Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Sheikh And The Non-believers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sheikh And The Non-believers (3041 Views)

Question For Believers And Non Believers / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheikh And The Non-believers by belloti(m): 1:07pm On Oct 05, 2006
Many, many years ago, there once lived a man who didn’t believe in Allah. And because he didn’t believe in Allah, he would mock at all the muslims about believing in One Allah . It so happened that a Sheikh was told about the man and his wicked ways. He thought long and hard about a plan and, at last, came up with a plan that Insha Allah, would work.

He challenged all those who didn’t believe in God and fixed a time and date for this challenge. This challenge was to take place on an open ground, in which the Sheikh would prove to them that there was a God and only One God – Allah.

On this day, thousands of people turned up for the event. Everyone, including the muslims were curious to see how the Sheikh would prove One Allah to them. So the muslims were seated on one side, and the disbelievers on the other side. Five minutes ticked by, then ten . . . But the Sheikh was nowhere to be seen. He had not turned up.

The speaker of the disbelievers stood up and spoke to the people : “ It seems that we are all wasting our time ! Even the Sheikh knows that there is no God, that’s why he decided not to attend this meeting.”

Just at that moment, the Sheikh arrived.

What took you so long ? It seems that you yourself are in doubt that there is a God!” laughed the disbeliever.

But the Sheikh replied in a calm voice, “ You see, on my way here, there was a river to cross. I waited for the boat, but I could not see one. All of a sudden, a nearby tree walked towards the river bank and fell down in front of me. The bark peeled off automatically and started to chop itself into planks, all by itself. Then the bits and the planks began to fix itself and formed into a beautiful boat. I quickly got into the boat and it started to row, all by itself. This is how I got here.”

The disbeliever laughed and told all the muslims, “What kind of Sheikh have you elected as your speaker ? He is insane ! How can a tree walk ? How can a tree peel itself ? How can a tree chop itself an and form into a boat ?”
Then Sheikh spoke : “ This is just what I wanted to hear ! Just as a tree can’t form itself into a boat, how can the sun rise all by itself in the morning at its exact time ?

How can it set each evening at its correct moment and place ? Who makes us breathe in air and who makes our heart beat ?”

The disbeliever bowed down his head – he was speechless and he had no answer.

“Allah, of course ! He is the Creator of the entire Universe,” the Sheikh said.

Such was the effect of the Sheikh’s words and his beautiful invitation to Islam, that many of the disbelievers became muslims at the hands of the Sheikh.
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by BlackMamba(m): 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2006
Good and convincing portrayal of the omnipotent powers of Allah. If only non-believers are free to shun or even mock the invitation, without fear of violent reprisal from zealots.
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by 4getme1(m): 12:17pm On Jan 22, 2007
BlackMamba:

Good and convincing portrayal of the omnipotent powers of Allah.

I'm still wondering about the miracles of the Qur'anic "Allah" - how has the Muslim god miraculously healed the many sick and needy people in Islam?
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by belloti(m): 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2007
4get me, welcome back from one of your journeys.

Allah heal us by giving us access to the hospital and drugs and by providing for our sustenance.
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by ktemidayo: 1:11pm On Jan 22, 2007
The World Miss University Nigeria contest was established in 2004 for the same purpose to commemorate the UN-designated year of Peace, under the patronage of the International Association of University Presidents. The task of organizing the World Miss University Nigeria Contest was given to The Focus Productions an Event Packaging /Modeling Agency company on 114 Awolowo Road SW Ikoyi Lagos. By the Organizing Committee of the World Miss University in Seoul Korea, to run the Nigeria leg as the sole franchise holder of (World Miss University Contest) to select superior female Nigeria undergraduates with beauty and intelligence that will represent our nation at the finale contest of WMU
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by 4getme1(m): 2:21pm On Jan 22, 2007
@belloti,

Atheists, skeptics and non-muslims have access to hospitals as well as sustenance - is that the same thing as "Allah's" miraculous healing?
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by mrpataki(m): 3:00pm On Jan 22, 2007
[size=4pt]***(After reading he yawns)***[/size] Before I proceed, I would like to know where I can get more of this bedtime stories undecided

It is very easy to cook up a story just to authenticate a false god! angry
Who is the Sheikh and where is he today
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by Gwaine(m): 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2007
You know that Arabs - they are famous for such bedtime stories as Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, and The Arabian Nights. All good tales, no doubt. But this Sheik seems to be a recent entry - much enjoyed.
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2007
belotti I know a somewhat similar but true story.
About Elijah and the 450 prophets of baal (Idol).read I kings 18:17 to end.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/1Ki/1Ki018.html#17
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by belloti(m): 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2007
This is not a bedtime story. I believe Oyakhilome and Adefarasin have given so much similar stories. But the essence of it all is to arrive at the incontestable fact that there is GOD.
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by mrpataki(m): 1:07pm On Jan 23, 2007
@ Belloti,

At least their stories can be very validated if in doubt. I went on google searching for the "Sheik and the Non-believers" fibble imaginative caption, I got nothing tangible from there.
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by Aggressa(m): 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2007
belloti:

This is not a bedtime story. I believe Oyakhilome and Adefarasin have given so much similar stories. But the essence of it all is to arrive at the incontestable fact that there is GOD.

@Belloti,
If the "essence" of your "walking tree" fairy tale is to convinve people of the "fact that there is God", then your target audience must be only those muslimis and muslimas who go on to become Oustass and Imam's. Majority will not see much sense in this story of a allah wandering around somewhere looking for which tree he is going to convert to a Hummer or Escalade, ini't?
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by mrpataki(m): 5:31pm On Jan 23, 2007
Rather, I got this story that a Sheik has said that bird flu was from Allah to wipe out Isreal for being worst of humanity!

So much for a Religion of peace cool

[url]http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3230110,00.html[/url]
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by belloti(m): 5:37pm On Jan 23, 2007
My belief is that the Sheik was speaking for all the religions that recognises the existence of God. Your arguement here is not about the substance but you just dont feel comfortable with the actor.
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by shahan(f): 6:12pm On Jan 23, 2007
@belloti,

If that is the gist or morale behind the story of the Sheik, then it doesn't sound consistent with your position at all. In the first place, as long as you recognize that Muslims worship a different God than is confessed in the Christian faith, the Sheik could not have been "speaking for all the religions" that recognise the existence of God.

It might be a story intended to pass a morale, and there's nothing wrong with that - Christians also employ the same technique. But the point of departure is that religious leaders do not draw a conclusion about a mass conversion unless they are sure to verify that "story". In this case, the story of the Sheik remains simply that - a story. smiley
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by KAG: 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2007
Once upon a time, a long long time ago, in a place long forgotten -

belloti:

But the Sheikh replied in a calm voice, “ You see, on my way here, there was a river to cross. I waited for the boat, but I could not see one. All of a sudden, a nearby tree walked towards the river bank and fell down in front of me. The bark peeled off automatically and started to chop itself into planks, all by itself. Then the bits and the planks began to fix itself and formed into a beautiful boat. I quickly got into the boat and it started to row, all by itself. This is how I got here.”

The disbeliever laughed and told all the muslims, “What kind of Sheikh have you elected as your speaker ? He is insane ! How can a tree walk ? How can a tree peel itself ? How can a tree chop itself an and form into a boat ?”
Then Sheikh spoke : “ This is just what I wanted to hear ! Just as a tree can’t form itself into a boat, how can the sun rise all by itself in the morning at its exact time ? How can it set each evening at its correct moment and place ?

Apparently the sheikh hadn't heard of the movements of the Earth (with the orbiting and the revolutions, and the Sun not the one doing the "rising" and "falling"wink. Pity.

Who makes us breathe in air and who makes our heart beat ?”

Er, no one?

The disbeliever bowed down his head – he was speechless and he had no answer.

You're lying. Disbelievers usually have more sense than that. I'm just saying.

“Allah, of course ! He is the Creator of the entire Universe,” the Sheikh said.

Such was the effect of the Sheikh’s words and his beautiful invitation to Islam, that many of the disbelievers became muslims at the hands of the Sheikh.

- and they all lived happily ever after. The End. Fin.
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by mrpataki(m): 6:34pm On Jan 23, 2007
shahan:

In this case, the story of the Sheik remains simply that - a story. smiley

Sorry shahan, point of correction, "A Bed time story" wink
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by shahan(f): 8:01pm On Jan 23, 2007
@mrpataki,

mrpataki:

Sorry shahan, point of correction, "A Bed time story" wink

. . . you mean, like "mat-time story"?? cheesy
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 23, 2007
shahan:

@mrpataki,

. . . you mean, like "mat-time story"?? cheesy

bia bia time story
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by mrpataki(m): 8:15pm On Jan 23, 2007
Reminds me of Tales by Moonlight, those days by 6:30pm every sunday evenings! cheesy
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by belloti(m): 10:22am On Jan 24, 2007
Bia Bia Story, Bedtime Story, Morale Story, Tales by moonlight, etc i hereby wish to thank you all wholeheartedly for the reviews and kind rating you gave our Sheik Story. We hope we can count on you in our subsequent episodes. cheesy
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 24, 2007
Thanks @ belloti

One intriguing part of the story though, how come disbelievers where allowed to sit without being forced to convert to islam at the point of death?

How many disbelievers in our century will have the audacity and boldness to sit mocking allah?
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by belloti(m): 11:33am On Jan 25, 2007
David, Islam is Naseehah, its not by compulsion. Thats why you see our brothers marrying christian women. Even during the time the Rasoul SAW when the unbelievers formented trouble, the verses that follows was Suratul Kafiroun. Am sure you know it off-head.
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by Aggressa(m): 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2007
@Belloti grin grin grin
My friend, what do you mean by "Havila committed Ridda recently" under the Glorious Koran topic (which has now been appropriately locked because of Davidylan versus "weasel" neelsen war) I investigated it and found story of Abu Bakr's wahala with some peoples who rejected Islam after the death of Muhammed!!

@Nuru,
You are sounding so desperately illogical and pathetic with all due respect. So the verse you quoted from the Koran supported the controversy of unproven UFO' existence.
By the way, why don't you too try another source of "sakinot" and tell me what happens to you, say the following and tell us what happens in your mind. Say this simple statement in english or arabic or yoruba or hausa or ibo or Ijaw, or Tiv or Junkun or ebira or urhobo or fulfude or wolof or mandinka or hebrew or spanish or swahilli, etc in fact in ANY language that you understand. Find a quiet place to prove the true God and then say:

"Jesus Christ the Lord of Righteousness, I (Nurudeen) know and accept that I am a sinner; come into my life and save me"

Then come back tell us what happens.
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by belloti(m): 2:19pm On Jan 25, 2007
Dr Havila. In Islam if one abandoned his faith and practise something else, its called Ridda and its a punisheable offence. Although an unbeliever can not be force to join Islam, conversion from islam to paganism or anything else is viewed seriously. Am sure this may provoke so many replies but that is the beauty of Islam.
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by mrpataki(m): 2:32pm On Jan 25, 2007
belloti:

Dr Havila. In Islam if one abandoned his faith and practise something else, its called Ridda and its a punisheable offence. Am sure this may provoke so many replies but that is the beauty of Islam.

Please what would the punishable offense be, from the beauty of Islam
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by Aggressa(m): 2:34pm On Jan 25, 2007
belloti:

Dr Havila. In Islam if one abandoned his faith and practise something else, its called Ridda and its a punisheable offence. Although an unbeliever cannot be force to join Islam, conversion from islam to paganism or anything else is viewed seriously. Am sure this may provoke so many replies but that is the beauty of Islam.

grin grin grin
Belloti, Belloti,
So why did you not go on to complete your very first sentence to show the "beauty" or the "beast" of Islam? You are probably ashamed of the words, that is your conscience telling you something is wrong with what you believe. Let me help you: "In Islam, if one abandoned his faith and practise something else, its called Ridda and its a punishable offence, punishable by DEATH"!! Isn't it?
But I thought the Quran also said "There is no compulsion in religion". If there is no compulsion in religion, why then should "conversion from Islam to paganism or anything else be viewed seriously" as to deserve prescribing death?
Dont you see inconsitencies or confusion in Islam(?); dont you see the bondage of the beast that Islam is(?)
While you are very sure your post showing the wickedness in Islam will appropriately provoke many responses; you still go ahead to say "that is the beauty of Islam"; no that is not the beauty of Islam; IT IS THE BONDAGE OF ISLAM. Think, my friend, think. (In fact, I miss Olabowale)
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 25, 2007
belloti:

David, Islam is Naseehah, its not by compulsion. Thats why you see our brothers marrying christian women. Even during the time the Rasoul SAW when the unbelievers formented trouble, the verses that follows was Suratul Kafiroun. Am sure you know it off-head.

That my friend is the lie of islam! Why then are muslim "sisters" NOT allowed to marry christian brothers? Is islam not by compulsion?
The MAIN reason muslim men are actually encouraged to marry christian women is that they may forcibly convert them and ensure the proliferation of islam. It is one of the subtle but evil manipulative methods of spreading this fraud by force! You tried to cover it up in the sweet garb of islam not being by compulsion, even atheists no better!

belloti:

Dr Havila. In Islam if one abandoned his faith and practise something else, its called Ridda and its a punisheable offence. Although an unbeliever can not be force to join Islam, conversion from islam to paganism or anything else is viewed seriously. Am sure this may provoke so many replies but that is the beauty of Islam.

The "beauty" of islam was shown for all to see during the afghanistan saga where a man who converted to christianity had to be offered assylum to avoid a death sentence!
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 25, 2007
belotti,as a friend,I advise you stay off topics that'll embarass you.
Stick to the fairy tales of the sheik and his camels.
They are more benign.
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by Backslider(m): 8:04am On Jan 26, 2007
Surat 2:48

And guard yourselves against the day when no soul shall be of use to another in anyway and no intercession shall be accepted and no compensation be taken from it and nor will people be helped.

THIS VERSE MEANS WHAT?

The fact that Muhammad has no power to save anyone from Hellfire is clearly stated in the verse: 39:19

I[b]s he on whom the word of doom is fulfilled (to be helped), and canst thou (O Muhammad) rescue him who is in the Fire? (Pickthal)
[/b]

Who is there can intercede in His [Allah’s] presence except as He permitteth? 2:255

This verse seems to imply that there is at least one person who can intercede with Allah. Let us see if there are more verses confirming this point.

No intercessor (can plead with Him) except after His leave (hath been obtained). 10:3

On the day when We shall gather the righteous unto the Beneficent, a goodly company. And drive the guilty unto hell, a weary herd, they will have no power of intercession, save him who hath made a covenant with his Lord. 19:85-87

On that Day shall no intercession avail except for those for whom permission has been granted by (Allah) Most Gracious and whose word is acceptable to Him. 20:109

And We [1st person plural] did not send before you any messenger but We revealed to him that there is no god but Me, [1st person singular] therefore serve Me. And they say: The Beneficent Allah has taken to Himself a son. Glory be to Him.[3rd person singular] Nay! they are honored servants They do not precede Him in speech and (only) according to His commandment do they act. He knows what is before them and what is behind them, and they do not intercede except for him whom He approves and for fear of Him they tremble. And whoever of them should say: Surely I am a god besides Him, such a one do We recompense with hell; thus do, We recompense the unjust. 21:25-29

No intercession can avail in His Presence, except for those for whom He has granted permission. So far (is this the case) that, when terror is removed from their hearts (at the Day of Judgment, then) will they say, ‘what is it that your Lord commanded?’ they will say, ‘That which is true and just; and He is the Most High Most Great’. 34:23 [5]

Verses 43:86 and 53:26 also tell us that no one can intercede with Allah except those whom Allah pleases.

In the above verses we get the confirmation that someone is capable to intercede with Allah.

I also highlighted the pronouns. We see sometimes Allah refers to himself in third person singular, (He) then shifts to first person plural (We) and sometimes to first person singular (I and Me). Will you please explain this unorthodox way of speech? It appears that these are Muhammad’s Freudian slips. It is as if the Prophet keeps forgetting that the Quran is supposed to be the word of Allah and Allah should not allude to himself in 3rd person. You find this error in the entire Quran. I hope you give some explanation to that as well. Is the Quran really the word of God or that of the illiterate Muhammad?

The following verses are interesting because Muhammad actually starts interceding with Allah for his followers right away even before the Judgment Day.

Those who sustain the Throne (of Allah) and those around it sing Glory and Praise to their Lord; believe in Him; and implore forgiveness for those who believe: "Our Lord! Thy Reach is over all things, in Mercy and Knowledge. Forgive, then, [Now this is clearly Muhammad supplicating to Allah] those who turn in Repentance, and follow Thy Path; and preserve them from the Penalty of the Blazing Fire! And grant, our Lord! that they enter the Gardens of Eternity, which Thou hast promised to them, and to the righteous among their fathers, their wives, and their posterity! For Thou art, the Exalted in Might, Full of Wisdom. And preserve them from (all) ills; and any whom Thou dost preserve from ills that Day,- on them wilt Thou have bestowed Mercy indeed: and that will be truly (for them) the highest Achievement." 40:7-9.

These verses surly can’t be the words of Allah. They are clearly Muhammad’s prayer to Allah. If they are the words of Allah, whom is Allah supplicating to? If they are the words of Muhammad, a) why they are in the Quran, and b) don’t they contradict 2:48, 2:122-123, 2:254, 4:123, 6:5, 6:70, 39:43-44, 82:18-19, 17:56-57
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by belloti(m): 9:34am On Jan 30, 2007
Baby no true muslim can be embrass by any islamic provision, particularly not me if you think you know me. The problem with you is that you have a haphazard understanding of islam from the disbelievers point of view. Your eyes are veiled to the truth and no one can lift that up except God almighty when He chooes to do so. We have heard stories about people like you in the holy book, so am not surprise to finally meet you on nairaland.

Islam does not compel anyone to join it but frown seriously at muslims deserters. That may sound ludicruos to some of you because you only understand the literal meaning, but its much more than that, you ve got to read between the lines. It takes a lot of interpretation to discuss that provision. If you are not a muslim, you cant claim to understand islam, except if you sincerely want to do so.
Re: Sheikh And The Non-believers by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2007
In one sentence,are you denying that Islam kills people who desert it?
Yes or No.
There is no beauty in that.

Islam does not compel anyone to join it?do you really say so?
Belotti,I know you're a Muslim,I am just finding out you tell lies too.
Please don't make me begin to see you in a different light.
If any lie of yours is proven here,you'll have a harder time on nairaland .
Do you want citations to the contrary from your authentic book?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Speaking In Tongues / I Signed The Petition "bishop David Oyedepo Slaps A Girl In Church!"! / Prophet T.B. Joshua Speaks Of Pope Francis Of The Catholic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.