Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Tell Us About Your Marriage - Family (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tell Us About Your Marriage (83394 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Adaodogwu(f): 9:11am On Feb 16, 2017
wow this thread is da bomb
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by KanwuliaExtra: 11:33am On Feb 16, 2017
We still dey KAMKPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Juju keeps failing!!!

Muchechecheche

While some can't find or hold on, despite all the Bible and Koran "PHOCK and REPENT" tactics.
All to de-activate and become a "nobody"!

Riding with my "Oga" to work jare.
What a blissful 5 days off. cool

Marriage sweeeeeeeeeeeet ooooooooooo!
Almost 20 years with sweeeeeeeeeet memories.

MILITIA NWANNE!!!! YOU ROCK!!! cool

Thank you daddy and mommy for saying "I DON'T"!!!
Muchechecheche grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Acidosis(m): 12:39pm On Feb 16, 2017
Whoever reads this beautiful thread and still go about mentioning the word "feminism" with the hope to poison the minds of the innocent up and coming generation needs to be jailed.

Issues that require communication, today's kids prefer to apply equality.

Issues that require understanding and tolerance, today's kids prefer to deploy the service of a divorce lawyer who is out there looking for a home to dissolve for survival.

It is well, before today's divorce-hungry and attention-starved kids ruin it all, I will let them know that some iron are unbendable. grin

Together, we'll sanitize the system. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by StrongWoman333(f): 8:04pm On Oct 01, 2018
Wow
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Pranaya(f): 9:37pm On Oct 01, 2018
This is the best thread I've come across on this site. The comments are dated back to 2005. Wow! Strongwoman333 thanks for sharing in your diary. I was here, learnt a lot reading through the pages and I hope to tell my story someday.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by StrongWoman333(f): 10:37pm On Oct 01, 2018
Pranaya:
This is the best thread I've come across on this site. The comments are dated back to 2005. Wow! Strongwoman333 thanks for sharing in your diary. I was here, learnt a lot reading through the pages and I hope to tell my story someday.
You are welcome. smiley
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by boladale(f): 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2018
Bookmarked. Me self i wan learn. Lemme come and read from start to finish.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by sisisioge: 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who dug this out? Chai! I can't read all this embarassed but will appreciate it if anyone could draw up updated list of eligible bachelors grin grin as that's the only thing that concerns me for now grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by mimopel(f): 10:42pm On Oct 02, 2018
harakiri:
I'll be back on or before 2018.Maybe i'll be married by then.

Hey! Are u married now?? It's 2018!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by ericbertrand(m): 4:39am On Oct 03, 2018
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who dug this out? Chai! I can't read all this embarassed but will appreciate it if anyone could draw up updated list of eligible bachelors grin grin as that's the only thing that concerns me for now grin grin
You are beautiful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Best1708(f): 6:52am On Oct 03, 2018
Very lovely
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by tabithababy(f): 3:15pm On Oct 03, 2018
Hmmmm cheesy
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by queenDD(f): 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2018
So beautiful, lots of memories and experiences. I hope to share my beautiful story someday, soonsmiley

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by egopersonified(f): 7:36pm On Oct 03, 2018
egopersonified:
This thread is classic, nl is really a place to be, i bet most people cant write all these on facebook and twitter. But I would also like to share my story.

The first day I met my husband, I was going from my sister's house to my father's house after her wedding and I went there to pack some goodies to take back to sch. Standing at d busstop with two mighty bags, my husband who was driving and his friend stopped to give me a lift, while on our way, his friend began to chat me up till he asked my name and I explained I wasnt Igbo and stated where I came from, immediately my husband who was driving like mad slowed down and started asking me series of questions(as in serious interview), only for us to find out we were both from d same place, our parents were childhood friends and my dad stayed with his dad during his nysc days(the first set of nysc).

They dropped me off and he later told me that he warned his friend that day that he should stay clear this was his wife. Since i was still in sch, i wasnt even thinking of marriage, so whenever he mentions it, I just laugh.

After sometime, we lost touch and I went for nysc,served in a villa with no network, only for me to open my mail one day and see series of mails from him, begging to com see me.

He officially asked me to marry him and I said yes, he went out the next day and bought the engagement, male and female wedding rings and gave them to me and I was like 'take it easy ohh'.

Everyone in my family fell In love with him and I almost became jealous sef, it was like I didnt deserve him(u no black sheep tinz), my father almost gave me out for free, to honour his friendship with my husband's late father, thank God for my 'wicked' uncles maybe I would have been the first bride without a bride price/dowry and made a laughing stock.

Eight years down d road, I ve never regretted making this decision, I had always asked God to give me a husband that I did not deserve and He did more than that. I ve never met a more selfless person, he can give the last he has to us and strangers, always calm, never holds any grudges,teaches me how to love and play with the kids and forgives on per second billing. You do not come to our home and not feel his love, his cousin actually told my sister that he wants to get married and be just like us, everyone is envious of our marriage, even in our difficulties. Indeed am truly blessed.

It has never crossed my mind to cheat, not once. And I believe this marriage would last forever. Thank u nl for awakening thoughts of the early special moments.

Erhhh, OK so didn't last forever as expected, lost him to death exactly five months after this post. But I have never had the 'why me' thoughts, life is so full of so many sweet surprises. I had actually forgotten about the rings part Of this story, all I can say is, God has never failed.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by OLUWAcypris1(f): 7:47pm On Oct 03, 2018
egopersonified:

Erhhh, OK so didn't last forever as expected, lost him to death exactly five months after this post. But I have never had the 'why me' thoughts, life is so full of so many sweet surprises. I had actually forgotten about the rings part Of this story, all I can say is, God has never failed.

Omg , so sorry about this
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by tunde82seidat(f): 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2018
egopersonified:

Wow!my condolences. Nothing lasts forever , it's not how far but how well .Keep the fond memories of the time spent together..May God be with you ma.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by oluwaseunla(m): 9:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
egopersonified:

Your story touched me when you made that post. The Lord is your strength ma'am.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by segmond(m): 10:34pm On Oct 03, 2018
egopersonified:

So so sorry about this.... sad
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by gaby(m): 7:45pm On Oct 04, 2018
Wow...shocked to see this thread...lol

It's been ages...
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by shobam1410(m): 8:15am On Oct 05, 2018
➡ *TOP MUST READ 20 BOOKS FOR INTENDING COUPLES AND NEWLY WEDS*

1. The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman.
2. Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas.
3. For Men Only: A Straightforward Guide to the Inner Lives of Women by Shaunti Feldhahn.
4. Love & Respect : the Love She Most Desires, the Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs.
5. Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage by Dr. Kevin Leman.
6. Communication in Marriage: How to Communicate with Your Spouse Without Fighting by Marcus & Ashley Kusi.
8. Created To Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl.
9. His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage by Willard F. Jr. Harley.
10. The Love Dare by Alex Kendrick.
11. You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity by Francis Chan.
12. Before You Say I Do by H. Norman Wright.
13. The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God by Timothy & Kathy Keller.
14. Intended for Pleasure. Sex Technique & Sexual Fulfillment in Christian Marriage by Ed Wheat.
15. Saving Your Marriage Before It by Dr. Les Parrott.
16. What's It Like to Be Married to Me? by Linda Dillow.
17. Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman.
18. For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men by Shaunti Fiedharn.
19. The Power of Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian.
20. The Model Marriage by Dag Heward Mills.

Charis Ebook Centre is the Largest digital bookstore in Nigeria.

ANY eBOOK by ANY AUTHOR in ANY AREA is AVAILABLE in our e-store.

Connect with us on Whatsapp thru 07051505626 or Call 08189300870.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 05, 2018
egopersonified:

so sorry for you loss ma. the lord be with you and the kids
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by chii8(f): 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2018
Nice and touchy stories....my own marriage will last forever by God's grace,we met during the festive period at the village,i was a fresh graduate,his family members welcomed me well,then,he didnt have much but i liked him,he treats me very well,loves me,cares and was very honest with me,9years don waka already,we still dey carry go,i never doubted his love and trust for me,we do have misunderstanding but we will eventually settle it,i was not really in love then but as time goes on,my love grew so much,that i overly became fond of him.

@egopersonified,sorry for your loss,Jehovah will honour and guide you

Modified::::2022, I'm still very much in love and God has been so faithful....

4 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Shokoloko(f): 3:55pm On Jan 11, 2019
egopersonified:

Oh dear one, I am so sorry for your loss. May God carry and protect you and yours.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by glassy(f): 11:23pm On Jan 11, 2019
egopersonified:

sorry to hear this ma'am, God is ever faithful
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by placeofallure(f): 7:56am On Jan 12, 2019
AngelaZ:
[/color][size=8pt]
wink I met my husband Sept, 1991. I was very young then, I had always told my mum and every one around that I was going to get married at 18, I thought i was kidding but the power of the tongue caught up with me. I had heard alot of good about Matthew (My husband) but thought he was much older and could not think of marrying me, but he did and to my shock he said " ... I am NOT looking for a girlfriend, I want a wife and I see those qualities in you". I had a good laugh first, cos it looked like he was acting a movie. That was in the hospital where my mum was lying ill.

Oct 10th was his birthday, so he took us out to dinner at Durbar Hotel in Kaduna. There he proposed in front of everyone, I was highly touched, moved by his thoughtfulness and romantic taste (He was my kind of dream man, tall, dark, intelligent and handsome gentle military man), I could not help but say Yes! He swept me off my feet, gave a big hug and kissed me passionately. He was irresistable.

... And because he was looking for a wife, we started planning our wedding, by December 22nd, we were married, there was no opposition, he had good records and was lovable. He loved me I MUST CONFESS. He helped with every thing, he had a horrible voice but loved singing to me, his favourite song goes like this

[color=#000099]
My Darlin, how are you doin
My darlin come near min
you are the only one which God has given you to min
My darlin come and kissy your husband.

My honey moon was at my Village, a place called wedi mission (meaning missionaries quaters). It was a beautiful quite peaceful area over looking the river Gongola. If every egg were to be ferterlized, I would have had 1000000000000000000000000000000
kids then, but God said No until six months later. I started getting worried about not concieving immediately but he was there all the way, he had so much faith and kept saying, "It is you I love and want to live the rest of my life with, children are secondary, besides they will come at God's time". Thank God she come on the 7th of May 1993. We wanted a boy but SHE CAME and he named her Eremo (God's Will).

Second week of Sept 1993, he was involved in a fatal motor accident, was hospitalized at the National Hospital Gwagwalada. Four days later (Will brief you another day) I lost my love, my life on the 15th of Sept. He was a perfect Husband and a wonderful father (Wished he lived longer to love her more and the other unborn kids), I had no regrets falling in love with him, if I had to live ten more lives, I will marry him over and over again. I do not think I would have been unfaithful and if he had not gone to be with the Lord, We would have lived forever... LOVE COVERS MULTITUDE OF SINS and LOVE VANISES WHEN GROWTH STOPS. The mind makes or breaks a home. He told me, there was a day in US he walked into a restaurant to have lunch, while he was sitting alone, he noticed a couple in their (About Eighties) walking in, the old man opened the door for his old wife to come in, pulled a chair for her to sit down, went over to sit, then picked up her hand and kissed, while he was ordering for the food, he was busy robbing her hand.That moved him to get married and promised to love his wife till old age (A promise he broke). but man proposes and God ...

Although this happened several years ago, it couldn't prevent the tears from dropping. This is emotionally sapping. I hope you and Eremo are okay. Take heart Ma'am.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by sisisioge: 8:08am On Jan 12, 2019
egopersonified:

The God that never slumbers would stay on your case...all will be well with you and yours.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Oluwaseun0704(m): 10:16pm On Mar 27, 2019
Whaoooo. So I am reading this in 2019
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
I need to read this from page 1 grin...
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Spechialone(f): 10:52pm On May 31, 2019
AngelaZ:
[/color][size=8pt]
wink I met my husband Sept, 1991. I was very young then, I had always told my mum and every one around that I was going to get married at 18, I thought i was kidding but the power of the tongue caught up with me. I had heard alot of good about Matthew (My husband) but thought he was much older and could not think of marrying me, but he did and to my shock he said " ... I am NOT looking for a girlfriend, I want a wife and I see those qualities in you". I had a good laugh first, cos it looked like he was acting a movie. That was in the hospital where my mum was lying ill.

Oct 10th was his birthday, so he took us out to dinner at Durbar Hotel in Kaduna. There he proposed in front of everyone, I was highly touched, moved by his thoughtfulness and romantic taste (He was my kind of dream man, tall, dark, intelligent and handsome gentle military man), I could not help but say Yes! He swept me off my feet, gave a big hug and kissed me passionately. He was irresistable.

... And because he was looking for a wife, we started planning our wedding, by December 22nd, we were married, there was no opposition, he had good records and was lovable. He loved me I MUST CONFESS. He helped with every thing, he had a horrible voice but loved singing to me, his favourite song goes like this

[color=#000099]
My darlin come near min

My honey moon was at my Village, a place called wedi mission (meaning missionaries quaters). It was a beautiful quite peaceful area over looking the river Gongola. If every egg were to be ferterlized, I would have had 1000000000000000000000000000000
kids then, but God said No until six months later. I started getting worried about not concieving immediately but he was there all the way, he had so much faith and kept saying, "It is you I love and want to live the rest of my life with, children are secondary, besides they will come at God's time". Thank God she come on the 7th of May 1993. We wanted a boy but SHE CAME and he named her Eremo (God's Will).

Second week of Sept 1993, he was involved in a fatal motor accident, was hospitalized at the National Hospital Gwagwalada. Four days later (Will brief you another day) I lost my love, my life on the 15th of Sept. He was a perfect Husband and a wonderful father (Wished he lived longer to love her more and the other unborn kids), I had no regrets falling in love with him, if I had to live ten more lives, I will marry him over and over again. I do not think I would have been unfaithful and if he had not gone to be with the Lord, We would have lived forever... LOVE COVERS MULTITUDE OF SINS and LOVE VANISES WHEN GROWTH STOPS. The mind makes or breaks a home. He told me, there was a day in US he walked into a restaurant to have lunch, while he was sitting alone, he noticed a couple in their (About Eighties) walking in, the old man opened the door for his old wife to come in, pulled a chair for her to sit down, went over to sit, then picked up her hand and kissed, while he was ordering for the food, he was busy robbing her hand.That moved him to get married and promised to love his wife till old age (A promise he broke). but man proposes and God ...
..............And I cried...
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by chii8(f): 2:12am On Jun 01, 2019
This is 2019....Marriage is huge.

And Seun still never tell us his own story.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by oluplus(m): 7:33am On Jun 01, 2019
egopersonified:

Oh noooooo.
So sorry about your loss. May God comfort you.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by oluplus(m): 7:35am On Jun 01, 2019
AngelaZ:
[/color][size=8pt]

[color=#000099]
My darlin come near min

It is well with you and Eremo. The Lord himself will comfort you

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / My Son Caught I And His Mother In The Most Embarassing Way / 'RIP To My Useless Father' - Corper Celebrates His Father's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.