Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Floyd Mayweather To Retire After Last Match With Berto. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather To Retire After Last Match With Berto. (618 Views)

Bukola Saraki Visits Super Eagles Ahead Of Friendly Match With England / See What Torres Received As Prize After Friendly Match With Super Eagles. / Kanu Nwankwo & Amarachi Watch Arsenal Last Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Floyd Mayweather To Retire After Last Match With Berto. by shomutuski(m): 1:36am On Sep 10, 2015
If you are seeking confirmation that Mayweather really will hang up the gloves late this Saturday night after the expected 49th win of his fighting life, here is the key.
He cherishes his world champion’s unbeaten record - which is about to equal that of the legendary Rocky Marciano - but he values his well-being even more highly.
Mayweather has sometimes been accused of hand-picking opponents less likely to spoil his beautiful career but as he prepares to bow out against Andre Berto - nickname The Beast but here the under-dog - he says: ‘I’m not so worried about losing but I don’t want to have a shot mind.
‘My health is more important.
The first time Floyd Mayweather was asked if he had made enough money to retire he replied: ‘Bill Gates is still working.’
That was a couple of years ago.
Put the same question to Mr Money on the eve of his last fight and the only sportsman who has come remotely close to equalling the fortune amassed by Mr Microsoft answers: ‘Bill Gates’ job ain’t like mine.
Floyd Mayweather may be Mr Money but is choosing his health over rivalling Bill Gates' riches when he retires after Andre Berto bout, claiming 'I won’t miss anything'
*. Floyd Mayweathersays he values his health higher than his world titles
*.He said he could make more money, but wants 'to be able to talk and walk'
*.His legacy is 'not getting hit too much' and wants to bow out at the top
*.The 48-0 champion claims his fight against Andre Berto is his last ever
*.He faces Berto on Saturday at Las Vega's MGM Grand Garden Arena
*.Mayweather is pleased to Berto is confident: 'We want a good fight'
*.His life after boxing will include a quest to find the next Mayweather
Re: Floyd Mayweather To Retire After Last Match With Berto. by youngsahito(m): 1:44am On Sep 10, 2015
Money bag nigga
Re: Floyd Mayweather To Retire After Last Match With Berto. by Nobody: 4:08am On Sep 10, 2015
Let's hope the whiteman doesn't find sneaky ways to bring him out of retirement.

After entertaining us for two decades, spending his whole life married to the sport and bringing recognition to the middleweight division it is right for him to retire whenever he wants.

(1) (Reply)

Eden Hazard First Goal Of The Season Changed To Calum Chambers Own Goal / Photos: Drone Intercepts International Football Match / Why Mourihno Is Killing Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.