Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Nitel Pensioners Should Come In - Jobs/Vacancies (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nitel Pensioners Should Come In (160052 Views)

Privatisation: NITEL, MTEL To Employ 10,000 Nigerians – NATCOM / Netcom- Successor To NITEL Is Recruiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 8:23pm On May 08, 2020
arewaa ,
It has just been confirmed that the issue we had that caused the delay had bee resolved .This is from our Rep.Ntel/mtel. Payments are to be expected on or before end next week.Latest as at date.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 7:33pm On May 11, 2020
arewaa .Does anyone in house has any other news ?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 8:04pm On Jun 03, 2020
Retirees and pensioners of the NITEL/MTEL has decried the alleged refusal/delay of the Federal Mortgage Bank in Abuja to give them their housing loans which they said was deducted from their salaries while actively working as staff of the company.

In a statement signed and made available to THISDAY on behalf of the pensioners by former Senior Officer 1 (Technologist) of NITEL, Mr. Samuel Urubusi, who is also a retired staff, the retirees expressed anger over non-payment of housing funds as well as their pension arrears.

He stated that about 3,000 out of 11,000 retirees of NITEL/MTEL got their housing funds, while others are still waiting for theirs; querying why some retirees got their refunds, and others are yet to get theirs.

He added that PTAD is yet to release the 83 months' pension arrears to NITEL/MTEL retirees despite it being captured in the 2020 budget, while other companies like NICON Insurance, Nigerian airways among others have been paid since 2019.

"We are, therefore, appealing for the urgent intervention of the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed, who is also a former NITEL staff and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in this matter in order to save the lives of pensioners and their families due to the non-payment of housing funds accrued pension arrears and delay in payment of our monthly pension," the statement said.

By Sunday Okobi of Thisday newspapers (27/0520)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Mpower(m): 11:43am On Jun 05, 2020
theowane:
The statement from the so called ATEN is very laughable. I'm surprised they still have the guts. They look desperate. Like @brosiye has said, only and only @ptad have the mandate to pay any monies to all ex mitel/mtel staff. Please no one should be deceived, the issue of 20 buy out has died (with the introduction of monthly pensions), except ATEN are trying to say all the pensions received since 2018 will be returned. We have gone past that one now. What we are concerned about now is how the FG will fund @ptad to pay the accumulated arrears btw 2012 to when pensions started. Please and please, lets be guided.

The money doesn't have to be returned. What they will do is to calculate the amount of pension money already paid, deduct it from the 20yrs buyout and settle the balance to each staff. 20yrs buyout is still very very much possible. Because Nepa & Nigerian Airways got theirs. So Nitel should equally get. It's very simple and straight forward! Aluta continua...

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obonujoker(m): 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
Please how do I apply for next of kin?

I lost my Dad 2018, although he had been receiving monthly pension up till today, but someone said it's better I apply for next of kin benefits... Or do I wait, if they are going to pay his arrears before doing next of kin??

Also what are the documents required??

Thsnks

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Neyoung40(m): 8:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
Any latest news or hope on the payment of MTEL/NITEL pension arrears?
Like this thing is taking forever before it could fixed!
So sad! cry
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by pusapou(m): 11:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
Hello house I understand that 14billion was proposed for federal pension arrears.this should Just be enough for 1 year arrears. 14billion /842monthly payment. Hope u get it
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by pusapou(m): 11:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
theowane:
Retirees and pensioners of the NITEL/MTEL has decried the alleged refusal/delay of the Federal Mortgage Bank in Abuja to give them their housing loans which they said was deducted from their salaries while actively working as staff of the company.

In a statement signed and made available to THISDAY on behalf of the pensioners by former Senior Officer 1 (Technologist) of NITEL, Mr. Samuel Urubusi, who is also a retired staff, the retirees expressed anger over non-payment of housing funds as well as their pension arrears.

He stated that about 3,000 out of 11,000 retirees of NITEL/MTEL got their housing funds, while others are still waiting for theirs; querying why some retirees got their refunds, and others are yet to get theirs.

He added that PTAD is yet to release the 83 months' pension arrears to NITEL/MTEL retirees despite it being captured in the 2020 budget, while other companies like NICON Insurance, Nigerian airways among others have been paid since 2019.

"We are, therefore, appealing for the urgent intervention of the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed, who is also a former NITEL staff and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in this matter in order to save the lives of pensioners and their families due to the non-payment of housing funds accrued pension arrears and delay in payment of our monthly pension," the statement said.

By Sunday Okobi of Thisday newspapers (27/0520)
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by pusapou(m): 11:10am On Sep 16, 2020
Any news?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:51am On Nov 07, 2020
pusapou:
Any news?

Check your account
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by pusapou(m): 9:56pm On Nov 22, 2020
Millsz:
Just left ptad office in Lagos. unfortunately, they didn't short pay any NOK. they calculated from Oct 2011 till when the retiree died!! I went there to complain and they clarified me
Noted
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by pusapou(m): 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2020
Daewoods:

My dad died Nov 2011, meaning they just paid a month, Jesus, that's too bad, guess that's why they refuse to pay 20yrs so that ppl can be short paid and they save themselves money
Really?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by pusapou(m): 10:10pm On Nov 22, 2020
Millsz:
I met a young man who had to borrow money to do letter of administration. He didn't receive a dime cos he lost his dad in 2010!! I couldn't even compl ain!!
That's sad!
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by 0taPiaPia(m): 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2020
lipsrsealed :-
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 3:39pm On Mar 11, 2021
arewaa Does anyone had an idea of when we should expect our remaining areas. Most of our fellow pensioners are dying off . Reason been no adequate fund to go for substantial medical treatment.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2022
Hello house, been a while. Anybody home!!!!!!
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by fatjo(m): 10:21am On Jun 26, 2023
Elders I greet you. Please any update on the remaining arrears. Learnt it was supposed to drop before May 29 as promised by the former minister of finance.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Apus: 11:25am On Jun 26, 2023
fatjo:
Elders I greet you. Please any update on the remaining arrears. Learnt it was supposed to drop before May 29 as promised by the former minister of finance.

According to ES PTAD, no allocation for that now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

Nigerian Breweries Calling / Career Websites Of The 25 Banks In Nigeria / Anheuser-Busch InBev Global Management Trainee (GMT) Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.