Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN (12491 Views)

How Relevant Is CIBN Certification In Nigeria/globally / Job Loss In Banks:why Only Lower Level Staff / Age Falsification In Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by SweetSoup(m): 8:43am On Sep 11, 2015
nnafather:
Greedy bankers looking for cheap labour, enslaving innocent Nigerians because of the evil APC has done to the economy. No be them dey find cheap labour? If you treat them as strangers, they will be strangers. Chikina!
Common sense you no get

1 Like

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by menix(m): 8:45am On Sep 11, 2015
Y wont dey thief, wen dey ve no hope working 4 u.

Una neva chi chon chin.
Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by adedayourt(m): 8:50am On Sep 11, 2015
Y WNT DEY WEN U GUYS RUBBISHED WAT USED TO ENTAIL IN BANKS WER ITS EVERY UNDERGRAD DREAM TO WORK DER.

now 80% of staff strength is on casual (in d name of cutting cost) wer dey kno dey got no future wit regards to der career
UNA NEVA EVEN SEE FRAUD SEF, una jus strt

1 Like

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by sheunsheun(m): 9:04am On Sep 11, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by cymidas(m): 9:05am On Sep 11, 2015
I totally agree with them when you want to enslave people. No job security, no motivation, and you expect your staff not to defraud you. It is not only Indian firms that are enslaving us we are also enslaving ourselves. Wicked country called Nigeria were politician loot the country dry, we sell fake drugs to kill our selves, one section of the country continue to rule and yet they are the poorest. Younger people engage in defrauding other nationals through yahoo yahoo. You have a president that told us his poor just win election only for us to discover that he deceived the goliable Nigerians and that he has 5house that he refused to tell us it value, with a whooping 30million cash in the bank with millions of shares in different firms and more which we don't know abt. Everything about our existence is fake I pity for my generation.

1 Like

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by nuesmann(m): 9:05am On Sep 11, 2015
my brother,e tire me o,i have been in it for abt 3 years and nothing about staffing forthcoming and they expect you to work your ass out over peanut
free2ryhme:
you don't want to staff them yet with expect much from them after you give them peanut for even working long hours

1 Like

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by Godsonkemz(m): 9:09am On Sep 11, 2015
Banks need to checkmate their intakes especially the outsourced contract staff. I could remember what happened during my university days before the liquidation of intercontinental bank. 15000 was credited to my saving account but the unscrupulous banker removed a digit from the figure making it 1500. When i confronted the bank branch close to my location, i was told that it was likely credited by an IT or contract staff who are known for that. I now wonder how a bank could risk its reputation and integrity by relying on questionable characters for her services.
Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 11, 2015
nuesmann:
my brother,e tire me o,i have been in it for abt 3 years and nothing about staffing forthcoming and they expect you to work your ass out over peanut
Please kindly vote for me here https://mobile.twitter.com/runzlord/status/639602054546255872?p=v
The link to the voting page is in that status, cos I can't post the link directly on Nairaland.

It a a palm selfie contest by samsung.
Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by nuesmann(m): 9:11am On Sep 11, 2015
how many of cibn members are gainfully employed in these banks?

4 Likes

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 11, 2015
adisasegun:
Jamaican weeds at work, even if you are a bastard, it's a fault of APC, with only 100 days in office, what about the 16 useless years of PDP?
Lol.. e pain u sha... buh ur question is honest...
Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by wordcat(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2015
deadie:
What do you expect? That is what you get when staffs are not well motivated, have no job security and earn peanuts. BTW, FTC & TGIF.

A thief is a thief
A criminal is a criminal
A crime is a crime.

There is NO justification for crime.
We have many truck pushers in our society and they're ready to do that till death instead of taking what is not theirs.

Banks don't owe their workers. They paid at aand when due so if think the pay is too small then resign.

1 Like

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 11, 2015
Adesiji77:
http://leadership.ng/business/459857/casual-workers-responsible-for-fraud-in-banks-ndic-cibn lalasticlala
cheap labour dey run belle . Contract staff explained : pay contract holder N150K per staff - contract holder pay contract staff N40K - Managers share remaining loot with contract holder -your organization suffers from unmotivated staff with nothing to lose if they engage in fraud. No termination or retirement benefits, so they help themselves.
Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by sleekysol(m): 9:14am On Sep 11, 2015
kennyman2000:
Hmmmm.. There's a point in what the man said.. If u burnt ur night candles for all those banking professional exams like CIBN,ICANS and other exams that makes you certified..

U wouldnt want to get urself involved in something that'll get ur certificate forfeited when you're caught but all those ond holders casual staffs can do whatever they like..

I think, its high time they're flushed out of the system. Though, frauds wont get eliminated totally from the system when they're flushed out but frauds will minimize.. My 2 cents.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband.

Unfortunately you have said the most stupid thing i have ever heard in all my life. the so called NDIC is a sham in the first place, outsourced staff has kept the banking system ticking and alive. majority of fraud committed in banks are done by so called full staff and managements of these banks. young man if u don't know what to say please keep your mouth perfectly mute and don't speak bull dung.

5 Likes

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by sleekysol(m): 9:23am On Sep 11, 2015
wordcat:

A thief is a thief
A criminal is a criminal
A crime is a crime.

There is NO justification for crime.
We have many truck pushers in our society and they're ready to do that till death instead of taking what is not theirs.

Banks don't owe their workers. They paid at aand when due so if think the pay is too small then resign.

shaking my head for you
Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by wordcat(m): 9:28am On Sep 11, 2015
sleekysol:

shaking my head for you
Pls know how u shake your head because Paracetamol is costly this days.

1 Like

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by wordcat(m): 9:28am On Sep 11, 2015
sleekysol:

shaking my head for you
Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by sleekysol(m): 9:32am On Sep 11, 2015
wordcat:

yea man you are so right drugs are getting expensive hence the reason for your deteriorating condition. once again i feel strong pity for your generation.
Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by Ephemmm: 9:35am On Sep 11, 2015
nnafather:
Greedy bankers looking for cheap labour, enslaving innocent Nigerians because of the evil APC has done to the economy. No be them dey find cheap labour? If you treat them as strangers, they will be strangers. Chikina!

@bolded, when will you stop reasoning through your anus? Outsourcing started within PDP's 16 years in administration, and not within APC's 100 days in office: do your research wella. However, this is the cause of your myopic thinking...

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by kolokolobi(m): 9:52am On Sep 11, 2015
I am not a banker. I will like to see how the CIBN & NDIC got their stats. From my outside looking in view the contract staff do not have authorizing powers within the system to commit much fraud. Besides the banks have controls and checks embedded within their processes and systems to leave authorizing powers to the contract staff. From what I see these contract staff only act as tellers and cash lodgement receivers. The actual posting or authorization required to move money around usually resides in more senior officers who are not contract staff. So I doubt the authenticity of the claims made by, though reputable organizations, CIBN & NDIC.
Besides all these, one of the main reasons of a business is to make profit. This is apart from delivering value and eradicating or managing associated risks. I'm sure the banks have done their checks and calculations and believe this is one of the ways they can achieve this.
just me thinking aloud.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by LOL247(f): 9:52am On Sep 11, 2015
Cecilia Ibru, Erastus Akingbola and Co were all Casual..

1 Like

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by wordcat(m): 9:53am On Sep 11, 2015
sleekysol:

once again i feel strong pity for your generation.
Is it true that you're the last of your generation?
Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by wordcat(m): 9:53am On Sep 11, 2015
sleekysol:

once again i feel strong pity for your generation.
Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by sleekysol(m): 10:21am On Sep 11, 2015
wordcat:

nice try but read more and be wise
Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by wordcat(m): 10:36am On Sep 11, 2015
sleekysol:

nice try but read more and be wise
Yeah but grow up and learn how to respect others view
Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by wordcat(m): 10:40am On Sep 11, 2015
LOL247:
Cecilia Ibru, Erastus Akingbola and Co were all Casual..

This I exactly what i was trying to say. A criminal minded person will always be a criminal. The fact that one is a casual worker is not a yardstick to engage in sharp practices.
There is no justification for crime!

1 Like

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by precious1967(m): 10:41am On Sep 11, 2015
hand them over to efcc.
Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by Mustay(m): 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
I would have loved to see more stats than the 75% figure bearing in mind the recent case of the collabo between CBN officials and that Bank. Moreover, what is the magnitude of the 75% If the 75% = N1m and the 25% = N10m, then we still have a bigger problem.

"People want to know they matter and they want to be treated as people. That’s the new talent contract."

- Pamela Stroko

“When people are financially invested, they want a return. When people are emotionally invested, they want to contribute.”

- Simon Sinek

“Employees who believe that management is concerned about them as a whole person – not just an employee – are more productive, more satisfied, more fulfilled.”

- Anne M. Mulcahy

The emotional imbalance in thinking that you are part of an organization but the organization is not part of you is enough to contribute to this. Contract workers feel this way because what most of them wanted was to be part of the organization but the organization ended up keeping them as 'part' of their staff but not fully-staffed. The terrible situation in this country as forced these people to accept rolling contracts as 'employment'.

The CIBN president, Otunba (Mrs) Debola Osibogun, during a courtesy visit to the NDIC, regretted that a large percentage of fraud cases in the banking sector are traced to outsourced bank staff who were neither professionals nor members of the CIBN.

Ditto the first quote; these banks are not ready to INVEST in these guys, so why would they want to invest in the bank's controls Accepted, being a member of a professional body may make potential fraudsters to reconsider but the reality is different from the assumed. These criminals live in the harsh realities of everyday Nigeria and may just have different reasons to make 'ends meet.

While issuing accreditation certificates to the academies of these banks, we would be deceiving ourselves when we don't tell these banks that engage in casual labour the truth of the contradictions they engage in!

2 Likes

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by martinosi: 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
deadie:
What do you expect? That is what you get when staffs are not well motivated, have no job security and earn peanuts. BTW, FTC & TGIF.

BS! Most fraud in Bank are committed by those in the Know ie Senior Mgt Team, IT etc..causal workers cant do nada!!!
And with all the Technological System in banks these days..when their is an error or fraud allegation ..the
first place you have to check is SMT, IT and Cashiers...they are the first port of call... without them
money aiight moving no where....

2 Likes

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by Lekewatt(m): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
kennyman2000:
Hmmmm.. There's a point in what the man said.. If u burnt ur night candles for all those banking professional exams like CIBN,ICANS and other exams that makes you certified..

U wouldnt want to get urself involved in something that'll get ur certificate forfeited when you're caught but all those ond holders casual staffs can do whatever they like..

I think, its high time they're flushed out of the system. Though, frauds wont get eliminated totally from the system when they're flushed out but frauds will minimize.. My 2 cents.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband.
when a jobless graduate whose spot has been taken by an ND holder speak, u go know.

1 Like

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by nairamaniac: 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
Adesiji77:
http://leadership.ng/business/459857/casual-workers-responsible-for-fraud-in-banks-ndic-cibn lalasticlala

What a load of crap. Them say for polygamous home, na pikin wey no get mama na hin be thief.
Because the casual workers are the lowest ranked, una wan put am for their head. all the money laundry and rackets for the banks, na casual-workers deyvdo am?
Do casual workers give out loans disobeying CBN regulations?
was Cecilia ibru a casual worker?

1 Like

Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by Adesiji77: 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
nairamaniac:

What a load of crap. Them say for polygamous home, na pikin wey no get mama na hin be thief.
Because the casual workers are the lowest ranked, una wan put am for their head. all the money laundry and rackets for the banks, na casual-workers deyvdo am?
Do casual workers give out loans disobeying CBN regulations?
was Cecilia ibru a casual worker?

You haff vex? The boys are not smiling... cool
Re: Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN by AngelicaDivine(f): 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
Banks can't eat their cake & have it back. Outsourcing should be reviewed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Win $5,000 At The Techpoint Africa Fintech Summit Hackathon / I Want To Do My Internship Abroad / Where To Find ADULT EDUCATION In Lagos: Enter Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.