Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,286 members, 7,780,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:40 PM

"Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! (27694 Views)

Men Please Stop The Women Over 30 Sexism / 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists / Controversial Yet Powerful Photo Series Captures The Brutal Sexism Against Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Kay17: 7:44am On Oct 12, 2015
Business should likewise include buying and selling of services -- labour -- legal services, banking, insurance.

1 Like

Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 12, 2015
Kay17:

You believe she was rightly judged for her looks, right?

If so, EnlightenedSoul is trying to argue that this is a prejudice against the LinkedIn lady because her actual professional quality is being IGNORED in a professional environment. LinkedIn is as much an office as any other office.

Try to look at the worst scenario that prejudice can produce. Physically unattractive women will have a hard time getting employed or progressing up the professional ladder all because of their looks. Which is unfair to anybody.

Kay17, you'll just end up discussing the court life of famous 17th century French courtesans, and/or being asked to post dictionary definitions from the spelling list of elementary school third-graders, words like "business-oriented". Best of luck, though.

1 Like

Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 12, 2015
Sakes:

angry angry
angry

Alright, disclose. I'm curious to know the brand of psycho-therapeutic drug you're on.
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Sakes: 8:47am On Oct 12, 2015
Kay17:

If so, EnlightenedSoul is trying to argue that this is a prejudice against the LinkedIn lady because her actual professional quality is being IGNORED in a professional environment. LinkedIn is as much an office as any other office.

Try to look at the worst scenario that prejudice can produce. Physically unattractive women will have a hard time getting employed or progressing up the professional ladder all because of their looks. Which is unfair to anybody.

Well, its more complicated than you think....& the only thing that complicates it is the HUMAN MIND...

UNDERSTANDING IS EVERY THING!!!
HER LOOks recommended her for judgement!!!!
She should be happy for that!!!!
The supposedly Ugly Lady of which you speak has very little to recommend her SKILL
It is as much so for WOMEN as MEN...

MAN is a perceptive animal... The first impression is almost always the physical!!!!

You forgot there are people who earn simply for BODILY dispaly & that you enter WALMART mainly for there PACKAGING!!! You can make their recipe at home!!!
The woman has the RiGHT to interpret her personality the way she prefer, even if it defeats purpose as much as the MAN has the right to VOICE his impression..... So its arguable both ways!!!! The problem normally is where the action of each greatly tarnishes the other & I think they almost both achieved it...though the WOMAN initiated the Consciousness & then TARNISHED herselp!!!!!

POINT
YOU can't change much by SIMPLY talking about it!!!!
The more YOU voice your Frustration, the more Demeaned....you become

You make a SUPERIOR of one from whom you seek RECOGNITION...

FEMINISM is the WEAKNESS!!!!

At, TIMES.... WHAT YOU CONDEMN, is actually Your POWER, your FORTE...
NOT knowing how to use it is your IGNORANCE....

THANK ME LATER...
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Kay17: 9:15am On Oct 12, 2015
Sakes:

Well, its more complicated than you think....& the only thing that complicates it is the HUMAN MIND...

UNDERSTANDING IS EVERY THING!!!
HER LOOks recommended her for judgement!!!!
She should be happy for that!!!!
The supposedly Ugly Lady of which you speak has very little to recommend her SKILL
It is as much so for WOMEN as MEN...

MAN is a perceptive animal... The first impression is almost always the physical!!!!

You forgot there are people who earn simply for BODILY dispaly & that you enter WALMART mainly for there PACKAGING!!! You can make their recipe at home!!!
The woman has the RiGHT to interpret her personality the way she prefer, even if it defeats purpose as much as the MAN has the right to VOICE his impression..... So its arguable both ways!!!! The problem normally is where the action of each greatly tarnishes the other & I think they almost both achieved it...though the WOMAN initiated the Consciousness & then TARNISHED herselp!!!!!

POINT
YOU can't change much by SIMPLY talking about it!!!!
The more YOU voice your Frustration, the more Demeaned....you become

You make a SUPERIOR of one from whom you seek RECOGNITION...

FEMINISM is the WEAKNESS!!!!

At, TIMES.... WHAT YOU CONDEMN, is actually Your POWER, your FORTE...
NOT knowing how to use it is your IGNORANCE....

THANK ME LATER...

At least you agreed the man was prejudicial towards the woman and further justified it.

Isnt Prejudice a form of injustice? A prejudice against sex, against race; all are forms of injustice. Can any injustice be justified?
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Sagamite(m): 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
Kay17:
@Sagamite

When do the "hits" a woman receives on LinkedIn become too much or excessive?

I have given loads of opinions on this thread. Can I ask you to first give your own opinion by answering your own question before I give my opinion?
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Sagamite(m): 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
Kay17:

How is LinkedIn an office?
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Sagamite(m): 1:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Kay17, you'll just end up discussing the court life of famous 17th century French courtesans, and/or being asked to post dictionary definitions from the spelling list of elementary school third-graders, words like "business-oriented". Best of luck, though.

When you reason and think clearly before proffering an opinion, then defending it would be piss easy. Not something to moan about when questioned about your opinion.

Kay17 just said LinkedIn is like an office. Now watch how he would struggle to defend that point.

1 Like

Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Sagamite(m): 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
Kay17:

At least you agreed the man was prejudicial towards the woman and further justified it.

Isnt Prejudice a form of injustice? A prejudice against sex, against race; all are forms of injustice. Can any injustice be justified?

Explain to me how he was prejudicial towards her.
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Kay17: 1:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
Sagamite:

I have given loads of opinions on this thread. Can I ask you to first give your own opinion by answering your own question before I give my opinion?

My position is give onto Caesar what belongs to Caesar. The setting dictates the type of relationship that can be created. A formal setting its hardly the place for informal relationships and their informal embarrassment. You would not be eyeing a job interviewer during your job interview, it is disrespectful.

Another factor is authority. Professional relationships are regulated by authority. An employer must maintain his authority over his employee and the employee must accede to it. Playfulness compromises authority.

Subtract the physical location from office you will see what i mean.
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Kay17: 1:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
Sagamite:

Explain to me how he was prejudicial towards her.

Sakes explained that in his epistle.
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Sagamite(m): 1:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
Kay17:

Sakes explained that in his epistle.

So you are declaring now that Sakes' explanation is 100% how you will explain he was being "prejudicial"?
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Sagamite(m): 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
Kay17:

My position is give onto Caesar what belongs to Caesar. The setting dictates the type of relationship that can be created. A formal setting its hardly the place for informal relationships and their informal embarrassment. You would not be eyeing a job interviewer during your job interview, it is disrespectful.

Another factor is authority. Professional relationships are regulated by authority. An employer must maintain his authority over his employee and the employee must accede to it. Playfulness compromises authority.

Subtract the physical location from office you will see what i mean.

What is your understanding/definition of the type of relationship the LinkedIn setting dictates?

I don't get your job interview interlocution. Are you saying a job interview was taking place?

Overall this is utter tosh in regards to answering my question.

Can you try again and not request me to deduce the answer from your jabber?

Lets try again:

1 Like

Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Kay17: 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2015
Sagamite:

What is your understanding/definition of the type of relationship the LinkedIn setting dictates?

I don't get your job interview interlocution. Are you saying a job interview was taking place?

Overall this is utter tosh in regards to answering my question.

Can you try again and not request me to deduce the answer from your jabber?

Lets try again:

You fail to see the connection I'm making. As far as I have established LinkedIn is a formal setting, it demands only formal relationships. The job interview is an example to elaborate my formal setting argument.

Aside from its physical location, an office is string of formal relationships.
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Sagamite(m): 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2015
Kay17:

You fail to see the connection I'm making. As far as I have established LinkedIn is a formal setting, it demands only formal relationships. The job interview is an example to elaborate my formal setting argument.

Aside from its physical location, an office is string of formal relationships.

Okay. For the sake of arguments, let me agree with you.

So now your point is that informal relationships/interactions/behaviours are not allowed in the formal setting?

And your "prejudice" argument?

1 Like

Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Sakes: 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2015
Kay17:

What do you suppose PREJUDICE implies??
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Sakes: 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2015
Kay17:

How can that be?

What is your understanding of PREJUDICE
What in the name of Admiration is Prejudicial?

SOME Women are exceedingly INSECURE?
That's the Problem!!!
You see while I stated that this ISSUE can be contested either way; we are not all Lacking in Judgement....

You see, I did not CONDEMN the WOMAN for her response simply because she reserve the right to understand issues anyway she deemed fit, in so far she accepts the consequence as a BALANCEd UTILITY!!!! even when it defeated PURPOSE.....her very Purpose of being there!!!!
Its Pathetic!!!! After all, it was her Personality Projection she supposed she was defending.... But, she lost it there...when she reacted to APPROACH like a JUDGEMENT!!!! There's a difference between APPROACH & INTERPRETATION... It's not what was said to her that really was a problem, it was how she reacted to it!!!! She made a mountain of an ANTHILL!!!!
You can put up a Packaged brand for Sales.... But, you can't really determine how people approach to demand for it!!!! Your Purpose should be SALES!!!
If eventually a potential CUSTOMER says:
This battered product is what?
Should you lose your head for it??
Its INSECURITY....
WITH ALL HER Professional Skills, she Lacked one thing: HUMAN RELATION....

IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW:
Competition has made formal ORGANISATION an OUTBASE for Strict FORMAL RELATIONs.... Just to make the workPLACE efficient & HOMELY...
To think in SUCH FORMAL, STRICT, ROBOTIC sense for an organization in this AGE is damn ANALOGUE!!!! I was really SURPRISED when EnlightenedSoul raised it....aside other possibilities....but I dismissed that as mere argumentative appeal!!!!

ASK GOOGLE & MICROSOFT....
Don't argue that way again!!!!!!!
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Kay17: 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2015
Sagamite:

Okay. For the sake of arguments, let me agree with you.

So now your point is that informal relationships/interactions/behaviours are not allowed in the formal setting?

And your "prejudice" argument?

My prejudice argument follows after Sakes' epistle justifying judgements made towards professional women based on their looks.
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Kay17: 5:13pm On Oct 12, 2015
Sakes:

How can that be?

What is your understanding of PREJUDICE
What in the name of Admiration is Prejudicial?

SOME Women are exceedingly INSECURE?
That's the Problem!!!
You see while I stated that this ISSUE can be contested either way; we are not all Lacking in Judgement....

You see, I did not CONDEMN the WOMAN for her response simply because she reserve the right to understand issues anyway she deemed fit, in so far she accepts the consequence as a BALANCEd UTILITY!!!! even when it defeated PURPOSE.....her very Purpose of being there!!!!
Its Pathetic!!!! After all, it was her Personality Projection she supposed she was defending.... But, she lost it there...when she reacted to APPROACH like a JUDGEMENT!!!! There's a difference between APPROACH & INTERPRETATION... It's not what was said to her that really was a problem, it was how she reacted to it!!!! She made a mountain of an ANTHILL!!!!
You can put up a Packaged brand for Sales.... But, you can't really determine how people approach to demand for it!!!! Your Purpose should be SALES!!!
If eventually a potential CUSTOMER says:
This battered product is what?
Should you lose your head for it??
Its INSECURITY....
WITH ALL HER Professional Skills, she Lacked one thing: HUMAN RELATION....

IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW:
Competition has made formal ORGANISATION an OUTBASE for Strict FORMAL RELATIONs.... Just to make the workPLACE efficient & HOMELY...
To think in SUCH FORMAL, STRICT, ROBOTIC sense for an organization in this AGE is damn ANALOGUE!!!! I was really SURPRISED when EnlightenedSoul raised it....aside other possibilities....but I dismissed that as mere argumentative appeal!!!!

ASK GOOGLE & MICROSOFT....
Don't argue that way again!!!!!!!

But the ugly woman is prejudiced on her looks over her professional quality, isn't she?

1 Like

Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Sagamite(m): 7:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
Kay17:

My prejudice argument follows after Sakes' epistle justifying judgements made towards professional women based on their looks.

Now you are sounding more ambigious to me.

Are you saying:

a) You agree wholeheartedly and completely with what Sakes' said about prejudice and that is exactly your argument too.

OR

b) You have some different argument from Sakes' which you gave after his "epistle"?

1 Like

Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Sakes: 9:57pm On Oct 12, 2015
Kay17:

But the ugly woman is prejudiced on her looks over her professional quality, isn't she?

Unless of COURSE, you don't go for an attractive Apparel when you step into a BOUTIQUE, I think I will clearly answer THAT....

You see.... We're dealing with TRUTH not FALLACY here.... You will go for a ROSE FLOWER than a CACTUS PLANT at first sight even though the latter is evidently more beneficial!!!! Its NATURAL, The physical beam of LIGHT, the attractiveness....
It is not called PREJUDICE, Its called PREFERENCE..

The point is that NATURE compensates this in Consequence.... Your Choice of Sensual Appeal over ESSENCE!!!! is your CONSEQUENCE....
However, men who knows what they need will always go for SUBSTANCE....
Do you blame GOD for creating a DOVE & a VULTURE?
That's the ANALOGY for your UGLY Woman supposition.....
The first APPROACH may almost always be based on physical APPEAL, but the INTERPRETATION overtime determines the JUDGEMENT

So your supposed UGLY Woman always wins in the LONG RUN!!!!
JUST AS THE CASE IN VIEW PROVES.....

The Young LADY'S PHYSICAL APPEAL earned her a FIRST APPROACH, But her lack of TACT disposed of it....perhaps for the WISE UGLY....WHo KNOWS!!!!
If she had the double advantage "BEAUTY & BRAIN" She just did not prove it......in that confrontation...
These are the sort of things we do in JOB interviews!!!
Any body who has the TWO has double ADVANTAGE!!!!

NOW don't tell me you don't UNDERSTAND!!!!
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Sakes: 10:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
Kay17:

You see, if I merely wanted to make my stance here Argumentative, I would want to ask what you meant by:
SOMEONE BEING PREJUDICED ON hER LOOKS OVER HER SKILLS....BECAUSE ITS A LEVEL UP MISCONCEPTION, & MISAPPLICATION OF TERMs

It questions your understanding OF PREJUDICE...
IT'S like stating NOTHING against Nothing, a muddled up response....

But, I cared to know our pursuit of TRUTH is GENUINE, so that in TIME, We"ll be sure OURs was a gainful aTIME!!!!

THAT'S why I cherished the CLARIFICATION OF POINTs over the Argumentation of POINTs!!!!

Be WELL!!!!
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by mikolo80: 5:12am On Oct 13, 2015
ilobasama:
Well those are feminists for you. They attack you for any comment and action you take and turn it into a gender based war.

So she could not appreciate a simple complement, even if he had talked about something else outside her looks, she ll still find way to put it in her gender- bashed-i-am-the-victim books

She's a role model and mentor to many of our feminists females here on NL
the lonely and bitter ones ba, no mind dem
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by mikolo80: 5:15am On Oct 13, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

How would you feel if, in your professional sphere, you were constantly being assessed by your physical appearance and so-called beauty rather than all your accomplishments, almost in spite of your accomplishments? Why should my boss or colleagues comment on something as irrelevant as my appearance at every turn? Why should a LinkedIn profile created specifically to showcase professional experience and qualifications be used as a medium to hit on women? Is this Facebook?? She took a stab at responding to irritating af behavior I try my best to ignore, and not let bother me on any given day. And I'd bet $1000 it wasn't the only comment of its kind she'd gotten that day, hence the outburst.

He neither afforded her any opportunities nor gave her any cogent offers in the idio.tic e-mail he actually took the time to write, but to offer her his "vote" on being the 'Most Stunning LinkedIn Profile Picture' as if it were a thing of value to line her pockets with. Lol, screw him. Reading that, I share in her annoyance.
it simply means your 'achievements ' are perfunctory or you fine pass your achievements. guys don't bitchh when their fineness gets them ahead. feminists complain about everything
why they are lonely and bitter
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by mikolo80: 5:19am On Oct 13, 2015
macof:

I understand that was not the medium for complementing Photos but. ..Appearance is irrelevant? shocked

If you work diligently and accomplish things why won't people recognize that?
then she shouldn't put her picture
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Nobody: 5:22am On Oct 13, 2015
Sagamite:

When you reason and think clearly before proffering an opinion, then defending it would be piss easy. Not something to moan about when questioned about your opinion.

Kay17 just said LinkedIn is like an office. Now watch how he would struggle to defend that point.

There are no "opinions" in the dictionary, you goddamned @ssbackward lazy fvck. If anyone ever was taking you seriously, being so intellectually lazy as to ask for third-grade definitions - that even if understanding fails you, are easily available to you through the click of a button, or bus ride to effing Oxford for all I know - and then trying to battle out the meaning of the term, would've rectified that lapse in judgement with a quickness. And why do you folks consistently ask for definitions all the time, anyway?

Don't even respond. I dare not get into it with you. It'd be nice if you'd make sense on this, but all you do is irritate.

2 Likes

Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Nobody: 5:22am On Oct 13, 2015
mikolo80:
it simply means your 'achievements ' are perfunctory or you fine pass your achievements. guys don't bitchh when their fineness gets them ahead. feminists complain about everything
why they are lonely and bitter

[s]Fvck off, you uncomprehending piece of scat. [/s]

Edit: As you may have noticed, you quoted me at the wrong possible time and ended up collateral! I apologize for that, but buzz off still. You can't comprehend, and that's not my problem.
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Kay17: 7:08am On Oct 13, 2015
Sakes:

You see, if I merely wanted to make my stance here Argumentative, I would want to ask what you meant by:
SOMEONE BEING PREJUDICED ON hER LOOKS OVER HER SKILLS....BECAUSE ITS A LEVEL UP MISCONCEPTION, & MISAPPLICATION OF TERMs

It questions your understanding OF PREJUDICE...
IT'S like stating NOTHING against Nothing, a muddled up response....

But, I cared to know our pursuit of TRUTH is GENUINE, so that in TIME, We"ll be sure OURs was a gainful aTIME!!!!

THAT'S why I cherished the CLARIFICATION OF POINTs over the Argumentation of POINTs!!!!

Be WELL!!!!

Are you expecting me to define prejudice to you?? In our prior conversations you didn't have a problem with it. You seem to have perfectly understood what I meant. I will explain myself with an example.

An ugly albeit industrious and intelligent woman walks in for an interview but the potential employer looks out for her absent physical beauty - the package as you put it - and declines looking at her resume or any evidence of competence just because she is a woman, is prejudice.
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Sakes: 7:44am On Oct 13, 2015
Kay17:

Are you expecting me to define prejudice to you?? In our prior conversations you didn't have a problem with it. You seem to have perfectly understood what I meant. I will explain myself with an example.

An ugly albeit industrious and intelligent woman walks in for an interview but the potential employer looks out for her absent physical beauty - the package as you put it - and declines looking at her resume or any evidence of competence just because she is a woman, is prejudice.

This Muddled up story clearly cannot feature as an ANALOGY in this DISCOURSE....
REASON being that:
Your Picturesque explication is drooling in PROBABILITIES...

The intervieWER knows better WHAT he requires for the JOB. He might as much want the LOOKS as the SKILL....
Its not anybody's business to determine his PREFERENCE!!!!

And by the way, while the POSSIBILITY of such Occurrence is not overRULED, it really does not FEATURE in this CONTEXT!!!! Not at all!!!!!

If you understand the REALITY of BUSSINESS ORGANISATION, you won't ASK such QUESTIONS!!!!

What the heck? undecided
Are you saying a DIRTY PERSON, DRESSED IN PUTRID RAGs for an INTERVIEW ( Though that does not Apply here) will be sent out if so on PREJUDICE? Or PREFERNCE

By the way the interviewer has the right to do what he wants.... He knows what he wants!!!!
Practically speaking I've never seen such scenery in interviews WHAT DO YOU MEAN UGLY??..
Whoever is? You just Argue.......I see....

Before you comment again on this, I will rather you answer THIS:

What is PREJUDICE, PREFERENCE?

THE DIFFERNCE BETWEEN PREJUDICE & PREFERNCE?
How the hell does it APPLY to the SAME PERSON in the case above??
Am out of here!!!!!
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by Lecturebidz(m): 8:24am On Oct 13, 2015
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy grin grin
Re: "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! by AtheistD(m): 9:12am On Oct 13, 2015
She has also commented on other peoples profiles with sexual expressions.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/09/11/the-guilty-secrets-of-man-hating-feminazi-charlotte-proudman/

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Imagine This April Fool Proposal. Hilarious!! / Married Men And Their Wooing Palaver / Nairaland Sisters, Share Your Completely Natural Pics (if You Can)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.