Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Nitel Pensioners Should Come In - Jobs/Vacancies (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nitel Pensioners Should Come In (160038 Views)

Privatisation: NITEL, MTEL To Employ 10,000 Nigerians – NATCOM / Netcom- Successor To NITEL Is Recruiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by populardaniel: 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2018
PRESS RELEASE: PTAD Commences computation of 19,561 Verified Pensioners of Some Defunct & Privatised Agencies. Thread...

1/ Following the successful verification exercise carried out in Q4 of 2017 and Q1 of 2018 by the Parastatals Pension Department (PaPD) for pensioners of some defunct & privatised agencies, PTAD has continued the computation of pension benefits and related entitlements due...
to regular pensioners & NOKs to qualified deceased pensioners respectively. 2/ So far, the Directorate has completed the computation & enrollment of pensioners of Fed Housing Authority (FHA) & Nigerian Defence Academy – Civilians onto monthly pension payroll since April 2018.
Presently, the computation of the pension benefits of the pensioners of the remaining Agencies are on-going, and below is the applicable completion timelines: Agency No of Files Computation Completion Date Nigeria Re 371 28th June 2018
Agency No of Files Computation Completion Date DSC 4,261 3rd July 2018 NICON 1,211 4th July 2018 NITEL 13,718 7th August 2018 TOTAL 19,561 Signed Management
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2018
populardaniel:
PRESS RELEASE: PTAD Commences
computation of 19,561 Verified Pensioners of
Some Defunct & Privatised Agencies. Thread...

1/ Following the successful verification
exercise carried out in Q4 of 2017 and Q1 of
2018 by the Parastatals Pension Department
(PaPD) for pensioners of some defunct &
privatised agencies, PTAD has continued the
computation of pension benefits and related
entitlements due...

to regular pensioners & NOKs to qualified
deceased pensioners respectively. 2/ So far,
the Directorate has completed the
computation & enrollment of pensioners of
Fed Housing Authority (FHA) & Nigerian
Defence Academy – Civilians onto monthly
pension payroll since April 2018.

Presently, the computation of the pension
benefits of the pensioners of the remaining
Agencies are on-going, and below is the
applicable completion timelines: Agency No
of Files Computation Completion Date
Nigeria Re 371 28th June 2018

Agency No of Files Computation Completion
Date DSC 4,261 3rd July 2018 NICON 1,211
4th July 2018 NITEL 13,718 7th August
2018 TOTAL 19,561 Signed Management
its unfortunate,some nitel staff has been disqualified.I knew since (22000---13718)
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by populardaniel: 11:13pm On Jun 26, 2018
it quit unfortunate that Nitel pensioners are taken for granted. the ES of PTAD categorically said payments will be made after 4-5 month. now its now august before computation can be completed, then payment will be when?
I think the only solution and only language Nigeria understand is mass protest to their office... that's the only way to get the attention of the president because its becoming alarming. people are dying everyday and this PTSD does not seem to care...
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 9:38am On Jun 27, 2018
populardaniel:
it quit unfortunate that Nitel pensioners are taken for granted. the ES of PTAD categorically said payments will be made after 4-5 month. now its now august before computation can be completed, then payment will be when?
I think the only solution and only language Nigeria understand is mass protest to their office... that's the only way to get the attention of the president because its becoming alarming. people are dying everyday and this PTSD does not seem to care...
I can tell u categorically that a union member I phoned yesterday and told August ,7 was surprised.he said she categorically told them the computation was done with for 3wks now.I smell a rat
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by 0taPiaPia(m): 5:05pm On Jun 27, 2018
segzy3:
I can tell u categorically that a union member I phoned yesterday and told August ,7 was surprised.he said she categorically told them the computation was done with for 3wks now.I smell a rat

It is quite a pity and a disaster ,!
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Mpower(m): 8:58pm On Jun 27, 2018
OVER DELAY!!
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2018
PTAD screened out over 8000 ineligible staff.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Babagy823: 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2018
brosiye99:
what will make someone ineligible?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 5:08pm On Jun 28, 2018
brosiye99:
8000 were not screened out.but I think they were handled differently particularly disengaged. After computation, the truth will be revealed. I think its connected to the delay in completion
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by tobore09: 7:49am On Jun 30, 2018
@ brosiye where did you get your info from??
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 8:18am On Jun 30, 2018
its just simple arithmetic.

Ptad said they received about 22000 applications for pension verification. they cut t down to a little over 13000. that's how I got the figure of 8000 difference. this shows not everyone verified was deemed to be eligible. don't ask me on the criteria used sha. I don't know.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 8:50am On Jun 30, 2018
I think the cutdown is based on those who didint spend upto 10 years in service before the final disengagement in 2006!
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 11:09am On Jul 02, 2018
Confusion everywhere. I warned you guys of Ptad but we wouldn't listen. Nigerians and dormancy
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 3:01pm On Jul 02, 2018
Thank you for warning us sir. Leave us like that.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 9:23am On Jul 04, 2018
michtz:
Confusion everywhere. I warned you guys of Ptad but we wouldn't listen. Nigerians and dormancy

I pray ur name don't fall amongst the removed,so u could after that TRY n give the money to one of the people whose names were removed while they fight for their right..
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 5:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
Confused people! What's the aim of verification? Wasn't 22k eligible nitel pensioners verified? If they weren't qualified would they be verified in the first place, I felt that was the aim of the verification. How come after such names must have been successfully verified ptad is now saying they're going with 13k? Can't u see even Ptad don't know what they are doing. Isn't it glaring yet? Let's still wait till August its just by the corner.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by ShafebProperty(m): 9:21pm On Jul 04, 2018
michtz:
Confused people! What's the aim of verification? Wasn't 22k eligible nitel pensioners verified? If they weren't qualified would they be verified in the first place, I felt that was the aim of the verification. How come after such names must have been successfully verified ptad is now saying they're going with 13k? Can't u see even Ptad don't know what they are doing. Isn't it glaring yet? Let's still wait till August its just by the corner.
Bitter truth
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 1:51pm On Jul 05, 2018
The reason why so many came for verification was because the PTAD didn’t want to cause more controversy as the run up to the verification was coming up then.

It was clearly stated that if you haven’t served up to 10 years as at 2006 disengagement, you are not entitled to pension under the Defined Benefits Scheme. I noticed some people I know came for verification with just 5-6 years in service and expecting to be paid pension. How possible?

In order not to cause tension, there were allowed to be verified but PTAD already knew those people are ineligible. A staff of PTAD that was involved in the verification process in Abuja even said some people came with less than 5 years in service. Instead of turning them back, they were just verified. This may have accounted for the long delay it took to go through 22,000 documents to screen ineligible people out. The staff also said even if it’s clear you were ineligible, they would still have to do further checks on your documents supplied to see if you had worked in maybe state civil service before transferring to Nitel. This due diligence is time consuming.

Also some people with less than 10 years in 2006 continued working with Nitel/Mtel under Transcorp from 2006 and hence they now had their pension contributed to their PFA’s under the new contributory pension scheme. Many of these staff were paid disengagement money in 2006 and continued with transcorp. In 2013/14, they were also disengaged when NITEL/MTEL was finally liquidated and paid another disengagement money. Note that they also now had started contributory pension scheme under their Pension fund administrators. These sets of people have some income in their PFA though very small because of the short time of contribution from 2006.

How do you now expect such categories of staff to also now lay claim to pension benefits from PTAD which is administering the Defined Benefit Scheme (DBS). However, for some categories of staff such as the last MD/CEO Hajiya Zainab Sa’ab, who was eligible for pension under the DBS as at 2006 having spent over 20 years at 2006, she would be paid under PTAD DBS even though she had transited to the contributory pension scheme. This is an example that should help clear these misunderstandings.
I don write tooo much. Make I rest jare. Cheers to everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 1:19am On Jul 06, 2018
brosiye99:
The reason why so many came for verification was because the PTAD didn’t want to cause more controversy as the run up to the verification was coming up then.

It was clearly stated that if you haven’t served up to 10 years as at 2006 disengagement, you are not entitled to pension under the Defined Benefits Scheme. I noticed some people I know came for verification with just 5-6 years in service and expecting to be paid pension. How possible?

In order not to cause tension, there were allowed to be verified but PTAD already knew those people are ineligible. A staff of PTAD that was involved in the verification process in Abuja even said some people came with less than 5 years in service. Instead of turning them back, they were just verified. This may have accounted for the long delay it took to go through 22,000 documents to screen ineligible people out. The staff also said even if it’s clear you were ineligible, they would still have to do further checks on your documents supplied to see if you had worked in maybe state civil service before transferring to Nitel. This due diligence is time consuming.

Also some people with less than 10 years in 2006 continued working with Nitel/Mtel under Transcorp from 2006 and hence they now had their pension contributed to their PFA’s under the new contributory pension scheme. Many of these staff were paid disengagement money in 2006 and continued with transcorp. In 2013/14, they were also disengaged when NITEL/MTEL was finally liquidated and paid another disengagement money. Note that they also now had started contributory pension scheme under their Pension fund administrators. These sets of people have some income in their PFA though very small because of the short time of contribution from 2006.

How do you now expect such categories of staff to also now lay claim to pension benefits from PTAD which is administering the Defined Benefit Scheme (DBS). However, for some categories of staff such as the last MD/CEO Hajiya Zainab Sa’ab, who was eligible for pension under the DBS as at 2006 having spent over 20 years at 2006, she would be paid under PTAD DBS even though she had transited to the contributory pension scheme. This is an example that should help clear these misunderstandings.
I don write tooo much. Make I rest jare. Cheers to everyone.
Sorry it was rather observed in various units that ineligible pensioners were turned down. I don't know where your getting this info from.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 10:38am On Jul 06, 2018
Some of the ex staff that went to their office recently have been told they will be moved to pencom esp the disengaged.I don't know whether hajia zainab will be affected.this was partly responsible for delay in the completion of the computation
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by HisMajesty1(m): 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2018
segzy3:
Some of the ex staff that went to their office recently have been told they will be moved to pencom esp the disengaged.I don't know whether hajia zainab will be affected.this was partly responsible for delay in the completion of the computation
segzy3:
Do you mean, all disengaged staffs will be moved to pencom or those you didn't stay up to 10 years. Please kindly clear my doubt.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 2:55pm On Jul 06, 2018
HisMajesty1:

Do you mean, all disengaged staffs will be moved to pencom or those you didn't stay up to 10 years. Please kindly clear my doubt.
I was forced to ask one of the officers that went to Ptad the reason why the completion is now Aug 7 contrary to what had earlier been said but he said do I realize the no has been slashed to 13k+ and i said yes.he said some disengaged staff have been moved to pencom.he did not really specify.and I wasnt really bordered cos I retired 2004
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by HisMajesty1(m): 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2018
segzy3:
I was forced to ask one of the officers that went to Ptad the reason why the completion is now Aug 7 contrary to what had earlier been said but he said do I realize the no has been slashed to 13k+ and i said yes.he said some disengaged staff have been moved to pencom.he did not really specify.and I wasnt really bordered cos I retired 2004
Thanks a lot sir, but this had better not be true. Pencom is not a better option at all.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 4:50pm On Jul 06, 2018
At this point everyone has to relax till August. we don't have a choice anymore, a lot of lies in the air. most of the info even on this tread are propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2018
I only wish we took necessary actions when we had the chance.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by daemeyer(m): 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2018
hello my dad got this message from NLPC PFA
" In line with PENCOM's guidelines,your fund will be moved to NLPCPFA RSA FUND III,based on your age(50yrs&above) effective 2/7/18.Visit www.nlpcpfa.com for info"
anyone know what it means?!
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2018
michtz:

Sorry it was rather observed in various units that ineligible pensioners were turned down. I don't know where your getting this info from.

No. Not all were turned down.
On the first day of verification at the Ketu centre, a confusion cropped up.
PTAD staff told the category of staff disengaged in 2014/2015 that they were not in the agency's records for verification since they are being handled by PENCOM.
The argument was that these staff have been paid for disengagement twice hence were no longer qualified for pensions under the DBS for which PTAD was set up.
They are also on monthly pension from PENCOM.
But those concerned wanted to create a scene and in order to avoid chaos, the officials agreed to verify them while some went back home to pick their 2006 letter of disengagement.
However, these categories of staff had all their details with PENCOM. It was the sorting of these details that delayed computation.

2 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2018
The key question now is will there be any arrears paid or the pension will start from the month of addition to pension payroll? I ask because it will be tough if no arrears are paid since most people are in serious debt here and there. Let's watch and see what will be paid to Delta Steel since they will be paid confirmed by August. That would be an indication of what to expect in terms of arrears.
I pray arrears are paid even if from beginning of this year till date.
I greet everyone.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2018
[quote author=brosiye99 post=69313600]The key question now is will there be any arrears paid or the pension will start from the month of addition to pension payroll? I ask because it will be tough if no arrears are paid since most people are in serious debt here and there. Let's watch and see what will be paid to Delta Steel since they will be paid confirmed by August. That would be an indication of what to expect in terms of arrears.
I pray arrears are paid even if from beginning of this year till date.
I greet everyone.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
@brosiye this your talk no follow at all. Please you shouldn't even start talking about no pension arrears. What happens to all the arrears from 2011 till date (assuming the 5 years paid by BPE covered from 2006 to 2011)?. Every disengaged staff is expecting these arrears to be paid. Who are they leaving the money for. In fact I blame the so called NITEL representatives for all these confusion everywhere. They aren't carrying their colleagues along. At least PTAD most have negotiated and informed them of what their (PTAD) plans are, how they intend to carry these plans out and for how long. If they didn't, then I don't see what they were always meeting the PTAD people for, except they were there for their own selfish reasons. But August is by the corner, we will wait and see. These senior citizens have worked for this country, some for 36 years! They have paid their dues and are not begging for the money. So the issues of not paying them their arrears should not even come up. Don't even start. Let's assume it was an error from you. I have followed trends on this group for long and I always appreciate your inputs. Let's be hope full cheers.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2018
@theowane: it's a question and observation I was trying to confirm. i also dont know how it will be handled and I am not saying that is what will happen. There has been little information on how the arrears will be handled hence my confusion and speculation.

earlier on this thread, someone said PTAD said they will pay the arrears little by little till it is completed. I feel this is because the amount from 2012 till date is said to be quite huge.

I pray they pay all or a substantially large part of the arrears when the payment starts. that will be the sweetest compensation for

these years of suffering.

as I said, let's see what will be paid DSC because they are also being owed arrears from their privatisation. that will give us an indication of what to expect.

please anyone close to the nitel staff that were liaising with PTAD should help confirm.

thanks.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 4:13am On Jul 13, 2018
Monthly pension before arrears

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (35) (Reply)

Nigerian Breweries Calling / Career Websites Of The 25 Banks In Nigeria / Anheuser-Busch InBev Global Management Trainee (GMT) Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.