Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,019 members, 7,799,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard (48494 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) / Apc Mourns Alamieyeseigha - Vanguard / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by myners007: 2:36am On Sep 12, 2015
TEN years after, the anger arising from the impeachment and subsequent imprisonment of former Bayelsa State Governor, Diepreye Solomon Peter Alamie-yeseigha by former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration is still reverberating even though Alamieyeseigha claims he has forgiven Obasanjo.

Obasanjo and Alamieyeseigha
Alamieyeseigha, who spoke to Saturday Vanguard in his country home in Yenagoa, said that he had forgiven all those who plotted and sent him to jail purely for political reasons even though the experience remains very painful to him.

The former governor was impeached and removed from office in December 2005 and was subsequently sent to jail for alleged mismanagement of Bayelsa State funds.

Some of his property alleged to have been secured with stolen funds in and outside Nigeria were confiscated and given to Bayelsa State by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) working in conjunction with foreign security agencies.

But Alamieyeseigha, who was granted state pardon by his former deputy governor and immediate past President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, last year, said that Obasanjo has not known peace because of the role he played in events leading to his impeachment, arrest and subsequent imprisonment.

He recalled that Obasanjo nearly fainted the first time he met him after his release from prison. He said the former president, who met him accidentally at the Katsina Airport became jittery on seeing him and managed to shake hands with him. Alamieyeseigha said: “I have forgiven all those who plotted against me, including former President Obasanjo. I know all those who plotted against me and sent me to jail. I cannot be living in the past as it does not help me in any way.

“What I passed through is painful all right but it would not have happened if it was not permitted by God. It is even more important to me that I am still alive today because I passed through many shadows of the valleys of death and still came out of them. ‘’I have met Obasanjo at very close quarters twice since I came out of prison.

I did not know that he was at the VIP Lounge at the Katsina Airport to attend the marriage of the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua’s daughter. Obasanjo came face to face with me at the airport when I went to use one of the rest rooms. It happened that as I opened the door to ease myself, I saw Obasanjo sitting face to face with me and he almost passed out.

“But I held his hands. He was scared and he felt uneasy all through. Then he began to ask ‘DSP, DSP, DSP! What have I done to deserve shaking your hands?’ There were many people there, one of them was Kenny Martins, the then chairman of the Police Equipment Fund.

“I told Obasanjo ‘I was only shaking you for two reasons: one-because of the fear of the Almighty God, who created us and two, for the fact that I am the Ganuma Katsina and you are a visitor to my emirate and tradition demands that I should welcome visitors’. “That prompted Kenny to get up also and greet me, saying ‘great leader, great leader’ and he came and hugged me.’’

The former governor said his second post-prison encounter with Obasanjo took place aboard a Dubai-bound flight where the former president met him seated in the business class and addressed him as ‘Fayose’ out of fear . His words: “The second encounter with Obasanjo was when we met on a flight going to Dubai. When Obasanjo came, I was already seated in the Business Class and he had no choice but to greet me.

But because of possible fear of seeing me, Obasanjo called out ‘Fayose, Fayose, Fayose.’ I protested to him that I am not Fayose and I said: ‘Former President Olusegun Matthew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo, you are a devil incarnate.’ “I warned him not to talk again or he would face my anger. And I tell you, throughout the flight he could not say anything to me.

The only thing Obasanjo managed to say was to ask me whether I was the only one who had ever been sent to the prison. ‘DSP, is it only you that entered prison? Don’t you remember that I was also imprisoned? You entered prison and I also did.’’ In spite of his criticism of the former president, Alamieyeseigha, still has some kind words for Obasanjo.

Describing Obasanjo as a leader, who keeps his word and works hard, the former governor said he has a dossier on Obasanjo and would reveal it in his forthcoming memoirs to enable Nigerians know what the man had been doing since 1966.

“But one thing I know about Obasanjo is that he is a leader. If Obasanjo gives you his word, it remains his bond. You can call him any time of the night, and he will pick his phone directly.

He is ready to sit with you on how to solve a problem but he would not allow you to talk. That is the type of character he is. I have a dossier on Obasanjo and I will expose him and Nigerians will read it in my memoir,” Alamieyeseigha said.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/obasanjo-almost-fainted-day-i-shook-hands-with-him-alamieyeseigha/

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by 5starmilitant: 2:39am On Sep 12, 2015
South will always be south! pulling each others down, while the north stand by the north. Even with abacha's loots, Buhari was still defending him. Now his anti-corruption witch hunt is on, all the probed northerners(from nyako to dansuki) have gone to court and they were all granted bails. Now both the dss, efcc, and other security agencies have been parading the south south and south east looking for any means to drag some political chieftains to prison..... Very funny how some southerners rain curses when a southerner is being falsely accused.

It's obvious the prisons buhari has been ranting about is for southerners only becos I don't really see any northerner going to jail.

Plz nobody should quote me o, I never see light since yesterday. No ba3.

146 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by IVORY2009(m): 2:47am On Sep 12, 2015
Obj
Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by iamboody(m): 2:54am On Sep 12, 2015
Hear rubbish, Obasanjo almost fainted. How do you know if a person is about to faint, if Obasanjo has a second chance again am sure he will still deal with you. Abi you no steal Bayelsa money ni?

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by DONMAYOR19(m): 2:57am On Sep 12, 2015
Obj the devil incarnate, and that's how he also set up ibori for working against him for his quest of going for third term then. Your cup go soon full obj. U have done more evil in Nigeria than good.

Thief

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by kejes10: 3:01am On Sep 12, 2015
OK oh,I'm waiting to read it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by Imortal001: 3:02am On Sep 12, 2015
Ur own na play!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by fromnigeria(m): 3:07am On Sep 12, 2015
Is it a lie Did you not mismanage Bayelsa state fund
I donk think anyone owes you any apology.

170 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by Audinowing(m): 3:10am On Sep 12, 2015
Storyyy...

But are you innocent of the charges for which you were sent to prison?

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by Nobody: 3:14am On Sep 12, 2015
fromnigeria:
Is it a lie Did you not mismanage Bayelsa state fund

I donk think anyone owes you any apology.

If I may ask, didnt Obasanjo mismanage our Country's fund? Now, everyone sees him as a saint cause he did it and got away with it. #spits#

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by AdeniyiA(m): 3:32am On Sep 12, 2015
Did you steal or not ?
if you truly stole, then your imprisonment was justified undecided

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by fromnigeria(m): 3:37am On Sep 12, 2015
Benswaggy:

If I may ask, didnt Obasanjo mismanage our Country's fund? Now, everyone sees him as a saint cause he did it and got away with it. #spits#
that one Na your own.

32 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by oluwafemi113(m): 3:51am On Sep 12, 2015
In other news
Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by Nobody: 3:59am On Sep 12, 2015
Bros,u can lie oh. U whey sneak cummot from UK dressed as a woman still dey open mouth yarn dust.
Person whey no reach OBJ socks dey claim champion. Abeg next.

115 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by Nobody: 4:18am On Sep 12, 2015
Typical description of what Obj can do no doubt. However, it doesn't change the fact that DSP Alams was found wanted in corruption. undecided

25 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by Lordtrillion(m): 4:41am On Sep 12, 2015
Hmmm.
Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by gunpoint(m): 4:41am On Sep 12, 2015
This Alams and Jona musta been on the same substance undecided

12 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by Nobody: 4:47am On Sep 12, 2015
He should forgive himself first by failing to repent after going to jail for graft. He came out and carried on in his old way under GEJ.

#StealingIsNotCorruption

This men and megalomania grin grin. He said he was the Ganuma of Katsina and had to welcome Obasanjo to his emirate.

One other thing...

What was Obasanjo and Kenny Martins doing, sitting in a toilet? They were all comfortable and getting up to shake each others hand in there.
Epic

44 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by funlord(m): 5:21am On Sep 12, 2015
grin
Wetin this bloody izon thief dey talk abeg?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by 3rdeye1(m): 5:40am On Sep 12, 2015
Baba iyabo.. Irunmole ton wo aircraft. .. The 'fayose, fayose' was so funny to me.. DSP is truly bleeding.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by BlackBaron: 5:41am On Sep 12, 2015
Here's a criminal asking why he was sent to jail...albeit released prematurely.

Thieving ex governor that still can't board an international flight.

31 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by permsec: 5:45am On Sep 12, 2015
Backstabers are only effective at ur back.

He used his office to sentence a man to jail, which other way can you define corruption.

Btw, U sef thief money wey dem for use develop bayelsa cum dress like Mama peace tear race.

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by Yazmin: 5:49am On Sep 12, 2015
Alameisegha wants to launch an auto biography. This is just to entice potential readers.
Abeg seun,when the book is finally out,send a copy to Nairaland front page..... grin

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by Warlord3000(m): 6:04am On Sep 12, 2015
Bunch of comic relief cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by Savigne(f): 6:11am On Sep 12, 2015
Kworrupt Individual

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by JohnFrankling(m): 6:24am On Sep 12, 2015
The olotu of olotus have spoken

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by angelTI(f): 6:24am On Sep 12, 2015
Did Alamiesegha actually said all these? If true, he is damn shameless!

Arrant nonsense!!!!

22 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by handie(m): 6:37am On Sep 12, 2015
Lolz. Just imagine Obasanjo being scared of a cockroach like DSP. Oga, OBJ has fought more political battles than u ever can imagine. I put it to you sir that obasanjo being afraid of you is as a result of you imagining that you're a lion in the jungle(while u're just a damn house rat).... And ur impeachment and subsequent imprisonment wasn't political. Stop deceiving yourself. You were corrupt and you rightly suffered for it..... I no blame u sha. It's that boy Jonathan that gave u a state pardon that I blame

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by ayindejimmy(m): 6:44am On Sep 12, 2015
Benswaggy:

There is a day of reckoning for every corrupt politicians.
Who called Obj a saint?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by kuuljay(m): 6:54am On Sep 12, 2015
once a thief always a thief

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Fainted Day I Shook Hands With Him – Alamieyeseigha.Vanguard by rusher14: 7:01am On Sep 12, 2015
DSP you are a recalcitrant, unrepentant thief
You have stolen from my Izon brothers and sisters yet you have the effrontery to make statements about your incarceration.

A presidential pardon is not pardon from the people.

Yes, you were fortunate to have your protégé as president so your liberty has been regained but not so your dignity. You have none.

Woe unto you and any that supports your thieving antecedents.

Obasanjo is no better and certainly would meet is comeuppance but in this matter he served right.

37 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kaduna Youths React To Nnamdi Kanu's Proposed Visit To Kaduna / Moment APC Women Leader Jumoke Okoya-thomas Turns Arise TV Interview To Comedy / Ganduje Visits Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse III (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.