Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,700 members, 7,805,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Career Guide(pls Your Advice Is Highly Needed! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Guide(pls Your Advice Is Highly Needed! (1386 Views)

Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Highly Profitable Talents And How They Work / My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice / Career Guide: How To Become A Professor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Guide(pls Your Advice Is Highly Needed! by CINDY74(f): 12:03am On Sep 11, 2015
Hi everyone, I`ll just go straight to the point. My cousin wants to study English language and both of us will be writing Jamb nxt year. The thing is, I'm kinda worried cos I've been trying to figure out the job opportunities of an English student. Without her being a lecturer/teacher, what else? And for her to become a lecturer,(which I think she wants) is she gonna take-up English (major) or(Education)? And what's the subject combination? Your comments please...
Re: Career Guide(pls Your Advice Is Highly Needed! by tobe4real(m): 6:59am On Sep 11, 2015
reading english language is not just limited to being a lecturer,plus if she wants to be a lecturer either of the 2 is good
CINDY74:
Hi everyone, I`ll just go straight to the point. My cousin wants to study English language and both of us will be writing Jamb nxt year. The thing is, I'm kinda worried cos I've been trying to figure out the job opportunities of an English student. Without her being a lecturer/teacher, what else? And for her to become a lecturer,(which I think she wants) is she gonna take-up English (major) or(Education)? And what's the subject combination? Your comments please...
Re: Career Guide(pls Your Advice Is Highly Needed! by tobe4real(m): 7:00am On Sep 11, 2015
if its for unilag hit me up
CINDY74:
Re: Career Guide(pls Your Advice Is Highly Needed! by CINDY74(f): 7:24am On Sep 11, 2015
tobe4real:
reading english language is not just limited to being a lecturer,plus if she wants to be a lecturer either of the 2 is good
thanks
Re: Career Guide(pls Your Advice Is Highly Needed! by CINDY74(f): 7:24am On Sep 11, 2015
More comments please
Re: Career Guide(pls Your Advice Is Highly Needed! by tobe4real(m): 7:28am On Sep 11, 2015
anytime
CINDY74:
thanks
Re: Career Guide(pls Your Advice Is Highly Needed! by onihaxy: 10:46am On Sep 11, 2015
tobe4real:
if its for unilag hit me up

English language as a course has wider career applications such as:
1. radio / TV presenter just like masscom
2. customer care representatives
3. front desk managers / secretary.
4. personal assistance
5. writer
6. teachers / lecturers. and so on.

however, there are so many careers that accommodates every people irrespective of their course of study. like

1. banking
2. hotel/ hospitality jobs
3. insurance
4. pensions
5. marketing etc.

what should matter most is your passion for the course. when the passion is there, then you will enjoy what you are studying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Career Guide(pls Your Advice Is Highly Needed! by CINDY74(f): 1:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
onihaxy:

English language as a course has wider career applications such as:
1. radio / TV presenter just like masscom
2. customer care representatives
3. front desk managers / secretary.
4. personal assistance
5. writer
6. teachers / lecturers. and so on.

however, there are so many careers that accommodates every people irrespective of their course of study. like

1. banking
2. hotel/ hospitality jobs
3. insurance
4. pensions
5. marketing etc.

what should matter most is your passion for the course. when the passion is there, then you will enjoy what you are studying.
thanks so much onihazy, God bless. I've read most of your stories! but in #ghostmode# Lol and her subject combination what do you have to say? I can only think of English, literature, governmnt and
Re: Career Guide(pls Your Advice Is Highly Needed! by olenime(m): 7:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
CINDY74:
My dear, degree is now opened to prepare you for what life has to offer you!
If you graduate in engineering, and you lucky enough to get a job in your field, very lovely nd nice! (You so lucky) because the job training will be so familiar since you did sometin of such in school, bUT IF not, your background as a graduate will help you in any field after a 2weeks of a month training in any job you fiind yourself!
So, pls, don't confine yourself in one particular job! Just be open minded...
#My kobo
Re: Career Guide(pls Your Advice Is Highly Needed! by CINDY74(f): 10:35pm On Sep 12, 2015
olenime:

My dear, degree is now opened to prepare you for what life has to offer you!
If you graduate in engineering, and you lucky enough to get a job in your field, very lovely nd nice! (You so lucky) because the job training will be so familiar since you did sometin of such in school, bUT IF not, your background as a graduate will help you in any field after a 2weeks of a month training in any job you fiind yourself!
So, pls, don't confine yourself in one particular job! Just be open minded...
#My kobo
thanks so much
Re: Career Guide(pls Your Advice Is Highly Needed! by Brownville007: 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2016
CINDY74:
I studied English major and today I work as an HR in a fed commission. There is no limit to where a graduate of English can work. Your cousin can go for English major but s/he will need to do pgd in education If lecturing is in the loop for he/r. Am also considering switching to lecturing soon.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me With A Spss Or Stata Or Data Analysis Training School In Onitsha / How A Graduate Hawks Banana In Zimbabwe / Join Mr/miss Dakkada Beauty Pageants Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.