Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,789 members, 7,802,465 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... (4998 Views)

If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners / INEC Officer Bleeds From Head As He Announces Election Results In Rivers / Nigeria Bleeds As Pipeline Bombings, Vandalism Wreaks Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by TRUTHTOPOWER: 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

cheesy I am not treating power here yet...but if it is about body language... I hope he applies same to the economy because it isn't funny for now...

nice one. we shall see. I hope you will write a good book (in the fullness of time) like I counseled?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by 7lives: 6:48pm On Sep 12, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:

Senator McCain Campaign came crashing in 2008 when he declared that the fundamentals of the American economy was strong. Wall Street collapsed before he had time to reflect on his press statement. When you hear the slogan 'it is the economy,stu.pid' as used by Clinton, it talks about soccer mums and Joe the plumber, how their families can get mortgage, health insurance, and purchasing power.

There must be connection between your statistics and the experience in the labour force (soccer mums and Joe the plumber)

Now hear this. NBS said 54% of Nigerian Youths were unemployed. (2012) According to the stats, it translates to 30 million. So the challenge before NOI and PDP was not rebasing GDP or bringing FDI. those are measures not results in policy articulation. the challenge was drastic reduction in employment rate. These implies doing something about inflation and lending rate for the sake of the challenge not as goals or ends of economic planning. Pls read Soludo on missing trillions. ignore the stealing aspect if you are not comfortable with that just concentrate on the relationship between measures and effect
vanguardngr.com/2015/02/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-missing-trillions-1-charles-soludo/
NOI et al promised 2 million jobs per year in order to address the deficit of 30 million. by 2019, 22 million would still be unemployed. When you add new entrants of 2million per year to it. The proposal of NOI did nothing!

So what is the point of YouWin SureP, FDI. Admittedly they benifited the individuals who got slices of the national cake just as political handouts benefit party footsoldiers.

My Faith: Discipline and fear of moral reproach! That is the starting point. GEJ govt by his own admission saw nothing wrong in Fiscal rascality. he abeted felony, to wit, embezzlement and extortion, hellooooo! others are guilty is not a defence!

The task before us is having kicked out indiscipline what can we do? That is in addition to the original plan of the new administration.

However if you believed your time is better served by romancing the corpse of a dead administration, it is your choice.

By the way, where do you think NOI is and what do you think she is doing? she is writing a book to tell the world that she is not responsible for the the documented crimes you are here claiming are nonexistent. Don't ask me how I know.

Odikwa serious.

1 Like

Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by 7lives: 6:49pm On Sep 12, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

You can drop your points without blackmailing me...

Back to topic; I did no comparison...I simply responded to some lies of APC against PDP and also showed how their assertion that what we are experiencing now is because of Jonathan/PDP is highly erroneous and false ...

PDP is a platform accommodating different personalities... but I think the worst of PDP are already out and they are members of APC or consultants to APC ...PDP as it is today, is far better than APC with regard to quality of individuals and sincere leadership...

Another liar exposed.
Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by TRUTHTOPOWER: 6:51pm On Sep 12, 2015
7lives:

Odikwa serious.

Nwa'nem, na wetin I see be dat o.
Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by 7lives: 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2015
Rawani:

The failure of the Jonathan government to exploit the roof shattering oil prices over the years they were in power and the irrational depletion of our foreign reserves are critical elements of our present economic woes. Your non-acknowledgment of these twin factors dents the objectivity and balance of your piece, which informed my initial pedestrian stance on this thread.

How will he defend his paymasters if he acknowledge the bolded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2015
hinwazaka:
#INTELLIGENTSIA
Unlike the piece of crap put out yesterday by the unintelligent PASSING whatchamacallit, this is a cleverly put together article. To know where this economy is heading, all you need to do is research on the Abacha opaque government. The President, was an important member of that government, and so believes in the practices that were prevalent in that regime. In such an administration, practices such as Monopoly, scarcity, closed economy, non conformity to global economic practices, Agricultural illiteracy, nepotism, regionalism, bigotry, high mortality rate, moribund infrastructure and institutions, abuse of protocol and the law, economic madness, lack of fiscal policies E.T.C. This practices will become the order of the day, in a year from now. That is the only way PMB knows how to run a government. Youths on this platform who are in support of the President, are the next thing to a home for retards. They will be the worst hit in this government, while this practices, will surprisingly improve the businesses of the eastern elephants, who thrive better in such an environment. When the dust settles, the eyes of the blind SW's will bring out more water than the Kainji dam.

Thanks bro... @bolded cheesy grin No be small thing ooo
Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
7lives:

Another liar exposed.
How bro?
Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by 7lives: 7:00pm On Sep 12, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

There are better ways to defend the Naira than buhari is doing now...which is a repeat of mess he did in 1984/85...

1)There's no finance minister/economic team to articulate fiscal policy to complement monetary policy...

2)He's not applying 2015 expenditure hence crippling some sectors but he's using revenue from 2015...

3)His policy is already killing SME's who drive our economy... aside foreign investments or investors from JP Morgan and co...

4)China just relegated us to the background... Do you understand the cost implication to Nigeria?

5)Buhari is doing nothing and seems overwhelmed with the job...His analogue brain can't solve digital problem... He could not back then in his prime...how about now?

6)Allow naira to find its level in money market though you guide it through the path... but don't physically control it as it is done now...because the negative effect seems more than positive effect...

Uncle Tom you are entitle to your grudges with GMB, but as long as naira does not go below 240, we are still on the right track.
Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

cheesygrin Roof shattering indeed ...Now did you read this;
7lives:

Whynotthetruth:

What's the relationship between looting you used above and increasing salary thanks to NLC agitation and realities on ground which showed that 7500 a month isn't sufficient to feed a civil servant...Did agriculture not receive plausible attention that we even experienced dry season agriculture under Jonathan?.. Solid Minerals is riddled with litigations thanks to Obj though Jonathan succeeded in taking out most of them...
7lives:

6)Jonathan met about $47.7b in FR and left about $29.9b thanks to exchange rate differentials, subsidy variation, and recurrent expenditure increase. Yes, Oil sold at its peak so also did other legal expenditures. Remember, Obj paid 7500 to workers while Jonathan paid 18000(more than 150% increase); Obj paid 9700 to NYSC, Jonathan paid 19800(check percentage difference too). Not minding other great infrastructure investment like Abuja/Kaduna standard gauge, Lagos/Ibadan road, East/
West road, etc
Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2015
7lives:

Uncle Tom you are entitle to your grudges with GMB, but as long as naira does not go below 240, we are still on the right track.
4Play:

There are no free lunches in economics.You cannot defend a currency if you have insufficient foreign reserves. If you try to, you will either deplete your reserves or cause a huge divergence between the official and parallel exchange rates. A more recent and apt example was the Abacha era: 22 and 85 Naira to the dollar at the official and parallel markets respectively.
If the CBN persists in an Abacha style forex policy, forex will become scarce and the demand for forex in the official market will have to be rationed. This rationing will cause prices to go up as the previously imported goods can no longer be imported and as many importers source their forex from the parallel market. So the inflation and job losses will happen anyway. Abacha economics simply delays the inevitable, creates distortions and an attractive avenue for round tripping.
By allowing the market to set the exchange rate as has been recommended by JP Morgan, the increase in import costs curbs dollar demand naturally whilst making Nigeria an attractive destination for foreign investors as the cheaper Naira denominated assets prove a lure. It is by this means that equilibrium is achieved as the Naira finds it natural rate at a better level than would be the case if a ham-fisted attempt is made by the CBN to fix a level.
All this will be obvious in due course.
Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by TRUTHTOPOWER: 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

5)Can you be specific in what you mean by fiscal rascality and other such crimes as you listed?

7)I ask again what feeds your faith in buhari with regard to economic leadership?

The first allusions I made were to illustrate economic principles with everyday people as opposed to the guinea pig models of NOI. Guinea pig because the programmes were mere experiments in which the thesis, hypothesis and conclusion were rigged to reflect impractible economic scenario.

YouWin and SURE-P were based on high oil revenue! what if revenue crashed as it turned out? Both rescue efforts were foredoomed.

I LOVE SURE P and YouWin. but to think that anyone who read economics up to school cert could base social safety net on treacherous oil market is for me the height of insincerity. Who dare toy with destinies like that?!

The beneficiary of YouWin are grateful because it is like a jackpot. they had no collateral or interest to pay. so if the programme crashed, too bad, but but no cause of action.

SURE P labourers were not so lucky. some of them are still owed salaries or allowances of over 6 months. all because their hope was based on oil selling at over 90 dollars per barrel. the agony of dissapointment could have been addressed if NOI answered a simple question: What if the basis of our program (oil revenue) crashed?

I sat with a DG of a relevant agency in the early days of the programmes and he wandered what youths who were used to monthly sure p stipends would do if the programme crashed. Alas everyone in the racket thought the programme will at least be sustainable until after election when it would be scraped for economic exigencies. But it was just not possible to do when oil was doing 50 dollars per barrel.

The 'praise worthy' China was only too happy to cash in on our economic misfortune. Lesson for those who esteemed China as a father Xmas. Your free market at their mercy and cheap raw material is worth more than they could ever give you as loan.That is business!

I do not expect craftsmen of the whimiscal SURE P strategy to know better. mind you I said SURE P goal was good but the strategy was a textbook shipwreck right from drawing board.

I could imagine if shareholders of a company were misguided by their directord s the way NOI misguided GEJ and Nigerians, the resulting AGM will be dispersed in blackmarias and ambulances.

So much for SURE P and YouWin.

Excess Crude Account. The only body authorized to approve spending from this common purse of both Federal and State government is National Economic Council. The Council never approved spending but in a feat of fiscal rascality over 2 billion dollars was siphoned from this account.

On this I give you the full quote that "Power corrupts power, absolute power corrupts absolutely, there is no worse heresy than the view that the office sanctifies the holder of it" that decision was sanctified because the C in C commanded it according to NOI.

Private jets for minister of petroleum. haba we celebrate what sane societies consider as infamy. let British PM or Sec of Energy in US or praiseworthy Chinese minister try that in their country. I tell you, it would be more tolerable for Anini if that were done by them.

My brother, before man and God, if these corrupt acts were isolated, to one or two places some of us wld give GEJ a second look. Even PMB will tell Tinubu to give GEJ a chance. But everywhere you turn, you are mocked by people who wander at the necessity of writing proposal when you could just take the money by shouting GEJ till 2019.

It was as bad as hapless job seekers being swindled on recruitment fee, soldieis not being properly paid an equipped, etc.

Oh thieves are everywhere. And so what? why can't there be "honour among thieves" (pls Google this. and if possible read up Jeffrey Archer for prosaic illustration)

In light of the above you should see that our anger is purely based on lack of respect for GEJ and from GEJ, the Office he Occupied and ultimately the people who gave him a popular mandate in 2011.

My faith therefore is that we now have a President who respects us, respects himself, and he his respected (or dreaded) by all public servants. A president who suffers no fool gladly. as a public servant under his control you can try flouting laid down rule a and regulations at your own peril.

I know there are people who voted for PMB based on religious and ethnic sentiments. Many GEJ supporters also did this. But for many of us it was purely a democratic transaction. majority Public servants had become enemies of progress PMB is famous for taking on these class of criminals. Naturally, if I want to make progress, PMB is my choice not the man under whom Things Fell Apart. Why Anyone should take this transaction personal is what I don't understand.

PMB Economic management. once there is discipline, progress will either come from public initiative or private endeavours. that is my faith.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by Ezemust: 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:

The first allusions I made were to illustrate economic principles with everyday people as opposed to the guinea pig models of NOI. Guinea pig because the programmes were mere experiments in which the thesis, hypothesis and conclusion were rigged to reflect impractible economic scenario.

YouWin and SURE-P were based on high oil revenue! what if revenue crashed as it turned out? Both rescue efforts were foredoomed.

I LOVE SURE P and YouWin. but to think that anyone who read economics up to school cert could base social safety net on treacherous oil market is for me the height of insincerity. Who dare toy with destinies like that?!

The beneficiary of YouWin are grateful because it is like a jackpot. they had no collateral or interest to pay. so if the programme crashed, too bad, but but no cause of action.

SURE P labourers were not so lucky. some of them are still owed salaries or allowances of over 6 months. all because their hope was based on oil selling at over 90 dollars per barrel. the agony of dissapointment could have been addressed if NOI answered a simple question: What if the basis of our program (oil revenue) crashed?

I sat with a DG of a relevant agency in the early days of the programmes and he wandered what youths who were used to monthly sure p stipends would do if the programme crashed. Alas everyone in the racket thought the programme will at least be sustainable until after election when it would be scraped for economic exigencies. But it was just not possible to do when oil was doing 50 dollars per barrel.

The 'praise worthy' China was only too happy to cash in on our economic misfortune. Lesson for those who esteemed China as a father Xmas. Your free market at their mercy and cheap raw material is worth more than they could ever give you as loan.That is business!

I do not expect craftsmen of the whimiscal SURE P strategy to know better. mind you I said SURE P goal was good but the strategy was a textbook shipwreck right from drawing board.

I could imagine if shareholders of a company were misguided by their directord s the way NOI misguided GEJ and Nigerians, the resulting AGM will be dispersed in blackmarias and ambulances.

Excess Crude Account. The only body authorized to approve spending from this common purse of both Federal and State government is National Economic Council. The Council never approved spending but in a feat of fiscal rascality over 2 billion dollars was siphoned from this account.

On this I give you the full quote that "Power corrupts power, absolute power corrupts absolutely, there is no worse heresy than the view that the office sanctifies the holder of it" that decision was sanctified because the C in C commanded it according to NOI.

Private jets for minister of petroleum. haba we celebrate what sane societies consider as infamy. let British PM or Sec of Energy in US or praiseworthy Chinese minister try that in their country. I tell you, it would be more tolerable for Anini if that were done by them.

My brother, before man and God, if these corrupt acts were isolated, to one or two places some of us wld give GEJ a second look. Even PMB will tell Tinubu to give GEJ a chance. But everywhere you turn, you are mocked by people who wander at the necessity of writing proposal when you could just take the money by shouting GEJ till 2019.

It was as bad as hapless job seekers being swindled on recruitment fee, soldieis not being properly paid an equipped, etc.

Oh thieves are everywhere. And so what? why can't there be "honour among thieves" (pls Google this. and if possible read up Jeffrey Archer for prosaic illustration)

In light of the above you should see that our anger is purely based on lack of respect for GEJ and from GEJ, the Office he Occupied and ultimately the people who gave him a popular mandate in 2011.

My faith therefore is that we now have a President who respects us, respects himself, and he his respected (or dreaded) by all public servants. A president who suffers no fool gladly. as a public servant under his control you can try flouting laid down rule a and regulations at your own peril.

I know there are people who voted for PMB based on religious and ethnic sentiments. Many GEJ supporters also did this. But for many of us it was purely a democratic transaction. majority Public servants had become enemies of progress PMB is famous for taking on these class of criminals. Naturally, if I want to make progress, PMB is my choice not the man under whom Things Fell Apart. Why Anyone should take this transaction personal is what I don't understand.

PMB Economic management. once there is discipline, progress will either come from public initiative or private endeavours. that is my faith.

your assumption is your assertion. your baseless assumptions is quite unbecoming.you clearly points out the ill of Gej and Noi the way you reasons and cleverly omitte any good. typical apc yes man.
Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by TRUTHTOPOWER: 11:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ezemust:
your assumption is your assertion. your baseless assumptions is quite unbecoming.you clearly points out the ill of Gej and Noi the way you reasons and cleverly omitte any good. typical apc yes man.

Since you are on nairaland I will also assume you can comprehend a passage if you want and ignore it if you wish.

You GEJites do more wailing than talking. You behave like children who keep shouting "bobo juice is sweet" "who took my bobo" when you have opportunity to grow up and start a brewery or a distillery and turn lemon to lemonade. lol same set of GEJites want juicy posts. it is all about juice!

If you know your enemy as required in any battle, be it intellectual, political or physical, you will not lose battles like simpletons. Even if you lose, you would still be a worthy adversary or opponent.

I know you have the comprehensive capacity to be a worthy challenger and not a mere practice target in addressing grassroots tantrums.

Hence, whenever you read a post that challenges economic fundamentals of GEJ, whether you agree with it or not do not see it as partisan.
2. Never project good things of GEJ as a response to bad things of GEJ. each aspect of him can be discussed on their own merit.
3. GEJ is a person so is PMB, so move your debate to issues that concern you as a citizen. PDP spent its valuable time attacking APC personalities whilst APC cleverly led them on distracting them from the voters who will thumbprint the card readers and ballot papers
As at these moment, PDP has no central idea that will galvanize voters except a benighted call for fair hearing in corruption trial.
4. Bottomline,: develop a central idea you believe is lacking but compelling. build alliance around it. bingo APC has worthy challenger!

But wailing about lopsided appointment, unfairness of corruption and mocking a govt that is blocking leakeages for now is as good as resigning to mediocrity and perpetual 'wailinghood'

mind you, you can caution govt at the early stage if you have fears about its course of action. but when you tend to compare it with the past with a view to praising GEJ and mocking PMB, your fate as a wailer is forever sealed.

so rise up and take up number 4 above. Don't make APC think Nigerians have no credible or worthy alternative!
Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by TRUTHTOPOWER: 10:18pm On Sep 13, 2015
4Play:

By allowing the market to set the exchange rate as has been recommended by JP Morgan, the increase in import costs curbs dollar demand naturally whilst making Nigeria an attractive destination for foreign investors as the cheaper Naira denominated assets prove a lure. It is by this means that equilibrium is achieved as the Naira finds it natural rate at a better level than would be the case if a ham-fisted attempt is made by the CBN to fix a level.

All this will be obvious in due course.

Whynotthetruth:

Thanks bro...

Cc. TruthtoPower ... 989900

The problem with Wall Street bankers such as JP Morgan is total disconnect from latent but potent variables of macro-economics. little wander they continually engage in capitalist revelry until social factors burst their bubbles. Every economic recession/depression is traced to these disingenuous concepts. Roosevelt literally shut down banks to pull America out of the Great Depression . Alan Greenspan and Ben Bernanke , had to eat the humble pie of efficient market fairy tale when recession reached its abysmal nadir under George Bush in 2008.

Nigeria is in recession and as usual JP Morgan idea of perfect-market-self-regulation which never worked cannot help us.
read: mobile.nytimes.com/2009/09/06/magazine/06Economic-t.html?referrer=

The foremost critic of what you profess as the solution is a Nobel laureat, Prof Paul Krugman. see his profile before you compare him to World Bank operatives.
Read https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Krugman

If South Korea had had looked the way of Wall Street bond speculators (euphemistically referred to as investors) for advice its per capital would still be lower than Senagal. By 2005 South Korea had the 12th largest economy and her per Capita income overtook Senegal by nearly 1000% margin. They adjusted their balance of trade through drastic import substuition and invested heavily in education. The former can be achieved by CBN policy whilst the latter can be achieved by PMB proposal for increased capital expenditure.
Today whilst South Korea is hailed as a miracle, Wall street goons are coming out of "shock" as a result of the "collapse" of their "intellectual edifice" the bolded are attributed to Alan Greenspan. read the reference supplied - very long but highly engaging.

Now I understand why NOI did little to fix unemployment. Alas these Neo-classical economists actually believed that unemployment is a necessary index of development and it should not be fixed beyond its natural level.

Our advice to CBN is that it should pursue more rigorous fiscal policies as against monetary policies in the medium term and long term. Half measures will doom the march to recovery.

Every single lesson from recession indicates that equilibrium of exchange rate is not in anyway a function of market forces but a deliberate control of Purchasing Power dynamics by public instuition.

My advice to PMB critics is that the must endeavour to read beyond talking points of his chief detractors and to study the issues they intend to debate. All that I read from you guys are remarks on the symptoms of a our socioeconomic syndrome. The problem we have is beyond a couple of investors being disappointed over appointments or bonds. it is about the fundamentals that produce both bonds and and appointments.

When we hear you wail over these trifles, we feel reassured of our privilege to continue to dictate the pace of development until such time that you can come up with something original and fundamentally compelling.
Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:35pm On Sep 14, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:

Lots of sentiments and misinformation...Bored or too lazy to pick them on cheesy Folks like you either out of ignorance or sheer naivety arrogate power of invincibility to buhari...Enjoy it all if it gives the feel good effect cheesy
Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by kaboninc(m): 8:46pm On Sep 14, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:

At least you spent time typing something.

But what you ended up writing was useless. Lies, misinformation, sentiments were all that you wrote.

Keep up the good work bro.
Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by kaboninc(m): 8:48pm On Sep 14, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Lots of sentiments and misinformation...Bored or too lazy to pick them on cheesy Folks like you either out of ignorance or sheer naivety arrogate power of invincibility to buhari...Enjoy it all if it gives the feel good effect cheesy

He's still in wonderland...somewhere in Asgard.

I think same place with that Joseph guy.

Allow them. When they realised that there's no water in the desert, then they'll start drilling for crude oil.
Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:02pm On Sep 14, 2015
kaboninc:

He's still in wonderland...somewhere in Asgard.

I think same place with that Joseph guy.

Allow them. When they realised that there's no water in the desert, then they'll start drilling for crude oil.

Wow...how come we made same observation in TruthtoPower guy at same time cheesy And he has penchant for epistle writing like Gbawe ...its well sha
Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by kaboninc(m): 9:40pm On Sep 14, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Wow...how come we made same observation in TruthtoPower guy at same time cheesy And he has penchant for epistle writing like Gbawe ...its well sha

It is well.

We're watching how they'll fund their own safety net programs. Where they'll get funds to feed every school children, provide 5k to over 25 million Nigerians, create 720k jobs maybe per day or year, ensure that NYSC members are paid stipends after service. At least, we saw the source of GEJ's funds.

In the fullness of time, we'll see about that of President Buhari and his Chief Economic Adviser, Truthtopower

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by TRUTHTOPOWER: 7:48pm On May 28, 2018
TRUTHTOPOWER:

Senator McCain Campaign came crashing in 2008 when he declared that the fundamentals of the American economy was strong. Wall Street collapsed before he had time to reflect on his press statement. When you hear the slogan 'it is the economy,stu.pid' as used by Clinton, it talks about soccer mums and Joe the plumber, how their families can get mortgage, health insurance, and purchasing power.

There must be connection between your statistics and the experience in the labour force (soccer mums and Joe the plumber)

Now hear this. NBS said 54% of Nigerian Youths were unemployed. (2012) According to the stats, it translates to 30 million. So the challenge before NOI and PDP was not rebasing GDP or bringing FDI. those are measures not results in policy articulation. the challenge was drastic reduction in employment rate. These implies doing something about inflation and lending rate for the sake of the challenge not as goals or ends of economic planning. Pls read Soludo on missing trillions. ignore the stealing aspect if you are not comfortable with that just concentrate on the relationship between measures and effect
vanguardngr.com/2015/02/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-missing-trillions-1-charles-soludo/
NOI et al promised 2 million jobs per year in order to address the deficit of 30 million. by 2019, 22 million would still be unemployed. When you add new entrants of 2million per year to it. The proposal of NOI did nothing!

So what is the point of YouWin SureP, FDI. Admittedly they benifited the individuals who got slices of the national cake just as political handouts benefit party footsoldiers.

My Faith: Discipline and fear of moral reproach! That is the starting point. GEJ govt by his own admission saw nothing wrong in Fiscal rascality. he abeted felony, to wit, embezzlement and extortion, hellooooo! others are guilty is not a defence!

The task before us is having kicked out indiscipline what can we do? That is in addition to the original plan of the new administration.

However if you believed your time is better served by romancing the corpse of a dead administration, it is your choice.

By the way, where do you think NOI is and what do you think she is doing? she is writing a book to tell the world that she is not responsible for the the documented crimes you are here claiming are nonexistent. Don't ask me how I know.

I predicted in 2015 that NOI was writing a book to exonerate herself. 2018 she released "Fighting Corruption is Dangerous"
Re: As Nigeria's Economy Bleeds... by Cjrane2: 8:27pm On May 28, 2018
APC are a bunch of criminals.

Like Buhari, APC politicians figured that the best way to distract Nigerians when you are looting the government treasury is to always complain there is "No money" and "Blame" someone for the corruption.

Once you do that, you can steal as much as you like and Nigerians will never even notice what you stole as they are focused on a previous regime.

Great tactics that has worked in fooling Nigerians!

Nigerians have taken the poisonous bait of APC and the country is in trouble

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Charred remains of suicide bomber blown apart by troops in Maiduguri 2day(Pics) / Reno Omokri Calls Out Nairaland!!! / Failure To Pay Project Counterpart Funds May Plunge Anambra Into Food Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.