it. They have forgotten that an Ex Presi "did not give a damn" about asset declaration. Any elected officials that has no skeleton in his/her cupboard would declare it without fear.
GOD BLESS PMB
The difference bw pmb and wike is that pmb made it a campaign promise while wike did not.
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by oluwafemi113(m): 8:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
Wike

Is

A

Four

One

Nine

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
midolian:
RIVERS State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, said on Wednesday that he had declared his assets to the relevant authority according to the law.

Wike explained that he had by his action, fulfilled the country’s constitutional requirement, adding that declaring his assets publicly was not part of the dictates of the law.

The governor, who spoke through his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Sir Opunabo Inko-Tariah, pointed out that it was necessary for people to de-emphasise asset declaration, but the sincerity behind such exercise.

He stated that some public office holders could over-declare their assets to pave the way for them to steal public funds in future while others, who had held public offices in the past, might under-declare their personal belongings in order to give the impression that they were never involved in corrupt practices while in office.

Wike explained that the most important thing for public office holders was to deliver the dividends of democracy, adding that his main interest was to develop the state and the people.

“The governor has declared his assets and this is exactly what he told newsmen during the tour of his administration’s projects. There is no law compelling him to make his declaration public. He has declared his assets and the declaration was made to the relevant authority.

“Let me also say that it is not just about asset declaration; it has to do with the sincerity of the person because some may over-declare when they want to steal in future. So, they declare to accommodate the theft in future.

“Some may also declare for whatever reason; maybe they have held public offices in the past and they don’t want people to know that they have stolen money. So, people will declare; it is not all about the declaration of assets.

“What is crucial is the sincerity of the person declaring and you are supposed to declare when you get out of office. But the truth is that if you are a governor or a minister, what matters is the delivery of the dividends of democracy. That is what is important and it is not about what you declare and how much you declare,” Wike added.

On the claim by the All Progressives Congress in the state that most of the projects completed by his administration were started by the immediate past governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, he said it was wrong for anybody to personalise governance.

According to the governor, projects that will impact on the lives of the people should not be abandoned by any successor.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ive-declared-my-assets-according-to-law-wike/

definitely this country called Nigeria is a waste of time. Rivers states indegens are brainwashed by Wike syndrome and i weep for this thing called "Nigeria".

1 Like

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by omenka(m): 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
News: PDP challenges Buhari to declare his assets as he promised during the electioneering campaigns.

Buhari: I have abc, def, ijk at xyz... Etc.

Verdict: Assets declared publicly- promise kept.

Wailers: He is lying!! Who does he think he's deceiving- his cows from Daura??!!!

Fayose: I know where Buhari hides all his money but I won't tell Nigerians.

News: Ekiti APC challenges Fayose to publicly declare his assets.

Fayose: I won't declare mud houses and cows as my assets. I was rich even before I became a governor.

Verdict: Asset not declared.

Wailers: Nice one from the "people loving governor.

News: Rivers APC challenges Wike to publicly declare his assets.

Wike: I have declared my assets "according to law". It is not mandatory to make a public declaration. Besides, all that matters is the fulfilment of electoral pledges and not disclosure of assets.

Verdict: Assets not declared.

Wailers: Nice one from Wike. Continue your good works for the people of Rivers.

#PoliticsByPDP.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by akwaowoudo(m): 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
RIVERS State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, said on Wednesday that he had declared his assets to the relevant authority according to the law.

Wike explained that he had by his action, fulfilled the country’s constitutional requirement, adding that declaring his assets publicly was not part of the dictates of the law.

The governor, who spoke through his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Sir Opunabo Inko-Tariah, pointed out that it was necessary for people to de-emphasise asset declaration, but the sincerity behind such exercise.

He stated that some public office holders could over-declare their assets to pave the way for them to steal public funds in future while others, who had held public offices in the past, might under-declare their personal belongings in order to give the impression that they were never involved in corrupt practices while in office.

Wike explained that the most important thing for public office holders was to deliver the dividends of democracy, adding that his main interest was to develop the state and the people.

“The governor has declared his assets and this is exactly what he told newsmen during the tour of his administration’s projects. There is no law compelling him to make his declaration public. He has declared his assets and the declaration was made to the relevant authority.

“Let me also say that it is not just about asset declaration; it has to do with the sincerity of the person because some may over-declare when they want to steal in future. So, they declare to accommodate the theft in future.

“Some may also declare for whatever reason; maybe they have held public offices in the past and they don’t want people to know that they have stolen money. So, people will declare; it is not all about the declaration of assets.

“What is crucial is the sincerity of the person declaring and you are supposed to declare when you get out of office. But the truth is that if you are a governor or a minister, what matters is the delivery of the dividends of democracy. That is what is important and it is not about what you declare and how much you declare,” Wike added.

On the claim by the All Progressives Congress in the state that most of the projects completed by his administration were started by the immediate past governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, he said it was wrong for anybody to personalise governance.

According to the governor, projects that will impact on the lives of the people should not be abandoned by any successor.
Wike has particles of sand in his brain. If a contracted firm fails to deliver a task within a stipulated time and the tenure of the one who entrusted the firm with the contract elapse, does it mean the incoming government cannot enforce the continuity of the project as contained in the handover notes? Wike should keep quiet and reap relevance from where he did not sow.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
Good one my amiable governor but make sure you take your declaration form back when tribunal unseats u. It will be useless for CCB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by menesheh(m): 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

cheesygrin You can be a year old or 1year old but not 1yearS ...thanks and goodnight bro...

cheesy cheesy

take it easy. error

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by akwaowoudo(m): 8:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
Wike has particles of sand in his brain. If a contracted firm fails to deliver a task within a stipulated time and the tenure of the one who entrusted the firm with the contract elapse, does it mean the incoming government cannot enforce the continuity of the project as contained in the handover notes? Wike should keep quiet and reap relevance from where he did not sow.

After all, PDP is a failed cult. Reason: Akpabio
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

1 Like

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by peedeeasobie(m): 8:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
midolian:
what else do you want MizMyColi? When it was yet to be made public, you cried until it was made public. Now it is made public, you are still wailing.

Wike submitted his form to the bureau just as buhari initially did when you hastily criticized him, but all you have to say about wike now is "Well done"..even when its clear to all that this man isn't going to make his public..you people sef! SMH cheesy

You area being untruthful.
PMB promised a public declaration of his assets but Wike didn't make such promise!

What Shehu did is not a public declaration! Its insincerity!
What are the costs of the properties?
What are the costs of the units of shares?

what do they mean by "less than 30 million in the account"?
No specifics!
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by akwaowoudo(m): 8:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
It is well!

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by jullary(m): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Why are you convulsing here...It's very simple, Buhari promised to make his assets public... so what is there in holding him to his word?...Don't you think you're the sick one here?
pls ask God for brain u seriously need it.
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by focus7: 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
chymystique:

Interesting and I concour with his comments above.. So when will the documents of the declared assets be made public?? Na so PMB said he declared his assets since 1999 but till date its yet to be made to the public....
dull brain, no one can give fake declaring without being found out, every declaration is investigated. Why don't you border yourself with your hero that said openly he did not give a damn of what anybody say about him not declaring his assets. Why won't you even celebrate corrupt people since you are also an offspring of corruption.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by dammytosh: 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
Armed robber

Like his God father, he does not give a damn !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Lomanuz(m): 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
chimoskyg:
Hope he did not include the bailout as his own fund

FTC
grin funny you
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by akwaowoudo(m): 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2015

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by margclever: 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

cheesygrin You can be a year old or 1year old but not 1yearS ...thanks and goodnight bro...
and 2 imagine that his moniker bears dr.idowu , maybe he is a herbal doctor cos if he is a medical doc, he will surely forget his nokia 3310 in ur stomach after surgery
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by mcpizaro: 9:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
chimoskyg:
Hope he did not include the bailout as his own fund

FTC
I wonder ooo
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
Buzzj17:
Wike's Assests: his residence in PHC, Shopping mall in Abuja,housing estate in Asokoro Abuja and another hotel in PHc GRA.
i no the first building very well,that was where he was staying before i left ph near the government house.bros u get fact ooooo,i greet u

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by GOATandYAMtheory: 9:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
anonimi:

Is that what the LAW requires?

Did he make a campaign promise for that?
just saying. I never said he must make it public.
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by uboma(m): 10:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Nice one Wike. Continue doing good for the people of Rivers.

He did not declear his assets publicly. Is this what you term as *nice?*.

He will be forced to make his assets public very soon...

1 Like

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
Now I believe what my Northern colleague told me about these wailiers,that even if you cut PMB's head and give it to them,they will never stop hating on him. This is exactly what PMB did and they were all complaining to make it public. Now he has done so, they are still not satisfy So my question is, What exactly did they want from this man GOD, these are most useless set of beings have ever encounter in my life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki, Tambuwal, Others Defection Unconstitutional - Falana / Boko Haram Captures Marte LGA In Borno State / Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.