Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:57 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (547938 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Efair12: 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2021
CuteTj:
@ Efair12

Its in my profile. Pls indicate when you send an email.
@CuteTj
I sent an email already
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze001(m): 5:08pm On Mar 20, 2021
obibanks:

Thanks for the response. I actually want to know the processes and requirements for study in Norway. I was trying Germany but their current actions has made me consider other countries. Where should I start

You can start from here www.studyinnorway.no

Remember; MSC online applications opens by October. You can start getting the required docs
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by CuteTj(m): 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
Efair12:
@CuteTj
I sent an email already
Just send a direct mail to me. I do not know how sending mails through nairaland works.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trinityconcept(m): 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2021
from what I'm seeing here a 2.2 cannot get admission
please has anyone been admitted with at least a 3.0/5.0
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze001(m): 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2021
trinityconcept:
from what I'm seeing here a 2.2 cannot get admission

please has anyone been admitted with at least a 3.0/5.0

Actually, a 2:2 can!

It's too early for that range to get offers, but, some will definitely get.

Spread your applications and be hopeful.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Brightfab(m): 7:44am On Mar 21, 2021
Arinze001:

Actually, a 2:2 can!

It's too early for that range to get offers, but, some will definitely get.

Spread your applications and be hopeful.
Can you throw more light bro, it can give a lot of people hope
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amaka157: 8:32am On Mar 21, 2021
Brightfab:

Can you throw more light bro, it can give a lot of people hope

people with 2.2s' get into Norway... just research different schools on studyinnorway.no... some schools may require that you submit TOEFL or IELTS... If you are working towards next intake, then start preparing for some of these exams.. please do yourselves a favor by researching what best suits you... don't always rely on people to give you information that you can easily get yourself....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 21, 2021
Nursing schools in Norge is in Norwegian and require fluency in the language.
Cammyoung12:
Good morning guys please I need ur help I want to study nursing here in Norway please I need ur recommendation. Everyone suggestion is welcome.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 21, 2021
Hi everyone,

It has been a while I was on this page, just one quick question.
Is it still a requirement to open a Norwegian bank account with the required deposit before going for Norwegian visa ?

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amaka157: 11:40am On Mar 21, 2021
ikswiss:
Hi everyone,

It has been a while I was on this page, just one quick question.
Is it still a requirement to open a Norwegian bank account with the required deposit before going for Norwegian visa ?

Thanks

Ja
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Brightfab(m): 3:20pm On Mar 21, 2021
amaka157:

people with 2.2s' get into Norway... just research different schools on studyinnorway.no... some schools may require that you submit TOEFL or IELTS... If you are working towards next intake, then start preparing for some of these exams.. please do yourselves a favor by researching what best suits you... don't always rely on people to give you information that you can easily get yourself....
Thanks Amaka, I have been making researches and every school I checked indicated 2.1 as a requirement, that's why I asked but since it's possible, I will look up to see what I can find.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Smatz: 3:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
I want to confirm if anyone gotten feedback on master admission for August intake
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kashman411: 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
good day good people of the house. pls I would love to know if there is any hope for HND holders as regards to either BSc or MSc admission
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by dwilliams: 4:46pm On Mar 21, 2021
Please do they require statement of account or they want a blocked funds?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze001(m): 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
dwilliams:
Please do they require statement of account or they want a blocked funds?

Yes for the duo!

During application, you present a statement of account, when given admission, you block (transfer) the funds you've presented.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze001(m): 7:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
kashman411:
good day good people of the house. pls I would love to know if there is any hope for HND holders as regards to either BSc or MSc admission

I don't really know if HND holders are accepted, only if, you've incorporated to a bsc. You could probably email the school for accurate info.

No visa for bsc application, dead that thought.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze001(m): 7:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Smatz:
I want to confirm if anyone gotten feedback on master admission for August intake

Yeah, people have started getting.
Oslomet, UiS (early birds), NLA university college.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 21, 2021
Ah fan det ar sjuk

amaka157:

Ja
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
Why coming to Norway when you can go to English speaking countries...

If not Engineering or IT related program it will be mad hard getting a professional job,if you not a native speaker.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 8:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
mogivethanks:
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I must say you guys are doing an amazing job with all the info here .However i have few questions

1. Do I have to go for the exact course I studied for first degree when applying for masters ?
2. If the answer to 1 above is NO, how can I go about it ? is there something like a PGD that I can do ?
3. Also, what are the universities that are highly recommended for Nigerian students ?

Thank you !

1. It depends on the programme to which you want to apply. Sometimes you need an undergrad in that exact field of study - sometimes not. Just do your research and the requirements for enrollment are listed for each programme. It's very easy-to-find information.

2. Nothing you can do except complete the equivalent of an undergrad in that field of study. Though, sometimes you don't need to do the whole thing.

3. Whichever you can get into. The more urban areas are preferable though.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by licia3: 9:07am On Mar 22, 2021
CuteTj:
@ Efair12

Congratulations!

Now to answer Uis does not have to document for your family. Infact they don't! All you have to do is as you are applying to udi for yourself, your family too sends in their application which involves your husband documenting through his bank statement a sum of Nok 150,129 (273,648 nok - your already sent 123,519 nok).

By doing this, when udi processes your application, they process your family's at the same time. If you're going to be given a visa, they would give your family too the same time.

Initially, I thought I was going to go first then my family joins me later if I was the one admitted but I realized you can all go at the same time. Its the same requirement. So why do you have to wait for nothing less than six months when you can as well go at the same time.

Have you applied for housing?

Please my husband statement is it in Nigerian account I want to be sure thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by licia3: 9:08am On Mar 22, 2021
CuteTj:
@ Efair12

Congratulations!

Now to answer Uis does not have to document for your family. Infact they don't! All you have to do is as you are applying to udi for yourself, your family too sends in their application which involves your husband documenting through his bank statement a sum of Nok 150,129 (273,648 nok - your already sent 123,519 nok).

By doing this, when udi processes your application, they process your family's at the same time. If you're going to be given a visa, they would give your family too the same time.

Initially, I thought I was going to go first then my family joins me later if I was the one admitted but I realized you can all go at the same time. Its the same requirement. So why do you have to wait for nothing less than six months when you can as well go at the same time.

Have you applied for housing?

Please my husband statement of account is it Nigerian account I want to be sure thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by CuteTj(m): 9:33am On Mar 22, 2021
licia3:

Please my husband statement of account is it Nigerian account I want to be sure thanks.
I believe the bank statement should be in the applicants name and the bank should be domiciled in the country he/she is a resident of. So if he resides in Nigeria, the statement of account should be of a Nigerian bank.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amaka157: 7:10pm On Mar 22, 2021
CuteTj:

I believe the bank statement should be in the applicants name and the bank should be domiciled in the country he/she is a resident of. So if he resides in Nigeria, the statement of account should be of a Nigerian bank.

@licia, aren't applying for visa..? not sure you need statement of account for that... correct me if am wrong please... if yes, then you don't need bank statement.. just transfer the money from your hubby's account to the school's... good enough that you and your hubby have the same last name.. would be easy to confirm your payment...
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by licia3: 12:18am On Mar 23, 2021
amaka157:

@licia, aren't applying for visa..? not sure you need statement of account for that... correct me if am wrong please... if yes, then you don't need bank statement.. just transfer the money from your hubby's account to the school's... good enough that you and your hubby have the same last name.. would be easy to confirm your payment...

What we are saying is that in a situation where by the uni only accept deposit for the applicant alone and not for other family members. In the above said case should the money be showed in Nigeria statement and he said yes so might try that.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amaka157: 3:10am On Mar 23, 2021
licia3:

What we are saying is that in a situation where by the uni only accept deposit for the applicant alone and not for other family members. In the above said case should the money be showed in Nigeria statement and he said yes so might try that.

my error.... forgive me...

lykke til dear
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Tolulanguy(m): 4:11pm On Mar 23, 2021
Hello everyone, let's say I have gotten my residence permit and I can speak Norwegian, how many weeks would it likely take before I can get a part time job as a student?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 24, 2021
See question � it’s not easy getting a job anywhere. So even in Norge is hard getting a job but speaking Norwegian gives you a gauge �

Tolulanguy:
Hello everyone, let's say I have gotten my residence permit and I can speak Norwegian, how many weeks would it likely take before I can get a part time job as a student?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
I feel like I have to enlighten some of my brothers and sisters on here about Norge.

IT IS NOT EASY IN NORWAY AND IF YOU HAVE IT IN THE BACK OF YOUR MIND YOU WILL COME OVER HERE AND GET SETTLED IN WITH MONTHS, THEN YOU ARE SETTING YOURSELF FOR DISAPPOINTMENT.

although anything is possible but thing realistically, if you not fluent and don’t have family member here it will be difficult to get along with the system.

Yeah education is free but is mad expensive in Norway, so think twice before going through the whole process of moving here. I always tell people who I personally know to go for English speaking countries if they can afford it.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Tolulanguy(m): 5:24pm On Mar 24, 2021
ikswiss:
I feel like I have to enlighten some of my brothers and sisters on here about Norge.

IT IS NOT EASY IN NORWAY AND IF YOU HAVE IT IN THE BACK OF YOUR MIND YOU WILL COME OVER HERE AND GET SETTLED IN WITH MONTHS, THEN YOU ARE SETTING YOURSELF FOR DISAPPOINTMENT.

although anything is possible but thing realistically, if you not fluent and don’t have family member here it will be difficult to get along with the system.

Yeah education is free but is mad expensive in Norway, so think twice before going through the whole process of moving here. I always tell people who I personally know to go for English speaking countries if they can afford it.

Okay thank you. Please if there is any WhatsApp group for Nigerians going to Norway or something related please don't hesitate to add me 080 6291 1270. Thank you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
Don’t send me personal email, if you have any questions then let it know on here so we all can tackle it together.

Tolulanguy:

Okay thank you. Please if there is any WhatsApp group for Nigerians going to Norway or something related please don't hesitate to add me 080 6291 1270. Thank you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by seyipeters(m): 4:47pm On Mar 27, 2021
Hello all. I got an admission yesterday to study a bsc course in Nord university. Please who went to norway recently through bsc amd how can i go through the visa stuffs. I have a bsc in physics already but want to change field to film and tv production.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.