Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News (26620 Views)

Why DSS Arrested Ekiti Lawmakers / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News / Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel – Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by kachysblog(f): 7:39am On Sep 14, 2015
By Ben Agande

Abuja— Details have emerged why about 65 personnel of the Department of State Services who were evicted from the service training school in Lagos were asked to leave the service.

A senior officer of the service who spoke with Vanguard in Abuja Sunday evening said the trainees were sent out because “their recruitment did not follow laid down procedures of choosing personnel into the service.”

It will be recalled that DSS 65 cadet officers of the service who were undergoing training at the State Services Academy, SSA, in Lagos, including a sibling of the sacked former spokes person of the service, Marilyn Ogar were asked to leave earlier this month, few weeks to their passing out.

No reason was given for their dismissal which was contained in a letter by the Director General of the Department of State Service, Lawal Daura.

But speaking with Vanguard on why the decision was taken, a senior officer of the service who is familiar with the matter said their sack was “inevitable” because their recruitment process was “flawed.”

“What happened was that recruitment of most of these cadets did not follow due process. They were brought into the service by politicians without meeting the stringent requirements set by the service in recruiting its personnel. They were dumped on the service by politicians through the active connivance of the past leadership of the service. We are re-organising the service so we cannot afford to have partisan political moles in our midst” the source said.

The source who is a senior operative of the service said the process of “weeding undesirable elements” who found their way into the service was ongoing. The present leadership of the service is determined to reposition the service to its professional roles. There is nothing personal about the decision of the service. It was a very painful decision in view of the investment made on them but it was a decision that must be taken” he said.

The 65 officers were said to have been in the academy since December 2014 for a 10-month training programme and were due for commissioning into the service as Senior Intelligence Officers, SIO, on October 26, 2015.

They had all undergone the basic training in the academy and the three months attachment at the DSS state commands nationwide for practicals.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/why-dss-sacked-65-personnel-source/

4 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by cyberdurable(m): 7:40am On Sep 14, 2015
lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:43am On Sep 14, 2015
"baba PMB should give ameachi, fayemi and fashola those slots, for all their efforts since they didn't make the ministerial list". Quote me anywhere.

22 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by noblebright(m): 7:45am On Sep 14, 2015
OH
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by PassingShot(m): 7:45am On Sep 14, 2015
They should have been given to the NPF?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Hashimyussufamao(m): 7:49am On Sep 14, 2015
i support the idea #lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by AlPeter: 7:50am On Sep 14, 2015
Cadets with such trainings shouldn't be let loosed like this you should still engage them. These guys have gone through almost all the major tests to be termed 'civilians' any longer the skills acquired can make them a major threat to security operatives in future. The DSS should try to engage them with other security outfits. My 1cent

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by talktimi(m): 7:51am On Sep 14, 2015
undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by nationwide1(m): 7:51am On Sep 14, 2015
Is it enough reason to deprive citizens of means of livelihood? Nigeria is indeed an animal kingdom where some are more equal than others.

If everyone in federal civil service who did not get recruited through the laid down procedure were to be sacked, more than 70 % of the federal work force will be sacked.

I can help fish out atleast a thousand of them. In Ozaoekpe's voice, quote me anywhere.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by funlord(m): 7:52am On Sep 14, 2015
grin

Solid development! Such an institution is too sensitive to become a dumping ground for politicians _bitches, village connects or my brother my sister acquaintances! MERIT or BUST!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by sammyj: 7:52am On Sep 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by RockMaxi: 7:58am On Sep 14, 2015
funlord:
grin
Solid development! Such an institution is too sensitive to become a dumping ground for politicians _bitches, village connects or my brother my sister acquaintances! MERIT or BUST!

Only the gullible will believe that trash and if you believe it then you can fill in the blank. angry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by MizMyColi(f): 7:58am On Sep 14, 2015

I knew that they will play to the gallery by announcing their "offence" through the media.
Isn't this an evidence of Buhari's negative vindictiveness and dictatorial tendencies?

Are they trying to tell us now that every other DSS operative got in through due process?

What kind of self aggrandized witch-hunting is this tori Olorun?

These people are not wise at all.
They are an inhumane lot and I stamp my foot against this very act!

Excuse me, how about monitoring them? How about placing a surveillance detail on them, to ascertain whether or not they are truly moles?
What kind of mago mago politics do they play there?

Is this the change?

Bye Bye "Non-Partisan" committed-to-national-security DSS; Welcome Pro-APC committed-to-Buhari's nepotism-and-vengefulness DSS.

This change is a scam.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by funlord(m): 8:04am On Sep 14, 2015
grin
RockMaxi:

Only the gullible will believe that trash and if you believe it then you can fill in the blank. angry

And when did you now become GOD to know what I believe or not? Or in your reasoning everyones post is a direct reflection of their beliefs? Learn to decipher between sacarsm and logic before you start spamming mentions unnecessarily next time boy!

4 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by donholy28(m): 8:07am On Sep 14, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"baba PMB should give ameachi, fayemi and fashola those slots, for all their efforts since they didn't make the ministerial list". Quote me anywhere.
So inotherwords he should appoint thieves?

1 Like

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by yanabasee(m): 8:10am On Sep 14, 2015
SMH 4 MEDIA

Simply becoz they was recruited under the PDP administration....That is the main reason why it was dispersed.

1 Like

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by MizMyColi(f): 8:11am On Sep 14, 2015
Good Morning PassingShot, is that all you have to say?
I shake my head in dismay.

7 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by MizMyColi(f): 8:14am On Sep 14, 2015
Clearly these Daura people do not understand the concept of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer.

13 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 14, 2015
PMB the dictator of Federal republic of Nigeria, this is a very bad move from him, c'mon those cadets have their appointment letter so even if their recruitment was marred by irregularities he should have at least allowed them to pass out from their training camps. They should go to court and get a good lawyer angry

3 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by funlord(m): 8:15am On Sep 14, 2015
undecided
MizMyColi:

I knew that they will play to the gallery by announcing their "offence" through the media.
Isn't this an evidence of Buhari's negative vindictiveness and dictatorial tendencies?

Are they trying to tell us now that every other DSS operative got in through due process?

Excuse me, how about monitoring them? How about placing a surveillance detail on them, to ascertain whether or not they are truly moles?

Is this the change?

Bye Bye "Non-Partisan" committed-to-national-security DSS; Welcome Pro-APC committed-to-Buhari's nepotism-and-vengefulness DSS.

This change is a scam.

Is this 1 high or just plain _stupid?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

Is this the change?

This change is a scam.
you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Once a dictator is always a dictator. PMB has a deep hatred for the DSS that's why he's witch hunting them seriously. He feels that the planned that boko haram attack on him during the elections, so that is why he's descending on their operatives like hurricane. He may have a good reason but his approach is totally wrong.

5 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:22am On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

Is this the change?

This change is a scam.

And suddenly Buhari is to blame for everything.

I know its people like you that will also blame him if your refrigerator gets too cold or breaks down as a result of too much electricity. cheesy

25 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by LordaGuru: 8:27am On Sep 14, 2015
k
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 14, 2015
OKAY, THE COURT HAS TAKEN JUDICIAL NOTICE.

NEXT PLEASE.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by mznuez(f): 8:28am On Sep 14, 2015
Better

Ok grin
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by klem93(m): 8:28am On Sep 14, 2015
only if these reasons are worth it
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by free2ryhme: 8:28am On Sep 14, 2015
Some regions of Nigeria don't see any good thing Buhari is doing so also some region don't see any wrong in what Buhari is doing! What a state they have taking us to. God bless Nigria. -

4 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Abbeyme: 8:29am On Sep 14, 2015
OK o
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by free2ryhme: 8:29am On Sep 14, 2015
stop deceiving us. We all know how fed. govt jobs are being given out as slots to their families. simply say those sacked DSS officials are politically influenced and could sabotage your efforts. will u go against your own beneficiary? bit the finger that feeds u?

3 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by oluwafemi113(m): 8:29am On Sep 14, 2015
Due

Process
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by dayo23(f): 8:29am On Sep 14, 2015
Employment through the back door, they should be sack!!!
A new sheriff in town....no room for scams

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge / NDLEA Arrests Village Head & 10 Others, Intercepts Opoid Pills, Skunk, Heroin / Nigeria Appointed Acting President UN General Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.