Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) (9272 Views)

Prifessinonal Risk Manager Certification- What's The Demand Like In Nigeria? / Credit Risk Manager? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by lummy2enny: 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2009
Hi Fellow Nairalanders,
There is this professional exam call FRM(Financial Risk Manager) organised by Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARPS). Am about register for the exam but my problem is that i dont know where or who to receive lecture from and i need someone to lead me. please i need someone with useful information on where to receive lecture and where to get useful material from for the exam. Although the exam is not that popular in Nigeria, i know there will still be people with information. ANYTHING INFORMATION IS WELCOME.
Thanks.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by yemode2k: 7:40pm On Apr 07, 2009
hello i am also interested in GARP although there are no tutorial centres in nigeria i feel the hand book will suffice.
however you can send me a mail yemode2k@yahoo.com so we could talk better similar to GARP is another institute called PRIMIA
look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by Redfox(m): 10:39am On Apr 08, 2009
@everyone
i have read about GARP and i have always wanted to be an FRM,but the hunch still remains,where do i get registered in nigeria?,what is the cost of the programme? how do one get the comprehensive study materials? am based in lagos,besides we could form a study group b/cos am good in finance.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by yemode2k: 1:40pm On Apr 08, 2009
Hello i am aware of GARP but i want to know whether the FRM qualification is recognised in nigeria interms of Job opportunities .Besides GARP a similar institute is PRIMIA .

i can be reached on yemode2k@yahoo.com so we could exchange ideas.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by pingu2k5(m): 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
Hello all. How have u been? Hope u guys were successful in registering and writing the exams. I am considering registering too, please can you put me through? Thanks.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by RixExpat: 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2012
You can just check their websites:

GARP - http://www.garp.org/frm/frm-program.aspx

PRMIA - http://www.prmia.org/

for registration details. Normally, you will need a credit card to register though you can write to them if you don't have a credit card, you can also pay by wire transfer but with additional charges.

As regards preparation for the exams, I will recommend "Risk Prep" - http://www.riskprep.com/ for PRM as I found them very useful and cost effective as well (I have the PRM already). From my detailed research, for FRM,I will recommend "Bionic Turtle" - http://www.bionicturtle.com/ (I will be writing the FRM in November as I am currently preparing for the CFA exams in June. Globally, these are the two most respected exams in Risk Management and Nigeria should not be an exception as finance and banking in Nigeria is well advanced and I have seen a couple of jobs requiring these certifications in Nigeria(though the CFA is more popular everywhere for those in investment management/research). Lastly, you've got to have a good/strong quantitative background, else you will find the FRM/PRM exams a bit distressing. Wish you all the best.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by dejiokuns: 12:32pm On May 17, 2012
RixExpat: You can just check their websites:

GARP - http://www.garp.org/frm/frm-program.aspx

PRMIA - http://www.prmia.org/

for registration details. Normally, you will need a credit card to register though you can write to them if you don't have a credit card, you can also pay by wire transfer but with additional charges.

As regards preparation for the exams, I will recommend "Risk Prep" - http://www.riskprep.com/ for PRM as I found them very useful and cost effective as well (I have the PRM already). From my detailed research, for FRM,I will recommend "Bionic Turtle" - http://www.bionicturtle.com/ (I will be writing the FRM in November as I am currently preparing for the CFA exams in June. Globally, these are the two most respected exams in Risk Management and Nigeria should not be an exception as finance and banking in Nigeria is well advanced and I have seen a couple of jobs requiring these certifications in Nigeria(though the CFA is more popular everywhere for those in investment management/research). Lastly, you've got to have a good/strong quantitative background, else you will find the FRM/PRM exams a bit distressing. Wish you all the best.

I am also prepared to sit for the FRM part 1 November 17 exam. RixExpat, please what is your email so i can get in touch with you. I wouldn't mind having someone like you to prepare with. I wish you the very best in the coming CFA exam.

1 Like

Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by AkinDavid2: 6:46pm On May 21, 2012
Check out this Chartered Risk Associate from Pm Consulting...you may like it too.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by analystk: 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2012
First Quartile Professionals resume CFA Level I Prep Course for Dec 2012 CFA exams.

Date: July 28, 2012.
Time: 12noon
Venue: FQ/Shields Consulting
A3, Patsy Plaza, Ebitu Ukiwe Str.,
Beside EssDee Motors, Opp. RCCG Desire of Nations,
Jabi Abuja

FQ is presently looking to begin Tuition for the FRM exam. As with CFA Tuition, qualified Financial Risk Managers will be on hand to handle the classes. If you would like such a centre in Abuja, please send us an e-mail.

We also have Texas Instruments BA II Plus and HP 12C Platinum calculators for sale at very good prices.

Call 08088289520 or e-mail firstquartileprofessionals@gmail.com for more details.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by firstonajobi: 9:16am On Jan 09, 2013
Can someone help with details of where I could get GARP reading materials (book) in Lagos? I will appreaciate this greatly.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by bukkytroni: 10:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
mail me at durobukola at gmail dot com

1 Like

Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by RixExpat: 5:52am On Jan 10, 2013
firstonajobi: Can someone help with details of where I could get GARP reading materials (book) in Lagos? I will appreaciate this greatly.

Make sure you are using the most updated materials as GARP updates the reading materials every year. Alternatively, you can buy from GARP website:

http://www.garp.org/frm/study-center/study-materials.aspx

Or you may consider to use a third party provider like Scweser. Personally, I used both in addition to Bionic turtle which is renown for very excellent practice exams.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by firstonajobi: 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2013
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by firstonajobi: 2:32pm On Jan 10, 2013
Thank you.

RixExpat:

Make sure you are using the most updated materials as GARP updates the reading materials every year. Alternatively, you can buy from GARP website:

http://www.garp.org/frm/study-center/study-materials.aspx

Or you may consider to use a third party provider like Scweser. Personally, I used both in addition to Bionic turtle which is renown for very excellent practice exams.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by pingu2k5(m): 12:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
Please, is there anybody that has registered with GARP for the FRM May 2013 exam on here? I want to buy GARP's 2013 study pack (Part 1); the pack's cheaper for registered members. I hope someone can help out. I want to start preparing for the November exam. Thanks.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by Gaurapad1: 6:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
I registered for the may 2013 exam I got the materials from the website. Is there a lecture center in lagos for this exam? I'll appreciate the information.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by joichi: 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
No lecture venue in Lagos yet, But i am studying towards d Nov 2013 diet. I blve we can form a cute lil study group & help each other. I excel beta in a classroom setting or preferably in a study group. Beta late than neva.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by Gaurapad1: 6:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: JoicNo lecture venue in Lagos yet, But i am studying towards d Nov 2013 diet. I blve we can form a cute lil study group & help each other. I excel beta in a classroom setting or preferably in a study group. Beta late than neva.
h '

kindly contact me on oayodeleoni@yahoo.com lets discuss further. I had to reschedule my may exam to November.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by pingu2k5(m): 8:26am On May 14, 2013
Here are download links for Kaplan Schweser FRM 2013 notes:

Part 1: http://www.4shared.com/rar/L-MlICpt/F_online.html

Part 2: http://www.4shared.com/rar/n2JX29iO/F2_online.html
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by joichi: 12:39pm On May 14, 2013
Thanks Pingu. Though i couldn't quite download the document. Too many security features on my laptop.
Please send me an email or contact details i can reach u on. I would be needing all the information i can get on this FRM issue. I am also wondering if you have taken the exam or taking it any time soon. Gotten the books yet? How far so far?
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by longbush: 10:44am On Jun 10, 2013
joichi: No lecture venue in Lagos yet, But i am studying towards d Nov 2013 diet. I blve we can form a cute lil study group & help each other. I excel beta in a classroom setting or preferably in a study group. Beta late than neva.

Good day Guys,

I also want to register for Nov. 2013 part 1. How far have gone with what you propposed above. I want to join the group.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by joichi: 1:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
We can alwayz arrange somtin. Nov is rite arnd d corner.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by oxygen25: 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2013
Am in, want to register for Nov exams too, pingu2k5, thanks for links, will download later.

Success.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by globechamp: 6:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
Hi fellow candidates:

Proposing a bb group where we can begin discussion, we will then plan periodic group discussion maybe once in two weeks.

If you are in, join the group on 28BF1E86. We will also share materials. I am using the Schweser notes at the moment.

Cheers
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by viro13: 5:54am On Jun 26, 2013
globechamp:
Hi fellow candidates:

Proposing a bb group where we can begin discussion, we will then plan periodic group discussion maybe once in two weeks.

If you are in, join the group on 28BF1E86. We will also share materials. I am using the Schweser notes at the moment.

Cheers

do u have other materials besides the kaplan notes?
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by AkinDavid2: 11:38am On Jun 29, 2013
Dear house i have a copy of the 2011 Schweser note, can i still use it for the November Exams?
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by homebase(m): 11:26am On Jul 15, 2013
I read somewhere online that Elan materials are better than Schweser.
On the thread most people are giving credence to Elan prep videos.

By the i love the analysis i read about CFA vf MBA i read on
this site http://cfaplanet.com . you check it out.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by joichi: 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hi.

Just sent you a request on bbm. Had to take out my contact cos i was getting rily weird mails from some quarters.
I currently use the bionic turtle product and the FRM advised books. Guess we can continue on bbm though. Also, as a gentle reminder to fellow candidates, the final date for early registration for the November 2013 diet is on 31st July 2013, next week friday. If we are in on this, please lets create a wider forum to accommodate us all with our different challenges (work schedule, distance from others and the likes).

globechamp:
Hi fellow candidates:

Cheers
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by RixExpat: 8:48am On Oct 11, 2013
Hello FRM Candidates,

I want to have an idea about the number of candidates preparing for the FRM Exam as I am planning to start an FRM tutorial center here in Lagos. If the number is reasonable, I will approach some other high profile individuals and prospective tutors who are also certified FRMs and some of whom are also CFA charter holders so we can commence an FRM tutorial center in Lagos. Lectures may not commence before the next 2013 November exam considering the logistics that need to be put in place but we can provide mentoring for those who may need that for the November exam.

Regards.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by lambalamb(m): 11:33pm On Oct 12, 2013
RixExpat: Hello FRM Candidates,

I want to have an idea about the number of candidates preparing for the FRM Exam as I am planning to start an FRM tutorial center here in Lagos. If the number is reasonable, I will approach some other high profile individuals and prospective tutors who are also certified FRMs and some of whom are also CFA charter holders so we can commence an FRM tutorial center in Lagos. Lectures may not commence before the next 2013 November exam considering the logistics that need to be put in place but we can provide mentoring for those who may need that for the November exam.

Regards.
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by Adonis4u: 11:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
RixExpat: Hello FRM Candidates,

Regards.

Hi Sir, I am planning on writing the PRM exam 1 very soon and I don't know if it's a good idea to order the prep material from PRMIA website and prepare first before applying to write the exam? I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks
Re: Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) by Nobody: 5:18am On Oct 14, 2013
Adonis4u:

Hi Sir, I am planning on writing the PRM exam 1 very soon and I don't know if it's a good idea to order the prep material from PRMIA website and prepare first before applying to write the exam? I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks

It is best you buy the PRMIA handbook for all the Exams. the handbook is self explanatory and is co-authored by risk professionals and academics.
You can also buy riskprep's access to its question Bank for exam 1 or kesdee's question bank..

All the best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Professional Bodies & Courses In Nigeria / Can You Work Under Your Wife? / Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.