Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,100 members, 7,807,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. (754 Views)

PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur / 100 Days: Buhari On The Right Track, Says Tukur / Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by ayomidegambari(m): 5:46am On Sep 11, 2015
A former National
Chairman of the
Peoples Democratic
Party, Alhaji Bamanga
Tukur, said on
Thursday that if he was
not forced out of office,
his party would have won the 2015 general elections.
Tukur, who spoke with journalists at his residence in Abuja
as one of the activities to mark his 80th birthday, said the
party was winning elections when he was in office.
The former PDP chairman was forced to resign from office
when he sanctioned some governors of the party.
Tukur, who was a former governor of the defunct Gongola
State, identified lack of internal democracy as the bane of
the former ruling party.
The defeat suffered by the PDP was unprecedented as the
then opposition party, the All Progressives Congress, won
the power at the centre and many states where the PDP had
hitherto remained unbeaten.
Tukur however said the situation would have been different
if he had not been booted out of office unceremoniously.
He said, “Well, when I was there I won elections and in the
same vein, if I was there I also expect to win the election.
“But first and foremost, this is a democracy and in every
democratic system, you have the opposition and the party in
government.
“So, it is time (for the opposition) because it is a democracy
and it is the people who decide who they want to vote for
and that is what the people have done.
“Sure the PDP will rediscover itself. I am sure about that; it is
their own party and they can find out what have gone wrong.
“If for 16 years people allowed you to rule them and in the
17th year they say no, you have to find out why they said
no.”
He said he faced problems in the party because some of
those he described as strong members of the party were
afraid of election and would rather prefer selection.
He said such powerful men were ready to leave the party,
but he decided to leave for them.
Tukur added, “Well, I thought we were in a system of
democracy and my views were such that what I believed in
were what I will preach.
“I wanted election and people said they wanted selection. If
the majority or the strong people in the PDP did not believe
in it then the choice or the next thing for me to do was to
leave.
“It is either I leave or they leave but I did not want them to
leave, so, I decided to leave. At that time, people said I was
preaching internal democracy instead of imposition. So, it
was difficult for me to sit down and be part of them.”
Despite the way he was treated in his party, Tukur said he
would not defect to the APC, saying that it would be difficult
for him to change his principle at 80.
He said, “At 80, what do you want somebody to do? You
want to change somebody’s character at 80? Is it possible?
“At 80, you remain because you cannot bend. You are
unbendable anymore and if you do it by force, you will
break.”. www.punchng.com/news/pdp-would-have-won-if-i-wasnt-removed-says-tukur/

Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by ademega(m): 5:53am On Sep 11, 2015
really?
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by ezebunafo(m): 5:55am On Sep 11, 2015
Ok
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by sluk(m): 5:55am On Sep 11, 2015
OK, Praise d Lord
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by midolian(m): 5:58am On Sep 11, 2015
After 5months grin grin
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by seunmsg(m): 6:06am On Sep 11, 2015
Old man Tukur is having the last laugh over the PDP governors that pushed him out of office. The good thing is, majority of Nigerians are now laughing at all of them. Bunch of corrupt and clueless leaders who ruined the country for 16 years.
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by dotG(m): 6:09am On Sep 11, 2015
here comes the wailing waillers....
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by DaveWonder(m): 6:09am On Sep 11, 2015
With all due respect sir, yur statement sounds disgusting WTF hu du yu tynk u are, a deity or wah, Bleep yur ego!!!!!
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by Sirnokiopee(m): 6:14am On Sep 11, 2015
Please this man should be included in the next episode of night of a thousand laugh ... He should also go on tour with basket mouth
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by omenka(m): 6:18am On Sep 11, 2015
Come oo, is this man still in charge of those fairy tale "transformation" trains or doing his "ambassador at large" thingy?? Shouldn't he be telling us what he's done/is doing on his current job?? Why cry over spilled milk??
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by phlemzy: 6:19am On Sep 11, 2015
Is this not the same man that was stirring disunity in the party when he was the chairman? He must be day dreaming!
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by otukpo(f): 6:22am On Sep 11, 2015
We have heard.
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by ellabooz(f): 6:24am On Sep 11, 2015
Ok .
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by myners007: 6:24am On Sep 11, 2015
Invariably the man implies that he has the key to PDP latest rigging technique
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by bewla(m): 6:28am On Sep 11, 2015
orubebe
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by WailingWailer00(m): 6:31am On Sep 11, 2015
See him fat face like frog own

Who are you sef

Betrayers angry
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by ellabooz(f): 6:32am On Sep 11, 2015
[/b] Tukur said he
would not defect to the APC, saying that it would be difficult
for him to change his principle at 80.
He said, “At 80, what do you want somebody to do? You
want to change somebody’s character at 80? Is it possible?
“At 80, you remain because you cannot bend. You are
unbendable anymore and if you do it by force, you will
break.”. [b]
[/quote]

The above statement portrays Obasanjo as a disgrace to this nation. Someone that became a president on the platform of PDP?
Am not surprised shaa,someone who sleeps with his daughter inlaw at old age tufiakwa.

A typical behaviour of a westerner - sabotaging.

Westerners are the problem of this country - Lamido sanusi
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by rottennaija(m): 6:33am On Sep 11, 2015
Impunity, favouratism, abuse of power, lack of Justice in the court, corruption, lack of democracy even internally within their party and externally, lack of interest to the suffering masses, wastage of public funds like in the case if Akwa ibom, kidnapping and killing of opposition ...and the list goes on was the reasons why PDP was shown the way out
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by Beremx(f): 6:36am On Sep 11, 2015
Baba must be high on Gongola weed.
Next story before I laugh here!
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by Pavore9: 6:37am On Sep 11, 2015
Even the old, dream dreams!
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by 2kris(m): 6:42am On Sep 11, 2015
Tukur is looking for sympathy after killing pdp to favour northerners
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by permsec: 6:43am On Sep 11, 2015
Re: PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. by lincolnj88: 6:43am On Sep 11, 2015
grin baba messi hw yola na.....
Kai in the north apc and pdp just have one sole goal , which is for power to return to northern muslim hand

(1) (Reply)

Alaibe Paid N10b For Obasanjo’s Third Term Bid – PDP / Buhari Says No To Naira Devaluation / Abukola Saraki Must Face Trial – Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.