Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search (1548 Views)

12 Seo Mistakes To Avoid If You Want To Rank Higher / SEO For Begininers- How To Rank In Google / 10 Vital SEO Steps To Take Before Publishing A Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by WebclickNG: 7:07am On Sep 14, 2015
Google’s research into local search behavior reveals that local searchers are poised to take action. According to their findings, “50% of consumers who conducted a local search on their smartphone visited a store within a day, and 34% who searched on computer/tablet did the same.” This means ranking in local search has a direct impact on in-store traffic.

The local search results – particularly Google’s – are tricky and filled with little mysteries. Neither I nor anyone else has them “figured out,” and probably never will. For one thing, they’re constantly changing. But what I can do is share what I’ve learned so far, about how a business can carve out some territory on the “Google local map.”

Throughout the next 6 steps, I outlined some tips and tricks I have used throughout the past year to achieve top ranking within the search engines. Let it be clear that it isn’t magic, it does take time and great effort, but if you follow these clear guidelines you will instantly increase your odds of achieving a top ranking within the major search engines such as Yahoo, Google and MSN.

Below are the six steps.

Step 1: Lay The Foundation for Local SEO
Step 2: Set Up or Sharpen Your Own Website for Local SEO
Step 3 – Google+ Places – Setup / Optimization
Step 4 – Work On Your Citation
Step 5 – Get Review
Step 6 – Stay Ahead of Others
Read more at http://kampe.com.ng/blog/6-proven-local-seo-steps-to-rank-1-in-google-search/

Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by ipain: 7:23am On Sep 14, 2015
I am on the verge of tapping into local seo in order to do against what the current crowd is doing ecommerce-wise.

If I may ask, what's the power of Google place if effectively setup and used? Can it rank sites faster?
Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by WebclickNG: 7:41am On Sep 14, 2015
ipain:
I am on the verge of tapping into local seo in order to do against what the current crowd is doing ecommerce-wise.

If I may ask, what's the power of Google place if effectively setup and used? Can it rank sites faster?
Traditionally, search engine optimization (SEO) has been utilized to help businesses boost their search engine rankings by optimizing their website with relevant keywords. However, as internet searches are becoming more local in nature and more consumers are searching the web on mobile devices, local SEO is becoming a more important aspect of any digital marketing plan. Local SEO is crucial for connecting with the customers that are already in your service area that may be looking for products and services that your company provides.

Tim Dugan published a research by Webservicesct.com on the importance of local SEO to businesses. The statistics shows that 97% of consumers search for businesses online. Below is an except of the research.

I suggest you read the full article
Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by ipain: 7:51am On Sep 14, 2015
WebclickNG:

Traditionally, search engine optimization (SEO) has been utilized to help businesses boost their search engine rankings by optimizing their website with relevant keywords. However, as internet searches are becoming more local in nature and more consumers are searching the web on mobile devices, local SEO is becoming a more important aspect of any digital marketing plan. Local SEO is crucial for connecting with the customers that are already in your service area that may be looking for products and services that your company provides.

Tim Dugan published a research by Webservicesct.com on the importance of local SEO to businesses. The statistics shows that 97% of consumers search for businesses online. Below is an except of the research.

I suggest you read the full article
bro, where is the full article and we are talking about Nigeria's webspace not America one is less dynamic than the latter.

So what's your experience like for Nigeria's webspace local searches?
Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by WebclickNG: 11:46am On Sep 14, 2015
ipain:
bro, where is the full article and we are talking about Nigeria's webspace not America one is less dynamic than the latter.

So what's your experience like for Nigeria's webspace local searches?
The Nigeria web space is getting competitive by the day especially in cities like Lagos and Abuja. But generally majority are yet to give much attention to local search. Interestingly, Google is refocusing most of their search algorithm on local search. So this is a great opportunity now to rank high when the competition is less.

The full article is here: http://kampe.com.ng/blog/6-proven-local-seo-steps-to-rank-1-in-google-search/
Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by ipain: 11:56am On Sep 14, 2015
WebclickNG:

The Nigeria web space is getting competitive by the day especially in cities like Lagos and Abuja. But generally majority are yet to give much attention to local search. Interestingly, Google is refocusing most of their search algorithm on local search. So this is a great opportunity now to rank high when the competition is less.

The full article is here: http://kampe.com.ng/blog/6-proven-local-seo-steps-to-rank-1-in-google-search/
yes, I have noticed that too. Remember that Google recently started redirecting .com to .com.ng?

When you check alexa ranking for top 25 most visited sites in Nigeria, linda ikeji was no 9 at lindaikeji.com but right now, she has been removed and that spot is just having .com without lindaikeji.

Here is what I want to do.

I want to pick up product related keywords on .com.ng.

If I put my website on Google places, will I be ranked higher when the keyword is searched? I will optimize my site for the searcj keywords though.
Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by WebclickNG: 1:05pm On Sep 14, 2015
ipain:
yes, I have noticed that too. Remember that Google recently started redirecting .com to .com.ng?

When you check alexa ranking for top 25 most visited sites in Nigeria, linda ikeji was no 9 at lindaikeji.com but right now, she has been removed and that spot is just having .com without lindaikeji.

Here is what I want to do.

I want to pick up product related keywords on .com.ng.

If I put my website on Google places, will I be ranked higher when the keyword is searched? I will optimize my site for the searcj keywords though.
Thanks for replying. Actually, I am writing soon on lessons learned from my latest research on top 50 Nigeria Newspapers online - http://kampe.com.ng/blog/top-50-user-engaging-nigerian-newspapers-online/ As you will notice Linda Ikeji rank #9 while it rank #1 in Alexa. You may take a look. So, what matter is not the domain but other vital SEO metrics. Linda has not been covering those ground and others are closing in on her. Just watch
Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by ipain: 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2015
WebclickNG:
Thanks for replying. Actually, I am writing soon on lessons learned from my latest research on top 50 Nigeria Newspapers online - http://kampe.com.ng/blog/top-50-user-engaging-nigerian-newspapers-online/ As you will notice Linda Ikeji rank #9 while it rank #1 in Alexa. You may take a look. So, what matter is not the domain but other vital SEO metrics. Linda has not been covering those ground and others are closing in on her. Just watch
lol.. What does Linda Ikeji know? She should enjoy her luck why it last because history will repeat itself and what happened yahoo may befall her.

When Google decide to stop the blogger platform she go know how far.

Myself will be launching a celebrity blog soon.

Yes I am aware that the domain isn't the major thing but seo since Google rewrote her algorithm.

Assuming I want to start, how can I do proper SEO based on Nigerian setting?
Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by WebclickNG: 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
The subject of SEO is a very complex one. And I may have to open a separate thread for that soon. However, as per SEO, what is worth doing, is worth doing well
Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by emillionaire: 9:23am On Sep 15, 2015
Linda iko
Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by oteneaaron(m): 9:44am On Sep 15, 2015
You know, onn this issue of Local SEO....explaining it to our clients is at most times daunting..... When it comes to Local SEO search rankings..... I strongly advice my clients to use our (.ng) domain......I wasn"t amazed when a few weeks ago, i saw that bloggers in Nigeria were now redirected through the .com.ng domain prefix.

@OP mentioned google places..i agree with him....

SEO in Nigeria is NOT Rocket Science... Neither is it a magic trick....

SEO is gradual process and can sometimes take weeks....at times months for someone to see results..especially when the Niche your Client is working on is already Saturated ( speaking from experience) @WEBCLICKNG..... I'd like to discuss with you.... ama send you a Personal Message through your website's contact Page.....

Note my Email address-- roviarsguide@gamil.com
*Modified*
Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by WebclickNG: 10:36pm On Sep 15, 2015
oteneaaron:
You know, onn this issue of Local SEO....explaining it to our clients is at most times daunting..... When it comes to Local SEO search rankings..... I strongly advice my clients to use our (.ng) domain......I wasn"t amazed when a few weeks ago, i saw that bloggers in Nigeria were now redirected through the .com.ng domain prefix.

@OP mentioned google places..i agree with him....

SEO in Nigeria is Rocket Science... Neither is a magic trick....

SEO is gradual process and can sometimes take weeks....at times months for someone to see results..especially when the Niche your Client is working on is already Saturated ( speaking from experience) @WEBCLICKNG..... I'd like to discuss with you.... ama send you a Personal Message through your website's contact Page.....

Note my Email address-- roviarsguide@gamil.com
I PM you through my personal email
Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by dav8id(m): 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2015
i love this discussion
Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by WebclickNG: 6:02am On Sep 16, 2015
Except:
Use these three best practices to engage with your customer’s even more through their reviews:
#1 Respond to Every Review – Not Just the Negative Ones
#2 Be Genuine and Empathize and Engage With The Reviewer
#3 Use SEO Keywords in Your Review Responses
Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by oteneaaron(m): 10:56am On Sep 16, 2015
WebclickNG:
I PM you through my personal email

I havent seen any email yet....could you resend?
Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by WebclickNG: 11:30am On Sep 17, 2015
oteneaaron:

I havent seen any email yet....could you resend?
I will check again
Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by oteneaaron(m): 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
WebclickNG:
I will check again

Ok..
Re: 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search by WebclickNG: 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2015
I cant find your email. Send it to jetroolowole@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

... / Create A Ponzi Scheme For (hyp,peer To Peer, Matrix)e.t.c / Fresh Google Non Hosted Naija Adsense Account For Sale @25k Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.