Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,539 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:34 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (548022 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Easternheart: 10:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
Luzznation:

Are you applying to Nord University?

I didn't applied to Nord University. The school does not offer programmes in my area of specialty.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chidi4eze(m): 6:37am On Nov 13, 2020
roland2rule:
Can any one explain the meaning of ECTS (Norway) to me and how to evaluate it with respect to my courses...

For example, if you are asked to have a major in computer science with min 80 ECTS, what does this implies?

I have checked google and it's get confusing to me. Kindly help. Thanks

Let me explain it to you;

First, calculate 30*your number of semesters excluding that of year 1. This means if you did a degree of 4 years in Nigeria, it becomes 30*6(because year1 is seen as A-level)=180 ECTS.

Secondly, multiply your number of credit units by 1.5 for each semester excluding year1. This means if your credit unit for year2 first semester is 21, it becomes 21*1.5=31.5 ECTS. The second method is more accurate than the first.

(Note, the explanation above is for converting Nigeria semesters to ECTS based on credit units).

Thirdly, for individual courses/modules as required in your case,
-outline all the courses you did in Nigeria that you’re sure is computer/IT related
-write out all their credit units eg 2, 3 or 4.
-add all the credit units you got and multiply it by 1.5
For instance if after adding the credit units of all your Computer related courses in Nigeria; you got 40*1.5=60 ECTS.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by belladonna9392: 7:24am On Nov 13, 2020
[quote author=Arinze001 post=95856893]

Hi Arinze, please can you help out with the sample for the sponsorship letter, my email Address is ayarujaflora93@gmail.com. Would really really appreciate it
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by roland2rule(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2020
chidi4eze:

Let me explain it to you;

First, calculate 30*your number of semesters excluding that of year 1. This means if you did a degree of 4 years in Nigeria, it becomes 30*6(because year1 is seen as A-level)=180 ECTS.

Secondly, multiply your number of credit units by 1.5 for each semester excluding year1. This means if your credit unit for year2 first semester is 21, it becomes 21*1.5=31.5 ECTS. The second method is more accurate than the first.

(Note, the explanation above is for converting Nigeria semesters to ECTS based on credit units).

Thirdly, for individual courses/modules as required in your case,
-outline all the courses you did in Nigeria that you’re sure is computer/IT related
-write out all their credit units eg 2, 3 or 4.
-add all the credit units you got and multiply it by 1.5
For instance if after adding the credit units of all your Computer related courses in Nigeria; you got 40*1.5=60 ECTS.

Wow... Thanks for this, I appreciate... The 80 ECTS may not work out then grin because I studied Chemical Engineering, it may be hard to get admitted to Computer Science or Software Engineering in Norway.

I may just find chemical engineering related courses like Chemical, Biochemica, Biomedical or Petroleum Engineering.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by water4: 10:55am On Nov 13, 2020
Please House,

Which university does not require that your school send them transcripts directly?

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by sudo1986: 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2020
But, is there any scholarship in Norway?
This amour of 123519NOK or so is somehow high o. That is around 9million naira.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kingsman4u(m): 7:19am On Nov 14, 2020
It's approximately 5.2 m

sudo1986:
But, is there any scholarship in Norway?
This amour of 123519NOK or so is somehow high o. That is around 9million naira.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by roland2rule(m): 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2020
Hi, if I am applying to 3 schools in Norway (for example, NTNU, Uis, UiA) and they request that my Uni send my transcript hardcopy to them directly, does it means that I will order transcript 3 times from my UNI to cater for the 3 schools? (Haaaaaa shocked)...

I checked price for requesting a transcript from my school to Norway on etx.ng and it's #24300 as of today.... (Ha... gbese)

Help me plz if there is any alternative to this...
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze001(m): 8:09pm On Nov 14, 2020
roland2rule:
Hi, if I am applying to 3 schools in Norway (for example, NTNU, Uis, UiA) and they request that my Uni send my transcript hardcopy to them directly, does it means that I will order transcript 3 times from my UNI to cater for the 3 schools? (Haaaaaa shocked)...

I checked price for requesting a transcript from my school to Norway on etx.ng and it's #24300 as of today.... (Ha... gbese)

Sadly, YES!

You have to notify your school to send it to the host university.

There's an alternative though but I won't tell you to try it to your intended/top priority schools.

Some folks years back uploaded only their original transcript and they didn't send by post and still got admitted. They used this experiment on schools they had <100% interest on.

If you really love those schools you mentioned, bro, you just have to send those transcripts by post.

I know some guys paying close to #40k*n on transcript. Yours is fairly better.

Do the right thing RIGHT!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by roland2rule(m): 8:38pm On Nov 14, 2020
Arinze001:

Sadly, YES!

You have to notify your school to send it to the host university.

There's an alternative though but I won't tell you to try it to your intended/top priority schools.

Some folks years back uploaded only their original transcript and they didn't send by post and still got admitted. They used this experiment on schools they had <100% interest on.

If you really love those schools you mentioned, bro, you just have to send those transcripts by post.

I know some guys paying close to #40k*n on transcript. Yours is fairly better.

Do the right thing RIGHT!

Hmmmm....

I have my original transcript with me sah.... I will use this logic for other schools while I will inform my school to forward my transcript to only one school..
Thanks for always coming for my rescue.

I have started my registration on NTNU but there is no save option there, once I cancel the tab and go back there, it always bring empty form for me to start filling again... I will try to process my transcript this week too,

May God help us.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mayo47(m): 9:02pm On Nov 14, 2020
roland2rule:

Does etx handle hard copy transcript?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Y0usuf: 3:47am On Nov 15, 2020
[quote author=belladonna9392 post=95983985][/quote]
please I also need this
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by roland2rule(m): 7:00am On Nov 15, 2020
mayo47:

They use DHL & UPS for that.... Their site is now upgraded with new featutes amd improvement.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kenneyyice(m): 8:25am On Nov 15, 2020
roland2rule:

Uniben?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by roland2rule(m): 8:34am On Nov 15, 2020
kenneyyice:

Uniben?
OAU
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kenneyyice(m): 9:27am On Nov 15, 2020
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ETXTranscripts: 11:08am On Nov 15, 2020
Hello,
You do not need to request three(3) transcripts, all you need to do is to send to multiple receivers. Use this link to see how you can request your transcript and deliver to multiple receivers. https://www.etx.ng/central-contact-us/holder-support-home/trs-multiple-receivers/. Please note that you will be charged delivery fee for the additional destinations. Thank you
roland2rule:

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ETXTranscripts: 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2020
Hello, ETX.NG delivers hard copy only if you opt for the full service which is the request and delivery service. Thank you.
mayo47:

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by roland2rule(m): 2:11pm On Nov 15, 2020
ETXTranscripts:
Hello,
You do not need to request three(3) transcripts, all you need to do is to send to multiple receivers. Use this link to see how you can request your transcript and deliver to multiple receivers. https://www.etx.ng/central-contact-us/holder-support-home/trs-multiple-receivers/. Please note that you will be charged delivery fee for the additional destinations. Thank you

Thanks so much for this... I will check it out...
I ordered transcript last year November and i didn't even see the order history on Etx site.. Maybe it's due to the site upgrade

I contacted someone in etx last wk, he told me i will reorder again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by roland2rule(m): 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2020
ETXTranscripts:
Hello,

The link is helpful... Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2020
mrcodebreaker:
Don’t go to tromso. Aim for better schools like NTNU, UIS or Oslo. Tromso is dead and no work.

Good day.
How is life in Tromsø now(of recent), how has the coronavirus affected studying, and the work situation, is it any better?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Toheebbello: 9:42am On Nov 16, 2020
Good Morning,

Do we have anyone currently studying at OsloMet?

I need to get some information, thanks!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Napolito: 8:34pm On Nov 16, 2020
Arinze001:

I'm applying and some other folks.

Hope no issues?

Hello bro, if I didn't meet up to the TOEFL score request of a school, do u think I have any chance of gaining admission there?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Napolito: 8:38pm On Nov 16, 2020
roland2rule:

ur school own cheap ooooo, my school na 46k
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by roland2rule(m): 7:09am On Nov 17, 2020
Arinze001

Hi everyone, if I am applying for 2 courses from 2 different faculty in NTNU, am I supposed to send 2 transcripts from my school?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze001(m): 7:17am On Nov 17, 2020
roland2rule:
Arinze001

Hi everyone, if I am applying for 2 courses from 2 different faculty in NTNU, am I supposed to send 2 transcripts from my school?

No, you don't have to!

A transcript is good for the 2 courses under the same university.
Applying to 2 programmes under a school is better. Reasons are;
1)it saves cost
2)it widens you options ( 2*n)
3) makes you competitive

Best of luck!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze001(m): 7:27am On Nov 17, 2020
Napolito:

Hello bro, if I didn't meet up to the TOEFL score request of a school, do u think I have any chance of gaining admission there?

Oops!
It depends on what the school stated. Only few schools (UiO and USN) in Norway asked for TOEFL and ielts. If they did ask, and you didn't meet the TOEFL score, your guess Is as good as mine!

Instead of disturbing yourself, why can't you apply to universities that exempted Nigeria from documenting a TOEFL score. We have trunks of universities that exempted Nigeria (our WAEC result or WAEC scratch card or letter of English Proficiency was asked instead)

Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Napolito: 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2020
Arinze001:

Oops!
It depends on what the school stated. Only few schools (UiO and USN) in Norway asked for TOEFL and ielts. If they did ask, and you didn't meet the TOEFL score, your guess Is as good as mine!

Instead of disturbing yourself, why can't you apply to universities that exempted Nigeria from documenting a TOEFL score. We have trunks of universities that exempted Nigeria (our WAEC result or WAEC scratch card or letter of English Proficiency was asked instead)

Best of luck!

Thanks a lot, I guess I wasted money for TOEFL, I just read on their specific country page requirements, I read about naija, they said English requirement: no

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by cruzydal(m): 6:50am On Nov 18, 2020
H
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by cruzydal(m): 7:06am On Nov 18, 2020
[quote author=Arinze001 post
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by cruzydal(m): 7:40am On Nov 18, 2020
[quote author=Arinze001 post=96125275]

Oops!
It depends on what the school stated. Only few schools (UiO and USN) in Norway asked for TOEFL and ielts. If they did ask, and you didn't meet
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze001(m): 8:08am On Nov 18, 2020
cruzydal:

Hello good day , pls can we chat privately . I need to ask some questions . Thanks

I'm in!
Ready to assist folks that has questions.

God make it seamless for us!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.