Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551048 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
moneybag100:
Dele baba, been trying to make a difference.
Same here bro
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by moneybag100: 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
Soyedele1:

Same here bro
Cool. God bless every hustle and effort.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 06, 2015
moneybag100:

Cool. God bless every hustle and effort.

I no see yu for bbm again
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 9:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
Anyone here who knows if NTNU has officially availed its online application portal, SoknasWeb for its 2016/2017 Msc admission to prospective students? I've got a technical challenge while trying to use it.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by moneybag100: 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2015
Soyedele1:

I no see yu for bbm again
I had an issue with my phone, though I have a new pin am using for the main time, can you re send me your pin.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
olujastro:
Anyone here who knows if NTNU has officially availed its online application portal, SoknasWeb for its 2016/2017 Msc admission to prospective students? I've got a technical challenge while trying to use it.
I dont think ntnu has started yet as I dey eye them seriously
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by niyogeol(m): 4:13am On Oct 08, 2015
NTNU application starts by October 10, 2015.
Soyedele1:
I dont think ntnu has started yet as I dey eye them seriously
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by biggysmalls: 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2015
olujastro:
# Guys please how can documents be uploaded on soknadsweb its really challenging
! i urgently need the house assistance
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by oakslid: 9:03pm On Oct 10, 2015
biggysmalls:
# Guys please how can documents be uploaded on soknadsweb its really challenging
! i urgently need the house assistance

I think it's pretty straightforward. If you're still having issues, try and change browser. I hope you're not trying to use a smartphone.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 11, 2015
PLS WATS DIS NTNU SCHOLASHIP ABOUT PLS GUZ NEED UR HELP
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 1:36am On Oct 11, 2015
Pls guyz hlp b4 application z ova
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by biggysmalls: 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
Thanks man I changed the browser ,you r right=38861553]

I think it's pretty straightforward. If you're still having issues, try and change browser. I hope you're not trying to use a smartphone. [/quote]
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lobito007(m): 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
amblessede:
not too sure but might b a GPA issue. My application for subsea engineering got rejected because my GPA 3.61(about 70%) was short of d 4.00(about 80%) required. i applied to stavanger university. i guess urs shld b ntnu. those 2 r highly selective
Bro, I am particularly interested in this course @ stavanger. Please, was it expressly stated that the require GPA is 4.00? Kindly give me the link.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by akin08: 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2015
lobito007:

Bro, I am particularly interested in this course @ stavanger. Please, was it expressly stated that the require GPA is 4.00? Kindly give me the link.

I guess you have been trying to reach me, i got your message anyways.

as for application, you can give it a shot with your GPA. UIS focus more on minimum academic requirements, thus i will advice you to open the courses under subsea and marine and check the prequisites for some courses..you need to check your grades in some courses u took in ur bachelors such as statistics -maths, fluid mechanics etc.

the reason y i said this is because a friend of my had a gPA of 4.3 and she applied for Subsea last 2yrs bt her application was not success and the reason they gave was that she did not meet the meaning academic requirements and that same year someone i know very well, with a lower gpa applied for the same course and was offered admission in subsea.

as for certifying you documents, i bet you dont need to certify all your documents, just a certified through copy of your bach deg. cert. is enough. i did only certified that doc. as it was stated in their cover page. so save urself the strength of running around. UIS is primarily interested in your bach. degree grades and statement of purpose.

best of luck
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lobito007(m): 9:31pm On Oct 12, 2015
@akin08, Thank you! How kind of you... I thought you gained admission into RAMS at NTNU, right? Were you also offered admission into UiS? As par certificates certification as true copy, UiS said it should be done by the university. Did you do this at your school or at the court? Please reply the mail I sent you.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 11:51am On Oct 13, 2015
=stewiepeter...please can we have your email asides nairaland. Am still searching for a school. I studied physiotherapy, I have already concluded nysc. Am looking for a tuition free school in Norway to do Masters in public health or sports medicine. Please help a brother too. Thank you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by akin08: 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
lobito007:
@akin08, Thank you! How kind of you... I thought you gained admission into RAMS at NTNU, right? Were you also offered admission into UiS? As par certificates certification as true copy, UiS said it should be done by the university. Did you do this at your school or at the court? Please reply the mail I sent you.
Thank you.

sorry for the late response. my certificate was certified by my sch, UIS does not insist on geting it certified by the sch. however i advice you get ur cert certified by your sch. fyi UIS will still send a message to ur sch requesting for confirmation of ur transcript and certificate like they did for mine. i know this cos i know some at the exams and record in my sch. so as soon as they got the request i was intimated by my correspondence.
like i mentioned in my previous message the secrete is ur grades in some bach degree courses and ur statement of purpose. to prove this.. NTNU gave me admission without sending hardcopy of my transcript and other documents to them. i only uploaded some of the required documents, cos i never wanted RAMS, so i applied just for the fun of it so i was surprised when i got the admission.
...i got admission into RAMS at NTNU and SUBSEA at UIS. so i opted for UIS. hence i am currently pursuing msc in subsea and marine at UIS. If you need further clarification feel free to post ur questns.

Goodluck
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lobito007(m): 6:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
akin08:

sorry for the late response. my certificate was certified by my sch, UIS does not insist on geting it certified by the sch. however i advice you get ur cert certified by your sch. fyi UIS will still send a message to ur sch requesting for confirmation of ur transcript and certificate like they did for mine. i know this cos i know some at the exams and record in my sch. so as soon as they got the request i was intimated by my correspondence.
like i mentioned in my previous message the secrete is ur grades in some bach degree courses and ur statement of purpose. to prove this.. NTNU gave me admission without sending hardcopy of my transcript and other documents to them. i only uploaded some of the required documents, cos i never wanted RAMS, so i applied just for the fun of it so i was surprised when i got the admission.
...i got admission into RAMS at NTNU and SUBSEA at UIS. so i opted for UIS. hence i am currently pursuing msc in subsea and marine at UIS. If you need further clarification feel free to post ur questns.

Goodluck
Thank you.

Again, please respond to the mail I sent to you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by akin08: 6:53pm On Oct 13, 2015
lobito007:

Thank you.

i didnt get the content of your email...i only got notified that u wanted to send a message
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lobito007(m): 8:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
akin08:

i didnt get the content of your email...i only got notified that u wanted to send a message
Yes, that's how it is. Just click 'reply' and type 'ok' then 'send'.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 8:51pm On Oct 13, 2015
rinzylee:
=stewiepeter...please can we have your email asides nairaland. Am still searching for a school. I studied physiotherapy, I have already concluded nysc. Am looking for a tuition free school in Norway to do Masters in public health or sports medicine. Please help a brother too. Thank you
Sorry rinzylee iv been busy here is my email elialex08@gmail but if you have a question you can ask here so others will learn.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by niyogeol(m): 2:25pm On Oct 14, 2015
akin08:

Goodluck
I am really impressed by your humble feat. Did you scan your transcript to NTNU? Because I am marvelled that you got admitted at NTNU without you sending your transcript from your school. Were you given conditional or unconditional offer?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by akin08: 5:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
lobito007:

Please leave your e-mail address.

lobito007:

Thank you.

yes i uploaded a scanned copy of my transcript and other documents. i was given unconditional offer by both schools, as a matter of fact i stil get messages from NTNU find below one of the recent messages i got if u are in doubt.

Dear Kristine,
Thank you for your mail.
I have already sent a mail of rejection of admission offer some couples of weeks ago to the school (NTNU.

You are much appreciated once again.

Regards

<br><br><div>-------- Original message --------</div><div>From: Kristine Halvorsen <xxxxxxxx@ntnu.no> </div><div>Date:09/28/2015 2:07 PM (GMT+01:00) </div><div>To: </div><div>Subject: Important: tuberculosis examination </div><div><br></div>
Dear student,

We have been informed by the Trondheim Health Board that you have not met for the scheduled tuberculosis examination. According to Norwegian legislation, i.e. “Act relating to control of communicable diseases” and “Immigration regulations”, you are obliged to turn up to your appointment. Failure to do so will result in notification to the Police immigration office. We would like to avoid reporting students to the Police, and have therefore arranged a new appointment for you this week. The appointment is mandatory, and cannot be rescheduled. Please note that an obligatory lecture is not a valid reason to miss the tuberculosis examination. Students who fail to present themselves to the examination will be reported to the Police.

Your appointment:
Friday 2 October at 08:30.
After your appointment, you will go directly to x-ray examination at St.Olavs Hospital. The Trondheim Health Board will give you more detailed information.

The examination is free of charge.

The examination is available at:
Vaksinasjon og smittevernkontoret (Trondheim Health Board)
Erling Skakkesgt. 40, entrance A or C (Leutenhaven)
Phone 72 54 08 50

Best regards,
Kristine Halvorsen
Orientation Week Coordinator
Office of International Relations
Norwegian University of Science and Technology

Dear student,

We have been informed by the Trondheim Health Board that you have not met for the scheduled tuberculosis examination. According to Norwegian legislation, i.e. “Act relating to control of communicable diseases” and “Immigration regulations”, you are obliged to turn up to your appointment. Failure to do so will result in notification to the Police immigration office. We would like to avoid reporting students to the Police, and have therefore arranged a new appointment for you this week. The appointment is mandatory, and cannot be rescheduled. Please note that an obligatory lecture is not a valid reason to miss the tuberculosis examination. Students who fail to present themselves to the examination will be reported to the Police.

Your appointment:
After your appointment, you will go directly to x-ray examination at St.Olavs Hospital. The Trondheim Health Board will give you more detailed information.

Phone 72 54 08 50

Best regards,
Kristine Halvorsen

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by niyogeol(m): 7:16am On Oct 15, 2015
Thank you for your quick response. Was there need to send the transcript at any given time after the admission? I am contemplating on taking your path of scanning to them, because of the cost of sending from my alma mata.
akin08:

yes i uploaded a scanned copy of my transcript and other documents. i was given unconditional offer by both schools, as a matter of fact i stil get messages from NTNU find below one of the recent messages i got if u are in doubt.

Dear Kristine,
Thank you for your mail.
I have already sent a mail of rejection of admission offer some couples of weeks ago to the school (NTNU.

You are much appreciated once again.

Regards

<br><br><div>-------- Original message --------</div><div>From: Kristine Halvorsen <xxxxxxxx@ntnu.no> </div><div>Date:09/28/2015 2:07 PM (GMT+01:00) </div><div>To: </div><div>Subject: Important: tuberculosis examination </div><div><br></div>
Dear student,

Your appointment:

Phone 72 54 08 50

Best regards,
Kristine Halvorsen

Dear student,

Your appointment:

Phone 72 54 08 50

Best regards,
Kristine Halvorsen
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by akin08: 7:57am On Oct 15, 2015
niyogeol:
Thank you for your quick response. Was there need to send the transcript at any given time after the admission? I am contemplating on taking your path of scanning to them, because of the cost of sending from my alma mata.

Like i said the admission was unconditional. Hence they never requested for the hard copy of my transcript. I was only asked to accept the offer and afterwards do the needfull i. e send the deposit to the sch and apply for visa period
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lobito007(m): 11:07am On Oct 15, 2015
akin08:

Like i said the admission was unconditional. Hence they never requested for the hard copy of my transcript. I was only asked to accept the offer and afterwards do the needfull i. e send the deposit to the sch and apply for visa period
Ok. But you sent hard copy to UiS, right?
Please reply my mail.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by akin08: 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2015
Yes i did send hard copy to uis bt nt ntnu
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 10:38pm On Oct 17, 2015
i deeply appreciate everyone on this thread...may God bless our hustles and provide funds for those lacking sponsors. please i have spent the past two nights frantically searching for a school that takes masters in Physiotherapy in English language, havnt been too successful as most of them offer their Physiotherapy masters in Norwegian. i need any assistance of any sort. please reply.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
rinzylee:
i deeply appreciate everyone on this thread...may God bless our hustles and provide funds for those lacking sponsors. please i have spent the past two nights frantically searching for a school that takes masters in Physiotherapy in English language, havnt been too successful as most of them offer their Physiotherapy masters in Norwegian. i need any assistance of any sort. please reply.

Use mastersportal.eu to search your course
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by vowolabi(m): 4:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
rinzylee:
Hello, you can try Exercise physiology and sport science at ntnu.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.