Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Noise Pollution Law In Ogun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Noise Pollution Law In Ogun State (1948 Views)

Kaduna, Aba, Onitsha, Umuahia Among 20 Worst Cities Worldwide For Air Pollution / Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution / Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Noise Pollution Law In Ogun State by abayomi23(f): 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2015
it is worthy of note and to the admiration of the nation the pace at which lagos state government have been able to raise the bar on good leadership and good governance by signing good laws guiding the activities in the state.
One of such wonderful laws is the noise pollution law, i really commend the state goverment on this enviable feet.
My challenge therefore is the silence of OGUN STATE GOVERNMENT on noise pollution, the recklessness of polluting the air is sickning and the present government is doing nothing about it, the unfortunate aspect of it is that the lagos resident pushed away from lagos state communities as a result of the law have found a resting place to perpetrate their noise on ogun state communities.
Is there any law against noise pollution in ogun state? which government agency is responsible for this if any at all.
I think its high time for ogun state government to wake up from slumber and act immediately,
Can anyone in the house shed more light on this issue.
Contributions is welcome
Re: Noise Pollution Law In Ogun State by adedayourt(m): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
k
Re: Noise Pollution Law In Ogun State by Eleniyan15: 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2015
wink
Re: Noise Pollution Law In Ogun State by abayomi23(f): 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2015
I think this should make front page so as to wake the state government up from her shameless slumber
Re: Noise Pollution Law In Ogun State by IamRespected: 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2015
cheesy , I think nairaland needs a law against noise pollution grin
Re: Noise Pollution Law In Ogun State by abayomi23(f): 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2015
People in ogun state govt service shld pls comment oooo
Re: Noise Pollution Law In Ogun State by abayomi23(f): 4:33pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ok
Re: Noise Pollution Law In Ogun State by pope5(m): 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
I am surprised that a wonderful topic like this is inactive considering the way people have become a source of problem to their neighbours. Imagine a residential building turned to a church have become a source of noise pollution to us in the area, they installed megaphones and will be making all sorts of noise in the area, they will start up a service @ 8am in the morning another @ 6pm in the evening and then another @ 12 midnight, during this period, it is impossible to have a normal phone call, communicate with each other or sleep properly. All effort to let them know the noise is too much have proved abortive. Pls is there any appropriate body in ogun state one can report to as it have become unbearable.

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution Law In Ogun State by topea(m): 12:25am On Mar 09, 2018
Please we need information on this very relevant and essential topic. It has become impossible to have a good sleep because of daily night vigil from a residential building turned to church in my area.

Those who have information or who have access to how the information can be received should please come out to help us.
Re: Noise Pollution Law In Ogun State by Powerhousemm: 10:36pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ministry of Environment is in charge of Noise Pollution or any form of Pollution in Ogun State

The state has a law in place that caters for Noise Pollution. Came Across it when I was having issue with a church that was making life uneasy for my family via their noisy services.

This law is called - "Environmental Management (Miscellaneous) Provision Law"

It can be found in the Law of Ogun State, 2006 Volume 2 Schedule C. Section 23

Section 23 states:

“Noise Pollution
(1) No person shall create noise from --
(a) any of the sources mentioned in Schedule C or any other source exceeding 90 decibels in industrial areas or 70 decibels in residential areas”

Schedule C
Grinding machines, Churches, Mosques, electricity generating set, construction plants, record shops, studios, ceremonial activities, household gadgets, playing ground, road traffic, rail traffic, discotheque, car-park, barking dogs, indoor ventilation system, amplifier and other office appliances.

I used the above legal information to tackle the church that was polluting the community with their noise by writing an official letter to them. After receiving the letter the church jejely complied because they knew that the content of the letter will surely bring them into government wahala.

If you are interested in using seeing the content of the letter , below is the link to the letter I wrote to the church

https://www.nairaland.com/4035092/ministry-body-charge-noise-pollution#109000838

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Portharcourt Police Foils Bank Robbery (photo) / ‘impossible. MTN Cannot Pay N1.04trn NCC Fine’ / Thank You GEJ, Okonja, Aganga And Co.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.