Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay (1314 Views)

Presidency Issues Statement On Nlc’s Nationwide Strike (full Text) / Presidency Issues Statement On Nlc's Nationwide Strike / Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay by Titilayodeji13(m): 5:46am On Sep 16, 2015
Labour leaders and workers are excited over a
presidential directive that all arrears of salaries
and allowances must be paid.
The Presidency on Monday directed Ministries,
Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to compile
the names of all public service employees who
are being owed arrears of salaries and
allowances within seven days so that they can
be paid without further delay.
The September 14 circular came from the
Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the
Federation (OHCSF). It immediately sent
members of the Association of Senior Civil
Servants of Nigeria (ASCSN) jumping for joy.
The names of those being owed are to be
compiled within seven days for them to be
paid “immediately”.
ASCSN Secretary-General Comrade Alade
Bashir Lawal, who broke the news in a
statement released in Abuja yesterday, praised
President Muhammadu Buhari for bringing
hope to thousands of public service employees
who are being owed arrears of salaries and
allowances for years.
The Presidency identified the outstanding
benefits as: salary arrears, promotion arrears,
1st 28 days allowance on transfer from post,
repatriation allowance, burial expenses, death
benefits and mandatory training of OHCSF in
The Presidency directed the MDAs to ensure
that each unpaid entitlement is accurate,
verifiable, with the name, designation, status
(serving or retired) and amount due to each
officer.
“The correct information should reach the
Office of the Head of Civil Service of the
Federation on or before Monday September
21, 2015,” the circular stressed.
Lawal recalled that in letters written to the
President since his election and assumption of
office, the union reminded him of the
outstanding salaries and allowances and
stressed the need for the government to pay
up to boost the morale not only of the affected
officers but also that of other teeming public
service employees.
He expressed confidence that as soon as the
lists are submitted to the Presidency, the
lingering arrears of salaries and allowances
would be paid “so as to put the ugly situation
behind and move forward”.
The union warned of dire consequences, which
may include trade union actions, if the MDAs
played politics with the Presidential directive.
http://thenationonlineng.net/presidency-issues-7-day-deadline-on-workers-pay/

1 Like

Re: Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay by IamAtribalist: 5:47am On Sep 16, 2015
cool
Re: Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay by Gombs(m): 5:48am On Sep 16, 2015
I hope Aregbesola is reading this?...

... Sadly, Osun State is in the hands of God! Lord Bubu was referring to FG workers. sad
Re: Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay by mysteriousman(m): 5:51am On Sep 16, 2015
Ok
Re: Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay by Aufbauh(m): 5:55am On Sep 16, 2015
Good product does not need much advertisement.
We saw a disciplinarian, an administrator par excellence, a no nonsense rtd General that is not tired, a man of integrity with clear agenda as a presidential aspirant and we voted him. So far sir, unbehalf of those who voted you and the wailers we are reasonably satisfied with your steps taken so far.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay by Baawaa(m): 5:58am On Sep 16, 2015
CHANGE has come!
Re: Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay by menix(m): 6:08am On Sep 16, 2015
Baawaa:
CHANGE has come!

Pls can I get 50 naira change frm u?
Re: Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay by azimibraun: 6:11am On Sep 16, 2015
I still can't understand why that Man in Osun has just the civil service as his only wahala. He looks like a thug and most disappointing is the fact that Osun people have resolved to be very comfortable with their Rural state.
Re: Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay by ademega(m): 6:18am On Sep 16, 2015
he should extend the directives to States too naw
Re: Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay by orobs93(m): 6:19am On Sep 16, 2015
Make una pay dem their money
Re: Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay by modath(f): 6:30am On Sep 16, 2015
Gombs:
I hope Aregbesola is reading this?...

... Sadly, Osun State is in the hands of God! Lord Bubu was referring to FG workers. sad

I'm a PMB stan but i love this name, especially don Bubu, cheesy .... as for Osun state, Aregbese said he will pay before sallah, we are waiting & watching.
Re: Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay by Gombs(m): 6:32am On Sep 16, 2015
modath:

I'm a PMB stan but i love this name, especially don Bubu, cheesy .... as for Osun state, Aregbese said he will pay before sallah, we are waiting & watching.

OK na... Shey he asked them to present their FSLC first? angry grin
Re: Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay by 234mart(m): 6:36am On Sep 16, 2015
Gov Ajimobi...
Re: Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay by Baawaa(m): 8:52am On Sep 16, 2015
menix:

Pls can I get 50 naira change frm u?
What you need is not 50naira CHANGE, but your life need a CHANGE by fire grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay by menix(m): 9:03am On Sep 16, 2015
Baawaa:

What you need is not 50naira CHANGE, but your life need a CHANGE by fire grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It's so certain u guyz sell FIRE WOOD...
Re: Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay by Baawaa(m): 9:11am On Sep 16, 2015
menix:

It's so certain u guyz sell FIRE WOOD...
Oh,you need HOLY GHOST FIRE to CHANGE your life for best!

(1) (Reply)

Taiwo Alade From Ondo State Emerged Best In The President's Teachers Awards 2015 / Electricity Tariffs To Increase – FG / Patrick Obahiagbon's quote About Dansukigate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.