Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:59 PM

Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know (94741 Views)

Nigeria Has Over N 2.7Trn In Treasury Single Account ( TSA ) – AGF / Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy / Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by smuth(m): 8:16am On Sep 15, 2015
drey076:

I am the greatest fool ever seen,
Jonathan although initiated(to deceive fool like me as if he was a devil) but never enforced it because corruption was running in Ameachi's vein
Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by Empredboy(m): 9:22am On Sep 15, 2015
psucc:
I don't know how good you will try to explain this.
To me, we should always weigh the pros and the con of every policy. The operation cum advantages of the TSA will affect the Nigerian economy negatively than what we are told. From inadequate fund to enhance bank lending to the investing public to staff layoff.
Nigeria cannot afford to cope with TSA.
We don't like to change our situation becos we fear risk. Let me remind u, when bank consolidation started people said it will cause mass sack but now we have seen the long run effects, what about telecommunications people were crying cos of the tariff initially but now u and I know how much we pay and the multiplier effects. This was the same telecommunications our NLC led by now EDO state governor fought the Fed government against deregulation. So my brother don't look at the short, medium run effects but the long run effects. Becos 'NO PAY NO GAIN'

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by Bet4life: 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
The implementation of this TSA policy is a good step in the right direction. I pray that the PMB leed government will commence immediately with the reconstruction of delapitated infrastructures accross the country.
Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by Adminisher: 3:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
psucc:
To me, we should always weigh the pros and the con of every policy. The operation cum advantages of the TSA will affect the Nigerian economy negatively than what we are told. From inadequate fund to enhance bank lending to the investing public to staff layoff.

Commercial banks are expected to source funds from the international monetary system. The standards are higher and efficiency is better when you are lending out funds composed of US workers retirement and pensions or another big US bank. No rubbish is tolerated and it will make the banks more professional. Depending on cheap free government money is unsustainable.
Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by Adminisher: 3:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
psucc:
Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by emmyblackky(m): 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2015
dave2meek:
After all said, the policy will send some bankers back to the labour market, causing more congestion in the already congested labour market.

The aftermath of the policy is dat more youths will get jobs as less politrical robbers will have access to our sovereign fund.

Where are the wailing wailers and their burukutu counterparts? I dey watch una from ontop dis mountain
Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by emmyblackky(m): 9:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
smuth:

Oga give credit to whome credit is due...I did not hear you mention Jonathan as the initiator of the scheme in this your long post, why are all Buhari's supporters like this for Christ sake? ingrates i must say, Buhari only pick up from were Jonathan left off yet you people act as if it was Buhari that started the program, mind you history CANNOT be errased, we all now who started implementing the scheme even Buhari confirmed it was Jonathan. case closed.

A wailer wailing in 4D. Bro, I feel ur pain, but how long would it have taken Jonathan to implement it? GEJ or PMB, alk I know is dat TSA wil be beneficial to us all in the long run
Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by Azicoly: 11:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
« hmmm
Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by IcemanP(m): 11:21am On Sep 18, 2015
This country is now progressing
Nice one!
Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by ehizario2012: 2:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
seun005:
We now have a government, TSA is constitutional.......after all, no b buhari write d constitution! Our past leaders/government/administration as bn so weak & inactive that d wrong things as bn upheld in all areas of government activities nd policies.

Let me d diamond/zenith bank that will now say acct registration is 50k.......una go beg for customers tire (thank God for GTB dts operates zero acct balance)

Its Funny some young Nigerians still don't c anything good frm dis policy, Nigeria's future problem is really d youth level of thinking.........hp d new govt start to do smth abt it.
Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by ehizario2012: 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2015
seun005:
We now have a government, TSA is constitutional.......after all, no b buhari write d constitution! Our past leaders/government/administration as bn so weak & inactive that d wrong things as bn upheld in all areas of government activities nd policies.

Let me d diamond/zenith bank that will now say acct registration is 50k.......una go beg for customers tire (thank God for GTB dts operates zero acct balance)

Its Funny some young Nigerians still don't c anything good frm dis policy, Nigeria's future problem is really d youth level of thinking.........hp d new govt start to do smth abt it.

Heritage Bank operates Zero balance on all accounts including savings account and I think is the only bank operating Zero COT regular current and corporate accounts.
The hustle is real.
Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by psucc(m): 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
Well, I still maintain my position that WE CANNOT AFFORD TO OPERATE THE TSA NOW!!
When we talk about making money available to govt, what is the essence if not to stimulate the desired level of economic activities that will generate employment for the citizens?
Any policy which implementation leads to job cuts can be done in gradual process if it is expedient to implement.

They are many other ways to catch a rat.
Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by WorldChanger7: 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2015
This is a huge opportunity for the nigerian banks to think outside the box because there are great opportunities for deposit mobilization in the economy. Here is a link on such idea for the bank: https://www./nigerian-banks-heres-idea-whose-time-has-come-oluwaseun-adesanya?trk=pulse_spock-articles
Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by maritose: 4:06am On Oct 08, 2015
The TSA implementation seems ok to ♍ƺ. At least it will curb mismanagement of public funds. I just hope the revenue generated will be put to good use in the public sector to move this nation forward.
Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by Kentiman(m): 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
I love this post. I love TSA. Why didn't they implement it since?
Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by airminem(f): 9:02am On Nov 17, 2015
Remita is a body giving services to the FG of Nigeria, through a system technology of retrieving Government funds from commercial banks at a percent rate of all funds remited and shared between stake holders, including the CBN.
Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by seyedprof(m): 4:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
The idea of TSA policy will be very beneficial in the long run though some sectors will suffer temporarily. Any policy will definitely come with its shortcomings but our ability to forsee the opportunities and benefits that will be created makes the difference.#I support TSA
Re: Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know by cbravo3: 9:08am On May 21, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12 Great African Inventions That Changed The World / Gabriel Emmanuel Nkanang Customized Grave With Light (Photos) / Dino Melaye Used Fake Rolls Royce Ghost Hearse For Mum's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.