Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,014 members, 7,799,462 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts (37295 Views)

Masturbation: I Think I Have PE And ED, I'm Just 20 / ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Onyi42(m): 8:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
Geneva – The WHO has advised all male survivors of Ebola to be tested three months after the onset of symptoms and then monthly until they know they have no risk of passing on the virus through their semen.

Bruce Aylward, Head of the WHO’s Ebola Response, said on Thursday in Geneva that isolated flare-ups of Ebola may point to a higher risk of transmission via the semen of male survivors than previously thought.

“It’s not the sex that is dangerous; it’s the semen that is dangerous. How people actually get exposed, in soiled linens or whatever, is not clear.
“Transmission through semen may explain why a few cases continue to occur even though the outbreak has been almost completely eradicated by an intense international effort, recently bolstered by the deployment of a trial vaccine in Guinea and Sierra Leone,’’ he said.
Aylward said the latest flare-up, in a village on the northern border of Sierra Leone, followed the death of a 67-year-old woman late last month, 50 days after the previous confirmed case in the region.

He said transmission chains are considered to have been broken after 42 days with no new infections.

However, Aylward said that sexual transmission was “obviously not a huge risk, because if it were we would have seen a lot more in the areas that were hardest hit at the beginning of this outbreak.”

He said this could undermine the hope of ending the outbreak in West Africa by 2015.

A clinician said on condition of anonymity, that a forthcoming study in the New England Journal of Medicine, based on around 200 survivors, found that around half still had traces of the virus in their semen after six months.
“The old advice of three months is no longer good.

“The number of people with persistent virus in their semen is much greater than expected,” clinician said.
The clinician added that the risk might not only be from sex but also from masturbation. (Reuters/NAN)
FHO/YAZ

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/sex-and-masturbation-may-hamper-ebola-eradication-efforts/
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by POWEROFPEACE(m): 9:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
We pray we don't experience it again. It was really a bad experience.

10 Likes

Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 11, 2015
WHO sef shocked

“It’s not the sex that is dangerous; it’s the Fluid that is dangerous. How people actually get exposed, in soiled linens or whatever, is not
clear". Anti-thesis cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 11, 2015
Good advice.

Note that WHO does not want people living in the endemic areas to have a bad time. Viral hemmorhagic fevers are spread by exchange of bodily fluids.....and even healthy people who have recovered can be carriers....and there are also people who are immune to the virus...who could spread it via sex to a non-immune person. This is good advice......going without for 3 months prevents a reactivation of the epidemic.

3 Likes

Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by BiggerBangs: 11:04am On Sep 11, 2015
grin

Make i better stop to dey do the do..so that this ebola go comot parta parta grin

[size=20pt]BiggerBangs[/size] Again
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by lekjons(m): 11:04am On Sep 11, 2015
just be asking for forgiveness everytime, while walking, playing...just anytime!.. even as u're reading dis post, mumble those words(God forgive me, i'm a sinner!)
the world is coming to and end!

it won't be nice to go from this 'hell'(Nigeria) to HELL!

11 Likes

Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by RealAlfranco: 11:05am On Sep 11, 2015
Well I'll say we're
f+cked,basically.

Stay Strong Fellow Vaseline Comrades, we'll find other methods of relief!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 11, 2015
angry
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by leshluap(m): 11:06am On Sep 11, 2015
No b how I take imagine the topic I see am....the title seems so deep, " see and masturbation.........."... but the content is shallow...............
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by tolustx(m): 11:06am On Sep 11, 2015
Lemme read d post maybe I will understand by then. I dey come abeg
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Berrylite: 11:07am On Sep 11, 2015
okk

1 Like

Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:07am On Sep 11, 2015
pls anywan don read am coz i no sure say i understand wetin i read at all

2 Likes

Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 11, 2015
No sex zone!!

2 Likes

Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 11, 2015
NONSENSE
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Ndkings1(m): 11:08am On Sep 11, 2015
Ok
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by sage2(m): 11:08am On Sep 11, 2015
God bless us.
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by adroitish: 11:09am On Sep 11, 2015
We all need to make sacrifices especially men in making some things work... if it's celibacy by some people for a year that would save the world from Ebola, let's encourage them to make the sacrifice.... after all if u die from ebola, no more sex or masturbation

2 Likes

Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Swash042(m): 11:09am On Sep 11, 2015
Hmm
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Spikkylee: 11:09am On Sep 11, 2015
Bad news for Wankers...

1 Like

Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by kevoh(m): 11:10am On Sep 11, 2015
undecided
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by fart: 11:10am On Sep 11, 2015
How does one even have the strength to have sex or masturbate while strickened with ebola or even within. 3 months of barely escaping death?

4 Likes

Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 11, 2015
hmmmm!
Need anything from Jumia? Contact me now!

1 Like

Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Franchise21(m): 11:10am On Sep 11, 2015
Hmm
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by kennyman2000(m): 11:10am On Sep 11, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by omusiliyu(m): 11:10am On Sep 11, 2015
bad news undecided
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 11, 2015
Masturbation? how

1 Like

Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by steve308(m): 11:11am On Sep 11, 2015
complicated post
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Lilcentt(f): 11:11am On Sep 11, 2015
Na dem sabi...Even if dey die,my own na say make e no catch me o
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by DonaldGenes(m): 11:13am On Sep 11, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmp
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Tex42(m): 11:13am On Sep 11, 2015
When u masturbate, don't ejaculate... WHO

1 Like

Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by AmakaDNBStories(f): 11:13am On Sep 11, 2015
shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SHOCKING PHOTOS: Girl Suffers Burns After Transformer Explodes At Epe,lagos / 27-Year-Old Ronald Who Has Never Had Erection Undergoes Surgery In Abuja(Photos) / Coronavirus: Chinese Nationals Ihedioha Hired Abscond From Project Sites In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.