Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" (161705 Views)

Groomsmen In Igbo Traditional Attire Will Make Ladies Drool (pictures) / The Economics Of Igbo Marriage Explained / Anambra Man's Corpse Abandoned In Taraba For Not Being Member Of Igbo Union (Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by jnrbayano(m): 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
Igbos are very unique in adherence of culture and tradition.

...and very colourful too. cool

9 Likes

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by omeke12(m): 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
hh
Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by IamforGod: 2:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
grin

I love igbo people! But the ones on nairaland are just. Disgusting. Especially the ones dat can die becos of thier political fathers!

The ones around me are lovely and Sweet!

They are good to me and vice. Versa.

3 Likes

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by Super1759: 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2015
U forgot that the man will put money into the cup after taking the mmanya from his bride

5 Likes

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by MadCow1: 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2015
Igbo Amaka.. grin

Meanwhile, somewhere in the West,

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by nsiazu: 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
I might marry from the Igbo tribe anytime am in the country I love learning new things and the picture really shows how crisp the Wedding is.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by jnrbayano(m): 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
omeke12:
hh

You missed your "holy grail" by the whiskers.

You will feel like cursing the network provider you are subscribed to.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
Colorful
Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
Cute...
Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
Proudly igbo anytime anyday smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by ETILA100(m): 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
my beautiful people...

2 Likes

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by Bonapart(m): 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2015
Who says we ain't the best
Na only igbo race i know and that's a fact

I love my people like madt

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by CHIDIEJIOGU: 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2015
the igbos are beautiful.

1 Like

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by Bonapart(m): 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2015
MadCow1:
Igbo Amaka.. grin

Meanwhile, somewhere in the West,

grin grin grin no use laff kill me

Dem still in slavery

#growupyorubapeople

6 Likes

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by neocortex: 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2015
Snowangel4:

undecided

why beefing

1 Like

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by newday123: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
Historically Igbo people are The best ethnic group on earth.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by Ugonnax: 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by Luckygurl(f): 3:09pm On Oct 16, 2015
Why did you leave out the main part of the ceremony?? angry angry
The negotiation of the bride price with any symbolic item be it broom sticks, kola nut etc angry angry
Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by Bonapart(m): 3:09pm On Oct 16, 2015
Still waiting for any western bigot to come and spew trash here i can eat it alive

1 Like

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by Mekzmoney(m): 3:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
All dis are in 9ja movies....... undecided
Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by menix(m): 3:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
Igbo amaka..

1 Like

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by ElFenomeno1: 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
IamAtribalist:
Too much makeup and fake (dead white people's) hair.
grin grin grin
Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by markplenty: 3:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
interesting, so I have an Igbo traditional wedding coming up nxt month

1 Like

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by kelvyn7: 3:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
and after the marriage u guys will start soaking garri undecided
Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by sabi99(m): 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
So many years of peaceful atmosphere in igbo land, no bomb blast and indiscriminate killings, may God extend some of her peaceful nature to other parts of d country......UDO

3 Likes

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by MadCow1: 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2015

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
these people sud be proud of themselves, love their own land and learn to respect other people. cuz d hatred on them is just too much, that i dont wish any tribe on earth to be hated like that.

1 Like

Re: A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
OP, you know say you go don distabilize the head of some Nairaland ladies wey dey go vigil for husband?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Some Animal And Birds Names In Yoruba. / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? / Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.