Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (550976 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Informanta: 6:46am On Oct 30, 2020
anthonanik:
I can't wait for 1st October to start up new application for January intake although I have admission in various destination cos one gads to have plan B and C as well

Abeg let's relate, I also have other destinations in mind.... Dec 2021 must not meet me in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by victor54: 9:03am On Oct 30, 2020
Informanta:

I applied to UIT also

Did your school send only ur Transcripts abi they put it together with ur degree
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by teewaik: 9:30am On Oct 30, 2020
Thanks for the response Sir/Ma...I am not stating that in my application.What i meant was that i will soon conclude my masters here in Nigeria(only 1 semester left)...But to be sincere am not really convinced by what i experienced in this Nigeria Universities and that was more reason why i felt i needed an international exposure (going by my choice of Norway)...Thanks
Informanta:

From my research intentionally stating you on an existing master's or having intention to do another master's deplicts to them as an indecisive and confused person, I would advice you don't mention it as that would actually reduce your admissibility rather than increase it.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by teewaik: 9:40am On Oct 30, 2020
Sorry for burging you...Please i just needed the thoughts of an experienced person on this issue or anyone also.....If for instance, one has an investments in multiple places and even though the aggregate will meet up with the proof of fund stuff....Since Norway are asking for statement of account, knowing fully well that since the fund are not in one account, this might be difficult...If also for instance, the person decide to transfer all into a single account, How will one convince them, since the account can only show bulk transfers done within that month with no fund tangible fund history on such account... Note also that proof of where those bulk funds are coming from can be provided....Can they accept multiple documents for proof or just a single account statement and also if its a single account statement, will one month history be enough?.....Thanks
Informanta:

From my research intentionally stating you on an existing master's or having intention to do another master's deplicts to them as an indecisive and confused person, I would advice you don't mention it as that would actually reduce your admissibility rather than increase it.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Efair12: 9:50am On Oct 30, 2020
Informanta:

I applied to UIT also
I applied for tourism studies, which did you go for?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by 1beat(m): 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2020
amaka157:

If you have your official transcript copy not the student copy, then upload and be hopeful... But if you only uploaded the student copy, then you must ask your uni to send the official to your university of choice (s)

please I hv questions as regards this what if the official transcript is address to another school hope they will still consider it
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by 1beat(m): 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2020
mayo47:

I can help answer a few questions here:
2. Post and Email 3. You have to send the documents before admission 4. If ithe money is in your name then you dont need a sponsorship letter
Sure others will be able to answer 1 & 5

bro please hv sent you message we need to discuss
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Informanta: 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2020
teewaik:
Sorry for burging you...Please i just needed the thoughts of an experienced person on this issue or anyone also.....If for instance, one has an investments in multiple places and even though the aggregate will meet up with the proof of fund stuff....Since Norway are asking for statement of account, knowing fully well that since the fund are not in one account, this might be difficult...If also for instance, the person decide to transfer all into a single account, How will one convince them, since the account can only show bulk transfers done within that month with no fund tangible fund history on such account... Note also that proof of where those bulk funds are coming from can be provided....Can they accept multiple documents for proof or just a single account statement and also if its a single account statement, will one month history be enough?.....Thanks

Am still an applicant also but from what I can deduce, at this stage they don't care for the source of the money, all they care for is that the money is in your account or sponsor account showing d statement of account. It's just a way for them to know u re actually prepared to migrate.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Informanta: 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2020
teewaik:
Thanks for the response Sir/Ma...I am not stating that in my application.What i meant was that i will soon conclude my masters here in Nigeria(only 1 semester left)...But to be sincere am not really convinced by what i experienced in this Nigeria Universities and that was more reason why i felt i needed an international exposure (going by my choice of Norway)...Thanks

Okay sir. Niger master's carries no weight.... It's fast becoming common....
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by 1beat(m): 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2020
Informanta:

Am still an applicant also but from what I can deduce, at this stage they don't care for the source of the money, all they care for is that the money is in your account or sponsor account showing d statement of account. It's just a way for them to know u re actually prepared to migrate.

please let relate I hv questions to ask .. Hv send you messages
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by 1beat(m): 9:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
please I need answer

my transcript and Letter of English proficiency was directed to University of Potsdam in Germany at the front page. I believe I can still use it to apply for this Norway University school
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 31, 2020
Hello Landers,
Have been checking out Norway as my destination for masters, people over there are there opportunities one can grasp to move further and find something suitable to make life settle.
Secondly I have a 2.2, 3.0 cgpa do you think I meet the requirement? I want to apply for next year

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Easternheart: 12:40am On Oct 31, 2020
teewaik:
Hello sir/ma guess we are in the same shoe.I'm also currently running a masters at unilag, with the intention of going for another masters in a different programme at NTNU...Could we possibly share contacts. I just needed someone we could run this things together....Thanks for your response

Yes, you can used a Master degree if you have completed the Master Degree and it is related to the programme to intend studying in Norway.

Also note that some schools will only evaluate your application based on your BSc.

Depending on your programme, some schools required work experience while other do not need it. You will see information on the school website. you can also email the respective schools if you are confuse at any point.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Easternheart: 12:41am On Oct 31, 2020
Easternheart:

You can used a Master degree if you have completed the Master Degree and it is related to the programme to intend studying in Norway.

Also note that some schools will only evaluate your application based on your BSc.

Depending on your programme, some schools required work experience while other do not need it. You will see information on the school website. you can also email the respective schools if you are confuse at any point.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Jermaie0009: 12:50am On Oct 31, 2020
Hello, please I want to apply for a school in Norway for bsc program how do I go about it ? Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kingsman4u(m): 1:44am On Oct 31, 2020
Good day everyone.

Please I am applying to NTNU, Norway for a masters program (Sustainable Energy) and I have a bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering with a CGPA of 3.94.

1.) What are my chances of gaining admission?

2.) The school have an exemption for English Proficiency test for countries whose bachelor degree were taught in English. Nigeria was included.
My bachelors degree was taught completely in English but I have a D7 in WAEC and a C6 in NECO. Do I still need to provide an English language test?

Thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Easternheart: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
Jermaie0009:
Hello, please I want to apply for a school in Norway for bsc program how do I go about it ? Thanks

BSc programme is taught in Norwegian and the embassy don't issue visa to BSc applicant from Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Easternheart: 12:42pm On Oct 31, 2020
kingsman4u:
Good day everyone.

Please I am applying to NTNU, Norway for a masters program (Sustainable Energy) and I have a bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering with a CGPA of 3.94.

2.) The school have an exemption for English Proficiency test for countries whose bachelor degree were taught in English. Nigeria was included.
My bachelors degree was taught completely in English but I have a D7 in WAEC and a C6 in NECO. Do I still need to provide an English language test?

Thanks.

(1) My advice to you is to apply. Check the school requirements and make that you have them. Also submit all required documents.

(2) Upload the two results to your application. Also upload a scratch card from both WAEC and NECO.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kingsman4u(m): 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2020
Thank you so much. God bless.

Easternheart:

(1) My advice to you is to apply. Check the school requirements and make that you have them. Also submit all required documents.

(2) Upload the two results to your application. Also upload a scratch card from both WAEC and NECO.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Amarach1(f): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2020
Most schools give exemptions but require a letter from your school stating that English was your language of instruction. I'd suggest you get that from your school
kingsman4u:
Good day everyone.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Sss2: 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2020
Who is applying for a program at UiT?

cc: informanta
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Informanta: 4:55am On Nov 01, 2020
Sss2:

I applied
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kingsman4u(m): 6:53am On Nov 01, 2020
Thanks. I have such letter from my school. So I guess I should also attach it, including my WAEC and NECO results (plus there scratch cards).

Amarach1:
Most schools give exemptions but require a letter from your school stating that English was your language of instruction. I'd suggest you get that from your school
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Efair12: 12:13pm On Nov 01, 2020
Sss2:

I did
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 1:33pm On Nov 01, 2020
Sss2:

I applied also.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 1:36pm On Nov 01, 2020
This year, the thread seems so scanty and dry. Please where are our elders and OG guys?
Can you tell us how it is over in Norway at this time, the effects of the virus on your everyday life and generally how you're coping?
Do you also see this virus affecting the universities in how admissions and subsequent classes will be by next year?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Efair12: 3:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
aurorae1:
This year, the thread seems so scanty and dry. Please where are our elders and OG guys?
Can you tell us how it is over in Norway at this time, the effects of the virus on your everyday life and generally how you're coping?
Do you also see this virus affecting the universities in how admissions and subsequent classes will be by next year?

Thank you.
I agree with you, I check everyday to see updates but all to no avail.. it is well
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Augustofficialx: 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2020
Please anyone with info on Sweden??
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Easternheart: 11:49pm On Nov 01, 2020
Augustofficialx:
Please anyone with info on Sweden??

What information do you need about Sweden?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kingsman4u(m): 6:13am On Nov 02, 2020
Hello everyone, please I a baby in this Norway waka. I need some clarifications.

1.) My uncle is willing to sponsor me financially. I read that your sponsor must provide a letter of sponsorship stating that he/she will cover NOK 123 519 and a bank statement which should not be more than three months old.
a.) Does this mean that the bank statement should be current? (say October)
b.) What should be the duration of the bank statement? (3 or 6 months)

2.) Is it difficult to gain admission in Norway schools? (masters) How many schools should I apply to?

3.) Do the Norway embassy do a one on one interview?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Sss2: 7:12am On Nov 02, 2020
Informanta:

I applied

Course? This ia asking for application fee when i read though the process.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2020
aurorae1:

I applied also.
hey can we link up I am about to apply

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.