Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,797 members, 7,798,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It (57144 Views)

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice / This Lady Left Mountain Of Fire Church Because Of This... (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 13, 2015
Wearing of trousers by Nigerian ladies has generated a lot of controversies. People have continued to argue if the practice is sinful or not.
Ladies on trouser?

While some churches welcome and promote it, others preach against it. Those who are against it base their stand on Deuteronomy 22: 5, which says: “The woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.”

Churches, which do not condemn wearing of trousers by women, believe that grace has put an end to such law.

Some people, especially young females, decide the church they will attend based on whether wearing of trousers is allowed or not.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 13, 2015
well i thinks its wrong for ladies 2 put on trousers to the church, but western culture has mislead our women from the true doctrine. "anyways im 1st to comment. "its LADYF husband again.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by bewla(m): 5:49am On Sep 13, 2015
yes and no

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by jamex93(m): 5:57am On Sep 13, 2015
it really depends

so many things attached to it

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Hemah(f): 6:09am On Sep 13, 2015
The Christian bible didn't condemn it. Who makes trouser a man's garment?

209 Likes 12 Shares

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by ModiKen(m): 6:13am On Sep 13, 2015
Yawns* Abeg who see my toothbrush, I don almost late for church

17 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 13, 2015
Hemah:
The Christian bible didn't condemn it. Who makes trouser a man's garment?
then can u please interprete the bible passage in the topic for me?

10 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by eneji50(m): 6:29am On Sep 13, 2015
Modern day christians sha they are more of church followers than Christ followers,my pastor say dis my pastor say dat,its no longer wat d bibble said ,certified ebira boy

Navo Oooo.....

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by FruityLass: 6:51am On Sep 13, 2015
As long as we don't make people confuse with our gender due to our appearance, it is not a sin.

And yes what about scottish men putting on skirts?
Our clothings is part of culture which has been westernized by civilization.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Captainswag225(m): 7:31am On Sep 13, 2015
yes its wrong, women shouldnt take trousers to church. It shows lack of respect.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by misreal(m): 7:37am On Sep 13, 2015
a WOman shouldn't put on trousers or anything masculine

10 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by An2elect2(f): 8:27am On Sep 13, 2015
mtcheeeeeewww. A decent trouser or a skimpy skirt? undecided Are there not customised trousers for females? Wont it be absurd if a man wears those trousers?

Hypocritical pharisees. You put all your efforts/time on trivial things that do not matter and preach another gospel that is no gospel at all

131 Likes 10 Shares

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
well i thinks its wrong for ladies 2 put on trousers to the church, but western culture has mislead our women from the true doctrine. "anyways im 1st to comment. "its LADYF husband again.
Whoever told you guys trousers were made for men alone? There is a big difference between the male trouser and the female one and I don't think any sane man would put on a female trouser or a sane lady would put on a male trouser.

If you folks can interpret that particular Verse of the Bible as God condemning the act of wearing trousers because it is for men only , then you should also condemn the wearing of suits by women because suits, facecap, t-shirts were initially created for men use only but nowadays they can be worn by anybody. The same applies to trousers as well.

Friedplantain

186 Likes 17 Shares

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by dave2meek(m): 8:44am On Sep 13, 2015
There is nothing wrong wearing trouser to church, but let it be decent.
Btw who knows the type of dress Jesus wore when He was on earth

24 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by shaboti: 8:44am On Sep 13, 2015
I dey come.

Deuteronomy 22:9 also says 'do not plant two kinds of seeds in the same vineyard'

Deutoronomy 22:11..'do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together.

Deutoronomy 22:12.. 'make tassels on the four corners of the cloaks you wear'

Now tell me op, which among these verses do you uphold and obey ? Why have you chosen to be selective?
As christians we have abandoned our primary purposes on earth and we ar focusing on less important stuff.

By the way, these are tassels, tell me how many of your clothes that have them..

190 Likes 18 Shares

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by sniper1305(m): 8:44am On Sep 13, 2015
[i][/i]Yes, this remind m a day my galfrnd invited m to her church, I was like is this realy a church or club? The only different was no beer on singht

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by itsIYKE(m): 8:44am On Sep 13, 2015
Hg
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by kennyman2000(m): 8:45am On Sep 13, 2015
its not a sin. If u call it a sin, what then happens to same tight underwear women wear.

If a pastor wife should be doing holier than thou that she's not put on trouser all her life. What happens to the tight underwear she's been putting on?

Doesnt that has a shape of a trouser? Cant we as well call that a trouser..

Abeg, leave matter for mattias.. No be sin in as such as ur bum bum no too much push out for the trouser wey go dey cause gbeke for boys..

If ur bum bum too much push out wey boys feel intimidated with ther bum bum, boys fit grab u. Reason wetin u carry, na after they finish u go know say na sin..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

5 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by lekjons(m): 8:45am On Sep 13, 2015
yeah, i know!
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Icecomrade: 8:45am On Sep 13, 2015
What women wear or do not wear isn't my major issue, its the excess in what they often do.

If we insist that women wears only skirt to Church, some women will opt for skirts that stops not too far from their booty. They sit down in the front roll in the church. They struggle to keep their thighs closed.

At unconscious moments, their thighs slide open and one could see the mould heaped around their panties. Some even forget to wear panties.

Ask them to wear Trousers, Some will prefer hit thight hot pants. Revealing the contours of their highs, booty, and the mould between their thighs.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 13, 2015
So this topic has resurfaced again..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by safarigirl(f): 8:46am On Sep 13, 2015
Oh? So the Scots who wear skirts are committing sin? And Jesus wearing gowns was also a sin? What exactly is 'men's garment' and what is 'women's garment'? And Christians follow the New Testament, stop reading the Jewish laws before you confuse yourself

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by holluwai(m): 8:46am On Sep 13, 2015
Bible condemns and you still dey ask questions? Na spandex make you wear go church then undecided
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by allanphash7(m): 8:46am On Sep 13, 2015
Bible , christainity , christains contradict each other

Jesus christ never set up a church during his time

5 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by kristisking(m): 8:47am On Sep 13, 2015
It is not wrong.Modesty is what is important.Too much emphasis put on the issue of trousers by women is uncalled for.In as much as no sensitive part is exposed to the public,there is nothing wrong in wearing trousers by women.

3 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Captainswag225(m): 8:47am On Sep 13, 2015
An2elect2:
mtcheeeeeewww. A decent trouser or a skimpy skirt? undecided Are there not customised trousers for females? Wont it be absurd if a man wears those trousers?

Hypocritical pharisees. You put all your efforts/time on trivial things that do not matter and preach another gospel that is no gospel at all
its not allowed. The bible says so.

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Pangea: 8:47am On Sep 13, 2015
The bible did not mention trousers
From the scripture quoted "that pertains to a man"
What pertains to a man differs from culture to culture!
In India, especially the Tamilians, their men tie wrapper while the women wear trousers!
In Scotland, the men wear skirts
In Ijaw land , the men also tie wrapper.

Coming to Nigeria, trouser is specifically for men, so it pertains to a man, hence the embargo on it for women!
But in india, you can wear your trouser without any trouble.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Captainswag225(m): 8:48am On Sep 13, 2015
safarigirl:
Oh? So the Scots who wear skirts are committing sin? And Jesus wearing gowns was also a sin? What exactly is 'men's garment' and what is 'women's garment'?
we never said women shouldnt wear trousers and jeans. We are saying dont bring it to church. Simple!

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by jmoore(m): 8:48am On Sep 13, 2015
Adam and Eve wore skirts.

Even the Ancient Roman soldiers fought with skirts.

Trouser is not written anywhere in the bible.

The key word is decent dressing, a woman can wear trouser and look decent while another woman can wear skirt and look like a slut.

God does not judge by outward appearance.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 13, 2015
It's a sin and since the bible condemned it then why wearing it to church..even some wear mini pinpin to church , who dey open yansh for, Shey na God ? I ask u, una babes wey dey wear pinpin to church and u dey sitdon for front row , God is watching u o. God bless us all and forgive us all our sins.. Perfect touch Aluminium gives a good and satisfying Aluminium works to beautify your building structures at an affordable quotes, you can call and reach us for your projects. Tel:08153665659(whatsapp) 08067079715. Email: perfecttouchaluminium2012@yahoo.com Call us today and we give you a good quote
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by JoeCutie(m): 8:49am On Sep 13, 2015
WHAT you wear is never a problem to me, but HOW you wear them. A decent trousers? Why not? It's even the best.

Come to our Churches today and witness how young girls of today, wake guys' JT from sleep, with the kinda very absurd and quite unbecoming skimpy and very tight skirts and gowns they wear, displaying their asses and boobs like it's in a museum. undecided

Sometimes, I weep in Church. It's quite unfortunate. embarassed

And talking about the men's garment and the women's garment, people should refrain from translating the Bible literally. You translate MEANING, not WORD. We should always take into cognisance the very fact that the Bible was written basically in the Jewish time and tradition. Ours today is a different case altogether. We should translate the Bible in line with our own time and tradition of today. Trousers on women is not a sin.

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

"Pastor Is My Baby Daddy" - Mentally Deranged Woman Provides Photos As Proof / Bishop Oyedepo's Private Jet In Benin (Photos) / 19-yr-old Pastor Impregnates Female Church Founder (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.