Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Nitel Pensioners Should Come In - Jobs/Vacancies (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nitel Pensioners Should Come In (159898 Views)

Privatisation: NITEL, MTEL To Employ 10,000 Nigerians – NATCOM / Netcom- Successor To NITEL Is Recruiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 9:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
arewaa
You guys are really good. I mean very good. I know someone will search for and come up with what is in there for us
Nitel/Mtel pensioners. I have just received my monthly pension this last June ending 2019. It added 5 more years to my life.
The anticipated Arrears may and I hope will add more years to our existence on this mother earth. My prayers are that Pensioners
should collect this Arrears to fulfill some pressing financial obligations.

2 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by IbukunSangotola(m): 8:05am On Aug 09, 2019
No July pension??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Alvy123: 7:50am On Aug 10, 2019
It is said that pension arrears has been paid to 187 parastatals

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Oyinlade07(m): 9:20pm On Aug 10, 2019
what's wrong with July 2019 Pension for NITEL/MTEL workersAny useful info
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 9:08am On Aug 14, 2019
It seems the delay in pension payments for Nitel is because of lack of funds. The outstanding 33% arrears paid to 187 agencies from July/August affected Nitel monthly payment. The FG is in serious financial crisis. Most of it's revenue is used to pay salaries and pensions.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by easytos(m): 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2019
Wow

brosiye99:
It seems the delay in pension payments for Nitel is because of lack of funds. The outstanding 33% arrears paid to 187 agencies from July/August affected Nitel monthly payment. The FG is in serious financial crisis. Most of it's revenue is used to pay salaries and pensions.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by IbukunSangotola(m): 5:08pm On Aug 14, 2019
Na wa oo
Why is it only Nitel??
E get as e be for this country o
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by deleo16(m): 8:51am On Aug 15, 2019
brosiye99:
this is serious
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Mpower(m): 5:18am On Aug 26, 2019
IbukunSangotola:
Na wa oo
Why is it only Nitel??
E get as e be for this country o

Because they see the Nitel people as mumu and probably beggers who do not have the courage to fight for what is rightfully theirs. Let the mumu'z keep mumu looking on till all that is truely theirs is been stolen away for life. And beware of spyz and false prophets. Because I doubt if everyone here truly stand for same cause. May God deliver us from every evil. Amen!
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 8:25am On Aug 26, 2019
The funds for Nitel,Mtel pensions may be in flight/transit.
They are so brazen now such that there is nothing they cannot practice.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 11:18am On Aug 26, 2019
What i would say is that the Office of Accountant General is the most corrupt agency in Nigeria. This diversion of funds came from there. If Buhari is ready to fight corruption, he should start from there. Those people are brazenly evil and corrupt. They don't give a damn about the way they divert funds for their own interests. Maybe the saving grace for us is that the Finance Minister is back to her position and she would try to protect our interests. We hope and pray so.

If she was not appointed back, then I would have said we should all not expect regular pension payments. The talk from what I gathered from my sources is OAGF is complaining that the Nitel/Mtel monthly pension Bill is too high for one single agency compared to other agencies and pure civil service pensioners. They may try to direct PTAD to effect a downward review of the pension rates for Nitel.

You would see that in the real sense, the FG is in a fiscally bad position. Most of FG's income is used to pay salaries and pensions and is still barely enough.

Also observe that many agencies previously not on pension payroll are being added by PTAD. This means more money to be spent on pensions.

My hope is that they pay the arrears so that everyone can go and sort themselves.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by deleo16(m): 9:09am On Aug 28, 2019
shocked

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Jokerman(m): 8:12am On Aug 30, 2019
Please I have a question

My dad died December last year, and his monthly pension have been entering

Before he died though, he gave me all his papers and ATM card for the account he used for the pension payment

Now this bulk payment, so I need to re- verify to receive his arrears, or no need since we are already receiving the monthly pension, and the bulk payment will be paid into his account?

Thanks
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by macromyk: 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2019
Jokerman:
Please I have a question

My dad died December last year, and his monthly pension have been entering

Before he died though, he gave me all his papers and ATM card for the account he used for the pension payment

Now this bulk payment, so I need to re- verify to receive his arrears, or no need since we are already receiving the monthly pension, and the bulk payment will be paid into his account?

Thanks

Sorry about your loss, May God strengthen your family and give you all the strength to move on and be great in life

The arears have not been paid, and I believe it would be paid into your dad's acciunt whenever they decide to pay

Lastly I would advise you keep the death of your dad away from pension related matters, ptad would stop paying any deceased pensioner if they find out about it

All the best
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by hooohaaa: 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2019
Lastly I would advise you keep the death of your dad away from pension related matters, ptad would stop paying any deceased pensioner if they find out about it

All the best

The advice you gave is not an honest one. The monthly pension was for your Dad. NOT FOR YOU. So the right thing to do is report to PTAD about your Dad's death. They will stop the monthly pension but you will still get the arrears, as the next of kin, since it accrued while he was alive.

This world is just a transit point. Always think of the hereafter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by IbukunSangotola(m): 7:33pm On Aug 30, 2019
No July pension?
No August pension too??
O ga o
E don red o
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Inhousepst(m): 8:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
I am sure you know that former Executive secretary Mrs Sharon Ikeazor has been given a minister of state in the ministry of environment. The new E/S for ptad is one Dr.Chioma Nnenna. She was in Owerri last week with the former E/S supervising the ongoing federal parastatal pensioners verification in Imo state. Why she has not given the go ahead to pay the accumulated pension is what I don't understand.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by deleo16(m): 8:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
IbukunSangotola:
No July pension?
No August pension too??
O ga o
E don red o
the stuff is ready crazy may be it's imperative to head to their Twitter page to trend the issue at @PTADnigeria
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by macromyk: 12:40am On Sep 03, 2019
hooohaaa:

The advice you gave is not an honest one. The monthly pension was for your Dad. NOT FOR YOU. So the right thing to do is report to PTAD about your Dad's death. They will stop the monthly pension but you will still get the arrears, as the next of kin, since it accrued while he was alive.

This world is just a transit point. Always think of the hereafter.

ok then!
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by IbukunSangotola(m): 11:07am On Sep 03, 2019
Oloun saanu
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by boundlezz(m): 11:16pm On Sep 03, 2019
Some folks in kaduna received payment for July today.

2 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by easytos(m): 11:57am On Sep 04, 2019
boundlezz:
Some folks in kaduna received payment for July today.

Thank God

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2019
BREAKING: The new ES of PTAD just confirmed on her personal twitter handle that the department has recieved funds from the FG for August pensions for ex nitel/mtel staff. She said it will begin to drop today (11/09/19).

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 11:43pm On Sep 12, 2019
Nobody is any more talking about the 12 months 33% arrears that was supposed to've been paid in July. Only Nitel, Mtel has not been paid this part-arrears.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 8:12am On Sep 13, 2019
A PTAD staff informed that Nitel/Mtel is not eligible for the 33% pension increment arrears as it is for the pure civil service pensioners. Also, all variations had already been captured in computing our pension that we receive now.

So what we should be asking is our arrears for the past years
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:44pm On Sep 13, 2019
brosiye99:
A PTAD staff informed that Nitel/Mtel is not eligible for the 33% pension increment arrears as it is for the pure civil service pensioners. Also, all variations had already been captured in computing our pension that we receive now.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 6:04pm On Sep 13, 2019
brosiye99:

But has anyone received the August pension, pls confirm. Plus @brosiye, any update on the arrears payment? Any hope at the end of the tunnel?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 6:06pm On Sep 13, 2019
brosiye99:

But has anyone received the August pension, pls confirm. Plus @brosiye, any update on the arrears payment? Any hope at the end of the tunnel? We expect that since Minister Zainab don come back, she suppose done do something. Now they are already talking about 2020 budget. I was able to see another N500 billion plus for next years pensions, yet, this years arrears for us is not yet paid!
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2019
Yes, august pension has dropped. It started coming in two days ago. As for arrears, that one na million dollar question. It all depends on whenever government releases funds for it. I believe a part of it may have been captured in 2019 budget but as you know, budgeting in Nigeria is a very opaque process.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2019
brosiye99:

But i recollected that 33% was one of the benchmarks used to calculate our current monthly pensions Wef last October ? If we were not qualified, why were we considered. Again, 12 months of the outstanding arrears of the 33% increase was said to've been paid to all parastatals except Nitel, Mtel last July ?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2019
BlakKluKluxKlan:

But i recollected that 33% was one of the benchmarks used to calculate our current monthly pensions Wef last October ? If we were not qualified, why were we considered. Again, 12 months of the outstanding arrears of the 33% increase was said to've been paid to all parastatals except Nitel, Mtel last July ?
your explanation/question not too clear sir. Please can you resend it?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2019
theowane:
your explanation/question not too clear sir. Please can you resend it?

Last July, there was a newspaper publication about PTAD paying 12 months arrears of the 33% increase to parastatals. We therefore thought that Nitel,Mtel would be covered only to have the July MP unpaid. We do not know yet whether we shall be paid the part-arrears or not.
Our current MP includes the 33% increase with effect from last October.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

Nigerian Breweries Calling / Anheuser-Busch InBev Global Management Trainee (GMT) Program / Career Websites Of The 25 Banks In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.