Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ (2447 Views)

Ita Awak: The Lamentation Of A Cursed Politician :by Friday Willie / Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request / Aregbesola To Pay March, April Salaries By Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by osemwengie1: 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2015
APC FALSE CONFIDENCE AND THE SHOCKER OF 2016
Since the conclusion of the 2015 elections,APCItes in Edo state have not only be arrogant and un-magnanimous in their success but they have been counting their 2016 chickens even when they are yet to treat their seriously bruised layer( party). According to one Victor Oshoke,they ( APC) are almost 99% sure of installing the successor to Oshiomhole as Governor in 2016. I had thought to go on some sort of political break but statements like Oshoke's have clearly provoked me to reconsider that option. Oshoke and his APCItes could not be more delusional. They failed to correctly understood the dynamics of Edo state politics. They are expecting people from katsina to come and give them governor in edo state in 2016. I play square and have therefore decided to school them some:
(1) APC won the presidential elections nationwide but in this success,the edo APC contributed little. PDP won 16 out of 18 LGAS in the state for President Jonathan. One can safely say that APC lost and PDP won.
(2) Edo constitutionally have 3 senators. PDP produced 2 and APC 1. Again PDP won and APC lost this in edo.
(3) Out of the 9 House of Reps members in Edo state,PDP won five. Here again PDP won and APC lost in Edo making it 3-0 in favour of PDP.
(4) In the House of Assembly Elections,APC won 21 out of 24. Bringing the scores to 3-1 still in favour of PDP in Edo state.
For APC,the expression of Edo people in the presidency,senate and house of Reps does not matter. It is the House of Assembly that matters. Based on this,they believe they are going to win the governorship elections next year. What a fallacious and pedestrian way of political thinking?
(A) House of Assembly is not only the least determinant of political strength in the state but APC won because of the covert and overt support of PDP strongmen. For Example: Capt Hosa collapsed PDP structure in Edo South to elevate the rating of APC national chairman Oyegun in his party. In Edo North,same was done by Shagadi et tal to remove shame from Oshiomhole who has started jumping from pillar to post that he was rigged in Edo state just to get back into the good graces of his party leaders. The current chief whip is my cousin. Do you think I campaigned against him as I did against Buhari? Enough of APC overhyped house of assembly victory.
(B) APCItes failed to get the message that has been circulating since 2013. Edo are fed up with APC. The likely outcome of the local council elections if we had voted is a clear manifestation of our general disenchantment. PDP would have won 17/18 in that elections if results were not conjured from Osadebey's Avenue.
(C) APC have no visible achievements of Oshiomhole to show. People no longer buy the lucky spin of 8 locust years,shop rite sign post,collapsed hospital,red roofed school blocks and public showmanship. People are now grappling with the reality of Oshiomhole's 8 Nero years. We are aware that,what lucky received as federal allocation in 8 years is less than what Oshiomhole received in his first 43 months. Add that to the astronomically increased taxes and IGR. The lies,the intimidations,the oppressions and arrogance of APC have strained our nerves to the limit. OPERATION APC MUST GO was officially launched in 2013. Nothing has changed. It will be actualized ironically with APC change mantra.
APC HAVE NO VIABLE GUBER CANDIDATE..
Now,let us look at a very serious problem that APC have and they don't know. They have no viable candidate to put forward. Their best is Ogie and second best is Odubu.

OGIE:::

If you ask anybody outside Oredo about Osarodion Ogie,they will retort; Ogie who? He is a good man and very honest and decisive chap,but politically,he is not game. Too withdrawn and lacks self confidence. He can hardly been considered for senate let alone Governor. He is not known.Nobody wants a governor that will be introducing himself throughout his tenure instead of working.

ODUBU::

The man Oshiomhole himself calls native doctor. You think its a joke? Oshiomhole uses it to spite not to praise him. He meant that,for him Oshiomhole,he would have preferred Odubu to continue manning his village shrine than coming into politics. And Oshiomhole is right. This man's only function as a deputy governor have been attending naming,burial and thanksgiving ceremonies. Nothing else. It is scandalous that he is talking of being the governor of so sophisticated a state as Edo. Well,not with my PVC anyway.
Let me quickly point out that I picked the candidates from Edo south. It is obvious now that the pendulum of both parties is pointing that way.

PDP'S
Pastor Ize Iyamu and Solomon Edebiri.

Both are not only known everywhere in the state,they are also clearly Gubernatorial materials. Ize Iyamu is even more popular that Oshiomhole himself in Edo state. He has the magic wand for winning elections. He left Oshiomhole and APC and Oshiomhole and APC were crushed by PDP. Edebiri himself once floored Oshiomhole in gubernatorial debate in 2012. Pdp's two frontline candidates can defeat Osho himself let alone any of the political Lilliputians that APC is trying to push forward. Professor Oshodi,Senator Uzamere are also in the wings. They ranked above APC first candidates too.
Talk of asking the praying mantis to show the hands he alleged he used in conquering the lion. He raised his two caricature appendages. Now,we should ask APC;
You don't have the number,
You don't have the goodwill,
You don't have the money,
You don't have the necessary candidates
How are you going to win against the WILL of the Edo people as likely to be represented by the PDP?
Deafening silence.....

2 Likes

Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
Now, this is a joke!
Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
Thank you for this insight @OP. The end of APC in Nigeria is near... From Kogi to Bayelsa next to Edo and Ondo states in 2016. Come 2018, PDP shall uproot APC from Osun state and go for the Final kill by sending Buhari to Daura and Osinbajo back to Bourdillon in 2019.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by hob(m): 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
Story 4 d gods
Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
rigging..
the come n raid governor would rig it....

1 Like

Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
@op do u live in Edo state at all,how can you say that they are no big wigs for governorship in APC in Edo..you mentioned ogie and odubu,what about the likes of gen airhiavbere,Chris ogiemwonyi,imasuagbon to mention a few..we all in Edo state know that osagie ize Iyamu is going nowhere near government house.
Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by themilanway(m): 12:44pm On Sep 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Thank you for this insight @OP. The end of APC in Nigeria is near... From Kogi to Bayelsa next to Edo and Ondo states in 2016. Come 2018, PDP shall uproot APC from Osun state and go for the Final kill by sending Buhari to Daura and Osinbajo back to Bourdillon in 2019.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Keep foaming in the mouth as usual
Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
grin grin grin
themilanway:

grin
themilanway:

1 Like

Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by osemwengie1: 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2015
Welcome to uzebu quarter (erhunmwunse Street and environs). This is the heart of benin city

1 Like

Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by Dcomrade(m): 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
PDP is taking over EDO...it's non negotiable.
IMO: the voting pattern:
EDO NORTH-APC
EDO CENTRAL-PDP
EDO SOUTH-70% PDP & 30%APC

2 Likes

Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I advise that you wake up from slumber cause if you can't visibly see the good things this present government has been been able achieve within this time frame, then you MUST be a LIVING-DEAD
Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by osemwengie1: 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2015
Mercie97:
@op do u live in Edo state at all,how can you say that they are no big wigs for governorship in APC in Edo..you mentioned ogie and odubu,what about the likes of gen airhiavbere,Chris ogiemwonyi,imasuagbon to mention a few..we all in Edo state know that osagie ize Iyamu is going nowhere near government house.
. The guys you mentioned cant even win their pooling boot. airhiavbere is a an evidence to that. We all know APC/Oshiomole wants ogie, and he will be their candidate and that will be their down fall. Edo central and Edo South is PDP ( as shown in the senatorial election).

1 Like

Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by erunz(m): 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
Enough embarrassment that this so called Oshiomole have caused Edo pple. Come 2016 we will finally chase APC out of EDO State. My Esan brothers are ready, while Benin brothers are also good to go, Auchi good to go. South South is a no go area for APC

2 Likes

Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by erunz(m): 1:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
osemwengie1:
. The guys you mentioned cant even win their pooling boot. airhiavbere is a an evidence to that. We all know APC/Oshiomole wants ogie, and he will be their candidate and that will be their down fall. Edo central and Edo South is PDP ( as shown in the senatorial election).
Edo central is a no no for APC.

1 Like

Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
osemwengie1:
Nigerians are wiser now. We now vote for the individual candidate based on past antecedents and not the political party. So my take is, let the best candidate with the political will and clout to better the lot of communes in Edo State win.
Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by osemwengie1: 1:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
partnerus:

I advise that you wake up from slumber cause if you can't visibly see the good things this present government has been been able achieve within this time frame, then you MUST be a LIVING-DEAD
which include, the over 10,000 E-YES workers sacked in one day, the over 10,000 teachers sacked in one day , no employment and all the Edo line workers sacked in one day, the sacked bendel insurance workers, the dead bendel brewery, the inability of govt to attract industries to the state apart from Dangote cement which was already in place before he came to power.

1 Like

Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by osemwengie1: 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
partnerus:

Nigerians are wiser now. We now vote for the individual candidate based on past antecedents and not the political party. So my take is, let the best candidate with the political will and clout to better the lot of communes in Edo State win.
. I agree with you, and among the candidates, PDP has the best candidates.

1 Like

Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2015
osemwengie1:
. I agree with you, and among the candidates, PDP has the best candidates.
The electorates will decide that.
Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
osemwengie1:
which include, the over 10,000 E-YES workers sacked in one day, the over 10,000 teachers sacked in one day , no employment and all the Edo line workers sacked in one day, the sacked bendel insurance workers, the dead bendel brewery, the inability of govt to attract industries to the state apart from Dangote cement which was already in place before he came to power.
If you are not been economical with the truth, you'll agree with me that this present administration has done well. Oshomole may not have performed to optimal level but he deserves commendation. Government cut across all levels is a continuous process and so whoever that will be saddled with the mantle of leadership in the state come 2016 should continue from where Oshomole stopped.
Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by osemwengie1: 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2015
partnerus:

If you are not been economical with the truth, you'll agree with me that this present administration has done well. Oshomole may not have performed to optimal level but he deserves commendation. Government cut across all levels is a continuous process and so whoever that will be saddled with the mantle of leadership in the state come 2016 should continue from where Oshomole stopped.
. In what areas has he done well. and dont forget Edo state received more funds during Oshiomole's administration than Lucky's administration.
Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 15, 2015
partnerus:

My guy to be frank with you, Igbinedion is a saint where Oshiomole is. Do you know how much was borrowed for 8 years and another 175 million dollars last month without nothing to show for it. If you live in Edo you will understand me. Come Edo state and see roads for yourself then you know what I am saying. Painting an already good and motorable road and centre of attraction(Airport road, ring road, mission road, pavements in Sapele and Akpakpava road) is not an achievement. Even GRA roads aren't motorable not to talk of rural roads. In Edo South Go to Egor, Ikpoba Okha, Ekenwan, Circular then you know what I am saying. Edo Central was abandoned, Edo North achievement was only dualization of Poly road and the road leading to his village. He crippled and sold all existing companies like the Ewu flower mill, Ehor fruit company, Okpilla cement factory and so many others.
He has be building Central hospital for almost 8 years now.
Administrative building in AAU for almost 8 years.
Fake water projects.
MANY I CAN'T NAME

1 Like

Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 15, 2015
osemwengie1:
. In what areas has he done well
Massive road infrastructures through out the state and by so doing salvaging Edo state from the pitiable state which the Igbenedion dynasty left in a total state of collapse, revamping of the educational system in Edo state, revolutionalizing the state civil service which is the engine room of any government in power(including your PDP government-to-come; that's if voted for), revamping of the public transport system in Edo state, zero tolerance for crime (of course you'll agree with me on the sorry state of security in Edo state during PDP led govt in Edo state), youth empowerment and wealth creation programme and a host of others but to mention a few. Even a blind man in Edo state will attestate to these few achievements I have mentioned. I go on and on but for typing stress.
Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 15, 2015
Skillbobralph:

My guy to be frank with you, Igbinedion is a saint where Oshiomole is. Do you know how much was borrowed for 8 years and another 175 million dollars last month without nothing to show for it. If you live in Edo you will understand me. Come Edo state and see roads for yourself then you know what I am saying. Painting an already good and motorable road is not an achievement.
I humbly beg to agree with you to an extent. Like I said, he MAY NOT have performed OPTIMALLY, but he has done CREDITABLY well. You don't expect Oshomole to clean the rot orchestrated by the past PDP led govt in Edo state coupled with the aspirations of Edo communes who voted Oshomole into office; to be achieved within 8years. No way!!! Government is a continuous process.
Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
partnerus:

I humbly beg to agree with you to an extent. Like I said, he MAY NOT have performed OPTIMALLY, but he has done CREDITABLY well. You don't expect Oshomole to clean the rot orchestrated by the past PDP led govt in Edo state coupled with the aspirations of Edo communes who voted Oshomole into office; to be achieved within 8years. No way!!! Government is a continuous process.

After good 8 years in office you still blaming your predecessors. I think that's acceptance of failure by the present government. We all clamoured for this guy in Edo years back but today I will say 80% want his as kick out.

2 Likes

Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
Skillbobralph:

After good 8 years in office you still blaming your predecessors. I think that's acceptance of failure by the present government
Don't get it misconstrued. All I am saying is He has fought a good fight and has unarguably won the fight, for Rome wasn't built in a day.
Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by osemwengie1: 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
partnerus:

Massive road infrastructures through out the state and by so doing salvaging Edo state from the pitiable state which the Igbenedion dynasty left in a total state of collapse, revamping of the educational system in Edo state[b] (False, it has become more expensive for the average person to send their wards to schoool (AAU fees increase significantly))[/b], revolutionalizing the state civil service which is the engine room of any government in power(including your PDP government-to-come; that's if voted for) How, revamping of the public transport system in Edo state ( False, he crippled Edo line and sacked all its workers, He met a functional Edo Line and Edo City transport services when he assumed office), zero tolerance for crime (of course you'll agree with me on the sorry state of security in Edo state during PDP led govt in Edo state) (False, massive increase in kidnapping and cultism since he assumed office. Massive increase in agberos since he assumed office. He encourage Tony Kabaka in his crime on Edo people, youth empowerment and wealth creation programme[b] ( Scam, he has sacked all those he employed on the programme)[/b] and a host of others but to mention a few ( The only thing he did was to add walk ways and street light (not functioning currently) to ringroad , Mission road, Airport road and Sakponba road. Even a blind man in Edo state will attestate to these few achievements I have mentioned ( False). I go on and on but for typing stress.
. Do you live in Edo State
Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by osemwengie1: 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
Skillbobralph:

After good 8 years in office you still blaming your predecessors ( Thats APC for you). I think that's acceptance of failure by the present government. We all clamoured for this guy in Edo years back but today I will say 80% want his as kick out[b] ( I even broke my head in celebration of his victory, infact whenever i cut my hair and people see the scar they still call me Oshiomole)[/b].
Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2015
osemwengie1:
. Do you live in Edo State
You are only been partisan and so I can understand the school of thought you're coming from.
Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by osemwengie1: 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2015
Welcome to Ekpoma

Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
PDP might likely reclaim Edo with Ize Iyamu and surely Bayelsa but Kogi is lost to the APC. Ondo is dicey, it could go either way, Ekiti will remain in PDP and Osun might switch in 2018 with Aregbesola's unpopularity.
Re: PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ by ESHOIZA: 10:02pm On Sep 15, 2015
Skillbobralph:

My guy to be frank with you, Igbinedion is a saint where Oshiomole is. Do you know how much was borrowed for 8 years and another 175 million dollars last month without nothing to show for it. If you live in Edo you will understand me. Come Edo state and see roads for yourself then you know what I am saying. Painting an already good and motorable road and centre of attraction(Airport road, ring road, mission road, pavements in Sapele and Akpakpava road) is not an achievement. Even GRA roads aren't motorable not to talk of rural roads. In Edo South Go to Egor, Ikpoba Okha, Ekenwan, Circular then you know what I am saying. Edo Central was abandoned, Edo North achievement was only dualization of Poly road and the road leading to his village. He crippled and sold all existing companies like the Ewu flower mill, Ehor fruit company, Okpilla cement factory and so many others.
He has be building Central hospital for almost 8 years now.
Administrative building in AAU for almost 8 years.
Fake water projects.
MANY I CAN'T NAME
U̶̲̥̅̊ really have knowledge of Edo State but as much as ℓ̊ agree with you dt doesn't make Lucky better of. Jst dt much is expected of the so convincing lying noise maker. He kick-started well but d end thereof seem awful. But note dt Edo indigenes are not suffering frm AMNESIA as to hw PDP lead d state, so ℓ̊ will rather say d most popular aspirant wil take d day and not about Oshio(APC) or PDP anymore

(1) (Reply)

You Can’t Succeed Without Ndigbo, Senator Tells Buhari / See Why Gov. Oshiomhole Is Rated The Best Worker Friendly Governor In Nigeria. / Top Ten Books Every Nigerian Revolutionary Must Read(photos)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.