Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff (41961 Views)

Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr / Konga Sacks Over 70% Of Staff / Banks To Sack Staff In Second Quarter – Rewane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by SeverusSnape(m): 7:54am On Sep 12, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

U are a bloody hypocrite!
Those ya friends & acquintances includin u are all thieves stealin Naijas collective common wealth buh thank God 4 Buhari, dem go soon admit u 4 kirikiri hospital!
See your head grin

Come carry me go na, Buhari is a toothless mongrel, He will only bark, but he'll never bite.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:57am On Sep 12, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
Honestly Buhari administration is becoming hell ooooo, Chai I wish i had seen this bcoming before casting my vote
Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by otokx(m): 8:00am On Sep 12, 2015
This looks like an attempt at cheap blackmail.
Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 12, 2015
frankyychiji:
Still a skewed analogy.
A top CBN official's point of view and Your point of view.
We know who's view counts and is respected, Its certainly not yours

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by SmartMugu: 8:03am On Sep 12, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Since Buhari came on board, thousands of Jobs have been lost. But the dull'ard promised two million jobs annually. Maybe he meant the opposite. Because he can be confused most of the times.

I just hope my friends who are Bankers won't be sacked.
I still don't understand why people are quick to call Buhari a dullard. This is a former head of state and current president. Through his career, he has achieved at least one or two things than some people's fathers. Yet, some folks would spit out "dullard" when they cant use the same word for their own dads.
What makes him a dullard? This man has only been in office for less than 4 months. Whether anyone likes it or not, he is a leader at the moment and deserves to be respected as one

I kinda have a problem with the use of that word when I know some of the posters that are quick to use that word have dads with no known achievements. Yet they are quick to call someone else's dad dullard and bow to their own dads no matter how dumb he is.

I'm not tied to the 'dullard' in anyway, I'm just talking about courtesy and respect for elders/leaders.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by frankyychiji(f): 8:03am On Sep 12, 2015
Axeurdaddy:

A top CBN official's point of view and Your point of view.

We know who's view counts and is respected, Its certainly not yours
Warreva rocks your boat bro.
Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by mkoabiola: 8:03am On Sep 12, 2015
Every adminstration with his worst policy,thus affecting d masses /workers indirectly

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by Jwhizzy(m): 8:04am On Sep 12, 2015
frankyychiji:
I disagree with you on this. Are you saying Pro-apc states were not favored in the banks lending. How come states like Lagos, ogun, osun finished the last tenure with a huge debt profile? You are also insensitive to the attendant challenges sudden loss of job brings to bear on the affected persons.

Buhari was not circumspect in the enforcement of that policy.

You fail to see the point. I said lending was skewed in favour of the pro-pdp politicians and their businesses. At no time did I say no lending was done to APC states. You say I'm insensitive to the effect. Bro, I'm just being a realist. The TSA is a much needed initiative. Or don't you agree? The government has no control over how banks decide to react to a change in where and how government wants to keep its revenue.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by Folksyharry(m): 8:06am On Sep 12, 2015
Now we will know if the banks are really as strong as we've made to think

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by Ijaya123: 8:06am On Sep 12, 2015
I don't believe this story. So the affected banks don't have names?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by Fourwinds: 8:07am On Sep 12, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Since Buhari came on board, thousands of Jobs have been lost. But the dull'ard promised two million jobs annually. Maybe he meant the opposite. Because he can be confused most of the times.

I just hope my friends who are Bankers won't be sacked.
u have a problem with reasoning. sometimes last year., some of these banks down size.. So can u tell me the reason or was GEJ responsible.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by Jwhizzy(m): 8:08am On Sep 12, 2015
SmartMugu:

I still don't understand why people are quick to call Buhari a dullard. This is a former head of state and current president. Through his career, he has achieved at least one or two things than some people's fathers. Yet, some folks would spit out "dullard" when they cant use the same word for their own dads.
What makes him a dullard? This man has only been in office for less than 4 months. Whether anyone likes it or not, he is a leader at the moment and deserves to be respected as one

I kinda have a problem with the use of that word when I know some of the posters that are quick to use that word have dads with no known achievements. Yet they are quick to call someone else's dad dullard and bow to their own dads no matter how dumb he is.

I'm not tied to the 'dullard' in anyway, I'm just talking about courtesy and respect for elders/leaders.

LMAO. See you letting trolls get under your skin. Ask yourself if their opinions are comparable to the opinion of a fair and reasonable person. If you can't answer in the affirmative, ignore and move on.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by criminalmindz: 8:10am On Sep 12, 2015
I hope more yorubas lose their jobs. Stupid cowards. Hope ur enjoying the change now

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:12am On Sep 12, 2015
SeverusSnape:

See your head grin

Come carry me go na, Buhari is a toothless mongrel, He will only bark, but he'll never bite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by frankyychiji(f): 8:13am On Sep 12, 2015
Jwhizzy:

You fail to see the point. I said lending was skewed in favour of the pro-pdp politicians and their businesses. At no time did I say no lending was done to APC states. You say I'm insensitive to the effect. Bro, I'm just being a realist. The TSA is a much needed initiative. Or don't you agree? The government has no control over how banks decide to react to a change in where and how government wants to keep its revenue.
You are the one not seeing the point and you are still continuing in your insensitivity. Of what good is a government without a viable banking sector? The TSA is a beautiful initiative, I merely called for circumspection in its implementation so that we don't create more problems in trying to solve one.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by Bevista: 8:15am On Sep 12, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Is that so... I have friends who have lost their jobs and means of lively hood since Buhari took over, Just four months!
The reason for the sack is because of withdrawal of government funds from banks. Before you blame PMB, are you faulting the idea of a Treasury Single Account (TSA)? Mind you, some of you claim the idea was started by GEJ.

In my opinion, the job losses are regrettable, but a necessary cost to instill accountability in the system. I can even argue that the previous fraudulent system provided jobs for a few persons in the banking industry at the expense of more jobs that could have been provided to many Nigerians through the proper deployment of those funds.

Just maybe banks will now begin to go into the business of supporting the Real Economy, rather than just depend on cheap government funds for profit.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:16am On Sep 12, 2015
criminalmindz:
I hope more yorubas lose their jobs. Stupid cowards. Hope ur enjoying the change now
See PAINment! smiley

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by Setaje(f): 8:18am On Sep 12, 2015
And I read a story here on nairaland about two bankers wanting to marry each other. Hmmmmmn. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by chyket(m): 8:20am On Sep 12, 2015
Its a pity that some people will have to loose their jobs but banks in Nigeria will now have to sit up and do proper banking.The era of sitting on fat government accounts and investing it in trasury bills is over.The banks must finance businesses now or they will go under.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by Fourwinds: 8:22am On Sep 12, 2015
frankyychiji:
Gej issued that directive on TSA when he held sway but hadn't enforced its immediate compliance because the economic experts obviously saw that it will create more problems in trying to solve a problem hence Gej's approach in plugging the avenues of corruption gradually.
Buhari came and in his desperation to make a mark after just few days in office while dancing to the gallery set for him by America and co, he delved headlong into enforcing the TSA without due considerations to the short term and long-term effects of such actions.

At the end we are expecting nothing less than the loss of 100,000 jobs in the banking sector alone and other affected sectors will follow suit.
Sometimes, a good intention might turn out to create more problems than solving the problems.

More of military fiats like this with this kind of effect is on the way.
If Buhari had an economic team in place, I am sure they would have advised for a better approach to implementing the TSA.

Sudden loss of job leads to untimely death!

Abeg keep dat ur exaggeration to urself... what is d total work force in d banking sector that will warrant lose of 100 000 jobs. look d Sun is rising..be careful with what u say
Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by Jwhizzy(m): 8:25am On Sep 12, 2015
frankyychiji:
You are the one not seeing the point and you are still continuing in your insensitivity. Of what good is a government without a viable banking sector? The TSA is a beautiful initiative, I merely called for circumspection in its implementation so that we don't create more problems in trying to solve one.

I apologise for not sulking. You believe this is a beautiful initiative innit? So tell me, how will you have suggested that this should have been implemented. Government should have insisted that banks don't sack? It's not enough to speak big grammar and ask for 'circumspection'. lipsrsealed
Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by Charly68: 8:29am On Sep 12, 2015
This is the multiplier effect of oil price downfall...single treasury account is just an excuse from the banks to downsize their staff strength. Everything will be normal soonest

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by RexTramadol1: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2015
2 million jobs annually

Simply to be lost!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by loomer: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2015
Me just dey pray for my own to better pass as e dey right now
Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 12, 2015
Of course...the issue here is....oil prices have fallen.

And thus....no money for the banks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by kinibigdeal(m): 8:34am On Sep 12, 2015
Wrong statistics

Axeurdaddy:

Did you know that over 70% of Nigeria's 80Million youths were unemployed during GEJ's administration??
Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by Xano(m): 8:39am On Sep 12, 2015
blackpanda:

You must be very silly for insulting the President. I guess you dont have home training

Do this look familiar?

blackpanda:
This is so sick and twisted ...I shudder to listen to this ridiculous explanation
This is not a president. This is a confused mooron, completely cluesless and useless

blackpanda:

GEJ is and will always be a loser. Nigerians are tired of cluelessness and incompetence.

blackpanda:
gej is both a shame and a disgrace to humanity. slow incompetent and utterly useless

These are your posts. It is naïve of you to post something(insult someone) when you are same.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by alexlee50: 8:40am On Sep 12, 2015
This government has no plan for the economy.we are at the once point we ever had been.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by sweetgala(m): 8:41am On Sep 12, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Buhari's own is worse, just look, Only four months in power and tens of thousands of Jobs have been lost.

I'm not happy about it, because I have friends who are Bankers.

What is the alternative , keep government funds in banks for what purpose. The banks have a duty to source for depositors and investors.

Bank CEOs collaborating with ministries on how to defraud the Nigerian state is not a new thing, and Nigerian resources should not be used for trading in such a manner. Any bank can seek to have CBN as a creditor the right way
Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by urchbarbie(f): 8:43am On Sep 12, 2015
ademega:
painful but the sacrifice for change and corrupt free society. when everything stabilize, they will get job and smile again.
how do they survive pending this stability??

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff by dunkem21(m): 8:45am On Sep 12, 2015
RichDad1:

If you read the article, you realize it's not even the marketers that are getting the sack.

I read it ..

..Am telling you of the impending problems ..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

7 Jobs You Can Do Without A University Degree / Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory / Is This True About People Working In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.