Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera (23311 Views)

Kayode Ogundamisi Na Brown Envelope Journalist / Nigeria's Brown Envelope Journalists (video) / Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 14, 2015
Algezera asweLl as Presstv should not be taken seriously as thier news are always clouded with one sided sentiments .they are an upgraded foreign version of sahara reporters and everything sahara reporter dreams to be.we may not have a 100% effective news distributive system Yet but that doesn't mean 100% of all our journalist are corrupt and incompetent just because some middle eastern news agency thinks they are...yeye

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by kingslly(m): 8:19am On Sep 14, 2015
Why didn't aljazeera post this before the Election,am sure PMB wouldnt have won d Election if his gullible fans had seen this write up before the election. Am sure most of dem are feeling so stupid naw

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:20am On Sep 14, 2015
PAINGAIN:
what do u mean by the west use their media to give negative view of africa? Let's b sincere with ourselves for once. Ok let's forget about the media,let me ask u, do nigerian journalists take money from people they r supposed to be reporting about? U r african right? Do u not see/witness first hand,d rot africa has bcome? Is there any part of nigeria that is not corrupt? I can go on and on. Stop blaming d west pls. Tell me, what good is there to report about nigerian journalism?
Whatever soothes you.
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by Guyman02: 8:20am On Sep 14, 2015
Yoruba Lagos-Ibadan Press have been the chief media propagandists for years. Even foreign media is exposing their antics.

But AJ, CNN, FOX etc are also guilty of spinning the news too which led Egypt to jail AJ journos recently. They have been begging people to join their Twitter hashtag FREEAJSTAFF but many people who know that they are guilty as charged just ignore their campaign.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by kenostika(m): 8:20am On Sep 14, 2015
Very correct,the reason they automatically withdrew the updating of EFCC boss(lamode) case of stealing trillions.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by locosis007(m): 8:23am On Sep 14, 2015
The truth is journalism in Nigeria is much d same as journalism all over the world.. al jeezera should not paint Nigeria as monsters.. america, britain, europe in general are as venal/guilty as Nigeria in this.. granted that Nigeria's is commonly and shabbily done
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by Doitonce(m): 8:23am On Sep 14, 2015
Is this also news,fellow Naira landers?
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by wiseolly: 8:25am On Sep 14, 2015
i wonda y pple dnt read and digest before making comments. the bible says be quick in listerning bt hesitate in reply. in what way was any political party mention on this post. well am not suprise becoz most of the political syhcopant re not benefiting frm diz administration
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by neocortex: 8:26am On Sep 14, 2015
Thanks to APC's Sahara reporters and the likes, media houses that are supposed to be
home to facts are now competing for the best fiction award.
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by kingslly(m): 8:27am On Sep 14, 2015
charix:
This's for people who have time to read newspapers and watch Nigerian stations apart from Channels. The best source of news is the internet, forums and blogs because you see many views and come to your own conclusion in the end.

If you're going to watch Nigerian news on TV make sure its Channels; their reports're the most non-partisan I've come across.
I don't even trust Channels dat much because I noticed they tend to incline to the views of the Masses and the Nigerian Masses are always ill-informed by hearsay or all these Brown envelope Journalists.
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by patrick89(m): 8:29am On Sep 14, 2015
Honestly, I wanted to write a short article on nigeria journalism! it's very shameful and disturbing, I don't know why people do not see it that way too. I tell you, our journalism isn't nationalistic at all. we have regional tabloids. imagine CNN reporting only positive things from atlanta, and reports useless and gory news from new York! it can never happen, but our useless newspapers are guilty of this. you can never get any good news from, bayelsa, Benue and ebonyi on The nation and punch, except the news is a very Bad one! this is not journalism. Another angle is political view point, daily trust can not report any suspicious or rots going on in kano or Kaduna state governments, but they will be quick to report anything on akwaibom, delta, or rivers state, etc.
our news men are evil themselves. have you seen any investigative journalism? nooo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by porka: 8:31am On Sep 14, 2015
[size=13pt]Aljazeera reported that late President Yaradua was 'climbing the stairs' when he was already dead.[/size]
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 14, 2015
Remind me again which section of the country controls the press. lipsrsealed I've said it over and over again and i will keep saying it that Yorubas cannot successfully manage a business without kickbacks and Govt. corrupt patronage. Our media industry, insurance and police dominated by our sophisticated brothers have been reduced to mere yahoo-yahoo enterprises.

This is not about tribalism, this is about the truth and people must learn to accept the truth for what it is. I do not owe anyone an apology for speaking the truth. If getting a ban is the sacrifice i have to pay for saying the truth, so be it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by porka: 8:45am On Sep 14, 2015
patrick89:
Honestly, I wanted to write a short article on nigeria journalism! it's very shameful and disturbing, I don't know why people do not see it that way too. I tell you, our journalism isn't nationalistic at all. we have regional tabloids. imagine CNN reporting only positive things from atlanta, and reports useless and gory news from new York! it can never happen, but our useless newspapers are guilty of this. you can never get any good news from, bayelsa, Benue and ebonyi on The nation and punch, except the news is a very Bad one! this is not journalism. Another angle is political view point, daily trust can not report any suspicious or rots going on in kano or Kaduna state governments, but they will be quick to report anything on akwaibom, delta, or rivers state, etc.
our news men are evil themselves. have you seen any investigative journalism? nooo

[size=13pt]Don't be naive, the CNN you watch in Nigeria is not the same they see inside America.

For every Tribune, Punch, Daily Trust etc, there's also Radio Biafra and co.

The problem is the consumer of these news. They are not educated enough to know their left from their right. They don't know that their minds are the targets of falsehood designed as news.

The social media, as a leveler, is there to push your own agenda if you desire.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by 400billionman: 8:54am On Sep 14, 2015
APC has been lieng since the days of Lie Muhammed, now Muhammadu Boogari.
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by osimataylor(m): 8:56am On Sep 14, 2015
And the main culprits are Punsh and nation.
Brooklynsouth:
And u know the tribe notable 4 this brown envelope journalism? Aans YEYOBA
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by patrick89(m): 9:06am On Sep 14, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]Don't be naive, the CNN you watch in Nigeria is not the same they see inside America.

For every Tribune, Punch, Daily Trust etc, there's also Radio Biafra and co.

The problem is the consumer of these news. They are not educated enough to know their left from their right. They don't know that their minds are the targets of falsehood designed as news.

The social media, as a leveler, is there to push your own agenda if you desire.[/size]

Yoou are wrong! you didn't get the insight of my write up..
1. I said CNN can never portray a region of their country in negative way, and at the same time portray other region good with their reportage. eg atlanta where they operate from can not be favoured over Newyork! they report America as a whole! while our own media segregate and discriminate..
2. Radio biafra is only countering what punch, Sahara and the nation have been doing to the people. that is why Nnamdi shreds them into pieces and label them "Brown envelope, corrupt and incompetent junks.
3 The higher percentage of the consumer is gullible! they swallow everything they see online, and paper.
it's very common to see people giving you reference from Internet, 80 percent of what I see on nigeria newspapers are lies and half truth!
#nigeriamediafraudsters! are punch, Sahara, the nation etc!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by Folksyharry(m): 9:16am On Sep 14, 2015
chronique:
Journalism in Nigeria is trash. It's so bad that when you read a news item,you'd have to wait for at least a week to know if it is true or not cos the chances of that article having a rebuttal is as high as 95%. Nigeria is in chaos at the moment but we do not know it. The history of this nation has forever been altered and destroyed so much that the next generation will never get to know the truth about Nigeria. No thanks to the politicians and the hungry/devilish Nigerian journalists.

I don't trust anything I read from our newspapers anymore. I used to believe we can use words spoken by our politicians against them but with the too many failed promises from our past and present leaders and with the recent trend of denials and rebuttals I have resigned myself to praying and hoping for the best.
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by arabianights: 9:24am On Sep 14, 2015
DjAndroid:
Journalism in Nigeria: very high risk, very poor remuneration! Honestly, I don't blame them.

No one knows or celebrates them.They dare not report the truth as their bodies will not be found.That aside the image of this country is really disturbing.
Government really needs to work on it America is considered as biggest most successful pr campaign which is true.America is not as grand as they make out on media but every one wants to be there.Its an idea most of their "brains" are africans and asians.

Do you know us now gives china 10 year visa ?
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by arabianights: 9:25am On Sep 14, 2015
kingslly:
I don't even trust Channels dat much because I noticed they tend to incline to the views of the Masses and the Nigerian Masses are always ill-informed by hearsay or all these Brown envelope Journalists.

Nigerian masses are the Witnesses to the truth.Channels investigates before putting it on air
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 14, 2015
hmmm...
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by ajepako(f): 9:59am On Sep 14, 2015
That explains why Sahara Reporters, The Nation, Punch and Leadership Newspapers concoct the first story that comes to their inebriated minds in any available beer palour or pepper soup joint.. Or according to the whims and dictate of their APC fief masters.

While Vangard, Pilot and This Day fabricate their stories from the pocket of PDP..

Yeye media we have in Nigeria..
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 14, 2015
yanabasee:
APC/Buhari using Journalists and Media outlets to mislead the masses... Turning the whole system to a brown-envelope system! The heavier the envelope, the more suitable the propaganda.

Is not APC matter, anyone with cash can always entice our journalist, cheesy
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by Redman44(m): 10:36am On Sep 14, 2015
Hmn. I am happy that I was eventually denied the opportunity of working for THISDay Newspapers back in 2006. I did all I could to ensure that I got a job with any of the major newspapers and magazines in Nigeria, but I was always rebuffed or they would collect my CV and nothing would come out of it. Before 2006, I had some knowledge about the workings of the Nigerian Media- I knew Journalists ( except a minute percentage ) in Nigeria were poorly paid and had to rely on money they made from interviewing celebrities, businessmen and politicians. As at 2006, I had a colleague working at THE NEWS Newspapers who was being paid 22,000 Naira monthly. And this guy was very intelligent. We graduated from the Nigerian Institute of Journalism ( NIJ ) at the same time. Many journalists survive by having Fashion Columns or Pages, Entertainment Pages etc that they use as PR Fronts for Celebrities, Artistes, Footballers etc. When they interview these celebrities, the celebs give them envelopes of money ( From 3000 Naira to 20,000 Naira ) as transport fare back to their offices. So if a journalist receives about 15 brown envelopes a Month, the guy or lady can take care of a a family cool cool cool cool cool cool cool.

I am happy I am doing something else today and I am happy in the country I live in. I thank God for everything.
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by yanabasee(m): 10:39am On Sep 14, 2015
kaeforum:

Is not APC matter, anyone with cash can always entice our journalist, cheesy
Isn't APC the ruling party? Aren't its party members the one with the cash right now?

You don't need to be told that Journalist go after them becoz of the blandishment.
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 14, 2015
Saharareporters is one of the brown envelope media Org.Always reporting in favor of tinubu.
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 14, 2015
yanabasee:
APC/Buhari using Journalists and Media outlets to mislead the masses... Turning the whole system to a brown-envelope system! The heavier the envelope, the more suitable the propaganda.
Say what you know, I am not any regime apologist, brown enveloping journalism existed during late Tafawa Balewa, a little hyped during Shagari ,shot to high heaven during IBB, dollarised during GEJ, it can't be stopped even by next generation presidents of this nation.
Qatar owns aljazeera, so they have money to waste and sweet bribe to gather stories.
Even in America, journalists are brown enveloped
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 14, 2015
Tinubu has bought majority of the media in with brown envelope.He used them to spread propaganda against jonathan.Even now,we read that refineries are working in the figment of their imagination.
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by yanabasee(m): 10:55am On Sep 14, 2015
indigene:

Say what you know, I am not any regime apologist, brown enveloping journalism existed during late Tafawa Balewa, a little hyped during Shagari ,shot to high heaven during IBB, dollarised during GEJ, it can't be stopped even by next generation presidents of this nation.
Qatar owns aljazeera, so they have money to waste and sweet bribe to gather stories.
Even in America, journalists are brown enveloped

Isn't this the chanted corruption Buhari pledged to get rid of? Why is it part of his regime? Why can't he stop corruption! Do you think giving brown envelopes to journalists don't have bad effect on his political system?

Fighting corruption isn't by probing politicians alone. Its by stopping every other means of bribery and journalist wheedling.
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:05am On Sep 14, 2015
DjAndroid:
Journalism in Nigeria: very high risk, very poor remuneration! Honestly, I don't blame them.
There is an excuse for everything under the sun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Deserve Ministerial Nomination, Says Lai Mohammed / Aisha Alhassan Attends FEC Meeting With President Buhari In Aso Rock / 14 Senators, 23 Reps Lose Re-Election Bids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.