Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 (1342 Views)

FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). / Gov Fayose Slashes Security Vote By 50%,, Reduces Ministries From 24 To 14 / Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by QueenEva27(f): 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, has hinted of President Muhammadu Buhari’s plan to prune down the number of federal ministries from the current 42 to 19.

The reduction of federal ministries was part of the recommendation of the Alhaji Ahmed Joda transition committee.
Shehu, who made the intention of his principal known to Daily Trust, stated that the President believes the reduction would save cost of governance and ensure proper coordination of duties and better service delivery.
The presidential spokesman however, assured that there would be no job losses in the process of pruning the ministries, departments and parastatals, explaining that the process would be a very “painstaking thing” that would be done very carefully.
He told workers not to fear as the Buhari administration would not create unemployment, assuring that the president remained committed to his promise to create jobs.....

http://www.queendoosh.com/2015/09/buhari-to-reduce-ministries-from-42-to.html
Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
"We(south south and south east) don't want any portfolio, please PMB give our yoruba brothers positions, they 'worked' for it." Quote me anywhere.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by Agimor(m): 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
Waiting patiently for the ministers list.
Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by Tallesty1(m): 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
We'll soon find out

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by doublewisdom: 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
Planning to all time. When will Buhari implement?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by psucc(m): 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
Another unemployment opportunity in the making.
If DSS can sack, how else. . .

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by MrZachs(m): 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
Gud development indeed!
Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by christinie(f): 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
Buhari getting ready to sack Fed Govt workers.

Insensitive president.

Don't come here and ask me if I read the post.

Yes I did and I don't believe his SSA.

Liars!

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by divinehand2003(m): 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2015
Yes ooo
PRUNE DOWN, CUT OFF, TRIM, DELETE, REMOVE AND CASTRATE THOSE MDA, AGENCIES, AND MINISTRIES THAT AREN'T NEEDED IN NIGERIA AT THIS TIME OF FINANCIAL CRUNCH OR ECONOMIC MELTDOWN.
Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by Akosxxx(m): 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
gud
Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by speedyGonzales: 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
size doesn't matter! (that's what she said!! e! hahaha!), okay seriously... performance is the goal but can't perform in a massive country like Nigeria without a cabinet. Highly specialized individuals manning their areas of expertise, but 19 is well within a range that is acceptable and functional.
Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by kazmanbanjoko(m): 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
Datz okay by me.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by power4reps(m): 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2015
Are you unemployed, a Youth corps member (NYSC), House wife, or Student? Do you desire an income raise even as a paid employee? I want to share one of my success secrets with you. Do you have the following items? 1. A BANK ACCOUNT (Current or Savings) 2. 2 FRIENDS YOU WANT TO HELP 3. N6,600 ($40)? If you have the above listed items and you want to take a risk like i did to succeed, PING me and i will show you how to turn N6,600 to Millions in simple basic steps. PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS NETWORKING BUT A SIMPLE ONE. NO SELLING, JUST SERVICES. NO REJECTION, NO FAILURE! NO EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED. This is an opportunity that empowers you so you can empower others and be happy for the rest of your life. (Thank me later). whatsapp 08036146835 for more info
Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by omowolewa: 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
So wetin you wan make I do now?
Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by dazzlingd(m): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"We(south south and south east) don't want any portfolio, please PMB give our yoruba brothers positions, they 'worked' for it." Quote me anywhere.
choose a struggle, South south or south east, which are you?
Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
dazzlingd:
"South south till I die". Quote me anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
dazzlingd:
"South south till I die". Quote me anywhere.
Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by KwoiZabo(m): 5:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
I can assure everyone reading this post that Buhari cannot reduce the size of the civil service because that is the primary source of income for his people except he want to retrench only southerners. In Ozoakpe's voice 'quote me anywhere' grin
Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
...for national unity, every states must be represented, either voted for or against...
Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by sammyj: 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2015
This welcome development. PMB should cut down this institutions to enable eliminate duplication of effort and function and to lastly prove stealing is corruption! ! grin grin
Re: Buhari To Reduce Ministries From 42 To 19 by emekamn(m): 6:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
if we really need to cut something, that should be the National Assembly.

part time unicameral legislature.

You cannot claim to represent me when you live in Abuja and I live in a remote village.

I'm not unaware that the current structure has its advantages

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Minsterial List Arrives Asokoro With Senator Enang? / IGBO IN AMERICA HOLD PROTEST AGAINST SHARIA & FOR DEMOCRATIC SELF-DETERMINATION. / Breaking: Nyesom Wike To Create Ministry Of Rotimi Amaechi Affairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.