Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,915 members, 7,802,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (550351 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rafcrown(m): 1:39am On Jul 15, 2014
Is there any part of Norway where one can quickly get job?
How can one learn the language before moving to Norway?Distance learning,Online courses?
How can EU citizen go about the employment issue in Norway?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 8:48am On Jul 15, 2014
chunaph: Its 28 days now and i have not heard anything from udi. Some of my friends that submitted same day have received theirs. Do you guys thing i should do them a mail?

Did u contact your guys whether they all received text massage before they got their Visa?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 15, 2014
they didnt get any msg

Inxyz:

Did u contact your guys whether they all received text massage before they got their Visa?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 10:18am On Jul 15, 2014
rafcrown: Is there any part of Norway where one can quickly get job?
How can one learn the language before moving to Norway?Distance learning,Online courses?
How can EU citizen go about the employment issue in Norway?

Go to https://www.nairaland.com/1799345/naija-norwegian-student-norway-101

Starflux and good NLanders have done some good jobs here.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 10:23am On Jul 15, 2014
chunaph: they didnt get any msg

Thank you,., mine is on the way too.
Just hope to receive it soonest.

Congrats.. I think its better to go for one year MSC than two, considering time & free money from scholarship.

Also, PTDF is one of the best scholarship you can think of, so communicate with them as ealier suggested and grab it.

Although, I believe two year Norwegian education is better for me if all other conditions are constant.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ashimiyu(m): 9:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
Two year Msc is always better that One year Msc, especially if you want to quickly go for PhD. I learnt
Inxyz:

Thank you,., mine is on the way too.
Just hope to receive it soonest.

Congrats.. I think its better to go for one year MSC than two, considering time & free money from scholarship.

Also, PTDF is one of the best scholarship you can think of, so communicate with them as ealier suggested and grab it.

Although, I believe two year Norwegian education is better for me if all other conditions are constant.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 16, 2014
just got my permit. thankGod!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2014
chunaph: just got my permit. thankGod!

Congrats man, we thnk God o.
Mine will be with me soon.

@Starflux, as we prepare to go... What do you think we should come with from Naija to make our stay a bit comfortable?

Thanks.

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 4:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
Congratulations! That is amazingcheesy

Inxyz:
Congrats man, we thnk God o.
Mine will be with me soon.
@Starflux, as we prepare to go... What do you think we should come with from Naija to make our stay a bit comfortable?
Thanks.
Well, apart from the ordinary stuff (hygiene etc.) I recommend warm clothes. If you don't have any, then buy them before arrival due to the prices in this country. Basically try to bring a little bit of everything essential to avoid having to buy it here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
@starflux, thanks a lot . U ve been there from the beginning of dis journey. I hope to meet you one day. God bless you.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ashimiyu(m): 5:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
Congrats, wink wink That is good to hear. Which county will you be staying in Norway?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
Trondheim!

ashimiyu: Congrats, wink wink That is good to hear. Which county will you be staying in Norway?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by tmeg: 11:50am On Jul 17, 2014
Hi NL
Please I need an advice am about to start my preparetion on moving to norway for my masters coming next year ,from the requirements i got from the school site i can provide it all but where my fear is when i will arrive to norway i wouldnt have enough money to be maintaining my accormodation ,feedings,and other exigencies.please is there a means of surviving like studying and working in norway and how will i apply that?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by nnjohnson: 8:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
Happy to hear dat most of us hs bn granted resident permit.
StarFlux, u r God sent to this forum. God will make u bigger.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 9:15am On Jul 18, 2014
Biggest Thanks to God almighty, I have just been granted permit.

Also, thanks to all NL.

Special thanks to Starflux.

Here we go...
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by nnjohnson: 10:52am On Jul 18, 2014
Happy for you broda.

Inxyz: Biggest Thanks to God almighty, I have just been granted permit.

Also, thanks to all NL.

Here we go...
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jidowu(m): 10:52am On Jul 18, 2014
Good day house I intend studying Real estate in Norway, I want to know if there are students studying the course in Norway so as to profer a good uni for the study, I intend coming for msc cos I would be rounding up my B.Tech in Estate MGT soon, advices on this would be welcomed.
Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
tmeg: Hi NL
Please I need an advice am about to start my preparetion on moving to norway for my masters coming next year ,from the requirements i got from the school site i can provide it all but where my fear is when i will arrive to norway i wouldnt have enough money to be maintaining my accormodation ,feedings,and other exigencies.please is there a means of surviving like studying and working in norway and how will i apply that?
If you are a quick learner, then you can learn Norwegian at a basic level in a couple of months and start applying for work.

Inxyz: Biggest Thanks to God almighty, I have just been granted permit.
Also, thanks to all NL.
Here we go...
Truly good news! Glad to see all the efforts paid off. Hope your stay will be a pleasent one.

nnjohnson: Happy to hear dat most of us hs bn granted resident permit.
StarFlux, u r God sent to this forum. God will make u bigger.
Thank you, my friend.

jidowu: Good day house I intend studying Real estate in Norway, I want to know if there are students studying the course in Norway so as to profer a good uni for the study, I intend coming for msc cos I would be rounding up my B.Tech in Estate MGT soon, advices on this would be welcomed.
Thanks
I'll get back to you in a few hours.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by eben1991: 8:09am On Jul 20, 2014
Good day friends! Firstly, I want to appreciate those making it easy for us here...
I just have a little questions that am bothered about. Am a fresh graduate with a CGPA of 3.41 (B.Sc International Relations) and I want to study in Norway for my M.Sc Degree. Please I want to know the possibility of getting admitted with my grade point and I also need contact of guys that can help me directly. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 8:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
StarFlux: If you are a quick learner, then you can learn Norwegian at a basic level in a couple of months and start applying for work.
Truly good news! Glad to see all the efforts paid off. Hope your stay will be a pleasent one.
Thank you, my friend.

Thanks once more.

God has favored me so much this period.
Let's continue to keep this forum alive.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 8:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
eben1991: Good day friends! Firstly, I want to appreciate those making it easy for us here...
I just have a little questions that am bothered about. Am a fresh graduate with a CGPA of 3.41 (B.Sc International Relations) and I want to study in Norway for my M.Sc Degree. Please I want to know the possibility of getting admitted with my grade point and I also need contact of guys that can help me directly. Thanks and God bless.

Its simple, application is free and there is no harm trying your best.

I will advise you read www.topuniversities.com/where-to-study/europe/norway/guide and www.studyinnorway.no/Where-can-I-study/List-of-institutions.

Search for the school and course of your choice and package a very good personal statement and CV.
Make sure you submit all they need in the final application and pray to God for favor.

With God, nothing shall be impossible...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jidowu(m): 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
StarFlux: If you are a quick learner, then you can learn Norwegian at a basic level in a couple of months and start applying for work.

Thank you, my friend.

Bro you haven't replied, am sure you would be busy, your response would be highly helpful
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ewere101: 7:52am On Jul 23, 2014
@ starflux and others with useful information. .
Please I have a friend from Denmark he is a medical doctor in Denmark, he always come to Ghana were I am now each time he's on leave. I talked him about coming to Europe to hustle and he agreed to help me but the problem now is dat he doesn't know the easiest and brstbest way to do it, we are contemplating if I come with a visitors visa how easy will it be for me to get a permit to work and all... pls in nneed u guys to give me a clue on the best way he could really help me..
And I actually love to be iin Norway not Denmark is there any chance that if I get a Danish visa I could go to Norway to work since there are all Scandinavians. . Thanks all please I need immediate answers
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by nnjohnson: 8:50am On Jul 23, 2014
ewere101: @ starflux and others with useful information. .
Please I have a friend from Denmark he is a medical doctor in Denmark, he always come to Ghana were I am now each time he's on leave. I talked him about coming to Europe to hustle and he agreed to help me but the problem now is dat he doesn't know the easiest and brstbest way to do it, we are contemplating if I come with a visitors visa how easy will it be for me to get a permit to work and all... pls in nneed u guys to give me a clue on the best way he could really help me..
And I actually love to be iin Norway not Denmark is there any chance that if I get a Danish visa I could go to Norway to work since there are all Scandinavians. . Thanks all please I need immediate answers

Ewere, the only sure means of getting a work permit is through a student visa. There is no other shortcut to this unless u r a skilled worker and already have an employment offer either from denmark or norway. You will be bundled bck home on expiry of ur visitor visa Dats if dey will easily grant u d visitor visa.
PS: this is from my own point of veiw and it's disputable
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ewere101: 9:24am On Jul 23, 2014
nnjohnson:

Ewere, the only sure means of getting a work permit is through a student visa. There is no other shortcut to this unless u r a skilled worker and already have an employment offer either from denmark or norway. You will be bundled bck home on expiry of ur visitor visa Dats if dey will easily grant u d visitor visa.
PS: this is from my own point of veiw and it's disputable

Thanks Johnson, yrah he talked about students visa and that its a very easy way of getting a visa but my problem is that it will be too expensive paying the fees and all...
And I'm a skilled worker I have national diploma in welding and fab and an additional certificate too,and I have been working as a welder here.... so wat do u think?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 1:02pm On Jul 24, 2014
jidowu:
Bro you haven't replied, am sure you would be busy, your response would be highly helpful
Yes, I'm sorry.

As far as I've seen - there are no real real estate master's programmes or related fields offered in English. This is mostly due to people going for real estate takes only the bachelor and then works for 2 years which yields them the title. I'll ask around, but right now it doesn't look too good, unless you widen your study interests somewhat, unfortunately.

ewere101:
Thanks Johnson, yrah he talked about students visa and that its a very easy way of getting a visa but my problem is that it will be too expensive paying the fees and all...
And I'm a skilled worker I have national diploma in welding and fab and an additional certificate too,and I have been working as a welder here.... so wat do u think?
Then you can apply for a skilled worker visa, then problem is that you'll need a job offer. The best and easiest way is through education, as already stated.

http://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/work-immigration/skilled-workers/
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by EazyWiz: 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
StarFlux, I am due in Oslo come August. How much would you recommend I carry in cash or have handy in some other form (ATM accessible) for the first 2 weeks of my stay while I attempt to access my student deposit? Also, would you recommend that I see to the better part of my clothing needs before arrival or after arrival (probably pay a visit to one of the city's flea markets)?

Please I need your response ASAP to properly shape my plans.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 11:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
EazyWiz: StarFlux, I am due in Oslo come August. How much would you recommend I carry in cash or have handy in some other form (ATM accessible) for the first 2 weeks of my stay while I attempt to access my student deposit? Also, would you recommend that I see to the better part of my clothing needs before arrival or after arrival (probably pay a visit to one of the city's flea markets)?

Please I need your response ASAP to properly shape my plans.
I recommend filling out your wardrobe beforehand as long as it isn't going overboard.

The reason is that the markets around town do hold cheap clothing, with varying quality (mostly pretty bad unless you're looking for plain t-shirts and such), but if you want better quality clothing (as seen in normal retail stores), it is more pricey.

As for how much, around 200k should put you in the safe zone. I wouldn't expect you to use that much at all, but you honestly never know.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 8:03am On Jul 26, 2014
StarFlux: I recommend filling out your wardrobe beforehand as long as it isn't going overboard.
The reason is that the markets around town do hold cheap clothing, with varying quality (mostly pretty bad unless you're looking for plain t-shirts and such), but if you want better quality clothing (as seen in normal retail stores), it is more pricey.
As for how much, around 200k should put you in the safe zone. I wouldn't expect you to use that much at all, but you honestly never know.
Thanks man.

How is Stavanger like?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
Inxyz:
Thanks man.

How is Stavanger like?
Haven't been there in person, but from what I've heard and seen, it's supposedly quite a nice place. There's also some fascinating nature experiences close by, especially Preikestolen (the preacher's pulpit).

Study enviroment should be good as well, with a healthy amount of international students.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omojayejaye(m): 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2014
Starflux..I love dis pix..it's breathtaking..talk of the Nordic,talk of nature...I really love it..
Indeed,it's the preacher's pulpit...what a name

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 8:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
StarFlux: Haven't been there in person, but from what I've heard and seen, it's supposedly quite a nice place. There's also some fascinating nature experiences close by, especially Preikestolen (the preacher's pulpit).

Study enviroment should be good as well, with a healthy amount of international students.
Thank you.
This is lovely, oya August come sharpally make I go visit dis so-called pulpit.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.