Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers (45458 Views)

The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch / Why Marilyn Ogar, Was ‘Sacked’ - Premium Times / Drama At DSS As Marilyn Ogar Is Transferred To Maiduguri, Then Recalled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by byteHead(m): 7:25am On Sep 12, 2015
The gale of sacks in the Department of State Services (DSS) continued yesterday with 65 cadet officers dismissed from training, among them a lady identified as a sibling of former Director of Information, Mrs. Marilyn Ogar.

The affected cadet officers were undergoing training at the State Services Academy (SSA) in Lagos. They belonged to the Cadet Officers Basic Course 28 of 2014 codenamed COBC28/2014.

The 65 officers had been in the academy since December 2014 for a 10-month training programme, categorized into three distinct sessions.

Saturday Independent gathered that the affected officers were among 420 trainees in the academy and had gone through the three categories of their training before they were flushed out. They were due for commissioning into the service as Senior Intelligence Officers (SIO) on October 26, 2015.

The affected officers had done the basic training in the academy and the three months attachment at the DSS state commands nationwide for practical, including the essential foreign intelligence programme, which took them to various countries where they were exposed to handling of high caliber weapons, detonation of bombs and all sorts of Improvised Explosive Devices (IED).

It was gathered that some of the trainees returned in August from their foreign intelligence training in Israel, where they undertook special skill and intelligence gathering courses in counter-terrorism and insurgency.

According to our source, nobody in the academy had an inkling of the impending sack until a special squad from the national headquarters in Abuja arrived at about noon and called out the affected officers. They were handed their letters of dismissal and marched to their various quarters to pick their bags and baggage as the squad from Abuja saw that they all left the academy’s premises immediately.

Our reporter stumbled on some of the dismissed officers in Ojo, along Badagry Expressway, Lagos around 3p.m as they were leaving the academy.

Some of the trainees who spoke with Saturday Independent under anonymity said they had no idea why they were sacked. Even the letter of dismissal, sighted by our reporter, gave no reason for the mass sack of the trainees.

The letter dated 4th September, 2015, and signed by GK Mohammed on behalf of the Director-General of the State Services, Lawal Musa Daura, reads as follows:

“I am directed to inform you that the Director General, State Services (DGSS) has approved the termination of your appointment from Service with immediate effect.

“You are, however, required to hand over all Government property in your possession, including your Study Guide/Note Books to the Director of Studies, State Services Academy (SSA), Lagos, and obtain appropriate clearance before your final exit, please.

One of the trainees wondered the wisdom in sacking persons that the service had exposed to all manners of sensitive intelligence operations, including handling of offensive weapons. He said that having gone through the specialized training, government should have sent them to other security agencies in need of skilled manpower.

He made particular reference to the Nigeria Police, considering that President Muhammadu Buhari had recently directed that 10,000 personnel should be recruited to strengthen the force.

Another trainee, who lamented the nine-month stay in the academy, said it was regrettable that all the knowledge and skills acquired in the academy would come to naught after the government had wasted their time.

Meanwhile, the dismissed personnel have said that they would take their cases to the National Assembly.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/09/dss-sacks-ogars-sister-64-cadet-officers/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by INTROVERT(f): 7:26am On Sep 12, 2015
immigration sack
zenith bank sack
dss terminate

hope the owner of nairaland won't start sacking mods tomorrow grin grin grin grin grin

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by madridguy(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2015
Not a good move at all. After sending them to foreign land for more knowledge. Waste of public fund and time. The DSS knows better sha and as for the dismissed officers I say no knowledge is waste.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Mopolchi: 7:27am On Sep 12, 2015
baba brutal

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by kkkp: 7:28am On Sep 12, 2015
Hmm 65 trainee officers.. No advert , nothing they just employ their relatives.. Carry go baba

192 Likes 11 Shares

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by pyyxxaro: 7:33am On Sep 12, 2015
After exposing them to all the tricks

You now Sack them

Hope they won't regret this

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by ozo13(m): 7:40am On Sep 12, 2015
Though nepotism shld b condemned by all.BT I think its a bad move dismissing those ppl

Please does anyone have an idea the distance
(Hours) from minna to birni kebbi by road.d price and wr I can board d bus from.tanx in anticipation.and sorry for diverting from d supposed topic.

10 Likes

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by RichDad1(m): 7:44am On Sep 12, 2015
Nepotism.
Na family affair.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 12, 2015
One of the trainees wondered the wisdom in sacking persons that the service had exposed to all manners of sensitive intelligence operations, including handling of offensive weapons. He said that having gone through the specialized training, government should have sent them to other security agencies in need of skilled manpower. He made particular reference to the Nigeria Police, considering that President Muhammadu Buhari had recently directed that 10,000 personnel should be recruited to strengthen the force.

Very true

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 12, 2015
They (APC & Buhari) have used a sledge hammer to kill an ant #impunity. All because of Ms Ogar.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by 9japride(m): 8:06am On Sep 12, 2015
Watch out d way them go employ only "assume competent northerners" history is always there for all to study

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by bigerboy200: 8:07am On Sep 12, 2015
SAI BUHARI...d recruitment process was driven by corruption and "man know man".. I can only pity the very few that got in there by merit...

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Sijo01(f): 8:11am On Sep 12, 2015
Frustrating Mrs. Ogar and anything related to her is this administration priority....................... Well, if it is for the good of the nation/masses, no big deal.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by hemartins(m): 8:12am On Sep 12, 2015
ok
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by BCISLTD: 8:13am On Sep 12, 2015
angry when they were doing their recuitment ...who knew. .

Check my signature Call or whatsapp
https://www.nairaland.com/2582274/toks-2008-toyota-fj-cruiser

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by joseph1832(m): 8:13am On Sep 12, 2015
Even though many of them were employed by the DSS via nepotism, I really don't think it is wise to lay them off like this, the level of information and intelligence they've been exposed to shouldn't be compromised.

Like one of the trainee said, they should have been absorb by the police or even Civil Defense Corps.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 12, 2015
INTROVERT:
immigration sack
zenith bank sack
dss terminate

hope the owner of nairaland won't start sacking mods tomorrow grin grin grin grin grin

Lool grin

3 Likes

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by NinaArsenal(f): 8:13am On Sep 12, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by omusiliyu(m): 8:13am On Sep 12, 2015
Good work.

1 Like

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by chesterlee(m): 8:13am On Sep 12, 2015
Buhari is becoming too bitter and vindictive

After spending millions for their training, it would have been ideal to channel them to other security agencies..This is a complete waste of human resources!

Well, What do you expect from an illiterate?

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by makzeze: 8:13am On Sep 12, 2015
Marilyn's sister joined the DSS through the back door, so as the other sacked trainees.

what a welcome development.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by dridowu: 8:14am On Sep 12, 2015
If you are employed by the previous FG in less than a year, just be prayer so that they won't issue you a sack letter any moment from now.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Gombs(m): 8:14am On Sep 12, 2015
Don Bubu on the beat.. grin grin

What about that custom guy that retired? When will he be probed? undecided

And they said we should not wail...

[size=18pt].. Proudly 5%[/size]

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Mynd44: 8:15am On Sep 12, 2015
I will need to see why they were fired before I support or oppose.

I am leaning towards opposing right now though

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by ndaman25: 8:15am On Sep 12, 2015
much as expected
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by ellabooz(f): 8:15am On Sep 12, 2015
But come to think of it,when were this positions advertised? I guess the affected candidates are related to relations of Ogas at top.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Lexusgs430: 8:16am On Sep 12, 2015
INTROVERT:
immigration sack
zenith bank sack
dss terminate

That had already started. A popular auto dealer is been probed. I say no more, before seun weilds his chopping knife.

4 Likes

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by damiloladuke: 8:16am On Sep 12, 2015
what is her sister doing... do they want to turn their family into a secret service cult

ARE YOU A BLOGGER? CHECK MY SIGNATURE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Damalex4luv(m): 8:16am On Sep 12, 2015
tongue tongue tongue Wailing Wailers will not like this ooo, they'll soon call for Buhari's head ooooo.
Buhari go o soun we dey your back gidigba

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by petux(m): 8:16am On Sep 12, 2015
k
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by kilokeys(m): 8:17am On Sep 12, 2015
Future terrorists available for hire

Teach me how to gather intelligence

I'll know how to counter intelligence

Teach me how to defuse a bomb
Ill have an idea on making one

Teach me how to catch a thief

And ill be the thief ull never catch

[s]
Common sense sipping through buhari's open teeth since independence[/s]

Before drone shoot missile come meet me untop my bed

36 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Who Displayed LP Flag On Mount Kilimanjaro Has Returned Home (Photo) / Joe Igbokwe: Tinubu Will Win In 14 States / Okorocha: The Evil I Feared In PDP Has Befallen Me 10 Times In APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.