Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551022 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Haggai92: 10:46am On Apr 22, 2022
MissLarry:
Hello guys
Good evening.
I just got my offer from a Norwegian school and I am really confused and conflicted.

I have about four offers from United Kingdom but norway has always been my dream country.

I have a bf and we were planning life in the UK before I got this Norwegian offer. I really wanna have the scheghen visa but I’m weighing my options based on life after school and opportunities available to me.

Confusion confusion confusion!

If you have the funds go to UK.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Toriobi: 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2022
Pactviva:

Good Day everyone, I received my admission offer from university of stavanger… risk analysis and governance.

Congratulations dearie… Hopefully I get mine

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Pactviva: 4:16pm On Apr 22, 2022
Toriobi:

Congratulations dearie… Hopefully I get mine

Thank you very much.. I pray you receive yours too.. it will be great to have a Nigerian colleague to navigate with.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StevenZX: 3:48am On Apr 23, 2022
Need your help pls, bin trying 2 register on my page of ssn.no as a new user but 2 no avail. I am not getting d one time SMS code verification.
Got admitted in2 usn's msc program 2022.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by works1: 8:55am On Apr 24, 2022
Good Day All Nairalanders,

I have attempted a Norway visa 3 times on the same Training from the same Education Center but keep on rejected.

The above was the email gotten from their embassy in Accra this week after sent an email to them to know the reasons why have constantly been refused even do I submitted all the necessary documents.

Dear Mr. Bosun,

We refer to your e-mail of 21 April 2022, our reference number 20150865.

The Embassy is able to inform you that you are not registered with a ban on entry in Norwegian immigration databases.

As to your previous applications for a visa, we recommend that you read the decision letters from the previous times, and see the reasons stated in those decision letters. These letters also refer to information sources, such as www.udi.no and www. udiregelverk.no

Due to the conditions in Nigeria and the experience with Nigerian visa applicants, Norwegian and Schengen visa practice is rather strict. For example, it can be hard to obtain a visa in order to attend courses, conventions, trade fairs, and the like.

Best regards,

Head of Visa Section

I am planning to visit the country this year on vacation please kindly advise.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:29pm On Apr 24, 2022
works1:
Good Day All Nairalanders,

I have attempted a Norway visa 3 times on the same Training from the same Education Center but keep on rejected.

The above was the email gotten from their embassy in Accra this week after sent an email to them to know the reasons why have constantly been refused even do I submitted all the necessary documents.

Dear Mr. Bosun,

We refer to your e-mail of 21 April 2022, our reference number 20150865.

The Embassy is able to inform you that you are not registered with a ban on entry in Norwegian immigration databases.

As to your previous applications for a visa, we recommend that you read the decision letters from the previous times, and see the reasons stated in those decision letters. These letters also refer to information sources, such as www.udi.no and www. udiregelverk.no

Due to the conditions in Nigeria and the experience with Nigerian visa applicants, Norwegian and Schengen visa practice is rather strict. For example, it can be hard to obtain a visa in order to attend courses, conventions, trade fairs, and the like.

Best regards,

Head of Visa Section

I am planning to visit the country this year on vacation please kindly advise.

Why would a Nigerian vacate in Norway grin grin grin. It's gonna be insanely hard to convince the visa officers o.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Easternheart: 9:13am On Apr 27, 2022
Anyone here who have submitted documents at VFS and have received notification from UDI with his/her DUF number?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Impeccable422: 9:31am On Apr 27, 2022
CuteTj:

I agree to some extent that you cannot easily learn the language before you get to Norway. The best way of learning a language is surrounding yourself with speakers.

And I also disagree that you cannot fully learn it until you arrive Norway. When I got here, two people testified about a lady that learnt Norwegian before arriving here. I got to meet her last month and she said she learnt it to a degree she could make herself understood and to a very good extent understand people all under 9 months.

Let me share a story. I went for an interview just 7 days I arrived here and after a smooth exercise, the Norwegian said it was unfortunate he couldn't hire me despite he being interested in my skill set but me not speaking the language made him reach the conclusion to not offer me the job. He then advised I take my time to learn the language and get used to the system.

When you get here, the locals will tell you to take your time. Unless you have all the money in the world and can afford to not work. Then you may take your time. But If you are like me who slightly regrets not making the move to leave Nigeria at a younger age and now has a family to take care of, you won't take your time. You have to hit the ground running.

If you are student and at the same time have to work alongside your studies, the 2 years you estimated might turn out to be prolonged. As the stress of daily life might prevent you from mixing with Norwegian speakers.

You won't realize the seriousness of this language matter until you get here.

For all of you advising him to take up the offer, I will advise him not to take it if he does not feel comfortable with it. We here know Norway is a great country but its not a country for everyone. Jobs are difficult to get not to talk of professional jobs. Hence people use it as a transit country.

When I left Nigeria for Norway, a friend of mine also left for UK at the same time and he got a job after one week (even though it was not a professional job) while I was still searching for a job without success. Since I had a family to feed and was under financial stress, i had no choice but to start searching for any job and that still proved difficult. Eventually I got something to do and my financial stress ended but it was initially tough.

A lady also on this thread got admission to study the same course as my wife but she turned it down and headed to the UK with her family. Her husband and her were able to get basic jobs early.

A Ghanian friend I have in Stavanger has a job with Schlumberger waiting for him in Italy but he his reluctant to leave Norway and is trying his best to get a job but its been difficult.

Getting a professional job in Norway is difficult after studies as our names, colour and inability to speak Norwegian is a disadvantage.

So my friend, go to an english speaking country if you do not feel comfortable with Norway.

Norway is not everyone's destiny! Although It is one of the best countries in the world with a system better than America or England but getting a job is difficult unlike those english speaking countries.

Norway or English speaking country?? The main thing is leaving Nigeria for a western country!!

Hello, i sent you a message via your email. Please check. Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lanspower(m): 2:19am On Apr 28, 2022
Good day all. Please I need some heads up. I have a master's degree from a UK university in 2011 after completing a Bsc from a Nigerian university. I have been back to Nigeria for about 8 years but not finding things easy again here. My master's final grade is 58% and I guess most universities will accept 60% and above for a Phd. Thus, I am considering going for another master's next year. I am rooting for Norway coz it offers free tuition as I cannot afford to pay UK or any other countries tuition fee. Now my questions:
1. Does anyone know of a Nowergian uni that can accept my master's grade for a Phd?
2. If I decide to go for another master's can I indicate I already have a master and use the master's transcripts ( getting naija transcripts can be daunting)?
3. Is it compulsory that I transfer funds into a norwergian uni account before I can get clearance to apply for students visa or is this specific to some schools?
4. My field is Political Science, can anyone please recommend a uni offering the course or peace and conflict studies?
5. am I able to go with my family if I decide to study in Norway and what extra cost implications will be involved?

Please I need some response for guys that are either already in Norway or with first hand experience. I am currently in a place with very limited internet access in case you are wondering why I didn't search for this info on the Net. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Toriobi: 11:50am On Apr 28, 2022
Please for those that know how these universities operate. If I am not given an admission, do I get an email notification?

I’m tired of checking my soknadsweb account for application response. It’s still under consideration.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by toyin03(f): 8:59pm On Apr 28, 2022
Toriobi:
Please for those that know how these universities operate. If I am not given an admission, do I get an email notification?

I’m tired of checking my soknadsweb account for application response. It’s still under consideration.
I’m co-asking.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Easternheart: 11:01pm On Apr 28, 2022
Toriobi:

Not all departments have released full list of admission. If it is still under consideration that means there is hope as long as you have not received a rejection mail or waiting list mail.

I heard that all admissions will be out on or before the second week of May.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by uchechukwu007(m): 8:40am On Apr 30, 2022
Easternheart:

Not all departments have released full list of admission. If it is still under consideration that means there is hope as long as you have not received a rejection mail or waiting list mail.

I heard that all admissions will be out on or before the second week of May.

So it is safe to say that if stavenger doesn’t issue you your admission at the second week of May...one can go ahead with other plans in other countries
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Exceldamsel(f): 8:51am On Apr 30, 2022
uchechukwu007:

So it is safe to say that if stavenger doesn’t issue you your admission at the second week of May...one can go ahead with other plans in other countries

I received my admission notice yesterday from University of Stavanger - Business Administration (Strategy and Leadership)
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Pactviva: 9:00am On Apr 30, 2022
Exceldamsel:

I received my admission notice yesterday from University of Stavanger - Business Administration (Strategy and Leadership)

Congratulations
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by uchechukwu007(m): 3:13pm On Apr 30, 2022
Exceldamsel:

Congratulations. I tap into your blessings.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bmuhd4smile: 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2022
Exceldamsel:

Congratulations....
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by davss02(m): 10:47am On May 02, 2022
Please guys, is stavanger admission still on?

If yes, when will it close?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by davss02(m): 10:49am On May 02, 2022
Mobiyinogal:
congrats got a rejection based on me having 2:2

Is there any university accepting 2.2 there at all?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bmuhd4smile: 6:34pm On May 02, 2022
davss02:
Please guys, is stavanger admission still on?

If yes, when will it close?

Till November to January
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bmuhd4smile: 6:38pm On May 02, 2022
Alhamdulillah..... Stavanger Don land my offer:: Master of Business Administration- Business Development and Innovation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ayodeji1998: 7:06am On May 03, 2022
congratulations, this is what I also study . For everyone that got admission to stavanger send me a mail. I'll need to share some important information and also arrange pick up from the airport for people coming to stavanger.
Bmuhd4smile:
Alhamdulillah..... Stavanger Don land my offer:: Master of Business Administration- Business Development and Innovation.

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bmuhd4smile: 7:48am On May 03, 2022
Ayodeji1998:
congratulations, this is what I also study . For everyone that got admission to stavanger send me a mail. I'll need to share some important information and also arrange pick up from the airport for people coming to stavanger.

Ok thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kalloy: 3:29pm On May 03, 2022
Congratulations to everyone getting their admission offers. I also got admitted to the University of Stavanger, Computational Engineering. I will like to connect with others admitted.

Ayodeji1998:
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bimminglights: 8:43am On May 04, 2022
Kalloy:
Congratulations to everyone getting their admission offers. I also got admitted to the University of Stavanger, Computational Engineering. I will like to connect with others admitted.

Hello , I just got admission as well, please can we connect
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by deuoessch: 5:32pm On May 10, 2022
Hello everyone, I've started learning Norwegian and it's going really well. Are there universities I can apply to as of now, I'm going for undergraduate studies. All help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by yr2020: 6:19pm On May 14, 2022
Good day house,
Please I need urgent information concerning those that have paid for the proof of fund.
I have gained admission to study Business Administration -Business Development and Innovation at University of Stavanger.
Somebody, anybody with the actual amount deducted at the bank for that (128,887 nok).
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by greatsly: 7:16pm On May 14, 2022
yr2020:
Good day house,
Please I need urgent information concerning those that have paid for the proof of fund.
I have gained admission to study Business Administration -Business Development and Innovation at University of Stavanger.
Somebody, anybody with the actual amount deducted at the bank for that (128,887 nok).
Thanks in anticipation

It was $15k I did, together with other student. 1 Norwegian krone= 0.12 dollars. That's is equivalent to 140k krone. But you can this calculation to fill a bit lower than this.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Samoluv(m): 3:37pm On May 16, 2022
As at today 13,250$ is sufficient and that's like Nok 129,700 and #5.6m Form A o including bank charges and all
yr2020:
Good day house,
Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Philmale: 6:34pm On May 16, 2022
Hello house! Please i need someone to assist me with names of universities i can apply in Norway without legalizing my documents before the application process. I have other schools I want to apply because i don’t want to put all eggs in one basket.

Will these universities accept post graduate diploma from university of port harcourt?

I have National diploma in public administration CGPA 3.30

Higher national diploma in public administration CGPA 3.04

(PGDE) graduate diploma in education CGPA 4.34

Please do i have a chance of securing admission in a social science course?

Thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 8:57pm On May 17, 2022
Tonero0147:
Seems Nordland University is not highly rated afterwards ......peeps opting for other universities in Norway. Na only me waka come
No one cares about what university you went to in Norway (within the country at least). You will never be questioned by an employer regarding your place of study. I can pretty much guarantee it. All institutions have high standards.

Also, in regards to the topic of learning Norwegian prior to arrival - yes, it is in fact possible. See my previous post about joining a Discord community and speaking with people online. Norwegian has a decent amount of resources that are free and otherwise. These resources will make you at the very least somewhat competent in the language. You will do the remaining work while you're in Norway. Learning the language is an investment, and it will provide tremendous advantages both during study and afterwards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.