Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' (21663 Views)

Fayose Gifts 3 Teachers Cars: Hyundai Xcent And KIA RIO [photos] / Fayose Gifts His Brother, Isaac Hummer Jeep On His Birthday / We’ll Gladly Accept Fayose’s Rams, Food Items – Ekiti Imams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by alcmene: 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2015
The General Secretary, League of Imams and Alfas in Nigeria, Ekiti State, Alhaji Abdulrazak Adenipekun, has ordered Muslims in the state to ignore the ban on Sallah’s gift from Governor Ayodele Fayose.

This was contrary to a communique signed by the League’s Assistant Secretary, Alhaji Quadri Oguntuase; a Representative of Ansar-u-deen Missioner, Fatai Jimoh and Chief Imam, Ilogbo, Imam Abdul Rasak, on Tuesday.

The communique had ordered Muslims in the state not to collect rams and other food items for Sallah celebration, if presented to them in any form by the government because of “deliberate marginalisation of Muslims in Ekiti State Government political appointments.”

However, in a press release on Wednesday, Adenipekun said it was his duty as the General Secretary to issue notice of meetings as directed by the president.
He said there was no directive given by the president of the League for any meeting, he described Fayose as a defender of all faiths, adding that he had been fair to Muslims in the appointments made so far.
He said, “We wish to dissociate the league of Imams and Alfas in Ekiti from the purported press statement credited to Alhaji Oguntuase.
While we don’t want to get involved in politics as a religious organization, we must state that Fayose has demonstrated highest respect for Muslims in the State.
“That can be seen from how he, for the first time in the history, made a Muslim one of the three senators representing Ekiti State. One of the two House of Assembly members representing Ado Local Government is a Muslim.
“It is the height of political mischief for anyone or group masquerading as League of Imams and Alfas to have used our revered religious and non-political organization to promote their personal political agenda.

“We are non-political and it amounts to ridiculing the name of Almighty Allah and our great Prophet Mohammed for anyone or group to drag the Islamic religion into politics. We therefore wish to warn those behind the mischief to stop or risk the wrath of the Almighty Allah (SWT).”
Adenipekun said Muslims in Ekiti would gladly accept gifts from the governor if offered.

“We must state that the governor has never discriminated against Muslims.
During his first tenure, he appointed a Muslim as Permanent Secretary, Alhaji Yakubu Sanni. The present Special Adviser on Political Matters, Alhaji Ademola Bello, is a Muslim.
“We are solidly behind the governor and in the overall interest of Ekiti State, we will continue to pray for the success of the present administration.”

source http://www.punchng.com/news/well-gladly-accept-fayoses-rams-food-items-ekiti-imams/

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by ademega(m): 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2015
politics will divide any religion body. anything you mix politics with will never be United

fayose Don give some imamas kudi

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by alcmene: 5:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
Ekiti people are too smart to be deceived by the parochial APC imams smiley

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by tenderlaw(m): 5:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
This imam is a joke. So fayose "made" a Muslim a senator How did he do that? This statement is enough for a probe. Maybe Fayose sat in his bedroom and did all the election thumb printing personally. Issorait.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by Tallesty1(m): 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by Richie0974: 7:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
I have a feeling they've been visited...

9 Likes

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by veekid(m): 7:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
k
Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by jmoore(m): 7:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
Owu sa gi, I ga a mara ihe. grin grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by Tonnierichy(m): 7:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
They actually can't let go the chance to eat free meat.....am sure they were pressured by d muslim populace to retract the ban!! Not their fault though!! Economic issues!!

5 Likes

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by Vikkiboi(m): 7:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
This is what happened when you mix religion with politics.
Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by damton(m): 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
Imams have given it a second thought. Hunger is not smiling

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by cosby02(m): 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
tenderlaw:
This imam is a joke. So fayose "made" a Muslim a senator How did he do that? This statement is enough for a probe. Maybe Fayose sat in his bedroom and did all the election thumb printing personally. Issorait.
Maybe

2 Likes

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by zeezboy(m): 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
For this hard period!
Stomach infrastructure is real !
Oti sure ju!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by Starships4u(m): 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
ok...
Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by cosby02(m): 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
alcmene:
Ekiti people are too smart to be deceived by the parochial APC imams smiley
Politics in Ekiti is foolishly sweet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by aragran1: 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
this is a very sincere, declaration

3 Likes

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by gurunlocker: 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
you should have ignore and see who lose
Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by omenka(m): 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
Hunger makes a man lose all sense of self worth and dignity.

What a pity.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by Ayanko(m): 7:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
Imams should live politics for the politicians.

1 Like

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by Ayanko(m): 7:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
Imams should live politics for the politcians.

1 Like

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by cosby02(m): 7:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
Richie0974:
I have a feeling they've been visited...
You must be another imam from Kuvuki Land or Khalahari Village...lol

4 Likes

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by cosby02(m): 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
Ayanko:
Imams should live politics for the politcians.
Seconded
Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by Timbi: 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
These Ulamas really understand that there is hunger in the land.The Other Ulama is a learner.

7 Likes

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by pmc01(m): 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
An hungry man can also be a silly fellow. All because of food, imagine the rubbish this one is saying. Shameless fellow.

7 Likes

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by cosby02(m): 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
omenka:
Hunger makes a man lose all sense of self worth and dignity.

What a pity.
Mr Pity died on a pity day in Ekiti State grin

1 Like

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by wasco24: 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
kiss kiss
Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by Ciscogod(m): 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
Must we involve religion in every thing we do.

That reminds me of my NYSC days, when some Muslims were complaining about the new excos in corp welfare, my reply was. If I consider u cos ur a Muslim then I should also create space for idol worshippers cos they also have a religion.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by Niyeal(m): 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
Imam deceiving imam IDI. Imam to soji, imam jara e,
Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by stacey8765: 7:28pm On Sep 17, 2015
Good Day everyone..

Mr name is Stacey Wathan from Califonial, My husband has been suffering for HEPATITIS B for over 7 years without no cure, I went to all hopistal but there was no cure for him, But today he is finally ok, with the help of this health medical lab who i get in contact with here online, they deliver the medicine to me with instruction just after 7 days my husband was totally ok even my doctor confirm it with test, whoever that have that kind of sickness stop thinknng and panic,there is now a cure for it you can also contact them for help.Here is their email: healthmedlab@gmail.com
Re: ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' by Sijo01(f): 7:28pm On Sep 17, 2015
Who nor like better thing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Assents To Police Bill 2020 / Osinbajo Remembers Surviving Helicopter Crash In 2019 / Soludo: I Inherited A ‘Red Treasury And Pervasive Insecurity’ In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.