Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,522 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Nitel Pensioners Should Come In - Jobs/Vacancies (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nitel Pensioners Should Come In (160055 Views)

Privatisation: NITEL, MTEL To Employ 10,000 Nigerians – NATCOM / Netcom- Successor To NITEL Is Recruiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 7:41pm On May 16, 2018
God willing by next month, I believe they will start the the payment process ,then we will all see how many months or years will be paid.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 8:13pm On May 16, 2018
We pray so. But another critical question is do they have the funds to pay? Or will they still have to wait for the ministry of finance to release the funds?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by biggy4joe(m): 4:39pm On May 17, 2018
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Marvin10(m): 9:58am On May 18, 2018
If you go to their home page on facebook... The PTAD boss clearly stated in a video that 18-36months arrear will be paid to parastatals. The link below will link you to PTAD page on facebook where you will see the video

https://www.facebook.com/PTADNigeria/.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 2:51pm On May 18, 2018
@Marvin10, I think You are getting it wrong o. What the PTAD boss was saying in that video is relating to the 33% increments in pensions arrears and not the arrears to be paid ex nitel/mtel staff. If they pay You only 18 months out of about 84 months arrears you no go curse their father!!!. The thing is We should be expecting say about at least 60 months at the first instance plus the 33% arrears ontop.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by populardaniel: 11:10pm On May 21, 2018
pls am a next of kin who have undergone verification around February (nitel) but I have some questions
1. will nok be paid when payment begin?
2. what d different between pure federal and regular because I saw regular at others but mine was pure federal
3. what is the estimate amount I should be expecting from them( ptad) just in case.
4.will nok payment be same with living pensioners?
please an urgent response will be highly appreciated has my mother's hope lies entirely on this money...
best regards.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 9:54am On May 25, 2018
PTAD Nigeria
@PTADNigeria May 23
Replying to @FashinaYinka
Good morning. PTAD is working hard to ensure all pensioners who have been verified & meet all the necessary criteria receive their benefits. Please be patient while we compute your benefits.

yet they find it so so difficult to simply say expect ur pay from may ending or June ,owning to the fact that the money has been approved
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Mpower(m): 6:48pm On May 25, 2018
OVER DELAY!
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Millsz: 9:39am On Jun 04, 2018
Please, does anybody have any news regarding payment?? This is already June!!
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by deleo16(m): 8:39am On Jun 06, 2018
I just check @PTAD now noting was communicated base on payment I don't know what's is going on this is June and budget have been passed
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by sonya4all(m): 11:40am On Jun 06, 2018
Passed but not signed the president yet.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Apus: 9:51am On Jun 13, 2018
Budget to be signed today by Mr President.

Source: #ThisdayNewspaper
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2018
@PTAD are still compiling benefits to be paid. This was the latest news told to some former management staff that went to PTAD last week. Apparently, the NITEL/MTEL work and compilation is quite tedious to them because of the huge number involved; over 22,000 to be verified for authenticity before processing to pension payroll. I was thinking that PTAD should have engaged more staff even on adhoc basis to speed up the process. Thankfully, budget is to be signed by Buhari today so the excuses other than compilation delays would no longer be tenable.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by populardaniel: 1:41pm On Jun 18, 2018
what about NOK of Nitel who was verified, will they also be paid?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
brosiye99:
@PTAD are still compiling benefits to be paid. This was the latest news told to some former management staff that went to PTAD last week. Apparently, the NITEL/MTEL work and compilation is quite tedious to them because of the huge number involved; over 22,000 to be verified for authenticity before processing to pension payroll. I was thinking that PTAD should have engaged more staff even on adhoc basis to speed up the process. Thankfully, budget is to be signed by Buhari today so the excuses other than compilation delays would no longer be tenable.

Thanks for your efforts.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
It is taking too long. It is about four months since verification ended. The money is there, even if it is 50000, they ought to have finished computing what is due for every body. It is not rocket science; it is simple 1 plus 1 or 2 plus 2. Truth is we all know that the money is in billions of naira and they will want to get as much interest from the bank as possible. But i want to urge the PTAD people to consider the live, health and well being of these retirees. If they say they were waiting for the bugdet to be signed, then they have no excuse any more because the President has just signed it into law. They should put all selfishness aside and pay these senior citizens, who put almost all thier efforts in serving Nigeria.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2018
PTAD had in January said the payment will be in 4 -5 months time ,believing that president buhari would sign the 2018 appropriation bill that January. That didn't happen,now buhari,just signed the bill yesterday,will they come up again to tell people to wait for another 4 month for them to work out a job that could not have been done for 6 months....what's going to be their next excuse. Sharon had at one time said the money is with Em to pay,later contradicted herself by saying the money is in the 2018 budget. what are we to believe...
Am guessing if a panel is not set up by the pensioners to confront this PTAD personnel,this payment may not be achievable even by December this year.Why ,ask Em on their Twitter handle reason for the delay,all the response u will get is PTAd is working towards computarization of the verified pensioners. Question is ,computerization is meant to be done by inputed data or are they running an analogue system for this not to have been completed by now?
If they have been giving positive response ,pensioners would have been grateful to president Mohammed Bulgaria for signing the bill yesterday,but truth be told they don't even know their position on this yet
Anytime with a positive reaction or update respond.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2018
We just have to put our mind at rest,halita and co were at ptad office less than 3wks now and were told by madam Sharon that computation is complete.people attending southwest meeting in Ibadan are aware of this.she said it was not announced cos the budget isn't signed and further said what is left is for them to upload the payroll to the payment platform which is gifmis.she said people asking question on twitter etc weren't told anything cos of the development but as soon as the budget is signed work will resume
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2018
@Obynolucy: I agree with you that PTAD is not being truthful about the timeline and this may be for reasons beyond their control such as availability of cash backing from Ministry of Finance.

From sources, the compilation is completed but they have been told to keep saying they are doing computations of benefits so as to reduce pressure on them from pensioners but alas that story would be difficult for PTAD to defend by middle of July 2018.

The payments would surely come but i am beginning to feel it will get up to September before it will start. The question therefore is that will they pay from January - till the month they will begin paying or they just start by that month.

It is necessary for the pensioners to come together and put up more pressure on PTAD and Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Budget & Planning and even the presidency. It is not yet Uhuru.

Pointers to this has been from other Parastatal pensioners verified since September 2017 e.g New Nigerian Newspapers, Nigerian Re, Delta Steel, have not been paid till now. They were also told the same cover stories of 4-5 months before payment but nothing till now.

Make we dey look and see sha.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2018
The way I laugh at frustrated Nitel workers who were quick to sell their birth rights like Esau believing federal Government had no money to pay them 20yrs lump sum. My question now is, would you say the same thing as at now? But you've all got verified for monthly peanuts from ptad which is not even visible yet after five months of verification. I hope your lives are better now? Fight for what is rightly yours, you wouldn't. We say we have bad government but we have accepted to take whatever trash they toss at us and anyone who stands up for you becomes your enemy. Well, keep waiting for your peanuts as you get even more frustrated. Finally if we didn't turn up for the verification the way we did maybe by now we would have gotten greater audience from a Government that claims to be just and transparent. 20yrs is our right, we can't settle for less after these sufferings and delay else we inherite worse curse than Essau.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2018
This Michtz na funny person i swear. Who go dash u 20years. That was a defeated battle before starting. To each his own sha. Let the peanuts come monthly no matter the delays it will surely come. we prefer am like that. when your own monthly peanuts come, try not to spend it. just keep it in the bank to grow interest so your children go enjoy am.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 1:07pm On Jun 21, 2018
brosiye99:
@Obynolucy: I agree with you that PTAD is not being truthful about the timeline and this may be for reasons beyond their control such as availability of cash backing from Ministry of Finance.

From sources, the compilation is completed but they have been told to keep saying they are doing computations of benefits so as to reduce pressure on them from pensioners but alas that story would be difficult for PTAD to defend by middle of July 2018.

The payments would surely come but i am beginning to feel it will get up to September before it will start. The question therefore is that will they pay from January - till the month they will begin paying or they just start by that month.

It is necessary for the pensioners to come together and put up more pressure on PTAD and Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Budget & Planning and even the presidency. It is not yet Uhuru.

Pointers to this has been from other Parastatal pensioners verified since September 2017 e.g New Nigerian Newspapers, Nigerian Re, Delta Steel, have not been paid till now. They were also told the same cover stories of 4-5 months before payment but nothing till now.

Make we dey look and see sha.

Such parastatals were privatised thus it is not up to ptad to pay them any pension benefits but rather BPE who short changed all of them by paying 5yrs instead of 20yrs. Ptad is only meant to monitor such payments but madam Sharon is not being sincere and pensioners from such parastatals do not really know their rights. Cases have been worn on the same matter from industrial court. Ptad knows better that paying pensioners from such parastatals would only bring a calm for now but the dust would definitely be raised in future. I guess that's why they are being diplomatic with the payments because sources have it that the cash for the lump payment is ready and has been available even before the verification.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2018
brosiye99:
This Michtz na funny person i swear. Who go dash u 20years. That was a defeated battle before starting. To each his own sha. Let the peanuts come monthly no matter the delays it will surely come. we prefer am like that. when your own monthly peanuts come, try not to spend it. just keep it in the bank to grow interest so your children go enjoy am.
Who defeated the battle? Well that's why Nigeria has remained with its problem because people are quick to accept defeat. You've already accepted defeat. How do you expect to succeed in life with such mindset maybe you have children whom you don't care about their future. Same problem the entire country faces selfishness

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2018
FHA and NDA(civilian) verified sept 2017 have both been payrolled & paid,computation of NNN completed but hasn't been paid because of some legal issues which is being trashed out by Ptad with their union.of course,their arrears have not been paid especially FHA owed about 7months cos they were recieving pension up till October when it was stopped but they v been promised they will be paid when budget is signed. we should hope for the best cos some civil service pensioners I know that were wrongfully removed from payroll since 2014/15 have been payrolled and their pension arrears paid accordingly.I believe we should be paid next month but the arrears will have to wait a little cos it has been appropriated for but it is subject to release of money from office of accountant general quoting from the question a nitel official asked madam Sharon via her twitter handle and she said once the money is released the arrears will be paid.patient is the key cos even civil servants cannot be paid more than the end of may without the new budget cos the budget of last yr elapse may 30 this yr.the budget hold the key to our entitlement just like those that will be verified this yr e.g railway etc will wait till next yr after budget passage before being paid.FHA and NDA (700)were paid cos their monthly pension bill is not much comparable to nitel(22000),Nicon/nig re-insurance(1500+),DSC(4000).let's keep praying
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2018
My concern is how much some pensioners will receive as monthly pension cos when u look at some ministries the money is little
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 3:53pm On Jun 21, 2018
michtz:
The way I laugh at frustrated Nitel workers who were quick to sell their birth rights like Esau believing federal Government had no money to pay them 20yrs lump sum. My question now is, would you say the same thing as at now? But you've all got verified for monthly peanuts from ptad which is not even visible yet after five months of verification. I hope your lives are better now? Fight for what is rightly yours, you wouldn't. We say we have bad government but we have accepted to take whatever trash they toss at us and anyone who stands up for you becomes your enemy. Well, keep waiting for your peanuts as you get even more frustrated. Finally if we didn't turn up for the verification the way we did maybe by now we would have gotten greater audience from a Government that claims to be just and transparent. 20yrs is our right, we can't settle for less after these sufferings and delay else we inherite worse curse than Essau.
nobody will pay us 20 yrs and that's the bitter truth.Nigerian airways workerswho were supposed to be paid over 70 bil had their money slashed to 43bil and a month ago adeosun denied the money been approved by FEC when the memo showed otherwise except fg will pay them tomorrow cos they feel the money is much.all the best
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
is there anyone in the house with information regarding the parastatals that's been paid already after verification ,if they were paid the arrears of past yrs or just started paying Emily on monthly basis. Cos the impression giving to Nitel pensioners,prior to verification was that they will be paid arrears of past years,while the living will be placed on monthly pension for life.
with this I really do believe that lump some of yrs ,at least 36 months,,,,,,,will be paid while stories will be told for the remaining months,so that they can now make their own profit with people's money before paying them ,after years of another protext
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2018
is there anyone in the house with information regarding the parastatals that's been paid already after verification ,if they were paid the arrears of past yrs or just started paying Emily on monthly basis. Cos the impression giving to Nitel pensioners,prior to verification was that they will be paid arrears of past years,while the living will be placed on monthly pension for life.
with this I really do believe that lump some of yrs ,at least 36 months,,,,,,,will be paid while stories will be told for the remaining months,so that they can now make their own profit with people's money before paying them ,after years of another protextf
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by populardaniel: 11:08pm On Jun 22, 2018
pls am a next of kin who have undergone verification around February (nitel) at abuja and was given an acknoledgement a4 paper but I have some questions
1. will nok be paid when payment begin?
2. what d different between pure federal and regular because I saw regular at others but mine was pure federal
3. what is the estimate amount I should be expecting from them( ptad) just in case.
4.will nok payment be same with living pensioners?
please an urgent response will be highly appreciated has my mother's hope lies entirely on this money...
best regards.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 5:19pm On Jun 25, 2018
@populardaniel: I suggest you just be patient and wait to see what you would be paid. I believe as a NOK, you would be paid when the payments start. I guess your dad must have been owed some pension arrears before he died and is eligible to be paid. i think that is what may be paid to you. Keep your fingers crossed.Cheers
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by populardaniel: 9:19pm On Jun 25, 2018
@ brosiye99: thank you sir for the response, it has really created some relief. May God answer the cry of Nitel workers....
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 7:10am On Jun 26, 2018
is anyone with information from Ptad as regards how soon they payment would start as they seem to have gone completely mute on the matter

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (35) (Reply)

Nigerian Breweries Calling / Career Websites Of The 25 Banks In Nigeria / Anheuser-Busch InBev Global Management Trainee (GMT) Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.