Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (114855 Views)

Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Alihkizito(m): 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
Bro..... Go get sense.

ERODEDEAST:
Niqqa your tribe can't measure with the Yorubas It's a known fact so STFU[s][/s]
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
Shymm3x:

Ikeke-idi, I know I will find you here lol.

But you know this village is stale news now - it is as old as Methuselah and I think they are their 3rd or 4th now. Apart from Oyotunji, I believe there is a next Yoruba village in America around Philly or something and they do annual parades in Philly. I will check my archives.

This is more reason why we need a Yoruba country - we're too big to be sandwiched into some racist creation of a country, with folks who have different interests. And Yoruba folks need to start embracing Yoruba brotherhood more and stop being conniving against other Yoruba folks.

Anyway, I have got food for you. Check out this young Yoruba nyggah: Elijah Oyefeso. He's 21 and he drives a gold plated Lambo and Bentley (bought both before he turned 20). And he's self-made...made his own money by himself.

I'm torn between agreeing with what you said and between bashing you for your subtle insult.

What's your friend got to do with me? Is he your boyfriend? shocked wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by sukkot: 4:38pm On Sep 11, 2015
itsIYKE:
my uncle owns the company shaa an igbo man.......wuld u rather hve me climb the ladder wit special prefference?.....naah igbos believe in hardwork
hahahahaa liar. typical igbo liar. shut yo ass up and respect your yoruba master. and thats an order

3 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by DzTzl(f): 4:38pm On Sep 11, 2015
ojosegun2011:
Truefact or what do you call yourself? Why is it difficult for you to. Contribute to discussions on virtually all issues? Has any Yoruba man offended you before? You are insulting Avery powerful race and the best custodian of African Heritage for no just cause. Why? If you so hate the Yorubas why don't keep shut and stop exposing your unbridled tongue. I will not be draagged into war of words on this platform because it is obvious you lack home training and have lost contct with your cultural lineage. I know you must be from the South Eastern Nigeria but your rudeness doesn't reflect the culturl awareness of the good people of Igbo decent who are well cultured in all they do. I have concluded that you are a bastard born into a decent igbo family.

GBAM!!! To think most of my friends are igbo & dy are very very wonderful
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Alihkizito(m): 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
Try get sense or instead,use ur scrotum in exchange of common sense

vicadex07:

First imbeciIe to spew trash.

Wait for me, I dey prepare your medicine.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by zeburudaya: 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

Our wife, no vex o.

Your Igbo son came in with a misguided and jealous hate-filled post.
When u are suppose to be enjoymenting the beautiful thread that are advertisement a true African culture in obodo oyinbo, you are here condemning people from other tribes in rhe same obodo Nigeria. Isi odikwa gi mma? When will u childrens learn to live a useful life both on the internet and on the outside and abstain from ur unnecessary tribalism? If Yoruba or Hausa are represent Nigeria very well in obodo oyibo I'll be proud because it are come from my mama land. It are not necessary mean that it must be Igbo my tribe all the time. You little childrens should learn to behave so that u can inculcate good mannerism in ur own childrens to come.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu

6 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by mayusguy(m): 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
Dude 'a fight i couldn't keep' like srzly? On sex issues Lmao, son if u knew who this is you wont be spewing this bs so i dont really blame you. I've gotten laid more times that you father can ever dream of, you can talk about other ssh but not sex nucca grin like srzly undecided You fuckt up mehn...Choose another fight man cos u lost this already plus stop calling me ur friend boi, i aint no friend to no loser angry
Brugge:

You my friend, if I was sex starved I sure would have roaming NL like a Hot bull, cursing and swearing at the slightest provocation. Fighting some unknown faceless person that could either pass as my younger one or that could be an elderly person.

For the fight that you couldn't keep it, I guess something is wrong somewhere, it is either you are hungry, frustrated or sex starved. So I choose the latter. So you my friend please do get laid often. grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
zeburudaya:

When u are suppose to be enjoymenting the beautiful thread that are advertisement a true African culture in obodo oyinbo, you are here condemning people from other tribes in rhe same obodo Nigeria. Isi odikwa gi mma? When will u childrens learn to live a useful life both on the internet and on the outside and abstain from ur unnecessary tribalism? If Yoruba or Hausa are represent Nigeria very well in obodo oyibo I'll be proud because it are come from my mama land. It are not necessary mean that it must be Igbo my tribe all the time. You little childrens should learn to behave so that u can inculcate good mannerism in ur own childrens to come.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu

Crying wolf once you let the wolf out.

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by obc: 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
YORUBA is a "RACE" not a "TRIBE"

Pls take Note

Lastly I hereby declare this thread free from the eastern earthworms any attempt to invade this beautiful thread is an attempt on Lagos Lagoon. I have seriously #LANDED

Animals are rioting!!!!
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by aderonkedeborah(f): 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
Proudly yoruba..awa lologbon to di ori eja mu.

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by yaskarahyelhope(f): 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
vicadex07:
To the good igbos out there, am sorry I just have to do this. Your rabid brothers provoked me even after I warned them so enjoy a little history 101 grin

Thank U for that or should I say God bless. But unfortunately, take it it leave it. U guys are still slaves coz U gat no mind of ya own except probably d idol worshippers. Y'all all modernized slaves especially in d hands of d northerners. Gosh! I tire for d yorubas. And Y'all soooooo dumb proud. I no like Una. Make I no lie. I live with Una. I fear if there's any difference in all of U. I av a colleague who told Y she couldn't marry from her place, Yoruba. she run go marry another tribe. But its good to be proud of yaselves. Whether e sweet or not. Am proudly 5%

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Koolking(m): 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

Go to the website for more information. Information is power.

Which website are you referring? I hope you were not referring to Linda Ikeji's grapevine blog or the link to the NL thread.

You don't get information on Linda Ikeji's blog, you get misinformation and self-destruction if you are a follower of LI rumours.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2015
@shymm3x

This is more reason why we need a Yoruba country - we're too big to be sandwiched into some racist creation of a country, with folks who have different interests.

I do completely agree with this. Imagine a country called Yoruba - tourism, money money money.

3 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by darelar(m): 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2015
The pictures say it all.God bless Yoruba people's, God bless Nigeria's, God bless Africans and God bless my family.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
Koolking:

Which website are you referring? .

http://www.oyotunji.org/

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Bobbystanley(m): 4:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
zeburudaya:

Ka Chineke mezie okwu

Nnam o ga diri gi nma.

I ma na isi adighi Ndi ofe nmanu nma.

Ha na iberibe di ka Romeo and Juliet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 11, 2015
mayusguy:
Dude 'a fight i couldn't keep' like srzly? On sex issues Lmao, son if u knew who this is you wont be spewing this bs so i dont really blame you. I've gotten laid more times that you father can ever dream of, you can talk about other ssh but not sex nucca grin like srzly? Choose another fight man cos u lost this already

You my friend you just confirmed what I said in my last post. I don't know you, you don't know me, but you find it convenient to bring my parent into this. It says a lot about you.

Well since it is difficult for you to understand what I have been trying to do let me lay it out for you.

I post that in response to posts every human being will consider offence irrespective of whether it was provoked or not, so as to douse tension. It has become a trend on NL to see people throwing up ethnic bs on NL, and most people just feed it my getting in on it. If you keep ignoring such people am sure it will die out, but trying to engage them, will not solve it as evident on NL. The best I can do is to post my 'bs' in response to such post.

So for insulting my dad, whom you don't know and who am sure has worked hard to ensure that people like you who disrespect others and other well meaning Nigerians feel safe and live safe within our dear country to the best of his ability. I forgive you because that was how my parents raised me.

So you my friend kindly get laid asap it helps quite a lot. grin

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by zeburudaya: 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

Crying wolf once you let the wolf out.
I am sure you are doesn't understand what I said. Maybe the grammar was too big for u
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by NOBODYY: 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
Yeeeebooeee's...

A jOke of a tribe...

Clueless people

The thread was for yoruba..Yet they came wiv thier hating spirit to disturb us

4 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by betty202020(m): 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
vicadex07:

Good boy...continu grin
U created the thread, why inviting igbos? u deserve bashing.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
zeburudaya:

I am sure you are doesn't understand what I said. Maybe the grammar was too big for u

Read more post again, lizard.

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
yaskarahyelhope:

Thank U for that or should I say God bless. But unfortunately, take it it leave it. U guys are still slaves coz U gat no mind of ya own except probably d idol worshippers. Y'all all modernized slaves especially in d hands of d northerners. Gosh! I tire for d yorubas. And Y'all soooooo dumb proud. I no like Una. Make I no lie. I live with Una. I fear if there's any difference in all of U. I av a colleague who told Y she couldn't marry from her place, Yoruba. she run go marry another tribe. But its good to be proud of yaselves. Whether e sweet or not. Am proudly 5%

you my friend for engaging in this senseless ethnic bashing on NL, I take it that your vibrator is not doing the job well. So you my friend, beckon on that strong young man that has been 'eyeing' and you have been 'eyeing' secretly to come and do the job. You need it asap, it helps a lot. grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
Bobbystanley:

Look at how cute our igbo brothers are.

In my next life I would still be an Igbo man.

Igbo Amaka

I am telling you Nwanem! smiley

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
NOBODYY:
Yeeeebooeee's...

A jOke of a tribe...

Clueless people

The thread was for yoruba..Yet they came wiv thier hating spirit to disturb us

You my friend for falling into their trap, I suggest you get laid asap. grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by nightmile: 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
truefact:
Fetish cowards. ..very diabolical set of people. ..ritualistics Scratchfaceds with coneheads. ...Always carrying outdated talking drums here and there...Even with their jujustic rituals, they are not any better than others, rather they even worse if I may say...is brown roofs development? Ritual-killers everywhere

Yorubas it is not by juju...Even with your juju and rituals, you are still cowards

The genertion of Igbos are cowards and even Ojukwu demonstrated this during the civil war when Obj chased the fool out of Nigeria. History has it how gallant Yoruba soldiers like the black scorpion and others tormented our slaves from the east. Same yoruba soldiers help Ojukwu to capture Benin before Oju-eku with his tribalism installed igbo medical doctor as Gov. of mid west region which infuriated Victor Banjo.
SE is now the worst place to settle in Nigeria, erosion, dirts and even human remains are all over their drainage system(gutter).

Yorubas are speaking out and in fore front of making sure the present govt. seat up to solve problems facing Nigeria but our COWARDSs from the East are crying behind the walls and begging to be giving slots in govt. COWARDs
Biafrauds are quick to accuse others what they are guilty of. calling others oil soap lickers while the bastards prepare a whole pot of soup with no other ingredient beside palm fruits. chopping palm fruits like squirrel. South B-easts are expert in fraud, drugs, prostitution, armed robbery name any evil you can think of. I belive the tribe has been handed over to satan.

7 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by zeburudaya: 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

Read more post again, lizard.
Ok, bai bai. But remember I was never insult u in my post
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
zeburudaya:

nqqa swerve.

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by sammynwaGod(m): 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
YORUBA is a "RACE" not a "TRIBE"

Pls take Note

Lastly I hereby declare this thread free from the eastern earthworms any attempt to invade this beautiful thread is an attempt on Lagos Lagoon. I have seriously #LANDED

I hope you know that Yoruba culture was originally from Brazil so don't make .
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by mayusguy(m): 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
Brugge:

You my friend you just confirmed what I said in my last post. I don't know you, you don't know but you find it convenient to bring my parent into this. It says a lot about you.

Well since it is difficult for you to understand what I have been trying to do let me lay it out for you.

I post that in response to posts every human being will consider offence irrespective of whether it was provoked or not, so as to douse tension. It has become a trend on NL to see people throwing up ethnic bs on NL, and most people just feed it my getting in on it. If you keep ignoring such people am sure it will die out, but trying to engage them, will not solve it as evident on NL. The best I can do is to post my 'bs' in response to such post.

So for insulting my dad, whom you don't know and who am sure has worked hard to ensure that people like you who disrespect others and other well meaning Nigerians feel safe and live safe within our dear country to the best of his ability. I forgive you because that was how my parents raised me.

So you my friend kindly get laid asap it helps quite a lot. grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by 4rmthewest(m): 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
Dubem13:
But honestly I hate yoruba people
na d hate go kill you na.....#reppinwest

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by macof(m): 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
rhahym:
Can we just try and be Nigerians for once!!!

Read all the comments here and you would know that this is impossible

Nigeria can never have unity. ..its no use deceiving ourselves
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by pharezonome: 4:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
I've visited many blogs but I've never visited a blog that completely covers everything I need. I was surfing the net when I stumbled on this blog. At first, I was'nt optimistic about what I was gonna find inside but after I visited it for the first time. I couldn't stop but visit it over and over again everyday. I've decided not to be selfish, so I'm gonna let you visit it too and have the fun that I had.
http://www.naijaweyre..com

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Video Of Oluwo Of Iwo Rolling Weed Released By Chanel Chin, His Ex Wife / Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures / Kalabari People!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.