Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,546 members, 7,801,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) (66890 Views)

Multiple Bomb Blasts At CBN Quarters In Maiduguri. Photos/Video / Buratai Commissions Student Officers Quarters In Jaji (pics) / Herd Of Cattle At CBN Quarters In Abuja (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by knighttroy: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2015
SHOCKING LIVING OF CUSTOMS OFFICERS

Officers of the Nigeria Customs Service have been complaining of the dilapidated barracks they call home. Many officers serving in the headquarters, Garki and other units around karu are not happy with their living conditions which some of the officers said it can be compare to abodes for pigs and rats.

I came to know about this when I visited a friend who lives in one of the NCS barracks in Karu site, Abuja. When he told me about all what they are passing through there, I felt so sorry for him. Looking at the environs it’s not meant for humans beings not to talk of law enforcement officers with their families. With such living condition tell me how officers won’t be involve in corrupt and illegal deals in order to leave squalor. Look at how they are surrounded my sucker ways, dustbin and bushes. How can humans be living here? No wonder they refer to the block as block “RC” {Refugee Camp}.

According reports online many housing units have been built for rank and file officers. Looking around I saw some newly built two story building of about thirty rooms per block. When I asked one of the officers he said I should forget about Customs because the state of nepotism in the service is too much. Eager to know what he meant I pressurized him to tell me and he said the new built blocks were supposed to be theirs because in 2012 the house they were living in was demolished by the directives of the former Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Dikko that a new block be erected. In other for them to have a temporary place to lay their head, they were given a very small room that cannot enter 23incs foam {mattress} but they have to manage it since they were promised by the authorities that it will be for an interim. At the completion of the houses the officers who were living at the house that was demolished since 2012 applied for accommodation in the said house that was promised to them but their countless letters were futile. They regrouped themselves and wrote another letter through the barracks provost of Karu yet the person who was in charge of allocation and accommodation deliberately refused to allocate the houses to them even after coming to see where those officers were staying that it was not good yet he told them to still pack out of that one in two weeks’ time when the officer asked where are they to pack to, he told them that is not his business maybe they don’t know him that he is Mr. Burukunu {Mr. Pepper}. It’s either pack out or he will throw their things out.

Later on the new houses was all allocated to different officers who are his friends, boys, relatives and boys of the Oga at the top at the detriment of those who were occupying it before. In anger one of the officers intruded into our conversation and say nearly all the people that have houses allocated them did have house before but because of they know the Mr. Burukunu so he gave houses again to them while others didn’t have even one to live in with their families.

On my way going out I saw all these building and some rooms are not yet occupied why not just allocate these empty rooms to those who deserve it? Why is it that all this Oga at the top like to see their fellow human suffer like this? Its really uncalled-for. Let us join hands together and fight all these injustice and nepotism in our country please an injustice to one is an injustice to all.

I beg the new leaders of our country and that of the service headed by Col Ali Hameed to do justice to this issue of accommodation in karu barracks.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by tayebest(m): 10:41am On Sep 15, 2015
eehya

I see another reason why customs are always for money on roadsides.... SMH undecided

1 Like

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by knighttroy: 10:42am On Sep 15, 2015
more photos

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by knighttroy: 10:45am On Sep 15, 2015
note the new building is where they were suppose to stay but they are been kept in an old building that looks like a poultry

1 Like

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by hrhobi1(m): 10:50am On Sep 15, 2015
Let's hope for the best.

F 2 C.
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by delishpot: 11:07am On Sep 15, 2015
The ogas at the top are to blame. They should stone them out of office because I am sure they get the monthly allocation to run their organization but they swallow it all like snakes swallow eggs

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by kestolove95(m): 11:14am On Sep 15, 2015
Tinz will change...very soon

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by lunaticfringe: 11:18am On Sep 15, 2015
Yes nah!!!! What do you expect from the only country where suffering and smiling are tagged as acts of loyalty... Crazy lots abound in the zoo....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 15, 2015
Jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by juman(m): 11:28am On Sep 15, 2015
The barrack is not good.

But go to police barrack, you would see nigeria yansh. grin

Police barracks are the worse barracks in the country.

A failed country.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by nasty45(m): 11:29am On Sep 15, 2015
Eyah
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by ndaman25: 11:42am On Sep 15, 2015
hummmmm

1 Like

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by anonimi: 11:43am On Sep 15, 2015
Sai Baba's body language will soon clean up the mess for them, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2828696_obamalaughinghisasssoff_gifc7cedb480230b0749cd286a7c72aac4a

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by laurel03(m): 11:43am On Sep 15, 2015
Even zoological garden look better than ds place.... #Nigeria problems no be small...
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Aitee1: 11:43am On Sep 15, 2015
Hmmmmm...their condition is better compare to that of NPF

But I don't pity them though, the rate at which they rob citizens in the name of custom duties is enough for such to befall them undecided

6 Likes

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by tobtap: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2015
looks shitty undecided
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Paschal001: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2015
So pathetic.. ...
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:44am On Sep 15, 2015
This is SAD...
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by ephi123(f): 11:44am On Sep 15, 2015
Maintenance culture in Nigeria, zero!
By the way, I hope they are not expecting government to come and help keep their environment clean

11 Likes

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by donholy28(m): 11:44am On Sep 15, 2015
See as these customs officers dirty reach...dem no fit maintain their environment
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by LMAyedun(m): 11:44am On Sep 15, 2015
Keneking:
Jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked
What has Jonathan got to do with this now..? Don't you pple get tired..? Jonathan is out of Gov't but u pple won't still allow him rest.

Same with APC and Buhari even after 3yrs of Buhari's cluelesssness, he will still be blaming GEJ. May God help Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 15, 2015
Nigeria is the worst country on the planet. Nothing works there! Ptui! cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by MadCow1: 11:45am On Sep 15, 2015
Ok
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by juliusocean(m): 11:45am On Sep 15, 2015
attempting to give a fu¢k...................continues watching fifty shades of grey,I thought they said this movie was full of πudity ...I done waste 250mb

1 Like

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by emmatok(m): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2015
Well thats better than Poilce or Army barracks grin

1 Like

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by alaoeri: 11:46am On Sep 15, 2015
Na this magnificent edifice you dey call dilapidated, goto police barrack for Ikeja & u go fear.

1 Like

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Sunnymatey(m): 11:47am On Sep 15, 2015
As far as am concern, they is nothing wrong with those buildings structurally, the only issue here is bad sanitation by its occupants. Comare dis with police barracks.

11 Likes

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by kamez(m): 11:47am On Sep 15, 2015
I feel no pity for them... when u encounter any of them at the airport, you will understand my point..

customs+ immigration officers deserve to be housed in a zoo if possible.

corrupt mofos
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Ebukaobi: 11:47am On Sep 15, 2015
Jonathan was in office for over 6 years and yet he abandoned Custom officers.

It is shameful that these officers are living in these conditions

Very soon Tonyebarcanista and his bed fellows will tell us it is Buhari's fault

3 Likes

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by donholy28(m): 11:47am On Sep 15, 2015
Keneking:
is he ur father?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

June 12- Governor Seyi Makinde Joins Protesters In Ibadan (Video) / "Holy Moses, Kwankwaso Locks Down Kano" - Dele Momodu Says / Buhari's Ambassadorial Nominees And Their State Of Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.