Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre (18314 Views)

Ooni, Enitan Ogunwusi, Returns From The Forest With The Traditional Crown / Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards / TD Jakes ,forrest Whitaker And Other Foreign Celebs Of Nigerian Descent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 5:55pm On Apr 07, 2009
Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba of Nkwerre (Brother that is abroad of Nkwerre)

Chief Danny Glover, Enyioma of Nkwerre (Good friend of Nkwerre)

Forest Whitaker had taken a test showing that his paternal ancestry hailed from the Igbo people of Southeastern Nigeria.

*** Note ***

"there are only 30 Nkwerre chiefs in the whole world" The eldest Anyiam-Osigwe said this, so it is not a throw away title.
http://odili.net/news/source/2009/apr/11/306.html

Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by romeo(m): 6:15pm On Apr 07, 2009
LoL cheesy cheesy
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by otele(m): 6:30pm On Apr 07, 2009
otele mgbeke shocked shocked shocked shocked

kedu oge nke a ji mee grin grin

ndi a yichakwara ndi be anyi o cheesy but ihe a o wu eziokwu , ka o wu film trick cheesy
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by iReport: 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2009
Nollywood and tribalism undecided undecided

Is that Danny Glover?
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 6:42pm On Apr 07, 2009
iReport:

Is that Danny Glover?

Forest Whitaker is Igbo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_Whitaker#Personal_life

1 Like

Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by tpia: 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2009
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 6:52pm On Apr 07, 2009
tpia:

the whites who received African chieftancy titles nko?

Are they also negroes?

Show them to me before you ask me.

[img]http://s02.flagcounter.com/count/ps2/bg=FCFCFC/txt=5E5E5E/border=CCCCCC/columns=6/maxflags=248/viewers=0/labels=1/[/img]
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by iReport: 6:52pm On Apr 07, 2009
Forest Whitaker is Igbo
Phew   undecided undecided undecided
He got to nkerrre because of Nollywood and nothing more. undecided undecided
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by tpia: 6:53pm On Apr 07, 2009
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 6:58pm On Apr 07, 2009
iReport:

Phew   undecided undecided undecided
He got to nkerrre because of Nollywood and nothing more. undecided undecided

What's my business? Your writing as if I care that much, he's Igbo, he got a chieftancy title (a relevant one), big deal, get over it!

tpia:

you dont know any whites with Nigerian chieftancy titles?

If I did I wouldn't have asked you . . . . . . (that is to white people who did not do anything to warrant a chieftancy title)

1 Like

Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by tpia: 7:01pm On Apr 07, 2009
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2009
tpia:

well, there plenty of white people with valid and authentic Nigerian chieftancy titles.

you're free to disbelieve me however. Or give it your own spin.

I don't care that much . . . . .
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by Afam4eva(m): 7:08pm On Apr 07, 2009
iReport:

Is that Danny Glover?

What do u mean by nollywoood and tribalism

1 Like

Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by iReport: 7:17pm On Apr 07, 2009
Is tribalism not found in Nollywood?. Forrest Whittaker went to Nigeria for AMAA awards and somehow found himself at Nkerrre. I am no fool. undecided undecided
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2009
iReport:

Is tribalism not found in Nollywood?. Forrest Whittaker went to Nigeria for AMAA awards and somehow found himself at Nkerrre. I am no fool. undecided undecided

So he should have gone to Lagos instead to get his Igbo chieftaincy title?

1 Like

Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by presido1: 7:21pm On Apr 07, 2009
I love their dancing step, I think they are dancing IGBA EZE.

iReport:

Itz not Nkerrre itz NKWERRE, Do u need chieftancy?

1 Like

Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by Afam4eva(m): 7:22pm On Apr 07, 2009
iReport:

Were should he have been taken to.

1 Like

Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 07, 2009
this is not a surprise. he told oprah that he is from the south east.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by iReport: 7:23pm On Apr 07, 2009

So he should have gone to Lagos instead to get his Igbo chieftaincy title?
Not exactly rather it's the principle behind the chieftancy that matters.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 7:23pm On Apr 07, 2009
iReport:

Not exactly rather it's the principle behind the chieftancy that matters.

And that is . . . . .
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by iReport: 7:23pm On Apr 07, 2009
this is not a surprise. he told oprah that he is from the south east.
Do you also know that Will Smith is Yoruba?
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by iReport: 7:24pm On Apr 07, 2009
And that is . . . .
The principle behind it and why you posted it here in the first place. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by tpia: 7:25pm On Apr 07, 2009
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 7:34pm On Apr 07, 2009
iReport:

The principle behind it and why you posted it here in the first place. undecided undecided undecided

I still don't understand, why shouldn't I post it here?
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by iReport: 7:36pm On Apr 07, 2009

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 7:39pm On Apr 07, 2009
iReport:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Look me. . . . . . . . . . Have you seen me? Good.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 7:39pm On Apr 07, 2009
tpia:

definitely not in this particular context.

Definitely not. . . . (whatever that means)
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by iReport: 8:06pm On Apr 07, 2009
Look me. . . . . . . . . . Have you seen me? Good.
Wharreva undecided undecided
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by platinumnk(f): 9:24pm On Apr 07, 2009
[size=4pt]jealousy of the igbo nation[/size]

Congrats Forest

When is Morgan Freeman's Turn? grin grin grin grin

Will Smith Yoruba?? ha- but then again maybe?

But in wikipedia it stated that most AA descendants are from the Igbo tribe, because the women were the most wanted by the slave traders. No joke oh~
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by tpia: 12:52am On Apr 08, 2009
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 1:39am On Apr 08, 2009
tpia:

osisis's substitute is here.

Anyway, @ topic

I'm sure most of you want to make this a tribal thing.

Fact is, getting a chieftancy title in Nigeria isnt news to most people. Abiola alone had over 100 titles from every tribe in the country.

Even if the thread was showcasing Yaradua receiving  a chieftaincy title in Ezeagu's hometown, people will still comment. Likewise if it were Ezeagu himself being installed chief rainmaker in Ogbomosho, you'll still get the same kind of talk.

na today people dey get chieftancy title? Lots more where that came from.

Next time an Oscar winner is given a chieftancy title in Nigeria, call me.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by OgidiBoy(m): 1:50am On Apr 08, 2009
I can only imagine how many poor cows and he-goats they slaughtered for that event sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cameroonian Food / Beautiful Hausa / Fulani / Kanuri Brides / Emir Of Tsafe, Habibu Aliyu Is Dead, Survived By 25 Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.