Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,666 members, 7,801,921 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Do You Remember This Man? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Remember This Man? (1506 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? / Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? / Throwback Test: How Many Of These Screenshots/Videos Do You Remember? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Remember This Man? by nwaanambra1(m): 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2015
[size=18pt]King Yellowman![/size]

Lets take a break from politics and entertain ourselves this lovely weekend.

the indomies generation may not have heard of nor know KING YELLOWMAN!

Yellowman is a DJ and music legend. his career spanned the mid eighties and late nineties. He is a jamaican born and an albino.

His real name is Winston Foster, he was raised up in a Catholic orphanage called Alpha Boys School in Kingston, and was shunned due to having albinism, which was usually not socially accepted in Jamaica.

Yellowman first gained wide attention when he won a contest event in Kingston, Jamaica called "The Tastee Talent Contest" where deejays would perform toasting. Like many Jamaican deejays, he honed his talents by frequently performing at outdoor sound-system dances.In 1981, after becoming significantly popular throughout Jamaica, Yellowman became the first dancehall artist to be signed to a major American label Columbia Records.

Yellowman has had a substantial influence on the world of hip hop and dancehall regae - in fact, He is widely credited for leading the way for the succession of dancehall and hiphop artists that were embraced by the growing hip-hop community in America during the 1980s and the 90s. Many super stars in today's hiphop and dancehall reggae - superstars like KRS-1, notorious BIG, Tupac and lots of them borrowed inspiration, songs and lyrics from the legendary compilations and music of Yellowman.

Down here in Nigeria, stars like Raskimono, blackky, Timaya and Patorankin, they all owe King Yellowman a big thank you.

Read more about him and the numerous challenges he faced in life including a debilitating cancer.

Yellowman's song "Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt" is used on Grand Theft Auto V.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowman

My advice to any burden artist that wants to be as successful as Patorankin should takeout time and study King Yellowman!

Click on the link and enjoy his master beats! Happy weekend! cool cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i11zpqkmupg

girl! u can do wat a guy do u knowooo anan still be a lady!

man smart but a uman smarter!

i wan l-o-v-e! LOVE U! I wa k-i-s-s! Kiss u! d-u-b! dub u!

(1) (Reply)

Drake Attacks Nicki Minaj In New Song (audio Download + Lyrics) / Watch This Viral Pianist Breeze Through Dr. Dre, 2pac, And More / DOWNLOAD MP3: Gunplay – Cheap Thrills Ft. Rick Ross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.