Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Dont Fall Victim, Pics - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Dont Fall Victim, Pics (54165 Views)

Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam / Dont Fall for Airtel 100 naira For 1GB Scam / Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by chemmerfrank(m): 1:22pm On Sep 16, 2015
PapaNnamdi:

i am not a geek or tech person, i believe in fidelity, so when she said its was solar powered i never bothered, i just payed, cos i felt she was honest
well i guess next time you'll be a geek and not just pay
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 16, 2015
I use this type rated 10000mah, it works and lasts for close to 11hrs depending on d fone i'm charging
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Fundango: 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2015
exxell:

Run away from all those Solar chargers if you love your money. Google that Lumsing or Romoss sense. There is a trusted dealer on Nairaland but I have forgotten his name. Those power banks give you value for money.
thanks
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by timothydare(m): 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2015
Dats Chinese 4 u
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by olamisowon1(f): 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2015
chemmerfrank:
Have an idea of what you purchase..make some research.
How can a solar power bank of that size be 25000mah? do you even what solar is?
I say you where scammed because you deserved to. Them no force you buy.

your type always have something stupid to say. he didn't ask you to be judgmental, you can as well just shut up! he no force u make u talk....

1 Like

Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Enesi47: 1:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
Have been using my 12000mah capacity since January it s re-chargable one till now still 100% working, next time if want to buy anything electrical appliance make sure you get familiar with it before make an order
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by shegzi(m): 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
the painful thing is dat i used my last 6k to buy it, and i am currently unemployed, may God purnish the producer, the distributor, the importer, the marketer and the seller
AMEN angry
what about the buyer?cheesy
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by chemmerfrank(m): 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2015
olamisowon1:

your type always have something stupid to say. he didn't ask you to be judgmental, you can as well just shut up! he no force u make u talk....
the reply wasnt for you... Nida dem force you to quote me.. Carry anoda person wahala for your head like gala for hold up.. Nawa oh..offer your own opinion and scram jare!
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Zi: 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
It is high time we did something about china products, just yesterday i bought a solar powered power bank, for a huge amount of money because i thought it would save me the stress of carrying phone charger about, so i bought it.

when i got home i discovered something the power bank seems to be photosensitive, as its charging led flashes when under the sun,
but this is just a hoax, it doesnt charge, i left it in the sun for close to 2days now, and it doesnt have any charged voltages for my phone, it just flashes its led when in the sun so the buyer assumes its realy working but its not.
i dont know how they did it, but they did it, its a fake solar power bank,
here is what it looks like, does this happen anywhere else or only in Nigeria?

Hey, I dont think you were scammed.

The Power of the Charger is 1.5W and is very small and cannot charge much. Besides, the surface area (that is the photosensitive area) of that charger is too small. Do you know that the typical PV board, the type you see on rooftops typically has a Power of 50W even with its wider surface area? 1.5W is too small so you need to charge to a reasonable extent before you can use. You said you have charged for two days, how much sun was available those days? Did you place is directly under the sun without obstructions, did you tilt it toward the sun at the az angle? If it doesn't have a charger controller embedded into it, then you have to follow the sun's direction by yourself. Even though I need to see the internal circuitry before I can tell, you need to know if it has an effective charge controller embedded into it? These are the considerations you need to make before screaming "scammed" cheesy

Its a new technology and researchers are still working on how to improve the efficiency. So generally, the available products in the market are designed for emergency use. You can put a picture of the manual and I will tell use how to use your charger more effectively.

Kpele, 6k might be too much but really in PV world, it cannot get you much. I bought my test PV paper with Hanergy, Beijing for approx 16K in July. Flat as paper, and foldable, just about twice your surface area, but very intelligent sumtin. wink

2 Likes

Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 16, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
the painful thing is dat i used my last 6k to buy it, and i am currently unemployed, may God purnish the producer, the distributor, the importer, the marketer and the seller
AMEN angry
And I am sure you bought that mainly cos of nl and fb? lol
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by dotmandt: 1:31pm On Sep 16, 2015
All solar panel products have and in built battery inside perhaps the battery might be totally flat and even if you charge it for several days or years it will not come up all you need to do is to open the panel bring out the dry cell battery and try and boost the battery manually using boosting device/Machine (DC/AC) booster once this is done you can now fix the battery back and charge it true the sun it will be ok . If is not still ok then you might need to replace the dry cell battery.
You can even read the Battery with Multimeter before boosting the Battery and after boosting the battery too you will notice a change in the actual volt.
This happened to me I am speaking from experience
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by saintdas1: 1:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
puresoul1:
OK I won't thanks next
thanks for the info time to abolish China product in 9ger
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Fundango: 1:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
jamesjude:

No, I don't think this is 100% correct because I use a 20,000mah capacity and I enjoy it so much. I have used it for such a long time now and it is still very strong and never disaponted me.
Pls which power bank brand is that.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by ayindejimmy(m): 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
The govt really need to come to the rescue of the masses. I bought a fake LG led TV (42 inches) at Alaba a year ago. After about 4 months it started showing vertical and horizontal line till the whole screen went blurry.
I was devastated.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by harrysterol(m): 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
Op when you should have bought original solar power bank from me

Check out my thread n see the testimonies for yourself

https://www.nairaland.com/2367534/solar-power-bank-12000mah-capacity

Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Chuksemi(m): 1:35pm On Sep 16, 2015
To solve issues like this, buy from credible stores like slot, that way you've got warranty. Sorry though.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by ProfRoland(m): 1:39pm On Sep 16, 2015
The power bank is good..one thing u must understand is that not all phones charge wit solar..y nt try wit anoda fone and see
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by IceDude(m): 1:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
OP nor be only you waka come, i also dated a fake girl friend grin grin grin
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by sleemoon(m): 1:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
Favparis:
For now the highest capacity of power bank is 16,000mAh. Anything above this is FAKE. Others should take note

That's a lie.... There is PINENG 20,000MAH PBANK... Google it.. Its original jst like lumsing... Got mine from Initialize here on nairaland...

1 Like

Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by sleemoon(m): 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
Fundango:
Pls which power bank brand is that.

The one i bought is PINENG 20000MAH from initialize, here on NL

1 Like

Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by MadCow1: 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
AMEN angry

Instead of me to use 6k buy power bank, I go use 12k buy iPassMyNeighbour generator dey charge my phone jejely.

2 Likes

Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by sawhite: 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
Tee2902:
Order your power bank through Amazon. I have had dual-charged power bank for 2 years now. I ordered 2 pieces for myself and another person, they are both in top shape after 2 years!
Be guided.
my broda tell dem,I buy in bulk on ebay ,original 50000mah,and I sell on nairaland no one hav ever complained,and it has been servin me wel
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 16, 2015
Have you looked and made sure the following are intact?

1. A rechargeable battery to store the power generated by the energy from the sun.

2. A small photovoltaic cell or solar array that captures sunlight during the day and converts it into electrical energy.You know the solar array is usually built right into the light fixture. Some light designs have separate solar arrays connected by a thin wire allowing the light to be located in a shady area while the solar array itself is placed in a bright, sunny location.

3. A “charge controller” to ensure the batteries don’t get overcharged in bright sunlight as well as to monitor the amount of light in the surrounding area and turn the LED (light emitting diode) light on and

4. An LED (or a series of LEDs) which provides the light

Rechargeable solar batteries will self-discharge which means that over time the batteries will discharge to a point where they no longer work.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by ooshinibos: 1:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
It is high time we did something about china products, just yesterday i bought a solar powered power bank, for a huge amount of money because i thought it would save me the stress of carrying phone charger about, so i bought it.

when i got home i discovered something the power bank seems to be photosensitive, as its charging led flashes when under the sun,
but this is just a hoax, it doesnt charge, i left it in the sun for close to 2days now, and it doesnt have any charged voltages for my phone, it just flashes its led when in the sun so the buyer assumes its realy working but its not.
i dont know how they did it, but they did it, its a fake solar power bank,
here is what it looks like, does this happen anywhere else or only in Nigeria?

next time buy it in a proper shop where they will give you warranty against malfunction - at least for six months
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Vek2015: 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2015
Op, I sincerely feel your pain. So sorry.

However, we Nigerians often do ourselves! In the bid to cut corners we often go for cheap items and get our fingers burnt. I learnt a long time ago that "if you buy cheap you pay twice".

We have this awesome product for circa N10,000.00 that can charge phones and jump start cars with 8,000mah and 12v(see pix below). Some traders advised us in computer village to stamp it 40,000mah if really we want to sell the product in the market, but we refused because of our integrity.

It got me thinking how so corrupt some people are in this country.

http:///vektrax-Enterprises

Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by bolabolabo: 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
I havr one similar to dat and it works perfectly fine. it charge when under the sun. na u know d kain eba wey u go buy

1 Like

Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by ManTiger(m): 2:05pm On Sep 16, 2015
PapaNnamdi:

if u had created this thread i would have been saved cry
You're very right bro. How many maH was your's?
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Guyman02: 2:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
i left it in the sun for close to 2days now, and it doesnt have any charged voltages for my phone,

Dont worry, na only 2 days in the sun, by the third day it will turn to roasted corn grin grin grin
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by okeyfineboy(m): 2:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
eleko1:
sad angry Ise! Amin,Amen! E nor go beta for dem.
Oboy that your name funny ohhhh..are u really papannadi(meaning ur son's name is nnamdi) or is it a nickname...?i advise u better do justice to that name or is username scarse?
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by airsaylongcon: 2:09pm On Sep 16, 2015
exxell:

Brother google Lumsing. They sell it for 6,000 in the US. But there is a verified seller on Nairaland. Bought from him at 7,500 last year. I have never stopped smiling.

Got the same Lumsing from habeebpain on NL here. Ended up buying 5 as my ex-girlfriend, her mother, my brother, sister and cousin have collected everyone I have bought. Just waiting for some money to buy like 3 so I can have peace when I'm using mine
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by tollybloggz(m): 2:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
D power bank is ok buh dir is a guildline dat follows it,wen d battery is off wen using it to charge ur phone dnt expect d sun to boost it for u,u need to charge it with nepa lite or gene alittle to boost d first bar,frw dir u can put it inside d sun to start charging.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by PapaNnamdi: 2:14pm On Sep 16, 2015
Guyman02:

Dont worry, na only 2 days in the sun, by the third day it will turn to roasted corn grin grin grin

lol u get luck say dem just call me for interview, i dey in a good mood grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning / New Etisalat Android Plan / Airtel New Android Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.