Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

My Experience With Hostgator - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Experience With Hostgator (3184 Views)

Use This Promo(coupon) Code On Hostgator And Enjoy 60% Discount ON NEW Hosting / *HOSTING/WEBHOSTING RENEWAL? We Pay for GODADDY, BLUEHOST, EHOST & HOSTGATOR etc / Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Hostgator by elyte(m): 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
Good day all

For few weeks now, I have been planning on how to enlarge my Internet business and how to add few others.

I tried hostgator to host my websites....

After paying with my credit MasterCard , they asked me to send my ID and the card I used to pay which I did.

I thought that was all till they asked me to submit one of a long list of documents .
I did the snapshot of the transaction statement mailed to me by my bank which was one of the things they required in the list.

They were not satisfied. They asked me to go to my bank to get a statement and scan to them

Imagine, just to deduct fund from my card for a service.

I have paid many times with the same card to bigger american Internet companies than hostgator.

I am really vexed.

Who has faced the same problem with hostgator?

My web developer friends what are you guys doing to alleviate this kind of problem?

It's high time strong and reliable Internet companies began to rise in Nigeria.

If you have hosted a website before, which host did you use?
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by Ben1975(m): 1:48pm On Sep 16, 2015
Don't understand why so many Nigerians run to foriegn hosts when we have quality ones here too that have been in business for years and have many thousands of clients

They will even allow you to pay in Naira why suffer yourself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Hostgator by magnanimously: 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
Use this platform to host ur website and u will get activated immediately. Servers are on cloud service and very fast. WWW.gr8impacthost.com
Call 09020730161

elyte:
Good day all

For few weeks now, I have been planning on how to enlarge my Internet business and how to add few others.

After paying with my credit MasterCard , they asked me to send my ID and the card I used to pay which I did.

I thought that was all till they asked me to submit one of a long list of documents .
I did the snapshot of the transaction statement mailed to me by my bank which was one of the things they required in the list.

They were not satisfied. They asked me to go to my bank to get a statement and scan to them

I have paid many times with the same card to bigger american Internet companies than hostgator.

I am really vexed.

My web developer friends what are you guys doing to alleviate this kind of problem?

Re: My Experience With Hostgator by magnanimously: 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
Use this platform to host ur website and u will get activated immediately. Servers are on cloud service and very fast. WWW.gr8impacthost.com.
Call 09020730161

Ben1975:
Don't understand why so many Nigerians run to foriegn hosts when we have quality ones here too that have been in business for years and have many thousands of clients

Re: My Experience With Hostgator by hahn(m): 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
Ben1975:

And hostgator is expensive
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by elyte(m): 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2015
Pls which local host would you recommend based on your experience... Pls I need sincere answers
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by Chinenye123: 5:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
elyte:
Pls which local host would you recommend based on your experience... Pls I need sincere answers

I suggest you host with a unlimited web hosting and yes...it is a local host. You don't have to worry again about bandwidth, nor disc space. You can get them unlimited for 200 naira monthly or 2400 naira yearly.

Visit https://webhostilla.com

They have cheap domains from 1600 naira
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by dav8id(m): 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
Chinenye123:

I suggest you host with a unlimited web hosting and yes...it is a local host. You don't have to worry again about bandwidth, nor disc space. You can get them unlimited for 200 naira monthly or 2400 naira yearly.

Visit https://webhostilla.com

They have cheap domains from 1600 naira

i dont trust this Nigeria cheap unlimited hosting..if its for real then at lease a little bit cost nah.
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by Chinenye123: 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
dav8id:

i dont trust this Nigeria cheap unlimited hosting..if its for real then at lease a little bit cost nah.

It all depends on how you want your hosting...if you want higher ones….you can get for 20k to 50k you can check the website

Moreover, its a 60% off hosting price promo
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by boldx(m): 6:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
Domain king is it. That is what i use and they are very dependable.
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by MifiHost: 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2015
Get the best of our unlimited webhosting services. You can try out our services for free by subscribing for the free Web hosting and if you are okay with our services,you can later upgrade anytime,anyday. Visit MifiHost.com for more information.
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by elyte(m): 8:20pm On Sep 16, 2015
dav8id:

That's it... Trust is the issue
I want to host like 3 websites ... I am still researching about local host
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 16, 2015
Ben1975:

Because we hate ourselves and anything from us. In short, an average Nigerian is suffering from low self-esteem.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Hostgator by whisp3r(m): 6:27am On Sep 17, 2015
elyte:

That's it... Trust is the issue
I want to host like 3 websites ... I am still researching about local host

I don't usually comment , just so you don't get scammed.
Local host is a web server hosted on your computer it is mostly used for development and not to host live websites.

To install local host just Google wamp or xamp download and install.

You can try godaddy.com, they don't give you that much stress. Just your card details and they debit and set things up for you. They also have coupons
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by Ben1975(m): 9:29am On Sep 17, 2015
sad

theAtheist101:

Because we hate ourselves and anything from us. In short, an average Nigerian is suffering from low self-esteem.
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by Ben1975(m): 9:33am On Sep 17, 2015
SmartWeb dot com

N2.500 per year
Running for over 10 years
Over one hundred thousand clients
Pay in Naira to their bank account or by interswitch

Start loving the webhosts we have here and you all can thank your growing self esteem you are keeping it real wink

hahn:

And hostgator is expensive
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by hahn(m): 10:24am On Sep 17, 2015
Ben1975:
SmartWeb dot com

N2.500 per year
Running for over 10 years
Over one hundred thousand clients
Pay in Naira to their bank account or by interswitch

Start loving the webhosts we have here and you all can thank your growing self esteem you are keeping it real wink

I've never used them. I've only compared their prices.

I have two websites. www.nimini.com.ng and www.healthyfitnessreport.com and they are both hosted by Nigerian companies.

Proudly naija!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Hostgator by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 17, 2015
elyte:
Good day all

I am really vexed.

My brother, use a reliable Nigerian web host. why foreign host? a Nigerian web host will never request for such long documents please.

You can check my signature for website...our company is very reliable, look for one of our hosting plans that best suits your website, order it, make payment(online or direct deposit in Nigerian Naira), and your hosting account will be setup for you immediately..no long processes.

Regards.
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by elyte(m): 11:51am On Sep 17, 2015
MrAlozie:

My brother, use a reliable Nigerian web host. why foreign host? a Nigerian web host will never request for such long documents please.

You can check my signature for website...our company is very reliable, look for one of our hosting plans that best suits your website, order it, make payment(online or direct deposit in Nigerian Naira), and your hosting account will be setup for you immediately..no long processes.

Regards.

Thanks a lot.. I will go with a Nigerian hosting company...still researching on the best one I can use ... Will check your list
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by elyte(m): 11:54am On Sep 17, 2015
whisp3r:

I don't usually comment , just so you don't get scammed.
Local host is a web server hosted on your computer it is mostly used for development and not to host live websites.

To install local host just Google wamp or xamp download and install.

You can try godaddy.com, they don't give you that much stress. Just your card details and they debit and set things up for you. They also have coupons

Thanks for your comment... I didn't mean local host... I meant Nigerian hosting companies....
Do you use Godaddy?
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by whisp3r(m): 12:18pm On Sep 17, 2015
elyte:

Thanks for your comment... I didn't mean local host... I meant Nigerian hosting companies....
Do you use Godaddy?

I have been using them for about 3 years now, no issues
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by resultcase(m): 12:31pm On Sep 17, 2015
elyte:

Thanks a lot.. I will go with a Nigerian hosting company...still researching on the best one I can use ... Will check your list

You can check www.ss6.net, not as cheap as smart Web but very reliable. And our support is ever ready nd experienced.
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by Ben1975(m): 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
That's great

I host my websites that I created for myself and my clients on Smartweb for years...no wahala

hahn:

I've never used them. I've only compared their prices.

I have two websites. www.nimini.com.ng and www.healthyfitnessreport.com and they are both hosted by Nigerian companies.

Proudly naija!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Hostgator by MifiHost: 9:02am On Sep 18, 2015
You can try out our free Web hosting for free.
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by hemjaypost: 3:41am On Mar 02, 2017
Get hosted on one of the best hosting companies in the world HOSTGATOR and get upto 60% discount with this promo code Spring20[b][/b]17
Re: My Experience With Hostgator by WordpressPhysco: 9:51am On Oct 22, 2020
The thing about Hostgator is, having used it myself, if you're starting a blog, just know that it's good enough in terms of her shared hosting.

And if there is need for upgrade when you grow then do well to go for VPS or cloud or better look for good alternatives.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website / Anybody Help With Affiliate Program / Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.