Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (114860 Views)

Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by anonimi: 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
When shall WE remove the off-putting religious aspects of our cultural heritage and start making MONEY from its tourism potentials instead of running away to be voluntary slaves abroad

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by itsIYKE(m): 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
Brugge:

You my friend you need to get laid it has been a while. grin
so who are u offering?...ur wife or sister?

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
pyyxxaro:
Most Biafrans won't be happy to hear this

Abeg make una nor attack me for this post o

Na joke I de o

cry

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Dandy1(m): 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
I dey tell you: Yorubas' gotten the richest culture on earth

18 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
vicadex07:

Your brothers are hated and massacered in millions anywhere they are found accross the World.

I heard it was Igbo people that triggered the xenophobic reactions in South Africa.

They were boasting about and telling the natives that they are slaves to white people and that they are the ones that built and developed South Africa for them.

They even told the natives that there ladies preferred dating them cos they're more successful...I mean who does that if not the flat headed arrogant criminals and drug pushers.

Igbo people are cursed with bile, hate and crime
so much for the medicine..dingbat

4 Likes

alaoeri:
Its not about chest beating, Yoruba setting the pace unlike some Jewish wannabe. cool

vicadex07:

First imbeciIe to spew trash.

Wait for me, I dey prepare your medicine.

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
anonimi:
When shall WE remove the off-putting religious aspects of our cultural heritage and start making MONEY from its tourism potentials instead of running away to be voluntary slaves abroad

Maybe the Igbo village in virginia, but the Yoruba village is all about making money.

They sell clothes, to enter the village you have to pay. To go to festivals, you have to pay. They're making money.

Good thing it's in demand.

Yoruba states in Nigeria needs to find ways to make money out of Yoruba culture because its high in demand.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
Drchristian:

Cocain Dealers
Fake drugs
Lagooners
Fake jewish people
Akpu Eaters grin
Baby factories
Terrorist
Holigans
COwards
people's land evaders. "d No man lands"
Flat headed tribe with hammer head of horror yeebos cheesy cheesy
world Crime Dominators grin grin
promiscuous women
only tribe that her females r prostitute
Skin bleachers
Most hated
ritualist
Kidnappers
oil theft

all na yeeebos

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
vicadex07:

In the heirachy of Slaves the Yoruba presided over the others and that is why their Language and cultures survived in those colonial countries up till date.

Igbo slaves however were third class slave class. There were used for the most demeaning and dehumanizing tasks, hence they had no opinion and there culture and sense of identity was balkanized.

grin

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
vicadex07:

Your brothers are hated and massacered in millions anywhere they are found accross the World.

I heard it was Igbo people that triggered the xenophobic reactions in South Africa.

They were boasting about and telling the natives that they are slaves to white people and that they are the ones that built and developed South Africa for them.

They even told the natives that there ladies preferred dating them cos they're more successful...I mean who does that if not the flat headed arrogant criminals and drug pushers.

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by StFrank2(m): 3:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
All I see is just a poverty filled wannabe Yoruba community

5 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by vRendoh(m): 3:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
shocked The Black Man is never an Idiot! We are not who they say we are...... and not any second or third class citizen...They (White) gave us a complex problem- our religion is bad, our colour represent devil, we are the gentiles etc. For century and up till now, we are still battling how to overcome these issues while every other races except the BlackMan is travelling to the moon and skies above. Just like a dog playing with the bone while the rest dogs are in a journey! we must free our minds and elevate the Black Race from the position(?)( is there any position for us presently) to a new level of black and proud!

6 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by osothermal(m): 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
Brugge:

is that the only sentence you learnt throughout your holiday lecture?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by alexohams2000(m): 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
vicadex07:

This is just one of the reasons why sustainable development and eradication of all unwanted ills that are tantamount to the wellbeing of Nigeria can't be achieved. It's high time we started seeing ourselves as one. It's high time we brought the positive aspects of our various tribes and merge them to grow higher as a nation. There's no Nigeria unless there's unity. Quote me anywhere.

7 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Panzerfaust(m): 3:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
truefact:
Fetish cowards. ..very diabolical set of people. ..ritualistics Scratchfaceds with coneheads. ...Always carrying outdated talking drums here and there...Even with their jujustic rituals, they are not any better than others, rather they even worse if I may say...is brown roofs development? Ritual-killers everywhere

Yorubas it is not by juju...Even with your juju and rituals, you are still cowards
Brainless she-male.

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by basilo101: 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
See hw u are d one to spoil ur beautiful thread. Must u ppl bring igbos into everything?

10 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by haohaohao123(f): 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
Great news... cheesy
[size=1pt]Tiny Tanks Unblocked[/size]
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by anonimi: 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:
Maybe the Igbo village in virginia, but the Yoruba village is all about making money.

They sell clothes, to enter the village you have to pay. To go to festivals, you have to pay. They're making money.

Good thing it's in demand.

Yoruba states in Nigeria needs to find ways to make money out of Yoruba culture because its high in demand.

It is sad and pathetic that we WASTE our own money going to take pictures in Dubai, Miami, London etc instead of ALSO celebrating our own FESTIVALS and providing modern facilities and security to attract visitors who will pay to see our rich CULTURE.
It is up to us to make a change for better- each one of us!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by shidof(m): 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
kennydee05:
Yoruba everywhere you go
just like MTN . Always a force to reckon with, whether u hate or love us.

3 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by sukkot: 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
oyotunji tho ?
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by 9jatatafo(m): 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
Tribalism and sectionalism
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by DrGud: 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
Our culture don reach mars tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Jadonaldson(m): 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
YORUBA is a "RACE" not a "TRIBE"

Pls take Note

Lastly I hereby declare this thread free from the eastern earthworms any attempt to invade this beautiful thread is an attempt on Lagos Lagoon. I have seriously #LANDED
Must u call the eastern part of the country? If u don't av anyfin 2 say just stay mute

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by MyZoto: 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2015
Lagos traffic can have you looking and acting like a mad person. See the things we do to beat the stress of Lagos Traffic http://zoto.com.ng/top-5-ways-to-avoid-stress-in-lagos-traffic/

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by joyjoy007(f): 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2015
the yoruba culture is jst too rich.........first time commenting pls show me some love

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by focus7: 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
Americans coming to borrow and pick Yoruba culture not the Yorubas going to America to claim that they develop America, or that America is no man land, or that America belong to Yorubas. If you go to Brazil and some countries you find Yoruba culture being practice. Rich people with rich culture.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by ERODEDEAST(f): 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
[quote author=dunkem21 post=37906371] #FEM Hu are wa to jama d godz, in the midst of Apiness there is a brutal Danja apply termocool for national piss and Comradaic Igbaladum, minawilaawilaawolus Paul and Barnabass I know Hu ar wa?

LSF Mighty intaracting with Vigin airline.

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by pamelerin: 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
Nice one, Yoruba people everywhere....!

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by sewuun(m): 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
Aji se bi OYO lan' ri OYO o kin se bi Baba Eni kankan. Long Live Yoruba. If only we Yorubas can put away fake love we show each other we can Rule the World.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Video Of Oluwo Of Iwo Rolling Weed Released By Chanel Chin, His Ex Wife / Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures / Kalabari People!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.