Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo (20006 Views)

Nigeria Finishes Second Position At All African Games / Athletics Ends With Nigeria Winning 10 GOLD Medals At All African Games! / Nigeria Vs Ghana : All African Games - (2 - 0) On 9th September 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by 2dillu2(m): 1:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
Nigeria’s Yakubu Adesokan has set a new World Record in the Power lifting event of the ongoing African Games in Congo.

Adesokan, who in the times past has won many medals for Nigeria in various international events, set the new record in the Men’s up to 49kg category as he lifted a massive 182.5kg to win another gold medal for Team Nigeria.

Interestingly, Adesokan had said before going to Congo that he had not just wining the gold medal on his mind but he hoped to win in spectacular fashion with a world record.

“It is my desire to put forth outrageous performances in this year’s competitions, which will boost my world ranking and also present me as one of the strong athletes to beat at the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games,” Adesokan had told paralympic.org before the competition in Congo commenced.

Many expect that the physically challenged athletes, particularly the power lifters, will deliver more gold medals for Nigeria and they have started on a bright note with Adesokan setting the tone.

Nearly 100 athletes from 20 countries will compete in the IPC Powerlifting event as part of the 2015 All African Games

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/190121-breaking-african-games-nigerian-power-lifter-set-new-world-record-in-congo.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Congratulations to him

lalasticlala let's celebrate him

10 Likes

Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
Congrats man. Big Ups!

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by 2dillu2(m): 2:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
Congrats once again

6 Likes

Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by Lovexme(m): 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
Congrats man.

The power of Naija cool

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by oxygen247(m): 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
CONGRATS BRO
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by AIYELE(m): 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
Omo Agege 2nd to halla
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by gokay11(m): 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
Congratulations bro,na diz kind news we want no be all diz drug pushers wey dey spoil naija name up and down.

12 Likes

Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by AIYELE(m): 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
Congrat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by phameous: 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
Physically challenged doing things worthwhile... While some girls with hands and legs complete be terrorizing akwa ibom.

10 Likes

Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by ayo4dworld(m): 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
Congratulations to him. Keep it up
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
Thumbs up
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by wendycindy(f): 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
Congratulobia
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by room089: 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Na ibo man?

4 Likes

Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by SimpleDestiny: 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Congratulations man
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by gbens2000(m): 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Thank u sir.shine on nigeria my great country.GOD blless y'all

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by braine(m): 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Good for us.
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by ojoadeola: 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Congrats. Nice one.
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by NinaArsenal(f): 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
Congratulations to him
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by olaolu20: 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
congratulations smileycongratulations
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by damiloladuke: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
great, am so happy for that

ARE YOU A BLOGGER or YOU NEED EXTRA INCOME, CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by dont8(m): 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
Fresh air and the power of belief.

I'm the next Adenuga...
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by shizzy7(f): 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
YYYYYAAAAAYYYY
In weightlifting,, Nigeria will always win
That's where you see the Importance of Efficient eating of pounded Yam,StarchAkpu,Eba,Fufu,Amala

If they've been eating indomie and Ogi,,they will NEVER win..
In other news Tosin OKE also won Gold in Triple jump

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
K
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by Ilekeh(f): 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
room089:
Na ibo man?

Does he sound like a drug peddler?
Was the competition in Malaysia or Indonesia?

We've been setting records (moving mountains) before we knew we could.

Pontaboki:
Oya where are the Northerners?,na only to throw bomb dem sabi?.I am asking the Slaves,please where are your masters?.Ndi Ara!!!!!

Make I call one Ijaw man to come and pick you up?

16 Likes

Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by jazinogold(m): 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
hmm
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by jenyna: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
Thumps up man
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
good one.
Record Breaker.

bt i knw of one Hausa man dat can carry FOUR (4) bags of dagote Cement.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by mondbest(m): 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
congrats to him
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by 4peace(m): 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ilekeh:

Does he sound like a drug peddler?
Was the competition in Malaysia or Indonesia?
lolx grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo by Pontaboki: 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
Oya where are the Northerners?,na only to throw bomb dem sabi?.I am asking the Slaves,please where are your masters?.Ndi Ara!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Fortuna Sittard's Chief Coach / Nigeria Escapes FIFA Ban As Court Dismisses Case / Aubameyang Signs A New 3-Year Deal With Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.