Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera (23304 Views)

Kayode Ogundamisi Na Brown Envelope Journalist / Nigeria's Brown Envelope Journalists (video) / Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by Redman44(m): 11:14am On Sep 14, 2015
One thing I can say about studying Journalism and History ( BA Degree ) is that it has helped me to become a very good researcher and businessman. I can research deeply and come out with unknown information about any topic under the sun. And if you are a good researcher, there is no way you won't make money if you dabble into Business smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley. I have seen Journalists in Nigeria who own Businesses and only use their Newspapers and Magazines to source for clients. Some of the most successful businessmen in Nigeria have worked as reporters and staff writers with the likes of Punch, Vanguard, The Guardian etc and Magazines like National Encomium, The News, TELL etc. Going out on your beat as a pressman allows you to see a lot of things. You get to meet a lot of people and interview them about what they are doing. You get to know how they build their wealth or run their companies, studios etc. If you are a smart journalist, you can start networking from there.

Journalists can become successful in anything they take a fancy in. The newsroom is just their ticket to greater platforms of success. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by poik(m): 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by kingslly(m): 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2015
arabianights:

Nigerian masses are the Witnesses to the truth.Channels investigates before putting it on air
An average Nigerian is either a tribalist or not well informed,most times an average Nigerian Tends not to know how some politicies and agenda will affect his/her life but will choose to support or go against it based on hear-say . All we want the media houses to do is to present the real facts and nothing else for us to know what is really happening,they shouldn't take sides with the Masses just to gain Popularity.
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by shotster50(m): 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2015
Some Nigerian Journalists are unsung heros... Most work in the most challenging work environments for mere pittance.
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by mikolo80: 4:25pm On Sep 14, 2015
oweman:

I just love what the Ghanaians are doing right now ;to clean their own country .
not Nigeria were corruption is not stealing .If only we van adopt the death option for corruption / looting .
abeg gist me. what are Ghanaians doing
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by johnie: 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2015
mikolo80:
abeg gist me. what are Ghanaians doing

A journalist is exposing corrupt judges via video recordings in which they requested bribes.

https://www.nairaland.com/2590661/accused-ghana-judges-shown-bribe
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by Excellentmind: 5:14pm On Sep 14, 2015
We already know this, but one day nemesis will catch up with them.
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by arabianights: 5:16pm On Sep 14, 2015
kingslly:
An average Nigerian is either a tribalist or not well informed,most times an average Nigerian Tends not to know how some politicies and agenda will affect his/her life but will choose to support or go against it based on hear-say . All we want the media houses to do is to present the real facts and nothing else for us to know what is really happening,they shouldn't take sides with the Masses just to gain Popularity.

Your biggest mistake? you underestimate the intelligence of the average Nigerian as well as their awareness and how enlightened they are.strike a conversation with your mechanic or even a taxi driver.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by mikolo80: 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2015
johnie:

A journalist is exposing corrupt judges via video recordings in which they requested bribes.

https://www.nairaland.com/2590661/accused-ghana-judges-shown-bribe
that's not Ghana.
that's a journalist

besides that will happen when the greed of the politicians makes them not settle enough jobless journalist (kinda like paparazzi) so the journalist will use the politicians to make youtube money (substitute for brown envelope)
One way or the other
it's all about the money
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by mikolo80: 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2015
arabianights:

Your biggest mistake? you underestimate the intelligence of the average Nigerian as well as their awareness and how enlightened they are.strike a conversation with your mechanic or even a taxi driver.
abeg tell am. ppl think that it's only degree holders that have monopoly of sense
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by iamord(m): 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2015
mikolo80:
that's not Ghana.
that's a journalist

besides that will happen when the greed of the politicians makes them not settle enough jobless journalist (kinda like paparazzi) so the journalist will use the politicians to make youtube money (substitute for brown envelope)
One way or the other
it's all about the money
Then am sure you have no idea of who anas is. A world acclaimed Ghanaian investigative journalist. He has even cover cases in Nigeria on fake doctors and abortion. I watch it on aljazeera. He doesn't need anyone's money. He is after the truth!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by SirdeKay: 6:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
Al Jazeera itself is not immuned from this malaise. No wonder their journalists are being arrested and detained here and there even a few months ago here in Nigeria. So they are robbed of the moral high ground to criticize Nigerian journalists.
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by mikolo80: 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2015
iamord:

Then am sure you have no idea of who anas is. A world acclaimed Ghanaian investigative journalist. He has even cover cases in Nigeria on fake doctors and abortion. I watch it on aljazeera. He doesn't need anyone's money. He is after the truth!
I don't care about doctors and abortion
they don't give brown envelope
I care about politicians
he has to pay rent
children's school fees
everyone needs money
all I'm saying is journalists can make Mooney without resorting to brown envelope
Re: Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera by kingslly(m): 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2015
arabianights:

how else did I arrive at ma conclusion? Am not underrating anyone here,all am trynna say is dat an average Nigerian draws his/her conclusion based on the information that is available to him/her. Some get unnecessarily emotional and passionate about issues that require simple logic to solve.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 : How We Will Stop Mega Party – Oyegun / I Deserve Ministerial Nomination, Says Lai Mohammed / Convoy Of APC Governorship Candidate In Taraba Attacked By Hoodlums. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.