Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,921 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Jobs At Delta State University Abraka - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs At Delta State University Abraka (4287 Views)

Fresh Graduate Recruitment At Delta State Hospitals Management Board / My Experience With Dragnet During Chevron IT Aptitude Test In Abraka / Massive Employment Opportunities At Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jobs At Delta State University Abraka by Don4life: 9:20pm On Apr 07, 2009
Delta State University Abraka, Nigeria Internal and External Advertisement)
Vacant Post of VICE-CHANCELLOR

Qualified and interested applicants are hereby invited to apply for the vacant post Of Vice-Chancellor, Delta State University. Abraka, Nigeria.

(B) Functions of the Vice-Chancellor:
(i) Subject to the provisions of the University law, the Vice-Chancellor shall, in relation to the University, take precedence over all other members of the University except the Chancellor and the Pro-Chancellor.
(ii) Subject to the provisions of the University law, the Vice-Chancellor shall have the general function, in addition to any other function conferred upon him by the University law, of directing the activities of the University, and shall be the chief executive and academic officer of the University and Chairman of the Senate.

(C) Qualifications and Experience:
(i) The applicants shall-be persons not below the rank of a Professor of not less than 10 years standing and with cognate experience in university administration and management
(ii) The person must possess Ph. D or its equivalent in relevant discipline.
(iii) The person must show evidence of academic leadership and sound scholarship by way of research and publications
(iv.) The applicant shall be a person of rounded character and personality an active Professor, well-exposed and detribalized, versatile in international relations, and able to command National and International respect
(V.) Applicants should be conversant with University business particularly in the academic world, and have a nack for Principles that could guarantee academic standards of staff and students in reaching out for excellence.
(Vi.) Applicants must understand the academic and the national objectives of Universities.
(Vii.) Applicants must be of good health.
(Viii.) Applicants should formally be ICT compliant.

(D) Tenure of Office:
The vice Chancellor shall hold the position for one term of years only and no more.

(E) Conditions of Service:
(i) The conditions of service are attractive and as approved by government for Nigerian Universities, which are subject to review from time to time.

(F) Method of Application:
(i) Applicants should submit thirty five (35) copies each of application letter and comprehensive curriculum vitae, in envelope marked "Application for the Post of Vice-Chancellor - 2009"
(ii) The curriculum vitae should include information on the following:
(a) Name of applicant in full, surname first
(b) Post desired;
(c) Date and place of Birth:
(d) Permanent 11omeAddress
(e) Current Postal Address;
(f) Marital Status;
(g) Number and ages of Children (if any);
(h) Educational Institutions attended with dates;
(i) Academic/Professional qualifications obtained (with dates and locations);
(j) Name(s) and address(es) of previous employers, stating status;
(k) Name(s) and Address of present Employers, posts held, date and salary:
(i) Research journals/Book publications:
(m) Administrative experience;
(n) Academic distinctions/special awards (if any)
(0) Administration exposure/knowledge background.
(p) Extra curricular activities;
(q) Names and addresses of (3) Referees (at least one of the Referees should be in a position to supply Academic/Professional reference):
Applicants should request their references to forward their recommendations to the undersigned

(Iii) All applications should be addressed to:
The Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council,
Delta State University,
P.M.B 1.
Abraka,
Delta State.

Closing Date: 15th May 2009

(1) (Reply)

Are You Are In Tech Or Interested In Diversifying Into Tech; Check This. / Vacancies In A Major Oil & Gas Company - Offshore Related / Has Anybody Heard Of Beyond Stardom Nig Ltd N R The Genuine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.