Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,543 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551033 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 12:16pm On Apr 14, 2018
tallmewarh:
Please is anyone presently studying at NMBU or as been offered admission to NMBU this year.
Kindly indicate and let us hook up.
PLEASE REPLY don't just read through
Thanks.
#Teamneverwalkalone$
Probably no one has anything to do with NMBU here. I saw your PMs. Ask your questions here and you might be able to get a good answer which might in turn help others.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by tallmewarh: 3:08pm On Apr 14, 2018
olujastro:

Probably no one has anything to do with NMBU here. I saw your PMs. Ask your questions here and you might be able to get a good answer which might in turn help others.

Thanks olujastro.
I don't have any questions as I have gone through the thread and found answers to most of my questions.
I just need to connect to someone over there so I will be guided when I get to Norway as I don't know anyone over there. Thats why I sent you a PM.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by dhrogbar9: 6:05pm On Apr 14, 2018
I'm sorry to ask. In a case I want to apply for a Visa... Must my sponsor be someone that lives in Nigeria or Norway? Secondly, will they debit my sponsor's account before granting me a visa? Thank you.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Uchboggy(m): 8:44pm On Apr 14, 2018
dhrogbar9:
I'm sorry to ask. In a case I want to apply for a Visa... Must my sponsor be someone that lives in Nigeria or Norway? Secondly, will they debit my sponsor's account before granting me a visa? Thank you.
your sponsor can be anywhere in the world but he would have to transfer that money to an account which the school would provide , it’s the receipt from that transfer that you use to apply for Visa
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Sapph: 11:31am On Apr 15, 2018
Hi, please is there anyone in the house who applied for University of Oslo (International Summer School) master's program ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Teaser4(m): 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2018
any student of university of Bergen in the house....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Army93: 11:42am On Apr 17, 2018
University of Oslo is yet to send the admission result to me. Has anyone received it?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chukxy: 5:27pm On Apr 18, 2018
skarlett:

There's no school that can cater for living and travel expenses, they've already given you tuition free programs. If you want to study in Norway, prepare your 4.7m for living expenses.

You can search for courses here https://www.studyinnorway.no/
@skartlett would this 4.7m be enough for 2 year masters program ?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 18, 2018
chukxy:
@skar tlett would this 4.7m be enough for 2 year masters program ?

No, it's just for the first year
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chukxy: 9:49pm On Apr 18, 2018
skarlett:

No, it's just for the first year
Thanks a lot. It is very helpful.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 8:51am On Apr 19, 2018
chukxy:
@skartlett would this 4.7m be enough for 2 year masters program ?
I doubt this amount is still 4.7m in naira. Norwegian kroner gained more value against the dollar from last year due to rise in oil prices. So the required 111,657 nok should be about $14,500 now compared to about $13,000 it was last year. And I understand that the banks give out fx at 360/$. So you guys should prepare yourselves with about 5.2m.
Anyone who has successfully sent their funds at much lower naira equivalent can disprove my estimates.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 11:07am On Apr 19, 2018
Just got the rejection mail from NTNU. Stated that:

"Admission to this program requires a minimum of 30 ECTS in mathematics and statistics?".

Which is confusing because:

My math courses totalled 8, while my statistic courses totalled 4 on the Nigerian credit unit scale. Making a sum total of 12 Nigerian credit units.

Please can anyone here explain this is not equal to the 30 ECTS required?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by tallmewarh: 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2018
Please are we still required to certify our passport copy for visa application?
Thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chukxy: 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2018
olujastro:

I doubt this amount is still 4.7m in naira. Norwegian kroner gained more value against the dollar from last year due to rise in oil prices. So the required 111,657 nok should be about $14,500 now compared to about $13,000 it was last year. And I understand that the banks give out fx at 360/$. So you guys should prepare yourselves with about 5.2m.
Anyone who has successfully sent their funds at much lower naira equivalent can disprove my estimates.
Thanks for the info. I think you have experience in this. My other question is if someone' s first year 's living expenses is paid that is the 5.2m is paid, would the person be able to pay the remaining living expenses for the second year by working as student?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 7:46pm On Apr 19, 2018
chukxy:
Thanks for the info. I think you have experience in this. My other question is if someone' s first year 's living expenses is paid that is the 5.2m is paid, would the person be able to pay the remaining living expenses for the second year by working as student?
You don't need to send any money to them in your second year as you already live here. Renewing your study permit for the second year is no big deal. All you need to attach to your application is your bank statement showing that amount. Simple!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by tallmewarh: 10:10pm On Apr 19, 2018
tallmewarh:
Please are we still required to certify our passport copy for visa application?
Thanks.
The elders on this platform kindly reply
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by JustCare: 2:54am On Apr 20, 2018
Olalekank:
Great job has been going on here. Having read from the beginning till the end, I hope I'm also able to gain admission when it's my time.

Come autumn 2020

Any idea if they're strict with cgpa requirments?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by vinlyreeks(m): 9:41am On Apr 22, 2018
Please is there a provision for people who can't speak Norwegian to get admitted and do 1 year language course to reach the Norwegian requirements?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dockal(m): 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2018
vinlyreeks:
Please is there a provision for people who can't speak Norwegian to get admitted and do 1 year language course to reach the Norwegian requirements?
vinlyreeks:
If you are going for masters, norwegian language proficiency isn't required. However it is required for bachelors.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by tallmewarh: 12:15am On Apr 23, 2018
Please do I need to certify my passport copy for those that have applied, I'm asking because its not on the UDI website that we should certify.

Kindly reply abeg
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by vinlyreeks(m): 12:38am On Apr 23, 2018
Are you applying for bachelor's or master's
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by bucky123(m): 6:40am On Apr 23, 2018
Good day everyone,

UiS says living expenses is NOK 111,657, UDI says it's NOK 116,369. Which one do we go with, please.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by tallmewarh: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2018
bucky123:
Good day everyone,

UiS says living expenses is NOK 111,657, UDI says it's NOK 116,369. Which one do we go with, please.

I guess this will help you

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by bucky123(m): 6:12pm On Apr 23, 2018
tallmewarh:

I guess this will help you

Thank you, tellmewarh.
111, 657 NOK it is then.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dockal(m): 11:54am On Apr 24, 2018
Please who has been able to make the fund transfer? which bank did you use and at what dollar rate?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by vinlyreeks(m): 9:59pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hello
I am interested in applying at UiT but from their website I saw only 35 programs of which most of them are masters degree and very few bachelor's degree courses so my questions are:

1.Do UiT offer pharmacy in Bachelor level?

2. If they do then it must be taught in Norwegian , is there any provision for international students that didn't meet the Norwegian language requirements to undertake 1year language preparatory course ?

3. Do I need to continuously deposit the 116k+ NOK every year or will my first deposit be enough for me throughout my study in Norway?

4. For accommodation when is the right time to apply? Is it when offered admission or when I am applying for the admission?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dockal(m): 12:08pm On Apr 28, 2018
To try to answer your questions;
1. All bachelors courses are offered in Norwegian.
2. I don't think there's a provision for 1 year language prep course( confirm from the sch pls).
3. The 116knok is needed to renew your study permit every year, however, in your 2nd year you are required to provide a bank statement containing the required amount. Alternatively, if you happen to get a part time job before then, you can present your contract letter from your employer(it should serve).
4. You can only apply for accommodation after you've been offered admission- It's guaranteed for all international students.

vinlyreeks:
Hello
I am interested in applying at UiT but from their website I saw only 35 programs of which most of them are masters degree and very few bachelor's degree courses so my questions are:

1.Do UiT offer pharmacy in Bachelor level?

2. If they do then it must be taught in Norwegian , is there any provision for international students that didn't meet the Norwegian language requirements to undertake 1year language preparatory course ?

3. Do I need to continuously deposit the 116k+ NOK every year or will my first deposit be enough for me throughout my study in Norway?

4. For accommodation when is the right time to apply? Is it when offered admission or when I am applying for the admission?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by vinlyreeks(m): 7:21pm On Apr 28, 2018
Dockal:
To try to answer your questions;
1. All bachelors courses are offered in Norwegian.
2. I don't think there's a provision for 1 year language prep course( confirm from the sch pls).
3. The 116knok is needed to renew your study permit every year, however, in your 2nd year you are required to provide a bank statement containing the required amount. Alternatively, if you happen to get a part time job before then, you can present your contract letter from your employer(it should serve).
4. You can only apply for accommodation after you've been offered admission- It's guaranteed for all international students.

Thanks so much bro I think this will help a lot
Are you a student there?

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by vinlyreeks(m): 7:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
Are you a student in Norway @dockal
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dockal(m): 3:18pm On Apr 29, 2018
vinlyreeks:
Are you a student in Norway @dockal
Prospective student. I've been offered admission by the school for Aug 2018.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by vinlyreeks(m): 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2018
Please if you don't mind add me up on WhatsApp
07016087515 I am looking forward to it please���
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dockal(m): 9:42pm On May 05, 2018
Ok.... will add you up.
vinlyreeks:
Please if you don't mind add me up on WhatsApp
07016087515 I am looking forward to it please���

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.