Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (550920 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Sss2: 10:29am On Nov 02, 2020
nwokennewi:
hey can we link up I am about to apply

Let's connect!

my nairaland email, not working.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 11:17am On Nov 02, 2020
nwokennewi:
hey can we link up I am about to apply

Sure. Send a DM.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 02, 2020
Informanta:

From my research intentionally stating you on an existing master's or having intention to do another master's deplicts to them as an indecisive and confused person, I would advice you don't mention it as that would actually reduce your admissibility rather than increase it.
hello please can we get in touch @Alex.ladmont@outlook.com
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 02, 2020
aurorae1:

Sure. Send a DM.
have you applied already
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 11:23am On Nov 02, 2020
kingsman4u:
Hello everyone, please I a baby in this Norway waka. I need some clarifications.

1.) My uncle is willing to sponsor me financially. I read that your sponsor must provide a letter of sponsorship stating that he/she will cover NOK 123 519 and a bank statement which should not be more than three months old.
a.) Does this mean that the bank statement should be current? (say October)
b.) What should be the duration of the bank statement? (3 or 6 months)

2.) Is it difficult to gain admission in Norway schools? (masters) How many schools should I apply to?

3.) Do the Norway embassy do a one on one interview?

Permit me to answer based on experience of reading the whole thread, lol.

1(a,b) Three months is the sweet spot... Closing amount must be that required.

2. Admission is admission... Follow all instructions, submit all required documents and wait/pray. Though most schools ask for a Grade 'b' or 'c' for most courses. Anyways, the higher ones grade the better... Also prerequisite courses matter. You may apply to as many schools your attention and money can carry.

3. No interview in past years.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Efair12: 11:27am On Nov 02, 2020
aurorae1:

Sure. Send a DM.
hello aurorae1 I am also applying to UIT, kindly contact me via ifeoluwaoluwafemi13@gmail.com or drop your email. We can form a kind of group or something thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 11:47am On Nov 02, 2020
Efair12:
hello aurorae1 I am also applying to UIT, kindly contact me via ifeoluwaoluwafemi13@gmail.com or drop your email. We can form a kind of group or something thanks

This thread is scanty enough, I think for now we should still post all questions and suggestions here for our ogas and Madams to answer for the sake of others...

You may send a DM though.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 11:48am On Nov 02, 2020
nwokennewi:
have you applied already

Check your mail.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Efair12: 12:15pm On Nov 02, 2020
For my gurus that applied to UIT, after I submitted my application it brought out some documents to be submitted buy it excluded the following :
Cv
Statement of intent
Letter of recommendation
.... Does that mean the application only requires four document?

Image is below... thanks

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 02, 2020
aurorae1:

Check your mail.
replied you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kingsman4u(m): 1:41pm On Nov 02, 2020
Thanks

aurorae1:

Permit me to answer based on experience of reading the whole thread, lol.

1(a,b) Three months is the sweet spot... Closing amount must be that required.

2. Admission is admission... Follow all instructions, submit all required documents and wait/pray. Though most schools ask for a Grade 'b' or 'c' for most courses. Anyways, the higher ones grade the better... Also prerequisite courses matter. You may apply to as many schools your attention and money can carry.

3. No interview in past years.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Sss2: 2:36pm On Nov 02, 2020
Efair12:
For my gurus that applied to UIT, after I submitted my application it brought out some documents to be submitted buy it excluded the following :
Cv
Statement of intent
Letter of recommendation

Image is below... thanks

Do we need proof of funding as at this stage of apple
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Efair12: 2:40pm On Nov 02, 2020
Sss2:

Do we need proof of funding as at this stage of apple
yes you have to submit a statement of account with 123 519 NOK, approximately 5.5m naira as closing balance or more
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Efair12: 2:41pm On Nov 02, 2020
Efair12:
Cv
Statement of intent
Letter of recommendation

Image is below... thanks
please kindly come to my aid as regarding this
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Easternheart: 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2020
Efair12:
Cv
Statement of intent
Letter of recommendation

Image is below... thanks

You can check the programme website to see all the required documents.

Then upload using *others* if you don't see the option.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by afeezzezo: 4:22pm On Nov 02, 2020
aurorae1:

Check your mail.

Hello, I’m about to apply to uit too
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Efair12: 5:51pm On Nov 02, 2020
Easternheart:

You can check the programme website to see all the required documents.

Then upload using *others* if you don't see the option.
thank you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Informanta: 7:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
nwokennewi:
hello please can we get in touch @Alex.ladmont@outlook.com

Sure just send a p.m
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Augustofficialx: 11:42pm On Nov 02, 2020
Easternheart:

What information do you need about Sweden?
The required documents to have, what's the process like, does paying for application fee guarantee you a place?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Easternheart: 9:18am On Nov 04, 2020
Augustofficialx:
The required documents to have, what's the process like, does paying for application fee guarantee you a place?

From your questions I know you have not taking some of your time to do little research about Sweden. Do some research about Sweden at your free time because it will help you a lot.

1) Application fee doesn't guarantee a place. (but when you say application fee, do you mean for admission application or for Visa application?) because you need to gain admission. In your admission letter all the procedure will be there, like payment of tuition fees, visa applications etc.

2) On the admission portal, you will have the option to apply to four universities with four masters programmes and rank them according to priority.

3) With regards to English test, Nigerians don't need to document it. WAEC or NECO and bachelors study is enough requirements.

4) with regards to official transcript, you only need to send 1 copy of your transcript to the admission postal address. This will be access by all 4 universities you have applied to. So no need of sending individually to all four universities. This helps to save costs.

You can follow the links below to get more information

Nigeria, master's admission and required documents for Sweden
https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/apply-to-masters/provide-application-documents-masters/required-documents/nigeria/

Residence permit for studies
https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/fees-scholarships-residence-permit/residence-permit-for-studies/

Residence permit studies - required documents
https://www.swedenabroad.se/en/about-sweden-non-swedish-citizens/nigeria/going-to-sweden/studying-in-sweden/residence-permit-studies---required-documents/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dietminute: 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2020
Good day house!! From the look of things norway seams a better route n i want to give it a trial. I have B.Edu in Economics education with 3.9 cgpa. Please which university should i apply to in norway? I need suggestions please!!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by roland2rule(m): 6:57am On Nov 08, 2020
It's amazing what you guys are doing here. God bless you all. I discovered Norway student package last week and I want to give it a trial too (glad, I still have few weeks to deadline). I am currently on page 91, thanks to cvv1477 and others for your posts, but I want to ask some important questions. Kindly help me out!

1) I have BSc Chemical Engineering (grad with 2.1)...
But decided to start learning IT Web Programming 2 months ago since Nigeria has made me lost interest in chemical engineering due to no job since 2017. cry and I am thinking of considering Programming MSC or diploma abroad to japa and start life over again in a new career.

Based on your life views, experience with Norway, and the country being an oil producing country, what do you consider as best bet for me between Chemical Engineering and IT Programming. (In terms of Jobs "during study" and "after study"wink. I don't want to make a decision I will regret later cry.. PLEASE, YOUR OPINION MATTERS.

Language: if admitted, I will surely enroll for Norway language learning online.

2) Regarding the deposit if admitted, can I fund Norway acct from my Nigeria DOM acct!

Must the Bank Statement be from my account or sponsor's account

Can the deposit be made via master or visa card? I feel a deposit made in $$ will give better conversion than Nigerian banks doing their normal naira to NOK conversion extortion ?

3) For those living in Norway, can someone uses DOM debit/credit card to make payment for things over there? (my friend in Canada still use his DOM card to buy things in Canada and it works well for him.)

4) Currently, I am a freelancer on Upwork. Can I still do freelancing when I get there as a means of survival for the main time or I should zero my mind and focus on any jobs there.

I appreciate your response in advance...[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze001(m): 8:34am On Nov 08, 2020
[quote author=roland2rule post=95805924]It's

1) I have BSc Chemical Engineering (grad with 2.1)...
But decided to start learning IT Web Programming 2 months ago since Nigeria has made me lost interest in chemical engineering due to no job since 2017. cry and I am thinking of considering Programming MSC or diploma abroad to japa and start life over again in a new career.

Based on your life views, experience with Norway, and the country being an oil producing country, what do you consider as best bet for me between Chemical Engineering and IT Programming. (In terms of Jobs "during study" and "after study"wink. I don't want to make a decision I will regret later cry.. PLEASE, YOUR OPINION MATTERS.

Language: if admitted, I will surely enroll for Norway language learning online.

2) Regarding the deposit if admitted, can I fund Norway acct from my Nigeria DOM acct!

[b] Must the Bank Statement be from my account or sponsor's account

Can the deposit be made via master or visa card? I feel a deposit made in $$ will give better conversion than Nigerian banks doing their normal naira to NOK conversion extortion ?

3) For those living in Norway, can someone uses DOM debit/credit card to make payment for things over there? (my friend in Canada still us

I will answer your questions in the order you relayed them;

1) Learning IT is nice. A commendable hard skill but to do an MSC in Norway, you've to stick with what you did during your undergrad. It's completely impossible to detour from what you did as an undergrad. Another ray of hope, you could check the academic requirements of those IT courses, and evaluate if you did them as an undergrad. If you did them, kudos! You can apply.

1b) For jobs, God's Grace, networking and learning Norwegian to a satisfactory level can push you.

2a)Yeah, you can pay with your DOM account if you desire to.

2b) If you have the requested funds in your personal bank statement, then you can use it.
PS: we were just given 2 options ( personal bank statement OR sponsor's bank statement accompanied with a sponsor's letter). Stick to any that pleases you.

2c) Talmabout deposits, using Nigerian banks, you need to get your money to Dollars (#~$ firstly, then they will convert the Dollars to NOK 123,519 equivalent). If your DOM currency is $, then you can do it from your account to NOK 123,519 equivalent

3) From what I have heard, you can use it. It's no different from Canada.

4)Yeah, you can do that. You can freelance and if you still feel that urge of working whilst a student, you CAN combine both!
Na your body and school work go tell you..

Best of Luck!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by roland2rule(m): 10:36am On Nov 08, 2020
[quote author=Arinze001 post=95808249][/quote]

Thanks so much. I really appreciate. Please, is there any whatsapp group I can join or if you can exchange your whatsapp contact. My number is on my signature

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Augustofficialx: 5:38pm On Nov 08, 2020
Easternheart:

From your questions I know you have not taking some of your time to do little research about Sweden. Do some research about Sweden at your free time because it will help you a lot.

1) Application fee doesn't guarantee a place. (but when you say application fee, do you mean for admission application or for Visa application?) because you need to gain admission. In your admission letter all the procedure will be there, like payment of tuition fees, visa applications etc.

2) On the admission portal, you will have the option to apply to four universities with four masters programmes and rank them according to priority.

3) With regards to English test, Nigerians don't need to document it. WAEC or NECO and bachelors study is enough requirements.

4) with regards to official transcript, you only need to send 1 copy of your transcript to the admission postal address. This will be access by all 4 universities you have applied to. So no need of sending individually to all four universities. This helps to save costs.

You can follow the links below to get more information

Nigeria, master's admission and required documents for Sweden
https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/apply-to-masters/provide-application-documents-masters/required-documents/nigeria/

Residence permit for studies
https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/fees-scholarships-residence-permit/residence-permit-for-studies/

Residence permit studies - required documents
https://www.swedenabroad.se/en/about-sweden-non-swedish-citizens/nigeria/going-to-sweden/studying-in-sweden/residence-permit-studies---required-documents/
I am just taking a good look at my opinions, sweden you pay tuition fees and app..fees, but are the places for their masters program limited like norway? Chances of getting admission is high since you are paying for it,please correct me if I am wrong.....They require transcripts to be sent to them by the school via email not post
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by oscarpellenchy: 7:14pm On Nov 08, 2020
[quote author=Augustofficialx post=95824079] I am just taking a good look at my opinions, sweden you pay tuition fees and app..fees, but are the places for their masters program limited like norway? Chances of getting admission is high since you are paying
for it,please correct me if I am wrong.....They require transcripts to be sent to them by the school via email not post[/quote

If "after school life" and probably staying back to integrate into the society is something you really care for, then you might need to consider the fact that Sweden offers 6 months Post Study permit as against Norway's 1 year Post Study permit. These information are readily available online for anybody to see. I stand to be corrected tho...
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 08, 2020
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Efair12: 10:16pm On Nov 08, 2020
Good evening everyone, how’s it going for everyone? Please I need some answers to the following questions
1. Can the closing balance on the bank statement be the exact amount to document I.e 123519 NOK or it’s advisable to have a little above it?
2. MUST the bank statement the stamped by the bank or one can download from the mobile bank app?
3. I intend to use my husband’s company account. Although it is co owned by the both of
us. Do I still need to upload a sponsor letter?
4. Please is there anyone in this group who intends to travel with his or her spouse or anyone who has traveled with his or her spouse before?? Please I need you help .

I’d be glad if my questions are answered thank you ��

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.